Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion 17:11 - Aug 17 with 3626 viewsthornabyswan

Keep them both and I think we will go up.

Ayew is way above this level.
Borja will score plenty.

Behind them we have a keeper with guts and some very talented young players.

6 million outlay on wages for the 2.
In excess off 120 if we go up.

No brainer for me.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 17:22 - Aug 17 with 2811 viewshobo

Nah they're not good enough mun and should be given away for nothing
Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 17:23 - Aug 17 with 2793 viewsCooperman

The sale of OMc and DJ will have rectified much of the accounting black hole that existed and the balance sheet will look far less perilous than it did six weeks back.

I think Birch and the Yanks will now be assessing the risk of keeping these two on the books for the next year versus the opportunity of promotion and / or selling either or both of them before the European window closes. Based on the mistakes of the past eighteen months this will be a decision that I don’t expect them to take likely.

Whilst I don’t know the full extent of the finances I can make some assumptions and from there I also fall on the side of keeping them and having a good go at promotion. Both players have the ability and potential to be big players in this league.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 17:25 - Aug 17 with 2778 viewsmynamesjeff1

different level the pair of them.
Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 17:42 - Aug 17 with 2655 viewsNotLoyal

Well, we will see very quickly the yanks intention. Fingers crossed, for all their hard work recently thy could easily both go, regardless of what I think of them as people the club needs them.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 17:49 - Aug 17 with 2609 viewsWhiterockin

Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 17:23 - Aug 17 by Cooperman

The sale of OMc and DJ will have rectified much of the accounting black hole that existed and the balance sheet will look far less perilous than it did six weeks back.

I think Birch and the Yanks will now be assessing the risk of keeping these two on the books for the next year versus the opportunity of promotion and / or selling either or both of them before the European window closes. Based on the mistakes of the past eighteen months this will be a decision that I don’t expect them to take likely.

Whilst I don’t know the full extent of the finances I can make some assumptions and from there I also fall on the side of keeping them and having a good go at promotion. Both players have the ability and potential to be big players in this league.

I have a feeling that if Borja and Ayew are still here at Christmas and if we are top 6 we will not let them go for free. If there was a fee involved it could well be another matter.

Plus there are two massive IF'S in there.
Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 17:54 - Aug 17 with 2574 viewsNotLoyal

Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 17:49 - Aug 17 by Whiterockin

I have a feeling that if Borja and Ayew are still here at Christmas and if we are top 6 we will not let them go for free. If there was a fee involved it could well be another matter.

I just hope that they are here in September.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 18:04 - Aug 17 with 2499 viewsjackal

Would dearly love them both to stay. but our f*cking owners are only interested in the bottom line.

If they are both here after January I would be amazed.
Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 18:05 - Aug 17 with 2487 viewsicecoldjack

Playing for a move springs to mind, however I’m not gonna fault either of them for effort to fit back in and put in a shift no matter the reason.

Both players best option is to score goals, if they do this then it makes everything better for all concerned, it will make both players salable again and help us to remain safe in this league .
Login to get fewer ads

Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 18:21 - Aug 17 with 2396 viewsCooperman

Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 17:49 - Aug 17 by Whiterockin

Ayew has another season to go after this one so he cannot go for free next summer.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 18:33 - Aug 17 with 2317 viewsWhiterockin

Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 18:21 - Aug 17 by Cooperman

Ayew has another season to go after this one so he cannot go for free next summer.

Any player at any time can go for free if the club want them out and they want to go.
Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 20:27 - Aug 17 with 2034 viewsJacket

Still not convinced Ayew is going to stay. Expect Baston to stay and if Ayew stays wth him, Oli's goal total will be absolutely eclipsed by Baston.
Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 20:47 - Aug 17 with 1958 views100percentjack

Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 20:27 - Aug 17 by Jacket

Still not convinced Ayew is going to stay. Expect Baston to stay and if Ayew stays wth him, Oli's goal total will be absolutely eclipsed by Baston.

