Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans TV 15:33 - Aug 17 with 6244 viewsSteensig

Disgraceful piece of sugar honey ice and tea
I have been complaining about this service for over 2 years now and its still the same bollocks every time. It doesnt let me watch the freaking game despite having paid a monthly pass. This is a disgrace and daylight robbery!
FFS
Swans TV on 10:57 - Aug 21 with 1176 viewsZaxx

Thanks both.
I guess it's lappy and HDMI cable then.
Cheers :)
Swans TV on 11:00 - Aug 21 with 1172 viewsploppy

Swans TV on 13:35 - Aug 19 by Libertarian

On the opening Saturday, I sent them an email before the game to say I couldn't log in. They replied on Monday night saying it was fixed before kick off.

For me, this Saturday's stream was good though. Apart from the picture/sound sync which was fixed following a refresh, but did gradually get worse again.

Have you complained about the sync?

swanstvlive@streamamg.com

I complain regularly. If we don't complain (and I don't mean on a forum), it won't get fixed.
Swans TV on 12:06 - Aug 21 with 1133 viewsPolskijack

Swans TV on 10:57 - Aug 21 by Zaxx

Thanks both.

Works perfectly with an Android TV box and the Swans app. I have mine connected to a projector and a very large screen in my man cave but can also watch on TV with an Android box. 😀
Swans TV on 13:24 - Aug 21 with 1093 viewsploppy

Swans TV on 12:06 - Aug 21 by Polskijack

Works perfectly with an Android TV box and the Swans app. I have mine connected to a projector and a very large screen in my man cave but can also watch on TV with an Android box. 😀

I've not got any experience with Android TV boxes. Is that a box (?) running Android (?) that you've installed the Swans app on? How is the Android box connected to the TV/projector?
Swans TV on 13:58 - Aug 21 with 1069 viewsPolskijack

Swans TV on 13:24 - Aug 21 by ploppy

I've not got any experience with Android TV boxes. Is that a box (?) running Android (?) that you've installed the Swans app on? How is the Android box connected to the TV/projector?

They are small boxes that run Android and you can load any Android app that you'd put on a phone, including browsers, Spotify etc. They have a remote control (although it's best to upgrade these to one with a keyboard). The boxes start at about 25 pounds. You connect them to your tv or projector with a HDMI cable.

Add your Swans app and you're ready to go.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 14:00]
Swans TV on 13:58 - Aug 21 with 1068 viewskarnataka

Swans TV on 10:00 - Aug 18 by jackrabbit

It’s difficult to find a good stream in this division compared to being in the Premier League. I have an iptv subscription and yesterday tuned in to the Preston iFollow stream. Apart from the obvious, mildly irritating, but perfectly understandable Preston bias in the commentary, the much more irritating aspect was the jerky, inconsistent vision and sound. You don’t notice the lack of sync between sound and vision until you see a player interviewed at the end, then you realise it’s miles out! Still it’s better than nothing and yesterday I saw the whole game without interruption. The stream improved as the game went on and I was grateful for it. Swans come to my neck of the woods on Wednesday and i’ll give the streaming a rest and actually attend at Loftus Road. We London-based fans are spoiled this season with extra days out at Fulham and Luton to come, as well as the usual locations, QPR, Reading, Brentford and the rest.

Charlton got promoted too.
Swans TV on 14:47 - Aug 21 with 1041 viewsploppy

Swans TV on 13:58 - Aug 21 by Polskijack

They are small boxes that run Android and you can load any Android app that you'd put on a phone, including browsers, Spotify etc. They have a remote control (although it's best to upgrade these to one with a keyboard). The boxes start at about 25 pounds. You connect them to your tv or projector with a HDMI cable.

Add your Swans app and you're ready to go.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 14:00]

OK, ta. Interesting that in the FAQs it specifically prohibits i.e. mentions by name, Apple TV and Chromecast, but doesn't say anything about Android TV boxes.

You cannot watch via a mobile device, unless it is through Swans App, due to EFL rules. It is also not available on AppleTV, Chromecast or any other big screen streaming devices also due to EFL rules.

I presume that in this sense the Android box is considered to be either a smartphone or tablet (and no different to connecting a laptop/desktop to a TV via HDMI). Did you have to jump through any hoops to install the app on your Android box?
Swans TV on 15:00 - Aug 21 with 1033 viewsPolskijack

Swans TV on 14:47 - Aug 21 by ploppy

OK, ta. Interesting that in the FAQs it specifically prohibits i.e. mentions by name, Apple TV and Chromecast, but doesn't say anything about Android TV boxes.

You cannot watch via a mobile device, unless it is through Swans App, due to EFL rules. It is also not available on AppleTV, Chromecast or any other big screen streaming devices also due to EFL rules.

I presume that in this sense the Android box is considered to be either a smartphone or tablet (and no different to connecting a laptop/desktop to a TV via HDMI). Did you have to jump through any hoops to install the app on your Android box?

No. Just installed from Google play.
Login to get fewer ads

Swans TV on 16:06 - Aug 21 with 982 viewsZaxx

Swans TV on 10:57 - Aug 21 by Zaxx

Thanks both.

In fact not at all.
I just tried to install the app on my laptop and it won't let me, I can only install it on my phone (which I did ages ago).
So it's either £10 to view tonight's match on my 5" phone screen or try and find some radio coverage I guess.

I have an Amazon Firestick with Kodi loaded but can't find any way to use that either.

