Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread 23:04 - Aug 17 with 50554 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 18:47]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:59 - Aug 19 with 3229 viewsThornburyswan

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 10:57 - Aug 19 by MrSwerve

I have a bad feeling that QPR will sucker punch us and bring us back down to Earth on Wednesday. I hope I’m wrong though!

If we win, that’ll really begin to show us what we can expect this season.

Me too, went up last year & they came out fast & physical suspect they'll be in our faces from the get go & a few of our guys will struggle with that - I'd take a point right now.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 21:02]
The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 11:44 - Aug 20 with 2787 viewsPrivate_Partz

Sky 'Red Button' match. Will Sky pubs be able to show the game?
0-1 prediction here.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 11:57 - Aug 20 with 2774 viewsandypitt56

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 11:44 - Aug 20 by Private_Partz

Sky 'Red Button' match. Will Sky pubs be able to show the game?
0-1 prediction here.

No Sky pubs will not be able to they can only show the live match.
The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 12:02 - Aug 20 with 2761 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 11:57 - Aug 20 by andypitt56

No Sky pubs will not be able to they can only show the live match.

Cheers. Did not realise Red Button was catch up. Thought it was a live service for home users. Hope my friend can get an Internet stream ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 12:12 - Aug 20 with 2744 viewsandypitt56

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 12:02 - Aug 20 by Private_Partz

Cheers. Did not realise Red Button was catch up. Thought it was a live service for home users. Hope my friend can get an Internet stream ;-)

You're right red button is a live service but for license issue sky Pubs can only show the game that has been picked as the live game on sky sports.
The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 12:30 - Aug 20 with 2717 viewsblackpooljack

Does anyone know if replays are on the red button now
The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 12:56 - Aug 20 with 2691 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 12:12 - Aug 20 by andypitt56

You're right red button is a live service but for license issue sky Pubs can only show the game that has been picked as the live game on sky sports.

OK cheers.

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 12:59 - Aug 20 with 2685 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 12:30 - Aug 20 by blackpooljack

Does anyone know if replays are on the red button now

You will get them on the main site.... Eventually.
At least there should be some streams kicking around tonight for those (unlike me) so inclined. ;-)

Login to get fewer ads

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:22 - Aug 20 with 2580 viewsblackpooljack

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 12:59 - Aug 20 by Private_Partz

At least there should be some streams kicking around tonight for those (unlike me) so inclined. ;-)

No I meant action replays
The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:37 - Aug 20 with 2555 viewsploppy

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 12:59 - Aug 20 by Private_Partz

Don't know if this is what you meant but we're not playing tonight.

Full match replays are available on swanseacity.com about 48hrs after the match due to EFL rules. No geographic restrictions.

There are "live" action replays on SwansTV. The QPR match is available on SwansTV everywhere, including the UK.

I don't know much about Sky red button coverage, but I've heard it's a poor, one camera, no replay coverage.

I hope that covers everything.
The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 15:43 - Aug 20 with 2476 viewsjasper_T

Sky's red button stuff was just as good as SwansTV/iFollow coverage last season. It's all the same feeds and cameras anyway.
The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 16:16 - Aug 20 with 2435 viewsploppy

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 15:43 - Aug 20 by jasper_T

Sky's red button stuff was just as good as SwansTV/iFollow coverage last season. It's all the same feeds and cameras anyway.

Are you sure? According to our own website, SwansTV has 4 cameras at home and 3 away. I thought the sky red button was one camera - although that's only going on what I've heard.

And just be clear (you probably already know this), SwansTV isn't iFollow - we opted out of that.
The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 16:37 - Aug 20 with 2405 viewsjasper_T

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 16:16 - Aug 20 by ploppy

Are you sure? According to our own website, SwansTV has 4 cameras at home and 3 away. I thought the sky red button was one camera - although that's only going on what I've heard.

And just be clear (you probably already know this), SwansTV isn't iFollow - we opted out of that.

iFollow uses the same feeds. When we're playing iFollow teams it's not two different sets of cameras showing the same footage. That would be ridiculously wasteful.

SwansTV does live editing of the game for replays and stuff, and uses its own extra cameras at the Liberty (you could see last season the quality and colours were different in close ups) but the majority of footage is shared between different broadcasters.

Sky red button games usually don't do any live editing. They just leave it on the main camera feed following the action..
The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:26 - Aug 20 with 2334 viewsploppy

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 16:37 - Aug 20 by jasper_T

iFollow uses the same feeds. When we're playing iFollow teams it's not two different sets of cameras showing the same footage. That would be ridiculously wasteful.

