Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New twist in the Sala plane crash 14:32 - Aug 14 with 53778 viewsThrasher6

Emiliano Sala 'exposed to carbon monoxide in plane crash'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-49345186

Footballer Emiliano Sala, who died in a plane crash over the English Channel, had been exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide, a report has revealed.

Sala and pilot David Ibbotson crashed on 21 January when travelling to Cardiff from the French city of Nantes.

Toxicology tests on Sala's body showed CO levels in his blood were so great it could have caused a seizure, unconsciousness or a heart attack.

Mr Ibbotson, from Crowle, North Lincolnshire, has still not been found.

But it is likely he would also have been exposed to carbon monoxide, the Air Accidents Investigations Branch (AAIB) report said.

Geraint Herbert, head of air accidents for the AAIB, said it is believed both men were exposed to the gas before the plane crashed.

"Symptoms at low exposure levels [to carbon monoxide] can be drowsiness and dizziness, but as the exposure level increases it can lead to unconsciousness and death," he added.

"The investigation continues to look into a wide range of areas in relation to this accident, but in particular we are looking at the potential ways in which carbon monoxide can enter the cabin in this type of aircraft."
[Post edited 14 Aug 2019 14:33]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:45 - Aug 16 with 2276 viewsBrynmill_Jack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:39 - Aug 16 by bluey_the_blue

Yet if Nantes had claimed the deal hadn't been completed pre flight, so could then sell him elsewhere, you'd be lapping it up.

Let FIFA look at the evidence and make a decision. We've already said we'll pay, we need clarification from FIFA about the transfer. If Nantes hadn't engaged Mackay, Sala would be alive.

Why not pay up but then ask FIFA if they're happy with the irregularities? Same result but at least it would look better on CCFC.
If he was alive today any alleged problems would have been quickly sorted by Cardiff . No question.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:46 - Aug 16 with 2304 viewsGaryjack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:35 - Aug 16 by bluey_the_blue

Nabil Fekir to Liverpool. Was doing club media stuff at Liverpool when deal fell through...

Not announced on any reliable media outlet, and a picture that was clearly photo
shopped!
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:50 - Aug 16 with 2258 viewsBrynmill_Jack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:44 - Aug 16 by bluey_the_blue

I'm out of this thread.

I know there are plenty here happy to use the death of a player to point score so it doesn't really matter if any common sense is applied.

As always, let FIFA make a determination based upon evidence provided. I know, such a difficult concept to grasp for some.

Far worse to use the death of a player to gain sympathy from the world of football then pretend the deal was not complete due to a technicality!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:18 - Aug 16 with 2250 viewsCooperman

I'm out of this thread.

I know there are plenty here happy to use the death of a player to point score so it doesn't really matter if any common sense is applied.

As always, let FIFA make a determination based upon evidence provided. I know, such a difficult concept to grasp for some.

That’s fair enough, Bluey. To be honest I don’t know why you spend your time feverishly hitting F5 whilst in the Planet Swans URL in an attempt to keep fully up to date with the postings from fans of the best team in Wales. Surely you have something else better to do?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:37 - Aug 16 with 2232 viewsDarran

I'm out of this thread.

Good idea.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 08:38 - Aug 17 with 2154 viewsGowerjack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 20:55 - Aug 16 by Darran

Clubs parade a signing and then the said player takes a medical and fails it?

As someone else mentioned

"deluded at the best of times, you are also deluded at the worst of times"

Any chance of a Mod appending this to Blueys profile?

Would save a massive amount of argument on here..

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:53 - Sep 30 with 1994 viewsNeathJack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:55 - Sep 30 with 1986 viewsSwanjaxs

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:53 - Sep 30 by NeathJack

And still they will appeal you watch...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Login to get fewer ads

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:57 - Sep 30 with 1970 viewsThrasher6

Where's Bluey.....

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:57 - Sep 30 with 1966 viewsGaryjack

That was his true transfer value before his agent managed to inflate it.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:59 - Sep 30 with 1944 viewsLeonWasGod

So the transfer agreement was signed, sealed and delivered 2 days before the fatal crash. But those up the road have been saying he wasn't their player.

No really on, ist it? (Ignore it's Cardiff - same would apply to any club).
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:01 - Sep 30 with 1927 viewsSwanjaxs

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:57 - Sep 30 by Thrasher6

Where's Bluey.....

CCFCTOM... come on then you mug, what you gotta say?

