Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread 23:04 - Aug 17 with 50339 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 18:47]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 07:47 - Aug 22 with 2914 viewsbuilthjack

Glad I made it to this one. Great atmosphere before the game, which carried on throughout. Rode our luck at times, but 3 points here is a massive bonus and what we need if we are to be in the top 6 at the end of the season. Now don't balls it up on Sunday.
Ayew and Baston have to stay, simple as that. Some good performances, from the 2 mentioned, and also the centre backs and Celina. Some are still not at the races, and need to get up to speed. Bidwell, Grimes included there. 3 hours kip but still buzzing.
Oli - what can you say. Bit of a nutter but happy to have him in amongst us. We took the £20m and he comes back to support us. Leroy Lita there as well.
Let's fill the ground on Sunday and get behind the team

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 08:42 - Aug 22 with 2793 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 06:39 - Aug 22 by Dr_Winston

One of the more encouraging things for me is that we're clearly still not playing to our max, still have new players like Peterson waiting for their chance and the academy production line continues unabated.

Suspect a lot will depend on whether we get any serious offers from Ayew before the end of the month (as well as he's started, £4m a year is a bill the club can't carry for long), but there's a hell of a lot to be optimistic about. Long way to go, but the signs are good.

Don't agree Doc £4m is small fry if we get promotion.
If not the players are in the shop window for a season and we will sell on later. Might even get some dosh on top of the wage saving.
Potential rewards are too great to sell now. Both players are happy.
We must keep I say.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 08:43 - Aug 22 with 2794 views1983

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 07:47 - Aug 22 by builthjack

Glad I made it to this one. Great atmosphere before the game, which carried on throughout. Rode our luck at times, but 3 points here is a massive bonus and what we need if we are to be in the top 6 at the end of the season. Now don't balls it up on Sunday.
Ayew and Baston have to stay, simple as that. Some good performances, from the 2 mentioned, and also the centre backs and Celina. Some are still not at the races, and need to get up to speed. Bidwell, Grimes included there. 3 hours kip but still buzzing.
Oli - what can you say. Bit of a nutter but happy to have him in amongst us. We took the £20m and he comes back to support us. Leroy Lita there as well.
Let's fill the ground on Sunday and get behind the team

Exactly this

Great unexpected atmosphere for a mid week game
Oli McBurnie what a nutter

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 09:27 - Aug 22 with 2691 viewsGlyn1

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:36 - Aug 21 by jasper_T

At this point last season we'd conceded one less goal and were also unbeaten. It's too early to judge things purely on the results.

All of the games we've played so far could have gone the other way. Very similar to Potter's opening run where we played well in patches but weren't controlling games as we eventually proved we could.

I get what you're saying, and it's still August, but there could be something good developing here.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2019 9:34]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 09:30 - Aug 22 with 2683 viewsGlyn1

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 23:58 - Aug 21 by sioni

Yes. Of course, I helped Borja score on that penalty. I crossed my feet, my toes, my eyes and my balls so I worked pretty hard on that goal.

Thank you!
[Post edited 22 Aug 2019 9:37]

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 09:42 - Aug 22 with 2658 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 08:42 - Aug 22 by Private_Partz

Don't agree Doc £4m is small fry if we get promotion.
If not the players are in the shop window for a season and we will sell on later. Might even get some dosh on top of the wage saving.
Potential rewards are too great to sell now. Both players are happy.
We must keep I say.

Seeing how he’s combining with the rest of the team (they certainly don’t seem to be jealous about his wage - which obviously isn’t his fault) it would be a real blow if he went before the deadline . Especially if it’s a proxy loan deal.

The doc is right and so are you. He’s now in the shop window and even if we don’t get promoted, at least he will have generated interest from which a favorable deal for the club could be forthcoming. Win win.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 09:58 - Aug 22 with 2621 viewsFireboy2

Did you notice celina run straight to ayew after his cross to surridge.

That shows something good to me.

Bloody hell i hope ayew doesnt go before the end of august.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2019 11:15]
The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 10:49 - Aug 22 with 2543 viewsBostonR

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:55 - Aug 21 by theloneranger

Brilliant win.

