Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Murder of a policeman last night 14:21 - Aug 16 with 10017 viewsraynor94

Absolutely shocking, more so that 10 males aged from 13-30, have been arrested.

On top of all the recent stabbings, what on earth is this Country coming too

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Murder of a policeman last night on 21:53 - Aug 18 with 2050 viewsSwanjaxs

Murder of a policeman last night on 21:49 - Aug 18 by Fireboy2

There was less bother on the streets in those days.

No fvcking knives, just a bit of fistycuffs and when someone went down more often than not you never went into kick them om the floor.

Absolutely mate, times have changed for the worse and will continue to deteriorate, the police in this country will be routinely armed sooner rather than later mark my words

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Murder of a policeman last night on 21:58 - Aug 18 with 2043 viewsFireboy2

Murder of a policeman last night on 21:53 - Aug 18 by Swanjaxs

Absolutely mate, times have changed for the worse and will continue to deteriorate, the police in this country will be routinely armed sooner rather than later mark my words

Even though its wrong you are probably correct jax.

We are not far behind the US in everything.
Murder of a policeman last night on 22:30 - Aug 18 with 2018 viewscontroversial_jack

Murder of a policeman last night on 21:49 - Aug 18 by Fireboy2

There was less bother on the streets in those days.

No fvcking knives, just a bit of fistycuffs and when someone went down more often than not you never went into kick them om the floor.

There were punch ups every weekend in the 70s and 80s, and putting the boot in was normal.
Murder of a policeman last night on 07:17 - Aug 19 with 1957 viewsCooperman

Murder of a policeman last night on 17:36 - Aug 18 by controversial_jack

It would have to be suspicion of a certain offence.Suspicion in itself is not enough, but we will find out soon enough, but I bet 10 won't be charged

Are you valleyboy?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Murder of a policeman last night on 11:06 - Aug 19 with 1911 viewsbryncochjack

Police given another 24 hour extension to question 10 people. Hopefully building up sufficient evidence to nail the guilty ones.
Murder of a policeman last night on 22:47 - Aug 19 with 1826 viewsraynor94

20 year old from Reading, charged with murder and theft of a quad, the rest released on bail

Murder of a policeman last night on 23:38 - Aug 19 with 1797 viewsNotLoyal

Murder of a policeman last night on 16:44 - Aug 18 by controversial_jack

They really do need solid evidence of who was involved if they are going to arrest 10 people.Just because they were there at the time doesn't apportion guilt unless it was planned, which is very doubtful.

I'm leaving this one out to the coppers on here. Or people who know.
What I can say CJ is that no evidence is needed to arrest, I'm thinking you are confusing grounds to arrest with evidence to charge.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Murder of a policeman last night on 03:23 - Aug 20 with 1753 viewsCooperman

Murder of a policeman last night on 23:38 - Aug 19 by NotLoyal

What I can say CJ is that no evidence is needed to arrest, I'm thinking you are confusing grounds to arrest with evidence to charge.

You're right and he's confused.

Login to get fewer ads

Murder of a policeman last night on 06:43 - Aug 20 with 1714 viewsPacemaker

Murder of a policeman last night on 23:38 - Aug 19 by NotLoyal

CJ knows nothing of the law but as a Freeman of the land thinks he does, he believes the DVLA owns your car and we are all pawns in a state run by goblins from another planet.

You are correct that you only need to suspect someone of an offence to arrest but to charge that suspect with an offence the police have to provide sufficient evidence to the CPS ( who are independent of the police) to show that the evidence passes their threshold test. Which that there is a more than 80% chance of conviction.

The police would have been struggling to provide enough evidence in this time frame for all ten suspects. I would imagine that they have concentrated on the main suspect and then bailed the others for evidence to be collated for any other offences committed by any of the others.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Murder of a policeman last night on 11:30 - Aug 21 with 1577 viewscontroversial_jack

Murder of a policeman last night on 06:43 - Aug 20 by Pacemaker

CJ knows nothing of the law but as a Freeman of the land thinks he does, he believes the DVLA owns your car and we are all pawns in a state run by goblins from another planet.

You are correct that you only need to suspect someone of an offence to arrest but to charge that suspect with an offence the police have to provide sufficient evidence to the CPS ( who are independent of the police) to show that the evidence passes their threshold test. Which that there is a more than 80% chance of conviction.

The police would have been struggling to provide enough evidence in this time frame for all ten suspects. I would imagine that they have concentrated on the main suspect and then bailed the others for evidence to be collated for any other offences committed by any of the others.

Which is what i said
Murder of a policeman last night on 00:29 - Aug 22 with 1478 viewsNotLoyal

Murder of a policeman last night on 11:30 - Aug 21 by controversial_jack

Which is what i said

Or not.

OK I've changed it.

Murder of a policeman last night on 18:49 - Sep 18 with 1300 viewsbryncochjack

Murder of a policeman last night on 06:43 - Aug 20 by Pacemaker

Three charged so far despite CJ's bluster
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-49746155
Murder of a policeman last night on 21:45 - Sep 18 with 1224 viewsCatullus

Murder of a policeman last night on 18:12 - Aug 16 by majorraglan

Take 20,000 cops off the street, release more offenders from prison earlier on tag etc, make sweeping changes to the probation system so that it becomes a shambles.....

