Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New twist in the Sala plane crash 14:32 - Aug 14 with 53845 viewsThrasher6

Emiliano Sala 'exposed to carbon monoxide in plane crash'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-49345186

Footballer Emiliano Sala, who died in a plane crash over the English Channel, had been exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide, a report has revealed.

Sala and pilot David Ibbotson crashed on 21 January when travelling to Cardiff from the French city of Nantes.

Toxicology tests on Sala's body showed CO levels in his blood were so great it could have caused a seizure, unconsciousness or a heart attack.

Mr Ibbotson, from Crowle, North Lincolnshire, has still not been found.

But it is likely he would also have been exposed to carbon monoxide, the Air Accidents Investigations Branch (AAIB) report said.

Geraint Herbert, head of air accidents for the AAIB, said it is believed both men were exposed to the gas before the plane crashed.

"Symptoms at low exposure levels [to carbon monoxide] can be drowsiness and dizziness, but as the exposure level increases it can lead to unconsciousness and death," he added.

"The investigation continues to look into a wide range of areas in relation to this accident, but in particular we are looking at the potential ways in which carbon monoxide can enter the cabin in this type of aircraft."
[Post edited 14 Aug 2019 14:33]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 19:53 - Sep 30 with 2114 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 19:48 - Sep 30 by Swanjaxs

Am i on your ignore list?
Ok I'll ask you for the 3rd time...

Do you now except Sala was a Cardiff City player?

Yes or No

Accept not except.

Yes, provisionally - I'd like to see the full rationale though. There's been a lack of transparency.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 20:09 - Sep 30 with 2056 viewsplasjack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 19:53 - Sep 30 by bluey_the_blue

Accept not except.

Yes, provisionally - I'd like to see the full rationale though. There's been a lack of transparency.

The lack of transparency is from your so called club, reneging on the transfer fee from the beginning and probably because of your lack of insurance for YOUR player.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 20:16 - Sep 30 with 2032 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 20:09 - Sep 30 by plasjack

The lack of transparency is from your so called club, reneging on the transfer fee from the beginning and probably because of your lack of insurance for YOUR player.

Probably lack of insurance?

That rumour spread from Anus' forum, where it was claimed someone overheard a phone call...
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 20:20 - Sep 30 with 2016 viewsDr_Winston

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 16:52 - Sep 30 by JackSomething

As much as it's great to bash Cardiff, does anyone think our owners would have paid up without complaint if it was us rather than them? I find it hard to believe they would.

If CCFC now pay up and don't appeal to CAS, then fair enough. They didn't spend a lot in the summer did they? I imagine this has been budgeted for.

The usual JS sense. It's a fairly unprecedented situation and I'd imagine that most clubs would attempt something like Cardiff have done.

Saying that, it's not most clubs in this situation. It's Cardiff. And they've been caught bang to rights trying to f*ck Nantes out of ten times the amount their head slapping tw*ts never fail to accuse us of failing to pay both times we've hit the financial skids.

Every bit of bashing they've brought on themselves.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:13 - Sep 30 with 1897 viewsTenbySwan

Serious question.

What possible grounds could cardiff have for an appeal to the court for Arbitration in Sport ?
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:16 - Sep 30 with 1886 viewsbluey_the_blue

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:13 - Sep 30 by TenbySwan

Serious question.

What possible grounds could cardiff have for an appeal to the court for Arbitration in Sport ?

Without seeing the full decision, it evidence and rationale, who knows?
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:22 - Sep 30 with 1868 viewsNeathJack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:16 - Sep 30 by bluey_the_blue

Without seeing the full decision, it evidence and rationale, who knows?

If they appeal, so much for Cardiff abiding by FIFA's decision.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:24 - Sep 30 with 1858 viewsNeath_Jack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:22 - Sep 30 by NeathJack

If they appeal, so much for Cardiff abiding by FIFA's decision.

They should sting them for court costs, and legal fees for Nantes as well.

Relegate them to league 2, and they start the season on -40 points.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:30 - Sep 30 with 1831 viewsBrynmill_Jack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:24 - Sep 30 by Neath_Jack

They should sting them for court costs, and legal fees for Nantes as well.

Relegate them to league 2, and they start the season on -40 points.

Now that’s being ridiculously harsh. -35 points surely.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:57 - Sep 30 with 1791 viewsNeath_Jack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:30 - Sep 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Now that’s being ridiculously harsh. -35 points surely.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:00 - Sep 30 with 1782 viewsNotLoyal

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 21:13 - Sep 30 by TenbySwan

Serious question.

