Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm calling this now 16:34 - Aug 17 with 8586 viewsMrSwerve

The Jacks are going up.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

I'm calling this now on 19:31 - Aug 17 with 2591 viewsChief

If a Cardiff fan came on here and said the same, he'd get tightly laughed off.

Don't be silly, for your own sake.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

I'm calling this now on 20:10 - Aug 17 with 2506 viewsTim_Harry

We've got a potentially great Championship squad here. If Cooper can make the best of what he's got we can have a great season. As pointed out many times, Baston and Ayew staying is a big factor in this. Byers is starting to impress me the more I see him. A great possession player with a great end product. I've been a critic of his in the past, but we really missed him in the first half.

Today we saw the good, bad and the ugly. Well, the good and the bad. If you want the ugly you need to head east from J45! Preston had really sussed our game out and exploited a lot of weaknesses in the first half. Credit to Cooper for seeing what was wrong and what needed to be done.

From what I saw in midweek I expect some current bench players to make it into the starting line-up soon. Wilmot is a perfect centre half for us and I'd prefer Naughton on the left before Bidwell. A lot may disagree with that, but there you go!

Quick question to people who watch the U23s. What has Garrick been like in recent times? He looked great against Northampton, but when I used to watch the U23s a lot he was quick, but often like Bambi on ice, unable to stay on his feet. That was when he first broke into that side though, so I'm hoping his Tuesday performance is a better indicator of his current ability.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2019 20:12]
I'm calling this now on 20:44 - Aug 17 with 2438 viewsbuilthjack

I'm calling this now on 18:04 - Aug 17 by Glastonbury

I totally agree but we have to keep borja and ayew

This. If we let either go then the owners and Birch have no ambition whatsoever.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

I'm calling this now on 21:12 - Aug 17 with 2404 viewsTNT

I'm calling this now on 19:31 - Aug 17 by Chief

If a Cardiff fan came on here and said the same, he'd get tightly laughed off.

Don't be silly, for your own sake.

They come on here because they are sapiosexual, mun.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

I'm calling this now on 22:30 - Aug 17 with 2291 viewsAlfieMooresSon

I'm calling this now on 21:12 - Aug 17 by TNT

A good start, but it’s a long tough season and it’s not the best team that wins promotion.

It’s the best squads and Managers that gets promoted, that’s we we will start well and fade away!
I'm calling this now on 22:35 - Aug 17 with 2275 viewsSgorioFruit

I'm calling this now on 22:30 - Aug 17 by AlfieMooresSon

A good start, but it’s a long tough season and it’s not the best team that wins promotion.

It’s the best squads and Managers that gets promoted, that’s we we will start well and fade away!

Exactly this.
And we had Nordfelt and Naughton on the bench today. Far from a good squad with them there.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

I'm calling this now on 22:37 - Aug 17 with 2270 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I'm calling this now on 21:12 - Aug 17 by TNT

And sometimes delusionally over optimistic too.
I think we were worked out and didn’t have an answer (although in my opinion we should have gone long to Borja to negate their threat) and it was a miracle we went in on level terms (should have been 0-2 ).
Second half and silly penalty aside we could have scored 4 or 5.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

I'm calling this now on 21:40 - Aug 21 with 2076 viewsMrSwerve

Bump.

Login to get fewer ads

I'm calling this now on 22:30 - Aug 21 with 1857 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Hard to believe our squad looks as strong as it does

Credit to the academy, will feel good having a team competing at the top of the league with a number of youngsters who have played for our under 23’s

Feel more attached to this team than all the mercenaries in our latter years in the premiership

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

I'm calling this now on 22:32 - Aug 21 with 1845 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I'm calling this now on 22:30 - Aug 21 by PatchesOHoulihan

Credit to the academy, will feel good having a team competing at the top of the league with a number of youngsters who have played for our under 23’s

Feel more attached to this team than all the mercenaries in our latter years in the premiership

The scenes at the end were those of a team, management and fans in total unity. Fabulous

I'm calling this now on 07:59 - Aug 22 with 1613 viewsMrSwerve

I'm calling this now on 22:32 - Aug 21 by Brynmill_Jack

The scenes at the end were those of a team, management and fans in total unity. Fabulous

Indeed, I haven’t felt this positive in years.

I'm calling this now on 08:55 - Aug 22 with 1561 viewsAlfieMooresSon

I'm calling this now on 20:44 - Aug 17 by builthjack

This. If we let either go then the owners and Birch have no ambition whatsoever.

