Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Asoro gone to FC Groningen 16:26 - Aug 15 with 7323 viewsNeathJack

Presumably a loan

Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 21:50 - Aug 15 with 1967 viewsChief

Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 19:01 - Aug 15 by Badlands

He hasn't started his career this week, has he?

So what was it about the 23 goals in 81 matches from the wing for his unfancied team last season that didn't impress you?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 21:54 - Aug 15 with 1960 viewslonglostjack

Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 19:08 - Aug 15 by thornabyswan

They were not good enough regardless Garrick and James were better.

Nordfelt should have been shipped out to Garden Village long ago.

I agree. Potter’s decision to rotate goalkeepers was an odd one.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 23:43 - Aug 15 with 1867 viewshobo

Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 19:33 - Aug 15 by Swansea93

Shame because he's still very young, I remember the Sunderland fans going mad with their chairman for selling him for 2M.

You don't know what the agreed potential fee is
Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 06:32 - Aug 16 with 1741 viewsDr_Winston

Cooper has chosen Nordfelt ahead of Mulder on the bench and in the team so far this season. So it would appear that he's more likely to stick around than EM as things stand.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 07:17 - Aug 16 with 1697 viewsFireboy2

Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 06:32 - Aug 16 by Dr_Winston

Cooper has chosen Nordfelt ahead of Mulder on the bench and in the team so far this season. So it would appear that he's more likely to stick around than EM as things stand.

Well Doc, i dont think cooper has seen nordfeldt being troubled yet, it wont be long before he sees that atm mulder should be back up to woodman.
Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 07:47 - Aug 16 with 1650 views34dfgdf54

Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 07:17 - Aug 16 by Fireboy2

Well Doc, i dont think cooper has seen nordfeldt being troubled yet, it wont be long before he sees that atm mulder should be back up to woodman.

This love in people have for Mulder on here is strange, very strange.

Like I keep saying, two managers and an international goalkeeping coach has trained/watched him play, both decided in the end Nordfelt was the better option. I agree, and trust their judgement.
Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 07:53 - Aug 16 with 1651 viewsDr_Winston

Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 07:17 - Aug 16 by Fireboy2

Cooper has seen Nordfelt in training dozens of times, and no doubt has watched video of most of our games.

It's a trifle arrogant to suggest that he's not well aware of his keepers various strengths/weaknesses whilst supporters on an internet messageboard know better.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 08:05 - Aug 16 with 1630 viewskarnataka

Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 07:53 - Aug 16 by Dr_Winston

Cooper has seen Nordfelt in training dozens of times, and no doubt has watched video of most of our games.

It's a trifle arrogant to suggest that he's not well aware of his keepers various strengths/weaknesses whilst supporters on an internet messageboard know better.

Nothing new there then.
Login to get fewer ads

Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 08:10 - Aug 16 with 1616 viewsGaz_M

Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 20:02 - Aug 15 by jasper_T

"Apart from" haha yeah.

Give it a rest pal. This is getting very, very tedious.
Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 08:48 - Aug 16 with 1579 viewsDr_Winston

Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 08:05 - Aug 16 by karnataka

Nothing new there then.

Particularly when almost his first act was to bring in a new keeper.

Cooper knows what he has to work with and seems to prefer KN. As did Potter before him. I don't mind Mulder, but there's never been much between them. Both pretty good shot stoppers, Mulder better under the high ball, Nordfelt better with the ball at his feet.

Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 13:02 - Aug 16 with 1406 viewsFireboy2

Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 07:53 - Aug 16 by Dr_Winston

Its all good and well in training and friendlies against lower league opponents but even a layman like myself who btw isnt arrogant know well enough how bad he was last season as i watched him enough.

And i suspect he wont have improved.
Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 13:03 - Aug 16 with 1405 viewsPhil_S

Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 18:56 - Aug 15 by Badlands

I'd have loaned McKay and Peterson ahead of Astro.

