Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New twist in the Sala plane crash 14:32 - Aug 14 with 54130 viewsThrasher6

Emiliano Sala 'exposed to carbon monoxide in plane crash'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-49345186

Footballer Emiliano Sala, who died in a plane crash over the English Channel, had been exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide, a report has revealed.

Sala and pilot David Ibbotson crashed on 21 January when travelling to Cardiff from the French city of Nantes.

Toxicology tests on Sala's body showed CO levels in his blood were so great it could have caused a seizure, unconsciousness or a heart attack.

Mr Ibbotson, from Crowle, North Lincolnshire, has still not been found.

But it is likely he would also have been exposed to carbon monoxide, the Air Accidents Investigations Branch (AAIB) report said.

Geraint Herbert, head of air accidents for the AAIB, said it is believed both men were exposed to the gas before the plane crashed.

"Symptoms at low exposure levels [to carbon monoxide] can be drowsiness and dizziness, but as the exposure level increases it can lead to unconsciousness and death," he added.

"The investigation continues to look into a wide range of areas in relation to this accident, but in particular we are looking at the potential ways in which carbon monoxide can enter the cabin in this type of aircraft."
[Post edited 14 Aug 2019 14:33]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 18:00 - Nov 6 with 2379 viewssainthelens

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 17:40 - Nov 6 by taffpunk

If they're from Llanwrtyd I'm delighted they're Jacks. It's certainly the strangest place myself and Mrs TP have ever stayed, full of odd-bods. No we're not here for the tractor pull, and the Pub with the Jack flag on the wall, lots of very unusual 'characters' in there.

I walked through Canton once, thought they were filming The Walking Dead.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 18:03 - Nov 6 with 2382 viewsChief

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:39 - Nov 6 by NotLoyal

You should
1. Try being older
2. Stop following a club when it's successful.
3. Open your eyes a bit, stop being so negative and understand you don't know everything.

You will be telling me next 80 swans fans didn't travel from Gloucester in the 90's.

Any views on anything else, cool story dude...

1. I'd rather not but it's an inevitable part of life.
2. If the Swans ever do get successful again I doubt I will stop.
3. Not being negative, being realistic, your story was extremely far fetched in my eyes, your replies since have perpetuated this further.

Can't comment on your Gloucester comments.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:48 - Nov 6 with 2260 viewsbuilthjack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 14:04 - Nov 6 by Chief

Yes I've also travelled on the HoW to games also there is only 1 realistic service that make kick off unfortunately.

Usually a 2 small carriage cattle truck but a decent amount of Swans on there usually.

It gets in about 1pm and leaves at 6.15pm. Ideal if you want a couple of pints and take in the game.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:52 - Nov 6 with 2246 viewsbuilthjack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 17:40 - Nov 6 by taffpunk

If they're from Llanwrtyd I'm delighted they're Jacks. It's certainly the strangest place myself and Mrs TP have ever stayed, full of odd-bods. No we're not here for the tractor pull, and the Pub with the Jack flag on the wall, lots of very unusual 'characters' in there.

always had good support from Llanwrtyd. Also Llangamarch - minimichu

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:05 - Nov 6 with 2238 viewsChief

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:48 - Nov 6 by builthjack

It gets in about 1pm and leaves at 6.15pm. Ideal if you want a couple of pints and take in the game.

Yes not bad. There's also one that gets in around 9am.

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:32 - Nov 6 with 2221 viewsNotLoyal

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 18:03 - Nov 6 by Chief

1. I'd rather not but it's an inevitable part of life.
2. If the Swans ever do get successful again I doubt I will stop.
3. Not being negative, being realistic, your story was extremely far fetched in my eyes, your replies since have perpetuated this further.

Can't comment on your Gloucester comments.

You cant comment.
1. Don't.

It isn't my fault that for the play off semi final v wba (it was a Sunday) you were either supporting someone else or too young. But trust me, those trains, even the extra ones out on were rammed. Just because 20 years later your experiences are different doesn't make it incorrect.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2019 15:06]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 18:08 - Nov 7 with 2095 viewstaffpunk

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:52 - Nov 6 by builthjack

always had good support from Llanwrtyd. Also Llangamarch - minimichu

Not denying it, I'd have no idea.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 20:19 - Nov 7 with 2027 viewsBrynmill_Jack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 18:08 - Nov 7 by taffpunk

Not denying it, I'd have no idea.