We simply can't let them go they are the difference of a strong chance of going up (yes I'm starting to be converted, it is possible) and mid table.it wouldn't make any sense at all not to go for it and take this unexpected opportunity.
I'm calling this now on 08:57 - Aug 22 with 1555 viewsAlfieMooresSon

I'm calling this now on 22:30 - Aug 17 by AlfieMooresSon

This still my fear, but if we can keep Baston and Ayew, we have a chance of top six and then anything could happen early days though, ten games gives us a better idea!
I'm calling this now on 09:02 - Aug 22 with 1541 viewsAlfieMooresSon

I'm calling this now on 22:30 - Aug 21 by PatchesOHoulihan

It's a very inexperienced squad, but so far they are looking much better than I would have thought, it's the cold December and January period with the maximum injuries where we will really see what we have!
I'm calling this now on 09:17 - Aug 22 with 1512 viewskarnataka

I'm calling this now on 17:18 - Aug 17 by raynor94

10 games has always been the yardarm, top 6 then, and I think we will be there for the duration

Yardarm? Lol. Think you mean yardstick! Yardarm is part of a sailing ship!!
I'm calling this now on 09:30 - Aug 22 with 1484 viewsPegojack

Far too early to start calling promotion, there are too many things that can go wrong and we have money grabbing owners who won't turn down big offers for our best players, now or in January.
I'm just enjoying the moment and hoping it will continue. I can't wait for my next visit back to the UK in October to take in the Brentford and Cardiff games at the Liberty. I miss my match days terribly, Rossis fish and chips, a pint of Guinness in the Globe with all the other football experts who gather in there....
Just one random thought. I find our away shirt eerily reminiscent of our away shirt in the year we won League One in 2008 under Roberto. An omen?
I'm calling this now on 10:03 - Aug 22 with 1444 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I'm calling this now on 09:30 - Aug 22 by Pegojack

Far too early to start calling promotion, there are too many things that can go wrong and we have money grabbing owners who won't turn down big offers for our best players, now or in January.
I'm just enjoying the moment and hoping it will continue. I can't wait for my next visit back to the UK in October to take in the Brentford and Cardiff games at the Liberty. I miss my match days terribly, Rossis fish and chips, a pint of Guinness in the Globe with all the other football experts who gather in there....
Just one random thought. I find our away shirt eerily reminiscent of our away shirt in the year we won League One in 2008 under Roberto. An omen?

There’s nothing to fear in this league. No one wants Ayew and Baston’s wages are far too high for second tier football in Spain, most probably the case for a lot of first division Spanish sides too!

Leeds is going to be one hell of a test, a point or more up there and I think we know we can expect to be there or thereabouts.

Potter would have turned that result into a draw or worse last night , we look far stronger than last season and much more resilient too. We allowed them to take control for a period and gave them a silly goal but almost immediately regained the upper hand then killed a difficult side off at their own place. Great to witness!

Just hoping Birchie has a Huw moment if there’s a last minute call to take either on loan. But here’s a thought, with him being in sole charge and no pearlman looking over his shoulder - if an offer to match half of Ayews wage came in could he quietly turn it down?

It would be a big slap in the face if we had to lose Ayew with no extra body coming in.

I'm calling this now on 10:20 - Aug 22 with 1406 viewsWAFU

What a foolish statement by the OP. Is it your first season of watching football?
I'm calling this now on 10:27 - Aug 22 with 1381 viewsThornburyswan

I'm calling this now on 09:02 - Aug 22 by AlfieMooresSon

It's a very inexperienced squad, but so far they are looking much better than I would have thought, it's the cold December and January period with the maximum injuries where we will really see what we have!

I''m with you there Alfie, everything so far has gone almost perfectly for Cooper (& long may that continue) but we've had periods in all the 4 league matches that could have spun the game the other way - the positives are the unity within the squad (despite minimal investment & our last minute.com exit of socks) & at least so far decent decisions being made by Cooper & his coaching team.

I'll await the next 8 results (always think you get a decent idea after 12/30% of the season has gone) before considering upgrading my mid-table expectations.

That said very good start & well done to all involved, including the JA!
I'm calling this now on 11:18 - Aug 22 with 1316 viewsMrSwerve

I'm calling this now on 10:20 - Aug 22 by WAFU

What a foolish statement by the OP. Is it your first season of watching football?

Lovely to see some of the troll usernames being logged into again.

OBVIOUSLY I'm not being entirely serious and it's too early to tell. I am feeling confident after seeing the first few games and some of the performances though.

Amazed that I've had to spell this out, but saying that, maybe not.

(The Jacks are going up, though.)

I'm calling this now on 11:27 - Aug 22 with 1286 viewsraynor94

I'm calling this now on 09:17 - Aug 22 by karnataka

Yardarm? Lol. Think you mean yardstick! Yardarm is part of a sailing ship!!

Predictive text! Read before posting

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

I'm calling this now on 21:04 - Aug 22 with 1119 viewsJBG

rather stay in the championship much better than losing every week to clubs we can not compete with
I'm calling this now on 21:12 - Aug 22 with 1098 viewsHeadmaster

I'm calling this now on 21:04 - Aug 22 by JBG

rather stay in the championship much better than losing every week to clubs we can not compete with

We competed well enough against Man City last season. No reason why we wouldn't be able to compete against the rest.

I don't think we've been performing at our best so far, but it's early days. And the fact that we're winning games without playing so well is a good sign. If we make top 6 this season, that would be a great achievement.
I'm calling this now on 21:21 - Aug 22 with 1075 viewsBrynmill_Jack

We messed up in the premier league by abandoning our visions and principles. After our reset it’s all about buying good prospects and hopefully unearthing some real gems. Sensible performance related contracts and no ridiculous panic buys - there’s a better way out there.

I'm calling this now on 21:40 - Aug 22 with 1039 viewsswan_si

More chance to be sold to a billionaire looking for a play thing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024