Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New twist in the Sala plane crash 14:32 - Aug 14 with 54093 viewsThrasher6

Emiliano Sala 'exposed to carbon monoxide in plane crash'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-49345186

Footballer Emiliano Sala, who died in a plane crash over the English Channel, had been exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide, a report has revealed.

Sala and pilot David Ibbotson crashed on 21 January when travelling to Cardiff from the French city of Nantes.

Toxicology tests on Sala's body showed CO levels in his blood were so great it could have caused a seizure, unconsciousness or a heart attack.

Mr Ibbotson, from Crowle, North Lincolnshire, has still not been found.

But it is likely he would also have been exposed to carbon monoxide, the Air Accidents Investigations Branch (AAIB) report said.

Geraint Herbert, head of air accidents for the AAIB, said it is believed both men were exposed to the gas before the plane crashed.

"Symptoms at low exposure levels [to carbon monoxide] can be drowsiness and dizziness, but as the exposure level increases it can lead to unconsciousness and death," he added.

"The investigation continues to look into a wide range of areas in relation to this accident, but in particular we are looking at the potential ways in which carbon monoxide can enter the cabin in this type of aircraft."
[Post edited 14 Aug 2019 14:33]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 18:40 - Aug 16 with 1680 viewsNotLoyal

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 17:47 - Aug 16 by bluey_the_blue

As I keep saying the two issues are completely separate.

Evidence from both sides has been lodged with FIFA with regards to the transfer status. Let them decide based upon that evidence.

Evidence from both sides equals the problem.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 20:04 - Aug 16 with 1618 viewsPhil_S

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 17:47 - Aug 16 by bluey_the_blue

As I keep saying the two issues are completely separate.

Evidence from both sides has been lodged with FIFA with regards to the transfer status. Let them decide based upon that evidence.

Simply put you believed he was your player until this tragic accident at which point - once you had milked the sympathy - your club decided that he wasnt and therefore you didnt want to pay.

Nobody comes out of this with any credit yet you seem to think your club did nothing wrong. You are deluded at the best of times, you are also deluded at the worst of times
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 20:18 - Aug 16 with 1610 viewsplasjack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 20:04 - Aug 16 by Phil_S

Simply put you believed he was your player until this tragic accident at which point - once you had milked the sympathy - your club decided that he wasnt and therefore you didnt want to pay.

Nobody comes out of this with any credit yet you seem to think your club did nothing wrong. You are deluded at the best of times, you are also deluded at the worst of times

Well said, a club bringing shame on themselves and Wales, thankfully SCFC is a shining light on recovering our pride, it will leave them a legacy of mistrust due to their intransigence.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 20:27 - Aug 16 with 1597 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 20:04 - Aug 16 by Phil_S

Nobody knew the contractual situation - it wasn't public.

What precisely have we done that has been "wrong"? If the deal wasn't completed, the deal wasn't completed. Legal advice club received led to that action.

If the Trust had full control of your club, Phil, in that position can you hand on heart claim you'd automatically have paid 15m - especially if you received such advice that the deal had not completed?

Milking sympathy? No offence but that's a pathetic claim. I expect that from others but not you.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 20:45 - Aug 16 with 1570 viewsPhil_S

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 20:27 - Aug 16 by bluey_the_blue

Nobody knew the contractual situation - it wasn't public.

What precisely have we done that has been "wrong"? If the deal wasn't completed, the deal wasn't completed. Legal advice club received led to that action.

If the Trust had full control of your club, Phil, in that position can you hand on heart claim you'd automatically have paid 15m - especially if you received such advice that the deal had not completed?

Milking sympathy? No offence but that's a pathetic claim. I expect that from others but not you.

What i do know is that if the deal had not been completed we wouldn't have paraded him as a record signing before his tragic death and then taken all the sympathy that (rightly) went with it as the loss of "one of your own"

He would have been paraded after the signing has completed.

the sad part is the moment this happened you almost started looking for loopholes and thats a poor action and to be honest had we acted that way I would be equally as critical. It's a lack of class.

This post has been edited by an administrator
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 20:53 - Aug 16 with 1557 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 20:45 - Aug 16 by Phil_S

What i do know is that if the deal had not been completed we wouldn't have paraded him as a record signing before his tragic death and then taken all the sympathy that (rightly) went with it as the loss of "one of your own"

He would have been paraded after the signing has completed.

the sad part is the moment this happened you almost started looking for loopholes and thats a poor action and to be honest had we acted that way I would be equally as critical. It's a lack of class.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Plenty of players are paraded as signings before everything is 100% complete You're fully aware of that - things happen; medicals failed etc.

It's pretty obvious the intent was for him to sign. We know of the Prem league issue relating to the structure of payments to Sala. There's no guarantee he'd have signed an amended contract - due to greed of others we'll never know. Non-signing of amended contract would've caused the deal to collapse - and I'd be happy with that as Sala would still be alive.

You claim we looked for "loopholes". The whole affair raised many questions, lawyers got involved - as would happen with any club. If questions are then raised, it's valid to look into them. That's common sense yet to you "looking for loopholes"., a claim for which you have no evidence.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 20:55 - Aug 16 with 1548 viewsDarran

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 20:53 - Aug 16 by bluey_the_blue

Plenty of players are paraded as signings before everything is 100% complete You're fully aware of that - things happen; medicals failed etc.