And Aberaeron!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 08:26 - Nov 17 with 1867 viewsTimTtam

I only just realised that once Nantes provide their bank details to Cardiff, there will be a 45-day deadline for Cardiff to pay. Sounds reasonable right? BUT because Cardiff have appealed, it delays the deadline. Only once the appeal process is complete can Nantes provide their bank details, and the appeal process is said to take up to 1 year!

In that time they will be able to sign players for the next 2 transfer windows to prepare for the eventual embargo, and by the time the punishment is handed down, they'll have an expensive squad thanks to their 30M parachute payment...

We may be waiting until November 2020 for their punishment, and that's if they don't find more ways of delaying/making excuses.

On the other hand, if they go down this path and don't get promoted in the next 2 seasons, they're royally screwed.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 08:49 - Nov 17 with 1828 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 08:26 - Nov 17 by TimTtam

I only just realised that once Nantes provide their bank details to Cardiff, there will be a 45-day deadline for Cardiff to pay. Sounds reasonable right? BUT because Cardiff have appealed, it delays the deadline. Only once the appeal process is complete can Nantes provide their bank details, and the appeal process is said to take up to 1 year!

In that time they will be able to sign players for the next 2 transfer windows to prepare for the eventual embargo, and by the time the punishment is handed down, they'll have an expensive squad thanks to their 30M parachute payment...

We may be waiting until November 2020 for their punishment, and that's if they don't find more ways of delaying/making excuses.

On the other hand, if they go down this path and don't get promoted in the next 2 seasons, they're royally screwed.

1) Harris won't be given money and probably will be gone by summer.

2) You're discounting the possibility CAS find in our favour.

3) CAS find against us, club pay up so no embargo.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 09:16 - Nov 17 with 1786 viewsTimTtam

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 08:49 - Nov 17 by bluey_the_blue

1) Good.

2) I'm aware it's a remote possibility. I just didn't mention it in the post. I'm assuming you'll lose the appeal.

3) FIFA found that Cardiff were liable to pay. Yet they didn't pay. Why should we believe they will pay if they are found guilty for a second time? Can't the club just refuse to pay, and instead serve a 3-window transfer ban?
[Post edited 17 Nov 2019 9:17]

My name is Matt

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 09:19 - Nov 17 with 1783 viewsBrynmill_Jack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 08:49 - Nov 17 by bluey_the_blue

The way you lot have behaved through this whole affair I’ll take point 3 with a half a ton of Saxa.

When CAS rule in favour of Nantes Tan will be heard screeching around the CCS offices “me no pay cos he no play cos he de, he de ffs”. (Rough translation)

Because that’s in reality is Tan’s objection (although hidden) - it’s got nothing to do with any incomplete paperwork - it’s just the fact that the player he is spending 15 million on is dead.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 09:35 - Nov 17 with 1751 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 09:19 - Nov 17 by Brynmill_Jack

The way you lot have behaved through this whole affair I’ll take point 3 with a half a ton of Saxa.

When CAS rule in favour of Nantes Tan will be heard screeching around the CCS offices “me no pay cos he no play cos he de, he de ffs”. (Rough translation)

Because that’s in reality is Tan’s objection (although hidden) - it’s got nothing to do with any incomplete paperwork - it’s just the fact that the player he is spending 15 million on is dead.

It's good to know that you have this amazing talent that you know exactly what Tan thinks, along with putting out a borderline racist mockery of him.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 09:48 - Nov 17 with 1741 viewsItchySphincter

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 09:35 - Nov 17 by bluey_the_blue

It's good to know that you have this amazing talent that you know exactly what Tan thinks, along with putting out a borderline racist mockery of him.

Nothing borderline about the racism in that there post.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 10:01 - Nov 17 with 1723 viewsexiledclaseboy

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 09:48 - Nov 17 by ItchySphincter

Indeed. It’s pretty on the nose.

Poll: Tory leader

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 10:05 - Nov 17 with 1708 viewsraynor94

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 09:19 - Nov 17 by Brynmill_Jack

Andrew Sachs?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 10:17 - Nov 17 with 1695 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 09:48 - Nov 17 by ItchySphincter

Well, yeah, was giving some benefit of doubt.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 10:51 - Nov 17 with 1650 viewsChief

Pay up you scummy tvvats

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 11:17 - Nov 17 with 1610 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 09:16 - Nov 17 by TimTtam

1) Good.

2) I'm aware it's a remote possibility. I just didn't mention it in the post. I'm assuming you'll lose the appeal.