We need to keep both if we want to challenge this year. Depends how big balls the yanks have. Obviously their wages are an issue, but should, come Xmas, we are in a strong position I think we should stick and not fold.
Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 20:49 - Aug 17 with 1942 viewspencoedjack

Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 20:47 - Aug 17 by 100percentjack

We need to keep both if we want to challenge this year. Depends how big balls the yanks have. Obviously their wages are an issue, but should, come Xmas, we are in a strong position I think we should stick and not fold.

You can add VDH to that list as well
Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 20:59 - Aug 17 with 1892 viewsAngelRangelQS

At the moment we can’t get anyone to take Ayew off our hands seemingly.

Assuming wages of £80k, that’s £1.5m between now and January.

If he has a good 4.5 months for us then they’ll make that £1.5m back in an increased transfer fee.
Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 21:01 - Aug 17 with 1875 views100percentjack

Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 20:59 - Aug 17 by AngelRangelQS

At the moment we can’t get anyone to take Ayew off our hands seemingly.

Assuming wages of £80k, that’s £1.5m between now and January.

If he has a good 4.5 months for us then they’ll make that £1.5m back in an increased transfer fee.

Agree. But he cost us £18m!! If he proves himself as being committed and valuable, it should take a sensible offer to let him go.
Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 23:29 - Aug 17 with 1620 viewsBadlands

Borja - You Jack Baston :-)

Saw a stat today showing Ayew wasn't far behind Gylfi on goals & assists per game ... you'd never think it would you.

Today he was miles ahead of the majority of the players and works his socks off.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 23:34 - Aug 17 with 1590 viewsexiledclaseboy

They’re both a class above this level and they’ll both be gone by September.

Poll: Tory leader

Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 23:40 - Aug 17 with 1566 viewsJacket

If both are still here come September and take us to a strong position in terms of promotion by January surely the Yanks will keep them if they want any hope of seeing a return on their investment. However, if they do well enough to attract interest of other clubs but promotion is looking remote by January, they'll be flogged quicker than you can say "Huw Jenkins sold us down the river and called it the next level".
Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 23:48 - Aug 17 with 1527 viewsjasper_T

Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 23:40 - Aug 17 by Jacket

If both are still here come September and take us to a strong position in terms of promotion by January surely the Yanks will keep them if they want any hope of seeing a return on their investment. However, if they do well enough to attract interest of other clubs but promotion is looking remote by January, they'll be flogged quicker than you can say "Huw Jenkins sold us down the river and called it the next level".

And rightly so.
Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 23:55 - Aug 17 with 1508 viewsLuther27

Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 23:40 - Aug 17 by Jacket

Or..we'll keep Dan James until someone pays £15 million. Tosser
Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 23:58 - Aug 17 with 1500 viewsSwansea93

Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 23:34 - Aug 17 by exiledclaseboy

Well not according to other teams who didnt want Ayew on a free and only Spanish Liga2 teams wanting Borja.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 00:12 - Aug 18 with 1463 viewslonglostjack

Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 23:34 - Aug 17 by exiledclaseboy

Was just about to go to sleep happy. Thanks for the spoiler.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 00:15 - Aug 18 with 1452 viewsexiledclaseboy

Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 00:12 - Aug 18 by longlostjack

Was just about to go to sleep happy. Thanks for the spoiler.

No spoilers. Just an opinion. Sleep tight.

Poll: Tory leader

Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 00:16 - Aug 18 with 1443 viewsItchySphincter

Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 17:23 - Aug 17 by Cooperman

Really? Some people are in la la land. One decent offer and it’ll be bye bye. The owners won’t want want the money from James and McBurnie to fund the wages of Baston and Ayew.

Christ, its like some kind of parallel universe on here.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 00:21 - Aug 18 with 1429 viewsthornabyswan

Ayew and Baston could fire us to promotion on 00:16 - Aug 18 by ItchySphincter

Really? Some people are in la la land. One decent offer and it’ll be bye bye. The owners won’t want want the money from James and McBurnie to fund the wages of Baston and Ayew.

Christ, its like some kind of parallel universe on here.

Yes goes against your thread which went along the lines of Birch will have failed if he does not find a buyer for Ayew.
After selling the crown jewels.

But surely you could see today that both are very good players at this level.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 0:25]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024