Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread 23:04 - Aug 17 with 50678 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 18:47]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:09 - Aug 21 with 3570 viewshuwrichards57

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:07 - Aug 21 by Fireboy2

What a great win, last season we would have buckled under the pressure and possibly have lost the game.

Oh yes we did at that sh!thilole.

And that could be the difference. Seem, so far, to be far more aware of the things that cost us last year.
The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:16 - Aug 21 with 3418 viewsthornabyswan

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:03 - Aug 21 by jasper_T

It's not steel we're lacking we need to remember how to keep the ball. So good at it last season, far from that now.

We can defend this season though.
Also have strength in depth plus a very good young keeper.

Lost our 2 star players and have gained 2 star players.

I think we are in for a better season than last Baston nailed on to stay not sure on Ayew though he is way above the rest if he can apply himself and I have no complaints on that front.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:19 - Aug 21 with 3381 viewsjedmo_jack

Joe was unbelievable tonight. What a complete performance.
The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:20 - Aug 21 with 3366 viewsEvanski

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:54 - Aug 21 by ploppy

Wyndham Evans, on the other hand, is like listening to the Swans fan sat next to you. He even does the we-hey when the opposition shoot high into the stand. And the yeeeeeeeeeessssss when we score. Over-so-slightly biased mind you. Brilliant.

Brilliant indeed! There's footage out there of him leading the fans in a rendition of 'Weee're all agreed that Swansea City are magic' outside the Guildhall on the occasion of our promotion in '81. Absolute legend!

Jacs y Canolbarth - Cangen Aberystwyth / Mid Wales Jacks - Aberystwyth Branch

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:28 - Aug 21 with 3240 viewsjasper_T

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:16 - Aug 21 by thornabyswan

We can defend this season though.
Also have strength in depth plus a very good young keeper.

Lost our 2 star players and have gained 2 star players.

I think we are in for a better season than last Baston nailed on to stay not sure on Ayew though he is way above the rest if he can apply himself and I have no complaints on that front.

Cooper just needs to figure things out quicker than Potter did. He's got a few months.
The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:30 - Aug 21 with 3211 viewsswan65split

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:08 - Aug 21 by lifelong

I thought our defence was excellent tonight, some brilliant blocks when under severe pressure in the second half...great result.

Dare I say it , reminiscent of Ash and Monk days, effort like that tends to inspire the rest.
The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:31 - Aug 21 with 3187 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:20 - Aug 21 by Evanski

Brilliant indeed! There's footage out there of him leading the fans in a rendition of 'Weee're all agreed that Swansea City are magic' outside the Guildhall on the occasion of our promotion in '81. Absolute legend!

Yeh. I was outside the Guildhall that day.
I love Wyndam but his interminable optimism had me shouting 'shut up ffs you are tempting fate!!' Then the buggars scored.
Great performance today against a decent side who zipped the ball around very well.
We are by no means the finished product but we are dangerous on the break and don't know when to stop battling.
I remain optimistic as long as we don't sell any more of this side...….

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:31 - Aug 21 with 3181 viewsthornabyswan

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:28 - Aug 21 by jasper_T

Cooper just needs to figure things out quicker than Potter did. He's got a few months.

We won 3.1 and are 2nd behind Leeds

Not perfect but seems harsh to say Cooper needs to figure out things we went unbeaten Pre season now 5 unbeaten in league and Cup.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Login to get fewer ads

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:35 - Aug 21 with 3137 viewsBadlands

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:30 - Aug 21 by swan65split

Dare I say it , reminiscent of Ash and Monk days, effort like that tends to inspire the rest.

Really?
I thought we had two outstanding CBs on the pitch tonight.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:36 - Aug 21 with 3134 viewsjasper_T

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:31 - Aug 21 by thornabyswan

We won 3.1 and are 2nd behind Leeds

Not perfect but seems harsh to say Cooper needs to figure out things we went unbeaten Pre season now 5 unbeaten in league and Cup.

At this point last season we'd conceded one less goal and were also unbeaten. It's too early to judge things purely on the results.

All of the games we've played so far could have gone the other way. Very similar to Potter's opening run where we played well in patches but weren't controlling games as we eventually proved we could.
The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:36 - Aug 21 with 3112 viewsBadlands

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:01 - Aug 21 by joshdon10

I want the European transfer window to shut ASAP. If we going to have a good season Baston and Ayew needs to stay.

TBF we are the ones out of synch.
English always being contrary.

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:59 - Aug 21 with 2902 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:36 - Aug 21 by jasper_T

At this point last season we'd conceded one less goal and were also unbeaten. It's too early to judge things purely on the results.

All of the games we've played so far could have gone the other way. Very similar to Potter's opening run where we played well in patches but weren't controlling games as we eventually proved we could.