SwansTV does live editing of the game for replays and stuff, and uses its own extra cameras at the Liberty (you could see last season the quality and colours were different in close ups) but the majority of footage is shared between different broadcasters.

Sky red button games usually don't do any live editing. They just leave it on the main camera feed following the action..

OK, I did wonder.

So is it still your assertion that sky's red button one main camera coverage with no live editing is "just as good" as the SwansTV/iFollow 3/4 camera setup with live editing?

BTW, I'm no SwansTV apologist. I've had major beef with them this season and last, and they still have a terrible problem with audio/video sync.
The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:46 - Aug 20 with 2292 viewsjasper_T

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:26 - Aug 20 by ploppy

OK, I did wonder.

So is it still your assertion that sky's red button one main camera coverage with no live editing is "just as good" as the SwansTV/iFollow 3/4 camera setup with live editing?

BTW, I'm no SwansTV apologist. I've had major beef with them this season and last, and they still have a terrible problem with audio/video sync.

My ideal tv game would be single camera, no editing, no commentary, just crowd noise.
The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:26 - Aug 20 with 2239 viewsbuilthjack

As I have just been asked if I can attend a course at Swindon tomorrow, it would be rude not to go on to QPR. Happy days.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:08 - Aug 20 with 2169 viewsGlyn1

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:26 - Aug 20 by builthjack

As I have just been asked if I can attend a course at Swindon tomorrow, it would be rude not to go on to QPR. Happy days.

Blimey, they didn't give you much notice. If you're taking the train from Swindon to Ealing Broadway, it's then an easy underground ride to White City station.

Does anyone know how many of us will be there?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:23 - Aug 20 with 2139 viewsGlyn1

Oh oh, I've finally noticed that Millwall are travelling west to play Fulham on the same evening, which means that Hammersmith underground station and the Wetherspoons nearby will be incredibly busy.

Just seen this comment from the QPR fans forum which made me smile:

"It’s been dubbed, on the QPR message board at least, as Rangers Madrid against Swanselona. One team that aspires to be all trendy and new age, gratuitously passing out from the back over the grave of John Beck, against another that wrote the bloody book on it. QPR, just getting started, Swansea, returning to roots under Graham Potter and now Steve Cooper after several years of mismanagement and failed Bertie Big Potatoes routine. QPR, of course, are case study 1.1 in dick swinging gone wrong. Maybe we could swap books?"

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:35 - Aug 20 with 2112 viewsOldjack

By the way the game is on the red button on Sky sports ,tidy

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:47 - Aug 20 with 2082 viewsAndyNak

Match now confirmed as pay on the day - good
Prices confirmed as £38 cash only - on second thoughts...

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:53 - Aug 20 with 2075 views1983

First away match since Brizzle city come on YJB's

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:32 - Aug 20 with 2016 viewsEasternJack

Last minute change of plans allows me to go to this one. Any suggestions on where to pick up tickets? Cheers

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:38 - Aug 20 with 2008 viewsNotLoyal

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:50 - Aug 19 by ploppy

As much as I'd like us to play open attacking football every time, I've thought for a while that there are certain players more suited to playing at home. It would be nice if we could keep it tight for the proverbial first 20mins. For this reason, I'd start with Fulton rather than Byers (despite Byers's good half on Saturday).

Can't see Surridge starting - he hasn't shown anything so far except for one good header against Northampton.

Can see Naughton getting the RB slot, and Wilmot possibly to take some of the heat off Rodon.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 18:31]

Play attacking football, or lose the game.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:40 - Aug 20 with 2007 viewsbuilthjack

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:08 - Aug 20 by Glyn1

Blimey, they didn't give you much notice. If you're taking the train from Swindon to Ealing Broadway, it's then an easy underground ride to White City station.

Does anyone know how many of us will be there?

I was due to go on the course next month but am away. A vacancy came up for tomorrow earlier today, so made sense to do it.
The course finishes at 3 so I will drive to Ealing Broadway, about 70 miles, hour and a half all being well. I have booked a car parking place at a hotel for a fiver. Then tube it from there.
Might see you there Glyn.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:50 - Aug 20 with 1983 viewsNotLoyal

The Official QPR Vs Swansea City Match Thread on 20:32 - Aug 20 by EasternJack

Last minute change of plans allows me to go to this one. Any suggestions on where to pick up tickets? Cheers

Order online and download ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024