I thought the linesman was our 12th man in the 2nd half when QPR were attacking. Superb performance young man

R's fan here. All three officials must be in the Swansea fan club. At 1-1 it is a stonewall penalty for handball - great stop by one of your defenders. Some of the off-side calls were a joke.
Have to say at 1-1 I thought we would win it, but if you give away a stupid penalty you deserve what you get. I thought you looked good on the ball, but very open when you lost possession.
We have a totally new side, so on that showing I think we will be ok and some teams will find it hard at our place. Good sides are clinical at this level and I thought you took your chances when you had them. You will make the play-offs on what I saw last night. Good luck.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 11:04 - Aug 22 with 2508 viewssainthelens

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 10:49 - Aug 22 by BostonR

R's fan here. All three officials must be in the Swansea fan club. At 1-1 it is a stonewall penalty for handball - great stop by one of your defenders. Some of the off-side calls were a joke.
Have to say at 1-1 I thought we would win it, but if you give away a stupid penalty you deserve what you get. I thought you looked good on the ball, but very open when you lost possession.
We have a totally new side, so on that showing I think we will be ok and some teams will find it hard at our place. Good sides are clinical at this level and I thought you took your chances when you had them. You will make the play-offs on what I saw last night. Good luck.

Every club will think they get the shyte end of the ref at times, and those of us on here will write chapters of the crap we've had to put up with.
Much like you, our side is also trying to gel with new blood, great result for us as not many would have thought we'd better a point up there.
The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 11:16 - Aug 22 with 2487 viewsmonmouth

Obviously much too early to get carried away, but very encouraging in our attacking intent. We need to find a stronger midfield presence I think, so that we can get a grip on games, especially under pressure. QPR, who are hardly the most terrifying of teams, looked like the charge of the barbarian hordes as they overwhelmed our paper thin middle and exposed our flanks. Rodon and The Horn were heroic in repelling them.

To our Rangers friend, whereas I think we got the rub for sure, I don’t think it’s as clear cut as has been stated. It can be argued that Bidwells hand was in the only place it could be, in front of his body, and all the offsides were right except the bizarre one, where the shot missed anyway. Cann is after all the ‘best offside Lino in the world’ (copyright any English div commentator. Not true of course, as that title belongs to the wonderful Sian Massey. I dare say we would be saying the same if the position was reversed, but the truth is, we simply made the most of our chances, QPR didn’t.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 11:25 - Aug 22 with 2468 viewsploppy

I don't know if you've noticed this, but take any club's supporters for any given match and they'll tell you the ref favoured the opposition.
The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 11:44 - Aug 22 with 2432 viewsBadlands

Strange that Radio Wales (who are always hopeful that the opposition will win against Swansea ... they really were getting excited when QPR crossed the half way line) commented on how he ref was favouring QPR especially when it came to fouls going to the home side but very similar being ignored against Swansea.
They also made a point of calling out the ref for booking Rodon for preventing a quick free kick but ignoring the multiple times QPR had done the same and even when the ball was kicked off the pitch to prevent a free kick being taken.
Apart for a couple of QPR players no-one thought it was hand ball.
Watching the game and replay - offsides were spot on.
The one given when the ball was put in our net was flagged by the linesman well before the final bit of action but the ref hadn't noticed.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 13:05 - Aug 22 with 2287 viewsmonmouth

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 11:44 - Aug 22 by Badlands

Strange that Radio Wales (who are always hopeful that the opposition will win against Swansea ... they really were getting excited when QPR crossed the half way line) commented on how he ref was favouring QPR especially when it came to fouls going to the home side but very similar being ignored against Swansea.
They also made a point of calling out the ref for booking Rodon for preventing a quick free kick but ignoring the multiple times QPR had done the same and even when the ball was kicked off the pitch to prevent a free kick being taken.
Apart for a couple of QPR players no-one thought it was hand ball.
Watching the game and replay - offsides were spot on.
The one given when the ball was put in our net was flagged by the linesman well before the final bit of action but the ref hadn't noticed.

Yes that ‘disallowed’ one, you could see our players weren’t really bothered about stopping it. They knew the Hugill donkey was well offside when he blocked off Woodman.

Anyways, it says in the paper a solid 3-1 win away from home. That’ll do for me any day.