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:04 - Sep 30 with 1903 viewsUxbridge

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:59 - Sep 30 by LeonWasGod

So the transfer agreement was signed, sealed and delivered 2 days before the fatal crash. But those up the road have been saying he wasn't their player.

No really on, ist it? (Ignore it's Cardiff - same would apply to any club).

I can't begin to fathom the logic with this decision. I hope there's more to it than this summary, because quite frankly Nantes have been totally stitched up here. I'd be shocked if they didn't appeal, given that FIFA have found the transfer was valid and completed.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:04 - Sep 30 with 1897 viewssherpajacob

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:01 - Sep 30 by Swanjaxs

CCFCTOM... come on then you mug, what you gotta say?

He's gonna say, "wait until the appeal"

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:07 - Sep 30 with 1880 viewsSwanjaxs

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:04 - Sep 30 by sherpajacob

He's gonna say, "wait until the appeal"

If I were Cardiff I'd worry more about a Nantes appeal being lodged

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:09 - Sep 30 with 1859 viewssherpajacob

I'm out of this thread.

looks like your back in now Bluey?

Does this mean your fans will start singing about him again?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:21 - Sep 30 with 1797 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 15:57 - Sep 30 by Thrasher6

Where's Bluey.....

Bluey is here.

Bluey has always said to let FIFA make the decision based upon the facts.

FIFA have made that decision.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:24 - Sep 30 with 1781 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:04 - Sep 30 by Uxbridge

I can't begin to fathom the logic with this decision. I hope there's more to it than this summary, because quite frankly Nantes have been totally stitched up here. I'd be shocked if they didn't appeal, given that FIFA have found the transfer was valid and completed.

How have they been "stitched up"? It's a press release, a summary.

If you read it, it states the money due is for the first installment. There's no mention of the other installments.

So it's either "Pay first installment" with the other installments being paid as per schedule

Or

"Pay first installment only".

If it's the latter, that would tend to lead itself to FIFA having found things in the transfer they really don't want to get into... so fudge it.

My money would be on the former.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:25 - Sep 30 with 1774 viewsfelixstowe_jack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:21 - Sep 30 by bluey_the_blue

Bluey is here.

Bluey has always said to let FIFA make the decision based upon the facts.

FIFA have made that decision.

So Cardiff were wrong he was always their player once they signed him.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:28 - Sep 30 with 1765 viewsSwanjaxs

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:24 - Sep 30 by bluey_the_blue

If you read it, it states the money due is for the first installment. There's no mention of the other installments.

So it's either "Pay first installment" with the other installments being paid as per schedule

Or

If it's the latter, that would tend to lead itself to FIFA having found things in the transfer they really don't want to get into... so fudge it.

So was Sala your player then... yes or no

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:28 - Sep 30 with 1765 viewsNeathJack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:28 - Sep 30 with 1760 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:25 - Sep 30 by felixstowe_jack

So Cardiff were wrong he was always their player once they signed him.

Yes and no.

Need to find the detailed rationale for the decision. If it's "pay first installment only", I'd read that as being a fudge by FIFA - I've little doubt there's a massive can of worms about the whole saga they don't want to get involved with.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:28 - Sep 30 with 1759 viewsUxbridge

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:24 - Sep 30 by bluey_the_blue

Or

The journos are saying it's neither. First installment only. Fin. No evidence or mention of issues with the transfer, in fact FIFA concluded the transfer was concluded and valid.

Nantes would surely appeal on that basis. Seems FIFA have simply split the difference, which is pretty illogical.

Edit - Just seen the latest clarification. That makes much more sense that they have to pay in full if transfer was valid.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2019 16:30]

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:29 - Sep 30 with 1758 viewsTom1912

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:04 - Sep 30 by Uxbridge

Cardiff only owe the first instalment at the moment.

I imagine if they miss the next instalment then FIFA will say the same thing again.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:30 - Sep 30 with 1745 viewsDr_Winston

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:28 - Sep 30 by Uxbridge

The journos are saying it's neither. First installment only. Fin. No evidence or mention of issues with the transfer, in fact FIFA concluded the transfer was concluded and valid.

Nantes would surely appeal on that basis. Seems FIFA have simply split the difference, which is pretty illogical.

Edit - Just seen the latest clarification. That makes much more sense that they have to pay in full if transfer was valid.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2019 16:30]

Dan Roan says otherwise. €6m is first installment. Rest due on schedule.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024