It's pretty obvious the intent was for him to sign. We know of the Prem league issue relating to the structure of payments to Sala. There's no guarantee he'd have signed an amended contract - due to greed of others we'll never know. Non-signing of amended contract would've caused the deal to collapse - and I'd be happy with that as Sala would still be alive.

You claim we looked for "loopholes". The whole affair raised many questions, lawyers got involved - as would happen with any club. If questions are then raised, it's valid to look into them. That's common sense yet to you "looking for loopholes"., a claim for which you have no evidence.

Clubs parade a signing and then the said player takes a medical and fails it?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 20:57 - Aug 16 with 1544 viewsPorthcawlswan

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 13:25 - Aug 16 by Phil_S

This is all well and good but why does that mean you shouldn't pay the fee to Nantes that was agreed between the two sides before the player was paraded as your record signing?

Not at all! I'm just saying I think there's more to the actual story
Login to get fewer ads

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:02 - Aug 16 with 1533 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 20:55 - Aug 16 by Darran

It's happened in the past elsewhere.

Fact of life, like it or not, teams announce signings before everything is fully completed.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:02 - Aug 16 with 1532 viewsDarran

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:02 - Aug 16 by bluey_the_blue

Fact of life, like it or not, teams announce signings before everything is fully completed.

Where?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:03 - Aug 16 with 1532 viewsGaryjack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 20:55 - Aug 16 by Darran

Innit! I can't think of a single incident where there that has happened at any club ever!
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:04 - Aug 16 with 1524 viewsDarran

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:03 - Aug 16 by Garyjack

Innit! I can't think of a single incident where there that has happened at any club ever!

Not in recent times in the PL anyway.

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:07 - Aug 16 with 1517 viewsGaryjack

Hmmm, Like signed subject to international clearance you mean? Yeah that happens for sure, but clubs don't parade them around on that basis!
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:19 - Aug 16 with 1487 viewsGaryjack

Give us another example then Bluey?
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:23 - Aug 16 with 1472 viewsBrynmill_Jack

In other news - Joe Ralls mysteriously rushed to hospital as sickness prevents him taking a drugs test............................

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:28 - Aug 16 with 1457 viewsGaryjack

Or another example of this maybe?

There's hundreds more mind!
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:34 - Aug 16 with 1444 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:23 - Aug 16 by Brynmill_Jack

In other news - Joe Ralls mysteriously rushed to hospital as sickness prevents him taking a drugs test............................

Might want to read the article. He gave a sample. Awkward.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:35 - Aug 16 with 1435 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:19 - Aug 16 by Garyjack

Give us another example then Bluey?

Nabil Fekir to Liverpool. Was doing club media stuff at Liverpool when deal fell through...
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:37 - Aug 16 with 1429 viewsBrynmill_Jack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:28 - Aug 16 by Garyjack

Shocking scenes which show Cardiff both having their cake, eating it then tking it back to the bakery. How can anyone possibly renege on a deal just because the player dies? That's the real truth isn't it? They don't want to pay because he's dead. Horrific, yet this plum keeps on defending them.I'd be mortified if our club did this.

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:39 - Aug 16 with 1418 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:37 - Aug 16 by Brynmill_Jack

Shocking scenes which show Cardiff both having their cake, eating it then tking it back to the bakery. How can anyone possibly renege on a deal just because the player dies? That's the real truth isn't it? They don't want to pay because he's dead. Horrific, yet this plum keeps on defending them.I'd be mortified if our club did this.

Yet if Nantes had claimed the deal hadn't been completed pre flight, so could then sell him elsewhere, you'd be lapping it up.

Let FIFA look at the evidence and make a decision. We've already said we'll pay, we need clarification from FIFA about the transfer. If Nantes hadn't engaged Mackay, Sala would be alive.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:40 - Aug 16 with 1417 viewsNeathJack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:35 - Aug 16 by bluey_the_blue

Nabil Fekir to Liverpool. Was doing club media stuff at Liverpool when deal fell through...

Ah right, was he officially announced as a Liverpool player then?
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:40 - Aug 16 with 1414 viewsSwanjaxs

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:35 - Aug 16 by bluey_the_blue

🙈

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:42 - Aug 16 with 1405 viewsBrynmill_Jack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:34 - Aug 16 by bluey_the_blue

Might want to read the article. He gave a sample. Awkward.

Just heard what Warnock said. He said he couldn't give a sample because he was sick on the radio. Turns out he managed to in the end. Well done Joe Ralls. I wonder if he passed?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:43 - Aug 16 with 1403 viewspencoedjack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:28 - Aug 16 by Garyjack

Vermin the lot of them.

No point trying to explain to Bluey what supporters of other clubs think of C*****f

No doubt he knows someone who thinks differently 👍
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:44 - Aug 16 with 1401 viewsbluey_the_blue

I'm out of this thread.

I know there are plenty here happy to use the death of a player to point score so it doesn't really matter if any common sense is applied.

As always, let FIFA make a determination based upon evidence provided. I know, such a difficult concept to grasp for some.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024