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:42 - Aug 22 with 2176 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Your club's problem last night was in the stats.
22 shots with only 3 on target, once your guys settle down a bit they should be able to improve on that.
The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 15:17 - Aug 22 with 2116 viewskrunchykarrot

Watched the game on the Red button, thought we were exposed at times. That said 3 goals away from home and a win what more can you ask. I agree Cooper is learning as we go and our defensive effort last night was good overall, but that goal again.
The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 16:04 - Aug 22 with 2078 viewsTummer_from_Texas

If you want to talk about questionable refereeing, the officials still owe us for the 1-1 draw at Loftus Road back in January 2015.

That said, good luck to you too.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:55 - Aug 22 with 1920 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:49 - Aug 21 by vetchonian

What are the rewards if they get us promoted?
I’m sure Birch knows what he is doing

I doubt it’s deliberate that they’re still here. Far more likely that we couldn’t find a buyer. It’ll work to our benefit on the pitch though, as if Ayew’s head is in the right place he’s probably the best player in the league, let alone on the pitch last night.
The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:11 - Aug 22 with 1897 viewskarnataka

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 16:04 - Aug 22 by Tummer_from_Texas

If you want to talk about questionable refereeing, the officials still owe us for the 1-1 draw at Loftus Road back in January 2015.

That said, good luck to you too.

Was that the game where their keeper (Rob Green?) should have been sent off in the first few minutes for handling outside the area?
The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:23 - Aug 22 with 1871 viewsChief

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 07:00 - Aug 22 by Dr_Winston

And a net loss of how much in players wages/interest fees/money still owed?

Yeah, I'll call it simplistic.

That's simply not true though is it?

How on earth can we have a net loss on wages and fees considering all the money brought in from sales and players wages off the books.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:39 - Aug 22 with 1847 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:55 - Aug 22 by LeonWasGod

I doubt it’s deliberate that they’re still here. Far more likely that we couldn’t find a buyer. It’ll work to our benefit on the pitch though, as if Ayew’s head is in the right place he’s probably the best player in the league, let alone on the pitch last night.

If he continues to produce the kind of assists and the rate of them as last night whoever plays up front will run riot. Give Borja three of those crosses like Ayew did last night and he will convert two of them . Very exciting times ahead I feel.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 23:38 - Aug 22 with 1776 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:11 - Aug 22 by karnataka

Was that the game where their keeper (Rob Green?) should have been sent off in the first few minutes for handling outside the area?

That was it, and it wasn't even a judgement call as he was about 10 feet outside the area.

But that wasn't the only huge, ridiculous call: Neil Taylor WAS sent off for practically no reason at all.

It took a goal by Bony right before the final whistle to salvage the draw.

Ironically, the QPR goal came from Leroy Fer, a really nice strike from about 25 yards out.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 00:04 - Aug 23 with 1748 viewstheloneranger

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 23:38 - Aug 22 by Tummer_from_Texas

That was it, and it wasn't even a judgement call as he was about 10 feet outside the area.

But that wasn't the only huge, ridiculous call: Neil Taylor WAS sent off for practically no reason at all.

It took a goal by Bony right before the final whistle to salvage the draw.

Ironically, the QPR goal came from Leroy Fer, a really nice strike from about 25 yards out.

That was the moment when Fer went into Jenkins Little Black Book, and I think that was Wilf's final goal before signing for Man City.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 00:19 - Aug 23 with 1729 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 00:04 - Aug 23 by theloneranger

That was the moment when Fer went into Jenkins Little Black Book, and I think that was Wilf's final goal before signing for Man City.

Correct, I forgot to mention that. Bony came off the bench for Gomis to promptly score the goal, and that was his last action before the transfer.

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:59 - Aug 23 with 1572 viewsGlyn1

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/50717

Here's a QPR fan's report. Not much to argue with apart from grading the ref with 5 points and Ayew with only 6
[Post edited 23 Aug 2019 18:01]

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:14 - Aug 23 with 1554 viewsmonmouth

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:59 - Aug 23 by Glyn1

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/50717

Here's a QPR fan's report. Not much to argue with apart from grading the ref with 5 points and Ayew with only 6
[Post edited 23 Aug 2019 18:01]

I’d argue that Pugh, whoever the f*ck he was, was not ‘a class above anything on the pitch’.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024