You have no idea. Apples compared to last seasons oranges. We have a lot more experience and a manager who has two deadly player to pick from. And he doesn’t go all cowardy custard like Potter did. A different ball game now for sure.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 23:02 - Aug 21 with 2867 viewsthornabyswan

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:59 - Aug 21 by Brynmill_Jack

You have no idea. Apples compared to last seasons oranges. We have a lot more experience and a manager who has two deadly player to pick from. And he doesn’t go all cowardy custard like Potter did. A different ball game now for sure.

Yes definately agree that we are not so pretty on the eye but who cares.

Great performance tonight with some real class up top.

Would have lost to them last season.

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 23:06 - Aug 21 with 2853 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 23:02 - Aug 21 by thornabyswan

Yes definately agree that we are not so pretty on the eye but who cares.

Great performance tonight with some real class up top.

Would have lost to them last season.

Exactly. Winning is what counts be we still played some top notch football. Win win win

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 23:10 - Aug 21 with 2804 viewsBadlands

Well done Surridge - right place right time.
Ayew outstanding MoM ... where would we be without him so far this season?
Rodon - shoed how to bounce back MoM. (Yes two MoMs)
Garrick continued where he left off.
All round gritty performance won by PL quality players.

(Being picky)
Thought Woodman should have saved they goal.
Byers showed why he's not yet a starter.

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 23:22 - Aug 21 with 2741 viewsjackrabbit

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:51 - Aug 21 by sainthelens

Great result n performance. Well done lads. Sunday's game now makes you sit up a bit more ....gonna be hell of a ride this. Bleeding obvious but Ayew n Borja have got to stay now. Just hope the powers that be have a bit of confidence and foresight of what might just happen come May.

Yes they were both pure class. Just got back - I live in Ruislip- and I hadn’t seen the Swans live this season until tonight, but I was impressed with those two. Plus Celina in the first half - he tired a bit second half and started attempting over-ambitious passes but he was magic for most of the game. His goal was brilliantly taken. But Ayew with 2 outstanding assists and Borja for his thunderous penalty and all round general play, were a class above. We must keep them!

Just behind where I was sitting was a certain Ollie McBurnie sitting with friends and enjoying the match. Jackfath would have not approved the chanting of his name by the Swans fans. He loved it and all the players spotted him at the end and gave him a rousing reception. I think he really enjoyed himself with all the fans. Great to see.
The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 23:40 - Aug 21 with 2652 viewsblackflyingswan

WRONG
The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 23:43 - Aug 21 with 2641 viewsswan65split

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:35 - Aug 21 by Badlands

Really?
I thought we had two outstanding CBs on the pitch tonight.

Read it again FFS
The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 23:58 - Aug 21 with 2571 viewssioni

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:46 - Aug 21 by Flashberryjack

It did indeed, that penalty gave us the impetus to pick our heads up and battle on.

Yes. Of course, I helped Borja score on that penalty. I crossed my feet, my toes, my eyes and my balls so I worked pretty hard on that goal.
The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 00:19 - Aug 22 with 2507 viewsNotLoyal

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:33 - Aug 21 by jasper_T

Opening us up far too easily the last five minutes.

It's what happens. How you respond is the answer.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 00:22 - Aug 22 with 2504 viewsNotLoyal

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:41 - Aug 21 by SwanDownUnder

Great win, where's all the relegation posters now?

Exactly, any links ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 05:17 - Aug 22 with 2289 viewsCaptain_Sham

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:36 - Aug 21 by jasper_T

Yes but we have 6 more points, when you look at the games we played versus the corresponding teams, having scored 5 goals more than last season and conceded 4 goals fewer.
Beat Hull instead of Draw(In consecutive home games lets not forget)
Draw @Derby instead of loss
Beat Preston
Win at QPR instead of defeat.
Stats eh? its almost like you can use them to prove anything you want.

[Post edited 22 Aug 2019 6:30]

Its just a ride.

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 06:39 - Aug 22 with 2187 viewsDr_Winston

One of the more encouraging things for me is that we're clearly still not playing to our max, still have new players like Peterson waiting for their chance and the academy production line continues unabated.

Suspect a lot will depend on whether we get any serious offers from Ayew before the end of the month (as well as he's started, £4m a year is a bill the club can't carry for long), but there's a hell of a lot to be optimistic about. Long way to go, but the signs are good.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 06:57 - Aug 22 with 2157 viewsChief

Call it simplistic but I don't see 4mill being a big burden for a club who in the last window made a net profit of over 40million on player sales.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 07:00 - Aug 22 with 2153 viewsDr_Winston

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 06:57 - Aug 22 by Chief

Call it simplistic but I don't see 4mill being a big burden for a club who in the last window made a net profit of over 40million on player sales.

And a net loss of how much in players wages/interest fees/money still owed?

Yeah, I'll call it simplistic.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024