On top of that, in some places the fabric of society is breaking down, gangs are taking over, kids with limited prospects are seeing gangsters and drug dealers making big money and want a piece of the action as they see its their only way to make money etc. There’s quite a few contributory factors and blame can be laid at lots of doors, but Cameron and May are responsible for quite a bit of this.

Indeed, May tried to claim the 20,00 cut in officers wasn't to blame but we all reckon different eh. On top of which she was a bl00dy useless Home secretary and en even worse PM.
It might be posturing from Bojo but putting more police back on the streets can't be a bad thing.
The county lines gangs, the criminals among the traveller communities, they need getting control of.
Then of course the terrorist threat, in Northern Ireland the "New IRA" is accused of planning to kill the police there, of planting viable explosive devices.
Meanwhile Soldier F is up in court for 2 murders and 5 attempted murders but dozens of murdering IRA members are walking around with a letter of immunity from Blair.

To my mind, anyone who attacks an emergency services worker (any emergency service) should face a minimum 5 years and killing one should merit 30 years, both with no chance of parole. Just call me Jeffries.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Murder of a policeman last night on 23:04 - Sep 18 with 1194 viewsDJack

Murder of a policeman last night on 21:45 - Sep 18 by Catullus

Indeed, May tried to claim the 20,00 cut in officers wasn't to blame but we all reckon different eh. On top of which she was a bl00dy useless Home secretary and en even worse PM.
It might be posturing from Bojo but putting more police back on the streets can't be a bad thing.
The county lines gangs, the criminals among the traveller communities, they need getting control of.
Then of course the terrorist threat, in Northern Ireland the "New IRA" is accused of planning to kill the police there, of planting viable explosive devices.
Meanwhile Soldier F is up in court for 2 murders and 5 attempted murders but dozens of murdering IRA members are walking around with a letter of immunity from Blair.

To my mind, anyone who attacks an emergency services worker (any emergency service) should face a minimum 5 years and killing one should merit 30 years, both with no chance of parole. Just call me Jeffries.

You make some good points but I must say that:

Soldier F must face trial...and then it should be decided if it his him or his superiors responsible for any issue discovered. (The issue with Blair and some of the "pardons" is a separete issue). This thinking is based upon how the law stands now, it might be shit but we must allow the judges to execute their role and pass judgement... hopefully a couple of ex-ministers and/or very senior military get brought to accout (unlikely but a lovely thought).

"County lines gangs" are as much a societal issue as they are a policing issue but our problem is that conservatives (both small and capital c) have a dogmatic viewpoint that refuses to see this.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Murder of a policeman last night on 06:03 - Sep 19 with 1139 viewsCooperman

Murder of a policeman last night on 18:49 - Sep 18 by bryncochjack

Three charged so far despite CJ's bluster
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-49746155

You will have to forgive CJ as he has absolutely zero grasp on how the process works.

Murder of a policeman last night on 09:04 - Sep 19 with 1093 viewsperchrockjack

Ah,our beloved travellers.Give our country nothing but take all in front of them.

Scum who literally feed off old and disabled people right in our midgst ,then cry when they get caught and have an army of legal leeches eager to give them of their very best.

How does that feel sirjohnalot?

Crime is a war where one side (plod) have rules and the criminals (scum) don't BUT we have to stick to the rules and by "we" I mean us all;they do not. They take the piss.Everytime.

Things need to change.

They won't

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Murder of a policeman last night on 16:12 - Sep 19 with 1045 viewsraynor94

Jed Foster has now been released, his case has been discounted after further investigation

Murder of a policeman last night on 18:56 - Sep 19 with 1017 viewsperchrockjack

Ah bejesus that s great.
Jed will out out tonight thieving from us all

Murder of a policeman last night on 21:29 - Sep 19 with 990 viewsCatullus

Murder of a policeman last night on 23:04 - Sep 18 by DJack

You make some good points but I must say that:

Soldier F must face trial...and then it should be decided if it his him or his superiors responsible for any issue discovered. (The issue with Blair and some of the "pardons" is a separete issue). This thinking is based upon how the law stands now, it might be shit but we must allow the judges to execute their role and pass judgement... hopefully a couple of ex-ministers and/or very senior military get brought to accout (unlikely but a lovely thought).

"County lines gangs" are as much a societal issue as they are a policing issue but our problem is that conservatives (both small and capital c) have a dogmatic viewpoint that refuses to see this.

Oh I agree that Soldier F should face trial but what's good for a soldier should also be good for a terrorist.
Whay did Blairs immunity letters prove, maybe that terrorism does work? And even then, the new IRA is sactive and trying to murder PSNI officers. All this talk of the backstop being needed to prevent the troubles restarting, what is it exactly when an group called the IRA are plamting bombs?

The law should apply to everyone equally. We know that it doesn't and we all too easily accept it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Murder of a policeman last night on 21:30 - Sep 19 with 988 viewsperchrockjack

Cat.

You hit the nail on the head.

Murder of a policeman last night on 09:46 - Sep 22 with 914 viewsSwanDownUnder

non police are murdered every day.
Murder of a policeman last night on 10:14 - Sep 22 with 882 viewsNotLoyal

Murder of a policeman last night on 09:46 - Sep 22 by SwanDownUnder

non police are murdered every day.

And non policemen are put out the public's way by policemen.

OK I've changed it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024