Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday 15:08 - Aug 14 with 6010 viewsSTID2017

IMO we'd rip Preston apart.
If we kept playing them both this season we would have a brilliant forward line at this level.
COYS

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 15:14 - Aug 14 with 4109 viewsjasper_T

Poaches two against a poor League Two side's second string and suddenly he's going to fire us back into the Premier League. Got to love the optimism (and short memories).
If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 15:14 - Aug 14 with 4104 viewsSwansea93

We've got alot of good attacking players, hard to pick a team.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 15:24 - Aug 14 with 4052 viewsTom1912

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 15:14 - Aug 14 by jasper_T

Poaches two against a poor League Two side's second string and suddenly he's going to fire us back into the Premier League. Got to love the optimism (and short memories).

It's not a huge leap to think if his attitude is right he'll be a real asset in the Championship. He's easily good enough for the PL and he looked really up for it last night so the signs are positive. Obviously he might not even be here in September but there's nothing wrong being optimistic of our prospects with him and Baston in the team up front
If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 15:26 - Aug 14 with 4042 viewskrunchykarrot

i would keep him as far away from our youngsters as possible, give him away if we can.
If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 16:25 - Aug 14 with 3870 viewsandypitt56

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 15:26 - Aug 14 by krunchykarrot

i would keep him as far away from our youngsters as possible, give him away if we can.

Why? From what potter said last year and Cooper is saying this year he has been quite professional...
If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 16:29 - Aug 14 with 3842 viewsMrSwerve

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 16:25 - Aug 14 by andypitt56

Why? From what potter said last year and Cooper is saying this year he has been quite professional...

Because he’s a terrible influence and is enticing all of the youngsters to leave innit, or something.

Ayew should be one of the first names on the team sheet if he’s our player and there’s no interest in him. I’ve no doubt he’ll work his socks off on the pitch (it’s in his interest to, if he wants to leave).

I don’t buy all this ‘he’s a bad egg’ stuff. Yes he wants to be playing at a higher level and let’s be honest he probably should be. Right now though he’s our player and let’s get him involved as much as we can.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 16:33 - Aug 14 with 3815 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 16:29 - Aug 14 by MrSwerve

Because he’s a terrible influence and is enticing all of the youngsters to leave innit, or something.

Ayew should be one of the first names on the team sheet if he’s our player and there’s no interest in him. I’ve no doubt he’ll work his socks off on the pitch (it’s in his interest to, if he wants to leave).

I don’t buy all this ‘he’s a bad egg’ stuff. Yes he wants to be playing at a higher level and let’s be honest he probably should be. Right now though he’s our player and let’s get him involved as much as we can.

Leon and Curt should know the score with this fella.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 17:01 - Aug 14 with 3737 viewsthornabyswan

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 16:33 - Aug 14 by JACKMANANDBOY

Jenkins offered the stupid contract can't blame Ayew for signing it.

Not seen anything anywhere that he has been disruptive.
Apart from made up stuff on here.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Login to get fewer ads

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 17:06 - Aug 14 with 3709 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 16:33 - Aug 14 by JACKMANANDBOY

Leon knows all about engineering a move away when he doesn't want to play for Swansea City anymore.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 17:13 - Aug 14 with 3686 viewsjacabertawe

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 17:06 - Aug 14 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Leon knows all about engineering a move away when he doesn't want to play for Swansea City anymore.

Oh, do put a sock in it.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 18:12 - Aug 14 with 3519 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 17:06 - Aug 14 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

You forgot Curtis going to Leeds, you can't be half cynical either you are or you are not.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 18:27 - Aug 14 with 3444 viewsFireboy2

Dont rise to the plastic manure pr!ck.
If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 18:29 - Aug 14 with 3438 viewsGroo

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 15:14 - Aug 14 by jasper_T

If its as easy as that, why didn't every Championship team put at least 10 against lower league teams?

Groo does what Groo does best

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 18:32 - Aug 14 with 3427 viewsFireboy2

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 18:29 - Aug 14 by Groo

If its as easy as that, why didn't every Championship team put at least 10 against lower league teams?

