Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New twist in the Sala plane crash 14:32 - Aug 14 with 54095 viewsThrasher6

Emiliano Sala 'exposed to carbon monoxide in plane crash'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-49345186

Footballer Emiliano Sala, who died in a plane crash over the English Channel, had been exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide, a report has revealed.

Sala and pilot David Ibbotson crashed on 21 January when travelling to Cardiff from the French city of Nantes.

Toxicology tests on Sala's body showed CO levels in his blood were so great it could have caused a seizure, unconsciousness or a heart attack.

Mr Ibbotson, from Crowle, North Lincolnshire, has still not been found.

But it is likely he would also have been exposed to carbon monoxide, the Air Accidents Investigations Branch (AAIB) report said.

Geraint Herbert, head of air accidents for the AAIB, said it is believed both men were exposed to the gas before the plane crashed.

"Symptoms at low exposure levels [to carbon monoxide] can be drowsiness and dizziness, but as the exposure level increases it can lead to unconsciousness and death," he added.

"The investigation continues to look into a wide range of areas in relation to this accident, but in particular we are looking at the potential ways in which carbon monoxide can enter the cabin in this type of aircraft."
[Post edited 14 Aug 2019 14:33]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 10:21 - Dec 7 with 2478 viewsBluebird

If this had happened to Someone else there wouldn't be all these pages. Most of you are just using his death to have a pop at us..
Grow Up ffs
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 10:54 - Dec 7 with 2473 viewsTNT

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 10:21 - Dec 7 by Bluebird

If this had happened to Someone else there wouldn't be all these pages. Most of you are just using his death to have a pop at us..
Grow Up ffs

Stop disrespecting him and his family, you twonk. Pay up and shut up.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 11:48 - Dec 7 with 2447 viewsTimTtam

Grow Up ffs

We're critical of your club. We're also critical of other clubs for showing no class and/or denying accusations like Derby and Sheffield Wednesday to name a few. Get on Twitter and look at the replies to tweets about Cardiff appealing at various stages in time. You'll see that there are hundreds if not thousands of comments criticising your club, and you'll see that the large majority are from fans of other clubs.

🤡 🤡 🤡

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 13:43 - Dec 7 with 2405 viewsChief

Grow Up ffs

If you don't like it pish off to your own clubs board.

Cardiff City have acted in a disgusting manner and deserve to be taken to task on it, whether they happen to be our biggest rivals or not.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 10:04 - Jan 19 with 2177 viewsTimTtam

The decision regarding the Sala payment may be released in Spring 2025 at the latest...

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/emiliano-sala-cardiff

Cardiff City v Nantes legal row

Cardiff City have been locked in a bitter dispute with Nantes over the £15million transfer fee to bring Sala to the Welsh capital, and it does not appear this will be resolved swiftly.

Cardiff argue he was not officially their player at the time of his death and are not responsible for the fee, while Nantes disagree.

Fifa stepped in and have already ordered the Bluebirds to pay up the first instalment fee - £5.3m - but the club is appealing the decision to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Cardiff's view is they did not put Sala on this plane, pick the pilot or choose the aircraft, while they also insist certain conditions of the deal to bring him to Wales had not been met.

The appeal is due to be heard this spring, with two likely scenarios:

- CAS make a decision and rule there should be a compromise, with all parties paying a section of the fee. They could rule that both Cardiff and Nantes must each pay pay £5m and also put £2m each into a trust fund for the Sala family.
- Because there is a criminal investigation underway, matters could be suspended for four to five years.

At some point in the coming days, WalesOnline understand it is the Bluebirds' intention to put their point of view across to fans and media in general about the non-payment of the transfer fee instalment. They feel this could put a different perception on the situation; the club feels no one has yet got anywhere near the truth.

The club are also keen for a trust to be set up for the Sala family which they can pay into.

For now, the club are preparing the case with their lawyers for the CAS appeal.

AN ANNIVERSARY TRIBUTE

Cardiff fans are being invited to pay their respects by laying tributes at the Fred Keenor statue outside Cardiff City Stadium on Tuesday in memory of both men. Fans are invited to attend throughout the day, while the club has also confirmed there will be a memorial service dedicated to both men at St David's Cathedral on Charles Street in Cardiff city centre during the same afternoon.

My name is Matt

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 10:05 - Mar 11 with 1956 viewsVincent_Vega

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 10:04 - Jan 19 by TimTtam

The decision regarding the Sala payment may be released in Spring 2025 at the latest...

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/emiliano-sala-cardiff

Cardiff City v Nantes legal row

Cardiff City have been locked in a bitter dispute with Nantes over the £15million transfer fee to bring Sala to the Welsh capital, and it does not appear this will be resolved swiftly.

Cardiff argue he was not officially their player at the time of his death and are not responsible for the fee, while Nantes disagree.

Fifa stepped in and have already ordered the Bluebirds to pay up the first instalment fee - £5.3m - but the club is appealing the decision to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Cardiff's view is they did not put Sala on this plane, pick the pilot or choose the aircraft, while they also insist certain conditions of the deal to bring him to Wales had not been met.

The appeal is due to be heard this spring, with two likely scenarios:

- CAS make a decision and rule there should be a compromise, with all parties paying a section of the fee. They could rule that both Cardiff and Nantes must each pay pay £5m and also put £2m each into a trust fund for the Sala family.
- Because there is a criminal investigation underway, matters could be suspended for four to five years.

At some point in the coming days, WalesOnline understand it is the Bluebirds' intention to put their point of view across to fans and media in general about the non-payment of the transfer fee instalment. They feel this could put a different perception on the situation; the club feels no one has yet got anywhere near the truth.

The club are also keen for a trust to be set up for the Sala family which they can pay into.