3) FIFA found that Cardiff were liable to pay. Yet they didn't pay. Why should we believe they will pay if they are found guilty for a second time? Can't the club just refuse to pay, and instead serve a 3-window transfer ban?
[Post edited 17 Nov 2019 9:17]

CAS is the final appeal stage possible - tbh, I'd forgotten all about them.

Once it happened and insurers got involved, the legal process kicked in. Until that all pays out...
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 11:25 - Nov 17 with 1602 viewsHighjack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 10:01 - Nov 17 by exiledclaseboy

Indeed. It’s pretty on the nose.

Also known as just above the trouser line.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 11:42 - Nov 17 with 1586 viewsGowerjack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 10:51 - Nov 17 by Chief

Pay up you scummy tvvats

Yep.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 12:19 - Nov 17 with 1532 viewsexhmrc1

Problem for you lot is Bluey you have Warnock free to be a witness and no reason for him to support you. He knows exactly what went on and what arrangements were with Mckay. Abbadonato of the scum mail implied that part of the problem with Warnock was his association with Mckay and your club weren't happy with him and that is part of the reason Warnock left. This has been backed up by your fellow fans on Cardiff City Forum. Some there believe Tan would prefer a transfer ban than paying up.
What has happened to the players liason officer at the time. Wasn't he awaiting at Cardiff Airport for Sala. Wasn't he a Cardiff City employee so Cardiff City were aware Sala was being transported in a private plane. He could also be called as a witness and will have no reason to help your club if as claimed he has left or been sacked by your club.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 12:25 - Nov 17 with 1520 viewsmonmouth

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 12:19 - Nov 17 by exhmrc1

Problem for you lot is Bluey you have Warnock free to be a witness and no reason for him to support you. He knows exactly what went on and what arrangements were with Mckay. Abbadonato of the scum mail implied that part of the problem with Warnock was his association with Mckay and your club weren't happy with him and that is part of the reason Warnock left. This has been backed up by your fellow fans on Cardiff City Forum. Some there believe Tan would prefer a transfer ban than paying up.
What has happened to the players liason officer at the time. Wasn't he awaiting at Cardiff Airport for Sala. Wasn't he a Cardiff City employee so Cardiff City were aware Sala was being transported in a private plane. He could also be called as a witness and will have no reason to help your club if as claimed he has left or been sacked by your club.

No mate, their problem is they are scummy c*nts trying to get out of their liability, as the football authorities have already confirmed. The CAS will simply confirm that fact. They won’t be allowed the option of transfer embargo or paying. That’s just an interim. They will have to pay or the sanctions will get much worse.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 12:29 - Nov 17 with 1515 viewsTimTtam

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 11:17 - Nov 17 by bluey_the_blue

CAS is the final appeal stage possible - tbh, I'd forgotten all about them.

Once it happened and insurers got involved, the legal process kicked in. Until that all pays out...

They'll try something else for sure. Remember this is the deadline for the first of three installments. I won't be surprised if your lot delay the 2nd and 3rd payments. They'll argue that they need more time in order to comply with FFP or something along those lines.

Heck, maybe once CAS rule Sala was a Cardiff player, the club will start taking sympathy from the general public again.

The club simply do not want to pay, and their strategy is to write any narrative that can give even the slightest glimmer of hope that they wont have to pay. If they weren't hell bent on this strategy, they would've payed Nantes immediately with some of their TV money, and would be viewed as a class act. Instead, the dislike several fanbases have for Cardiff has grown due to the club's actions. Regardless of legalities and paperwork, the right and moral thing to do would've been to pay up.

My name is Matt

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 12:30 - Nov 17 with 1516 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 12:19 - Nov 17 by exhmrc1

McKay was involved by Nantes not us.

You're citing Paul Abandon-all-hopeio implying something? Your point makes little sense anyway given Warnock stated it would be his last season... nothing to do with McKay. Tbh, I also get the feeling Warnock had given up, he mentioned before he was blaming himself for Sala, should have insisted he came back before the previous game...

"Backed up by fellow fans"? Oh, you mean claims on Anus' message board? The site you lot correctly point out is full of sh1t until it's something you want to believe?

Yes, the player liasion officer was waiting for Sala. He'd been in contact with Sala. He was well aware, as was the club, that Sala had refused the flight the club had arranged because he wanted to stay at Nantes, visit people there.

I'm really not sure what your point is, are you saying club should have rushed over there, bashed Sala over head with a blunt object and bundled him onto the arranged commercial flight?

With your vast intellect, are you sure you're exhmrc and not actually currenthmrc?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024