And there's me all excited that I'd get to see the match tonight, lol.
Swans TV on 16:16 - Aug 21 with 974 viewsPolskijack

Swans TV on 16:06 - Aug 21 by Zaxx

In fact not at all.
I just tried to install the app on my laptop and it won't let me, I can only install it on my phone (which I did ages ago).
So it's either £10 to view tonight's match on my 5" phone screen or try and find some radio coverage I guess.

I have an Amazon Firestick with Kodi loaded but can't find any way to use that either.

And there's me all excited that I'd get to see the match tonight, lol.

As far as I know and from looking at the Swans tv site, you can access by going to swanseacity.com on a browser and signing in there. So you should be able to watch via a laptop and HDMI cable
Swans TV on 16:30 - Aug 21 with 966 viewsNotLoyal

Swans TV on 16:16 - Aug 21 by Polskijack

As far as I know and from looking at the Swans tv site, you can access by going to swanseacity.com on a browser and signing in there. So you should be able to watch via a laptop and HDMI cable

Mirror via your Amazon TV or firestick on to your TV screen is simple enough if I can do it.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swans TV on 16:34 - Aug 21 with 958 viewsZaxx

Thanks. I'll do that :)
Swans TV on 17:07 - Aug 21 with 926 viewsploppy

Swans TV on 16:34 - Aug 21 by Zaxx

Thanks. I'll do that :)

FYI, don't know which OS you use, but I have a MacBook Pro and have always get a decoding error with Safari (despite it being compatible allegedly - haven't tried it lately mind). Chrome works fine for me - can't vouch for Firefox.

As PolskiJack said, point your browser at live.swanseacity.com and you should find it there. The choice of audio/video is on the right of the player. And for me it always starts muted so I have to unmute (top left of the player).
Swans TV on 17:13 - Aug 21 with 920 viewsMrSwerve

Swans TV on 16:16 - Aug 21 by Polskijack

That’s the only way I ever do it.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Swans TV on 17:31 - Aug 21 with 917 viewsphact0rri

Swans TV on 10:46 - Aug 21 by Zaxx

Do Swans tv transmissions have a cast option on them so that they can be viewed on an Android tv?
Some of the pre-season matches had the option which was great, other times it hasn't been available. Watching footie on the phone is a nightmare.

So here's the thing. for replays (the matches posted after 24 hours) have a chrome link option to send to a TV. The live matchday streams have this disabled... I'm not sure why. You can just mirror the phone or chrome browser via chromecast (android tv with this built in). but for me mirroring tends to always lag.

Someone on here did mention having the swansea app on android tv. I don't have the app available for my device, but I did make up an apk to side load the app... but it apparently has touch only controls so I can't actually start the video viewer *lol*

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Swans TV on 17:57 - Aug 21 with 894 viewsploppy

Swans TV on 17:31 - Aug 21 by phact0rri

So here's the thing. for replays (the matches posted after 24 hours) have a chrome link option to send to a TV. The live matchday streams have this disabled... I'm not sure why. You can just mirror the phone or chrome browser via chromecast (android tv with this built in). but for me mirroring tends to always lag.

Someone on here did mention having the swansea app on android tv. I don't have the app available for my device, but I did make up an apk to side load the app... but it apparently has touch only controls so I can't actually start the video viewer *lol*

Casting live matches to TV is prohibited by EFL rules, which is why you can cast the replays.

Mirroring your browser window to Chromecast is different though, as I understand it. When you truly cast something to Chromecast from a Chromecast capable app on your phone, you're actually handing off the downloading of the content to the Chromecast i.e. the Chromecast itself does the downloading, and you can turn your phone off (I believe). It doesn't come to your phone first and then get sent from there to the TV. Casting the whole browser window is different - in that case it does come to your phone first and then get sent on to the TV.

Why this matters to the EFL, I'm not quite sure (unless it's something to do with being able to capture the video).

* When I say phone, could be tablet, of course.
Swans TV on 19:11 - Aug 21 with 832 viewskarnataka

Really tempted to try Swans TV again for this one but tried it last season 3 times and didn't get a single second of football to watch. Just a waste of 30 quid.
Swans TV on 19:13 - Aug 21 with 819 viewsZaxx

Swans TV on 19:11 - Aug 21 by karnataka

Really tempted to try Swans TV again for this one but tried it last season 3 times and didn't get a single second of football to watch. Just a waste of 30 quid.

It's my first try, fingers crossed.
Not active yet but hopefully it'll go live soon.
Swans TV on 19:20 - Aug 21 with 797 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swans TV on 19:13 - Aug 21 by Zaxx

It's my first try, fingers crossed.
Not active yet but hopefully it'll go live soon.

I am a Swans TV virgin as well.
Starting to worry because nothing had come up.
Glad I am not the only one

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swans TV on 19:24 - Aug 21 with 773 viewsMrSwerve

Nothing up yet, don't worry.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Swans TV on 19:25 - Aug 21 with 764 viewsNotLoyal

Nuffink

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swans TV on 19:25 - Aug 21 with 763 viewslegoman

Here in Belgium I'm getting n "oops unknown error" message. Anyone else?

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Swans TV on 19:25 - Aug 21 with 761 viewsMagic_Michu

Mine says oops an error occurred, please try again later.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Swans TV on 19:26 - Aug 21 with 744 viewsploppy

Working now.
Swans TV on 19:27 - Aug 21 with 741 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swans TV on 19:25 - Aug 21 by Magic_Michu

Mine says oops an error occurred, please try again later.

That is more than I am getting!

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024