For now, the club are preparing the case with their lawyers for the CAS appeal.

AN ANNIVERSARY TRIBUTE

Cardiff fans are being invited to pay their respects by laying tributes at the Fred Keenor statue outside Cardiff City Stadium on Tuesday in memory of both men. Fans are invited to attend throughout the day, while the club has also confirmed there will be a memorial service dedicated to both men at St David's Cathedral on Charles Street in Cardiff city centre during the same afternoon.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-51831150

interesting..

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

New twist in the Sala plane crash (n/t) on 11:07 - Mar 11 with 1891 viewsSwanjaxs

[Post edited 11 Mar 2020 12:13]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 12:00 - Mar 11 with 1856 viewsVincent_Vega

New twist in the Sala plane crash (n/t) on 11:07 - Mar 11 by Swanjaxs

[Post edited 11 Mar 2020 12:13]

umm

Login to get fewer ads

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 12:32 - Mar 11 with 1818 viewsNeathJack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 10:05 - Mar 11 by Vincent_Vega

interesting..

Where's Bluey these days?
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 12:45 - Mar 11 with 1788 viewsSwanjaxs

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 12:32 - Mar 11 by NeathJack

Self isolating 😂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 12:46 - Mar 11 with 1790 viewsVincent_Vega

trying out his many log in profiles...

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 14:22 - Mar 11 with 1704 viewspencoedjack

Making up stories for Benny
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:19 - Mar 11 with 1665 viewsTimTtam

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 10:05 - Mar 11 by Vincent_Vega

interesting..

So what I take away from that is that the man prosecutes thought may have played a part in the crash, didn't.

Cardiff are lucky. if they're crafty enough they can get the CAS decision delayed even further due to the Man City CL decision (which will be overturned).

And here is another interesting factor. This guy is an extremely reliable and respected source. Grim reading for Cardiff fans. It suggests Cardiff expect to have to pay, but don't want to admit it.

Scroll through the next 2 tweets too:

My name is Matt

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 18:24 - Mar 11 with 1560 viewsmonmouth

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:19 - Mar 11 by TimTtam

So what I take away from that is that the man prosecutes thought may have played a part in the crash, didn't.

Cardiff are lucky. if they're crafty enough they can get the CAS decision delayed even further due to the Man City CL decision (which will be overturned).

And here is another interesting factor. This guy is an extremely reliable and respected source. Grim reading for Cardiff fans. It suggests Cardiff expect to have to pay, but don't want to admit it.

Scroll through the next 2 tweets too:

They would have to make an accounting provision as the odds must be against them after the initial judgement. It's not really a measure of their own outcome expectation, just a recognition of uncertainty, although I'd be surprised if they don't think they'll have to. Isn't their latest wheeze a counter suit against nantes/agent/uncle tom cobley?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 19:10 - Mar 11 with 1520 viewsCatullus

Grow Up ffs

You may well be right but if the positions were reversed I guarantee the same thing would be happening on your websites. Remember your fans mocking us when Alan Davies died and then the incident at Rothrham, Terry Coles was a favourite subject for your fans too.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 19:32 - Mar 11 with 1500 viewssherpajacob

Grow Up ffs

I sincerely doubt any other club would have acted the way Cardiff have.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 08:25 - Mar 12 with 1317 viewsTimTtam

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 19:32 - Mar 11 by sherpajacob

Hey, this is the South West & Wales Community Club of the Year we're talking about. They'd never drag a dead man and his family's name through the mud, would they, while also suing his former club?

The fact that joke of an organisation gave them an award says everything you need to know about CCFC.

My name is Matt

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:26 - Mar 12 with 1220 viewsHighjack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 19:32 - Mar 11 by sherpajacob

I have friends who are supporters of other clubs in England and Scotland and they unanimously agree that the way Cardiff have behaved over this is the scummiest thing any club has ever done in their lifetimes.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:30 - Mar 12 with 1219 viewsLeonWasGod

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:26 - Mar 12 by Highjack

I have friends who are supporters of other clubs in England and Scotland and they unanimously agree that the way Cardiff have behaved over this is the scummiest thing any club has ever done in their lifetimes.

I don't believe that.

There's no way you have friends
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 19:04 - Mar 12 with 1146 viewsNotLoyal

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 19:10 - Mar 11 by Catullus

You may well be right but if the positions were reversed I guarantee the same thing would be happening on your websites. Remember your fans mocking us when Alan Davies died and then the incident at Rothrham, Terry Coles was a favourite subject for your fans too.

Those cnts put a get well soon message on the big screen at a Wales game. Fcking scum.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 20:42 - Mar 12 with 1111 viewsTNT

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 19:04 - Mar 12 by NotLoyal

Those cnts put a get well soon message on the big screen at a Wales game. Fcking scum.

They are called scum for good reason.

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 20:47 - Mar 12 with 1101 viewsTNT

...and I'll never forget Alan Davies smashing the ball into their onion bag at onion park, too.

Best way to shut the fkrs up.

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 14:23 - Mar 13 with 1007 viewstheloneranger

Air Accident Investigation Branch has said the pilot was not licensed to fly the plane..

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:00 - Mar 13 with 977 viewsLeonWasGod

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 14:23 - Mar 13 by theloneranger

Air Accident Investigation Branch has said the pilot was not licensed to fly the plane..

Didn't we know that right at the start - he didn't have a licence for night flying by instruments or something?
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:16 - Mar 13 with 961 viewstheloneranger

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:00 - Mar 13 by LeonWasGod

Didn't we know that right at the start - he didn't have a licence for night flying by instruments or something?

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2020-03-13/pilot-in-emiliano-sala-crash-did-not-h

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024