Because they are cünts ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:32 - Sep 30 with 1699 viewsSwanjaxs

Fair play to Bluey the blue and Taffpunk for having the balls to front up on here tonight. Cardiff have been shown up to be the cùnts we all knew they were.
No doubt the other two prìcks will reappear behind a different username soon
[Post edited 30 Sep 2019 22:32]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:35 - Sep 30 with 1676 viewsGaryjack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:32 - Sep 30 by Swanjaxs

Fair play to Bluey the blue and Taffpunk for having the balls to front up on here tonight. Cardiff have been shown up to be the cùnts we all knew they were.

Bluey and taff are ok guys fair play.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:38 - Sep 30 with 1661 viewsSwanjaxs

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:35 - Sep 30 by Garyjack

Fair

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:38 - Sep 30 with 1659 viewsraynor94

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:35 - Sep 30 by Garyjack

Taff always speaks sense, be it football, music or general topics, a welcome contributor to the site

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 23:37 - Sep 30 with 1587 viewsFireboy2

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:38 - Sep 30 by raynor94

Taff always speaks sense, be it football, music or general topics, a welcome contributor to the site

Taff is ok but bluey is a cvnt, simple as.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 23:39 - Sep 30 with 1577 viewsBrynmill_Jack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 23:37 - Sep 30 by Fireboy2

Taff is ok but bluey is a cvnt, simple as.

This. With ruddy great bells on.

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 00:01 - Oct 1 with 1554 viewsHumpty

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:38 - Sep 30 by raynor94

Whereas Bluey...
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 00:34 - Oct 1 with 1517 viewsSwanjaxs

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 00:01 - Oct 1 by Humpty

Whereas Bluey...

Bumming CCFCTOM most probably! 👀

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 05:59 - Oct 1 with 1402 viewsTimTtam

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 22:32 - Sep 30 by Swanjaxs

Funny how Bluebird disappeared the second Cardiff began to fall further down the table.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 06:04 - Oct 1 with 1399 viewsTimTtam

And in general, I don't know why Cardiff are appealing/considering appealing. FIFA have literally stated the facts. They have investigated for months, and have come to a final conclusion. Any appealing from Cardiff will only damage their already sh*t reputation even further.

If you take photos of a player in a Cardiff shirt, and publish pamphlets after his death with his face on them and the caption 'BLUEBIRD', he is your player. If one of your players scores a 4th-minute goal and rushes over to hold up a Sala shirt, he is your player.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 06:16 - Oct 1 with 1391 viewsdobjack2

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 06:04 - Oct 1 by TimTtam

And in general, I don't know why Cardiff are appealing/considering appealing. FIFA have literally stated the facts. They have investigated for months, and have come to a final conclusion. Any appealing from Cardiff will only damage their already sh*t reputation even further.

If you take photos of a player in a Cardiff shirt, and publish pamphlets after his death with his face on them and the caption 'BLUEBIRD', he is your player. If one of your players scores a 4th-minute goal and rushes over to hold up a Sala shirt, he is your player.

I suspect that it is the money men trying to find a loophole to avoid paying the transfer fee rather than the football people at the club. Much as I hate Colin he has behaved as if Sala was their player in my view.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 06:29 - Oct 1 with 1377 viewsWarwickHunt

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 06:04 - Oct 1 by TimTtam

Misprint, Shirley?

‘Cardiff Are Appalling Over Sala Verdict’ was the actual headline.
New twist in the Sala plane crash on 07:10 - Oct 1 with 1345 viewsBrynmill_Jack

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 17:26 - Sep 30 by TimTtam

The right thing for Cardiff to do would have been a) cover the costs of Sala's funeral and other events after his death and b) pay the first installment to Nantes, minus the costs in a).

But of course, they are appealing.

Ffs, they just had a 35M parachute payment, and will have a 30M one next season. And they spent very little when they were in the PL. They're not strapped for cash.

I thought they only had one parachute payment after spending only one year (the usual) in the PL?
Another poster got it right - their non spend this summer shows they were budgeting for this anyway......

Which kind of makes this worse. From the outside it looks very much like Vincent and co , although agreeing and signing the transfer deal (as FIFA are intimating after Bluey swore the blind opposite) - simply couldn’t understand they had to still pay even though he was dead.

New twist in the Sala plane crash on 07:47 - Oct 1 with 1319 viewsCatullus

I think they get 2 parachute payments.

This is a car crash for them. They have behaved appallingly, worse than any accusations they level at us. At least in our CVA's we tried to pay something. They have the money and are trying hard to pay nothing. Our combined debts were hardly more than 10% of what they owe.
There is no moral high ground for them, there is nothing good in this. Other fans will remember this for years to come.
It might be true that we would do the same thing but unless or until it happens it's just supposition.
Cardiff should be ashamed of themselves but I'd bet they'll be doubling down on this and appealing. I do agree this will be the money men talking and the players, coaches and Warnock will most probably (in private) be upset and ashamed.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024