Ha Ha nice one.
If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 18:38 - Aug 14 with 3408 viewsthornabyswan

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 18:32 - Aug 14 by Fireboy2

Ha Ha nice one.

Reports linking 2 Spanish clubs with a move for Baston

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 18:53 - Aug 14 with 3366 viewsOnelessstar

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 16:29 - Aug 14 by MrSwerve

Sorry for the downvote... slip of the thumb. I agree... he should be a massive help while he remains with Swansea.

Poll: How long before a Swansea City fan can consider themselves a "Jack"?

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 19:26 - Aug 14 with 3313 viewsjack247

I’m possibly being overly negative here, but I really don’t get the Borja love in. He’s done ok in our opening two league games, but hasn’t looked head and shoulders above by any means. Don’t get me wrong, he’s decent, but I don’t see him ripping the Championship to bits.

Be great if he proves me wrong, I don’t think he’s got 20 goals in him.
If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 22:42 - Aug 14 with 3049 viewsSmellyplumz

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 19:26 - Aug 14 by jack247

I’m possibly being overly negative here, but I really don’t get the Borja love in. He’s done ok in our opening two league games, but hasn’t looked head and shoulders above by any means. Don’t get me wrong, he’s decent, but I don’t see him ripping the Championship to bits.

Two games mind.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 22:49 - Aug 14 with 3017 viewsLuther27

He looked good when he loinked with Ollie. Against Atalanta they clicked. Looked a very decent partnership for twenty minutes or so. Then we sold Ollie.
I think Ayew is a very intelligent player who could make the same type of partnership with Borja.
Will we keep both...well...over to you Birch.
If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 22:49 - Aug 14 with 3018 viewsBadlands

He needs a player alongside him, especially if they have a more mobile style, as was shown when he partnered McBurnie.
Routledge or Ayew would be excellent but not Surridge.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 22:58 - Aug 14 with 2984 viewsjack247

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 22:42 - Aug 14 by Smellyplumz

Two games mind.

Two games seems to be enough for some of our fans to declare he’s going to ‘rip the Championship apart’.

This is despite him scoring seven goals in the last three seasons, albeit in the PL/la liga, and not standing out in those two games. I hope they are right, but they are seeing something I’m not.
If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 23:38 - Aug 14 with 2881 viewsCooperDBM

I've always liked Ayew's fight in front of the net, scoring on second and third efforts. A risk with him is if he isn't centre forward then he'll play there anyway. I remember him competing with Gomis for headers from the same spot. He's proven to be a great impact sub but not sure how he fits otherwise.
If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 05:17 - Aug 15 with 2747 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 22:58 - Aug 14 by jack247

Two games seems to be enough for some of our fans to declare he’s going to ‘rip the Championship apart’.

This is despite him scoring seven goals in the last three seasons, albeit in the PL/la liga, and not standing out in those two games. I hope they are right, but they are seeing something I’m not.

In fairness, that’s not what was said by the OP. He said if we keep both Baston and Ayew we’d have a forward line who would rip Preston apart. I happen to agree, have you forgotten just how average the championship is?

I not sure where you lost your optimism but come on, with our current crop of players promotion isn’t a certainty but it’s more than possible.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 07:42 - Aug 15 with 2668 viewsCaptain_Sham

We didn't accept "any sort of offer" for McBurnie and we didn't accept " any sort of offer " for James.

Its just a ride.

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 13:50 - Aug 15 with 2464 viewsjack247

If Borja and Ayew both Started Saturday on 05:17 - Aug 15 by Brynmill_Jack

In fairness, that’s not what was said by the OP. He said if we keep both Baston and Ayew we’d have a forward line who would rip Preston apart. I happen to agree, have you forgotten just how average the championship is?

I not sure where you lost your optimism but come on, with our current crop of players promotion isn’t a certainty but it’s more than possible.

It wasn’t a direct reply to the op, it could have gone on any of the Baston threads really.

I want him to do well same as anyone else does, I just don’t see anything to suggest he’ll rip the Championship apart/score 20 goals/etc.

If anyone can explain exactly what they’ve seen in him to suggest he will, I’d be interested to hear their opinion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024