Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chairmans notes..... 13:00 - Aug 17 with 3284 viewsswan65split

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/chairmans-notes-preston

P.S.....
Chairmans notes..... on 13:24 - Aug 17 with 3195 viewsTummer_from_Texas

"It was great to see the reception (Ayew) received on Tuesday evening and although I’m not sure what the next couple of weeks hold for him I’m sure we would all be happy if he were still here scoring more goals for us this season."

Sounds like they are more than willing to send him off, unfortunately.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Chairmans notes..... on 13:28 - Aug 17 with 3171 viewswestwalesed

Chairmans notes..... on 13:24 - Aug 17 by Tummer_from_Texas

"It was great to see the reception (Ayew) received on Tuesday evening and although I’m not sure what the next couple of weeks hold for him I’m sure we would all be happy if he were still here scoring more goals for us this season."

I thought the same, lukewarm at best.

Still if we are paying him he should be an integral part of the squad.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Chairmans notes..... on 14:06 - Aug 17 with 3075 viewsyescomeon

Chairmans notes..... on 13:28 - Aug 17 by westwalesed

I thought the same, lukewarm at best.

Still if we are paying him he should be an integral part of the squad.

No doubt with the right frame of mind Ayew could do well in this division. Wouldn't be gutted to see him go and don't think we'd miss him.

Upthecity!

Chairmans notes..... on 14:10 - Aug 17 with 3060 viewsswanjackal

I must be reading something different, don't see anything wrong with the statement. If it is the Ayew thing, then I would be stunned if the club, in its current financial position, wouldn't be willing to listen to offers to unload a player potentially on up to £80k a week to try and shift them from the wage bill.

I don't know the ins and outs of the money owed to the owners, and what the situation is via loan and interest rates, but that aside, having someone on £20k plus a week (and that is extreme) in the squad, in the league we are in, with the size of our club is asking for financial issues. It may be painful for fansto accept, but for me Birch is doing a thankless necessary job after mismanagement of the recent years. At least he's open about it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Chairmans notes..... on 17:48 - Aug 17 with 2820 viewsNotLoyal

Top heavy as fück.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Chairmans notes..... on 17:54 - Aug 17 with 2788 viewsGaz_M

Chairmans notes..... on 17:48 - Aug 17 by NotLoyal

Top heavy as fück.

What is
Chairmans notes..... on 17:55 - Aug 17 with 2783 viewsNotLoyal

Chairmans notes..... on 17:54 - Aug 17 by Gaz_M

What is

Not your grey matter.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2019 17:55]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Chairmans notes..... on 18:18 - Aug 17 with 2686 viewsswan65split

Chairmans notes..... on 14:10 - Aug 17 by swanjackal

I must be reading something different, don't see anything wrong with the statement. If it is the Ayew thing, then I would be stunned if the club, in its current financial position, wouldn't be willing to listen to offers to unload a player potentially on up to £80k a week to try and shift them from the wage bill.

I don't know the ins and outs of the money owed to the owners, and what the situation is via loan and interest rates, but that aside, having someone on £20k plus a week (and that is extreme) in the squad, in the league we are in, with the size of our club is asking for financial issues. It may be painful for fansto accept, but for me Birch is doing a thankless necessary job after mismanagement of the recent years. At least he's open about it.

Well all know that any one of our players will be off if the price is right , that is his remit.

Footballs a dirty game and a ruthless business, but come on clever Trevor, Come on clever Trevor ,show some respect. Starting his bit should have been welcoming the opposition and fans , not

"P.S: I would like to welcome the directors, staff and players of Preston North End to the Liberty Stadium"
Login to get fewer ads

Chairmans notes..... on 18:44 - Aug 17 with 2601 viewsLuther27

Horseshite. Tell you what, if the club show no ambition regarding a top 6 finish I'm going to review my finances regarding best part of a grand in season tickets. I'll leave it to the accountants on here to make up the difference.
Chairmans notes..... on 18:50 - Aug 17 with 2568 viewsNeath_Jack

Great post.

Thread end.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Chairmans notes..... on 23:05 - Aug 17 with 2293 viewsLuther27

Chairmans notes..... on 18:50 - Aug 17 by Neath_Jack

Great post.

Thread end.

You the ref or what?
Chairmans notes..... on 15:21 - Aug 18 with 2086 viewsBadlands

Chairmans notes..... on 18:44 - Aug 17 by Luther27

Horseshite. Tell you what, if the club show no ambition regarding a top 6 finish I'm going to review my finances regarding best part of a grand in season tickets. I'll leave it to the accountants on here to make up the difference.

Spoken like a true fan.

Another way to look at this is
player A busts a gut week in week out, has an impact on the team, wants to stay at Swansea and is paid a king's ransom of £18,000 a week.
player B busts a gut week in week out, has an impact on the team, wants to leave and is paid £50,000 a week.

Hmmmn!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Chairmans notes..... on 15:36 - Aug 18 with 2045 viewsSTID2017

Chairmans notes..... on 15:21 - Aug 18 by Badlands

Spoken like a true fan.

player A busts a gut week in week out, has an impact on the team, wants to stay at Swansea and is paid a king's ransom of £18,000 a week.
player B busts a gut week in week out, has an impact on the team, wants to leave and is paid £50,000 a week.

Hmmmn!

So you know for a fact Ayew wants to leave do you ?
Also did he force the club to buy him back and pay him a hefty wage ?
If Cooper is happy he's showing the commitment and he turns in a good level of performance and gets and makes goals for us, then I for one will be happy to see him stay

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Chairmans notes..... on 15:46 - Aug 18 with 2014 viewsLuther27

Chairmans notes..... on 15:21 - Aug 18 by Badlands

Spoken like a true fan.

Hmmmn!

Perhaps I didn't fully understand Birchs comments. I'm probably mistaken in thinking he meant that not only is every player available but everything that isn't bolted down.
Chairmans notes..... on 15:50 - Aug 18 with 2009 viewsswan65split

Chairmans notes..... on 23:05 - Aug 17 by Luther27

You the ref or what?

Probably someone who thinks hes the Bees knees.
Chairmans notes..... on 19:23 - Aug 18 with 1892 viewsItchySphincter

Chairmans notes..... on 13:24 - Aug 17 by Tummer_from_Texas

For “more than willing” read ‘desperate’.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Chairmans notes..... on 20:35 - Aug 18 with 1793 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Chairmans notes..... on 19:23 - Aug 18 by ItchySphincter

For “more than willing” read ‘desperate’.

But nobody wants him, so he stays and helps us go up. In the process earning a top dollar move to China.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024