Nothing like giving a player a chance (Petersen) - remind us again how much you have seen of him to make that judgement,

And there was me thinking you were a proper fan and all that...
Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 13:30 - Aug 16 with 1354 viewsGaz_M

Attention seeking again
Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 13:33 - Aug 16 with 1358 viewsUxbridge

I expect Jordan Garrick was the death knell of Asoro making the cut this season.

Good luck to him. Hopefully regains his confidence which has been shot to bits, and may even come back an asset. Good news all round.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 14:10 - Aug 16 with 1304 viewsraynor94

Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 13:30 - Aug 16 by Gaz_M

Attention seeking again

It's getting tiresome with him

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 15:20 - Aug 16 with 1247 viewsDr_Winston

Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 13:02 - Aug 16 by Fireboy2

Its all good and well in training and friendlies against lower league opponents but even a layman like myself who btw isnt arrogant know well enough how bad he was last season as i watched him enough.

And i suspect he wont have improved.

And you think Cooper hasn't watched him? You don't think he's pored over hours of video footage? You don't think he's discussed the keeper situation with people like Curt and Britton?

I have no doubt that all of that has happened, and he's still picked Nordfelt in preference to Mulder.

Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 15:28 - Aug 16 with 1236 viewsjasper_T

Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 15:20 - Aug 16 by Dr_Winston

And you think Cooper hasn't watched him? You don't think he's pored over hours of video footage? You don't think he's discussed the keeper situation with people like Curt and Britton?

I have no doubt that all of that has happened, and he's still picked Nordfelt in preference to Mulder.

Cooper out.
Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 15:46 - Aug 16 with 1213 viewsFireboy2

Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 15:20 - Aug 16 by Dr_Winston

I do get where you are coming from but imo its a strange decision.
Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 18:28 - Aug 16 with 1132 viewsDr_Winston

Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 15:46 - Aug 16 by Fireboy2

Not really. We've got two average at best keepers. Cooper's taken one look at them and brought someone else straight in.

In the meantime he's using the one who's skillset best suits the way he wants the team to play as first reserve.

Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 19:59 - Aug 16 with 1099 viewsFireboy2

Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 18:28 - Aug 16 by Dr_Winston

Not really. We've got two average at best keepers. Cooper's taken one look at them and brought someone else straight in.

In the meantime he's using the one who's skillset best suits the way he wants the team to play as first reserve.

Not really from me either, after watching both last season IMHO mulder is better.

But thats my opinion.
Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 22:19 - Aug 16 with 1044 views34dfgdf54

Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 15:46 - Aug 16 by Fireboy2

Nah it’s not, it’s common sense.

Two average keepers, Nordfelt slightly better but still needed strengthening.

In my opinion (also Coopers, Margetson and Potters by the looks)
[Post edited 16 Aug 2019 22:28]
Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 22:26 - Aug 16 with 1040 viewsBadlands

Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 13:33 - Aug 16 by Uxbridge

I expect Jordan Garrick was the death knell of Asoro making the cut this season.

Good luck to him. Hopefully regains his confidence which has been shot to bits, and may even come back an asset. Good news all round.

Hope not - don't get me wrong I think Garrick offers a lot bu he's not set the under23s alight. What I have seen of him he's good in short bursts but often tries too much.
Development needed.
Also with Baston and Ayew possibly off we could be left with Surridge as the only centre forward.
Asoro wasn't really given much game time either.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 22:47 - Aug 16 with 1026 viewsNeathJack

Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 22:26 - Aug 16 by Badlands

Hope not - don't get me wrong I think Garrick offers a lot bu he's not set the under23s alight. What I have seen of him he's good in short bursts but often tries too much.
Development needed.
Also with Baston and Ayew possibly off we could be left with Surridge as the only centre forward.
Asoro wasn't really given much game time either.

Thanks. You're football opinion is much valued.
Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 22:53 - Aug 16 with 1015 viewsjruss1

The first thing Cooper said in his debut interview was he had seen half the games from last season already and would soon see them all. Dont think he even needed pre-season to make some of these calls.
Asoro gone to FC Groningen on 23:06 - Aug 16 with 996 viewsGaryjack

Loan Peterson? We've only just signed him ffs!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024