Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sol Campbell walks away from Macclesfield 09:46 - Aug 17 with 1550 viewsNotLoyal

They haven't paid him for three months.
If you had a net worth of 55million made from football would you not consider ' giving something back'

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Sol Campbell walks away from Macclesfield on 10:23 - Aug 17 with 1479 viewsMrSwerve

Don’t blame him for not working for nothing.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Sol Campbell walks away from Macclesfield on 10:32 - Aug 17 with 1451 viewsCooperman

If I had £55m in the bank I wouldn’t be working full stop. I’m not one of these people that needs a work related challenge to get me out of bed in the morning and I could quite happily spend both my years and my money touring the world. Each to their own though.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Sol Campbell walks away from Macclesfield on 10:43 - Aug 17 with 1416 viewsFireboy2

Hes a tory so fvck him.
Sol Campbell walks away from Macclesfield on 10:54 - Aug 17 with 1383 viewsWarwickHunt

Sol Campbell walks away from Macclesfield on 10:32 - Aug 17 by Cooperman

If I had £55m in the bank I wouldn’t be working full stop. I’m not one of these people that needs a work related challenge to get me out of bed in the morning and I could quite happily spend both my years and my money touring the world. Each to their own though.

I remember a Scottish guy who had a big pools win back in the day

Interviewer: What about all the begging letters?

Scottish guy: I’ll keep sending ‘em.
Sol Campbell walks away from Macclesfield on 11:08 - Aug 17 with 1357 viewsDr_Winston

Would depend entirely on the circumstances behind it. If they'd promised to pay me repeatedly then failed to do so then I'd walk on general principle. If they'd been honest and admitted they were struggling I'd probably stay put.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sol Campbell walks away from Macclesfield on 15:02 - Aug 17 with 1062 viewsABERSWAN

He might be loaded, but his players were not being paid either. Would be tough to inspire them, when mortgages were not being paid for the last few months. If he walked, maybe the owner might finally sell up and save the club from extinction.
Sol Campbell walks away from Macclesfield on 15:47 - Aug 17 with 1006 viewsGroo

I believe the players were finally paid, at least some of what they owed. The management were not.

With no prospect of being paid I don't blame him.

Groo does what Groo does best

Sol Campbell walks away from Macclesfield on 16:34 - Aug 17 with 958 viewsicecoldjack

He’s got 55m because he isn’t a mug, No pay no stay. Simple.
Login to get fewer ads

Sol Campbell walks away from Macclesfield on 17:44 - Aug 17 with 898 viewsNotLoyal

Its a shame not many support the idea of giving something back'.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Sol Campbell walks away from Macclesfield on 20:06 - Aug 17 with 810 viewsGroo

Sol Campbell walks away from Macclesfield on 17:44 - Aug 17 by NotLoyal

Its a shame not many support the idea of giving something back'.

Not many support the idea of an unscrupulous owner taking advantage of someone's good nature.

The owner there has no plan to invest, he's the type who would quite willingly fold the club to make money on the land.

Sol Campbell walks away from Macclesfield on 20:48 - Aug 17 with 757 viewsswanjackal

Sol Campbell walks away from Macclesfield on 10:32 - Aug 17 by Cooperman

If I had £55 million in the bank, people would probably be reading my obituary from heart failure, either from the shock of having £55 million in the bank in the first place, or from the hookers and drugs from the aftermath.

I commend him for lasting 3 months without pay, I would have probably left before that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Sol Campbell walks away from Macclesfield on 20:56 - Aug 17 with 741 viewsDarran

I don’t know him personally but he doesn’t come across as a very nice chap.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Sol Campbell walks away from Macclesfield on 21:59 - Aug 17 with 678 viewsGlyn1

Also wasn't paid his expenses. Also was promised a better contract if he kept them up, which he did and the owner went back on his word. How could anyone stay in that situation.

I think he's gone up in most people's estimation.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Sol Campbell walks away from Macclesfield on 23:21 - Aug 17 with 600 viewsdickythorpe

Nobody does anything for nothing these days.
Sol Campbell walks away from Macclesfield on 23:24 - Aug 17 with 593 viewsGroo

I'm wondering if all rich people should work for nothing.

What should the threshold be set at? 50 million?

Once you reach that you work for nothing.

Sol Campbell walks away from Macclesfield on 23:25 - Aug 17 with 593 viewsJacket

Owes nothing to Macclesfield so why should be work for there for nothing?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024