Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Long Season for Cardiff 15:39 - Aug 18 with 18260 viewsMagic_Michu

Oh my days... they really are atrocious.

I can honestly see them getting sucked into a relegation battle this year... they don’t seem to have any quality at all there.

I think the championship has changed even in the the short time they’ve been away, I’m not sure you can kick, hoof, huff and puff your way to success anymore.

They haven’t even played anyone decent in the division yet and theyve lost twice and only just managed to beat newly promoted Luton at home.

Long live Neil Warnock
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 16:36]

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Long Season for Cardiff on 21:06 - Aug 18 with 2817 viewsplasjack

Long Season for Cardiff on 20:56 - Aug 18 by plasjack

Non- football is coming home to Wales.

Sorry should have said To Wales capital city.
Long Season for Cardiff on 21:43 - Aug 18 with 2736 viewsphact0rri

for all this worry of having Cardiff do the double on us before a ball was kicked (myself included) it looks very likely that we might end up on the first double to them.

Hopefully Warnock doesn't retire before the derby.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Long Season for Cardiff on 22:46 - Aug 18 with 2620 viewsjackrabbit

There’s an intelligent and reflective post on the CCMB board from somebody called Az City. It’s quite long but here’s the last-but-one paragraph:

“So I have a feeling it's the system. We have ground out results for 2 years now in many games. We have no plan B. We don't actually have an effective plan A. We have played in a way where we lived off scraps as the underdog in many of those games, hoping for chances created through dead-ball situations and physicality. Long-run it doesn't work and it's awful to watch.”

Can’t fault that analysis.
Long Season for Cardiff on 23:36 - Aug 18 with 2549 viewsTNT

Long Season for Cardiff on 18:11 - Aug 18 by Jango

That's a very good likeness, and I haven't even seen the old boy.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Long Season for Cardiff on 23:39 - Aug 18 with 2545 viewsTNT

The bluey gatecrashers were giving it large on here before a ball was kicked. Wtf?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Long Season for Cardiff on 03:26 - Aug 19 with 2466 viewsWanderer

Long Season for Cardiff on 18:11 - Aug 18 by Jango

Takes me back to the Barons that, a twenty pinter I class that.
Long Season for Cardiff on 06:34 - Aug 19 with 2394 viewsDr_Winston

Long Season for Cardiff on 21:43 - Aug 18 by phact0rri

for all this worry of having Cardiff do the double on us before a ball was kicked (myself included) it looks very likely that we might end up on the first double to them.

Hopefully Warnock doesn't retire before the derby.

Far too early to be making predictions like that, especially considering we've trailed three times in four games so far and their strength is still our Achilles Heel.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Long Season for Cardiff on 07:45 - Aug 19 with 2318 viewsNotLoyal

Warnock will make sure they hoof and kick both ball and player to get what by need this season. The derby game will be mad.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 7:45]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Login to get fewer ads

Long Season for Cardiff on 08:17 - Aug 19 with 2273 viewsVincent_Vega

Long Season for Cardiff on 06:34 - Aug 19 by Dr_Winston

Far too early to be making predictions like that, especially considering we've trailed three times in four games so far and their strength is still our Achilles Heel.

This ^

Very early days but encouraging signs. Cardiff do play a 'style' that we struggle with and were not the finished article by a long shot.

on I side note I wonder what the odds are on a Swansea win in October and Colin being removed from his post the following week

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Long Season for Cardiff on 08:41 - Aug 19 with 2220 viewsThrasher6

There's an awful lot of Bluebirds in one place on this thread. What is the collective noun for a group of Bluebirds?

A gaggle.?

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Long Season for Cardiff on 09:48 - Aug 19 with 2139 viewsNotLoyal

Long Season for Cardiff on 08:41 - Aug 19 by Thrasher6

There's an awful lot of Bluebirds in one place on this thread. What is the collective noun for a group of Bluebirds?

A gaggle.?

A cünt of bluebirds ...
Well known.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Long Season for Cardiff on 12:43 - Aug 19 with 2029 viewsDJack

Long Season for Cardiff on 08:41 - Aug 19 by Thrasher6

A gaggle.?

A delusion of Bluebirds.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Long Season for Cardiff on 12:59 - Aug 19 with 1992 viewsMagic_Michu

Long Season for Cardiff on 06:34 - Aug 19 by Dr_Winston

Although, their Achilles heel is our strength so it could be an interesting one.

Their team (defence especially) can't handle teams who play football on the floor.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Long Season for Cardiff on 13:05 - Aug 19 with 1977 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Long Season for Cardiff on 17:42 - Aug 18 by bermudajack

Way too early judge...

Although I’d love the previous posters to be correct, don’t write Warnock off after two poor results away from home, he knows better than anyone what it takes to succeed in this division, he has proven it time and time again...

Horrible to watch yes... but effective none the less.

It would not surprise anyone if he gets them gathering plenty of points as the season progresses, Reading had some very tasty players on show and most clubs in this division would have struggled against them today.

12 games in and we can judge 👍

I see it the same, I was very surprised how shit they were though, they looked like individuals that didn't have a clue, and anyone runs at the defence they seemed to just kick out in panic, even then they struggled to kick the player?

Anyone who has watched the lower Leagues for years would not underestimate Warnock, but he has a hell of a job on there, they have no pace except for that Striker although he never sees anything of the ball!

I wish we could play them now, all the fans cockiness has gone and the teams confidence looks shattered!
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 13:05]
Long Season for Cardiff on 13:09 - Aug 19 with 1967 viewsBlue_Blood

Long Season for Cardiff on 13:05 - Aug 19 by AlfieMooresSon

I see it the same, I was very surprised how shit they were though, they looked like individuals that didn't have a clue, and anyone runs at the defence they seemed to just kick out in panic, even then they struggled to kick the player?

Anyone who has watched the lower Leagues for years would not underestimate Warnock, but he has a hell of a job on there, they have no pace except for that Striker although he never sees anything of the ball!

I wish we could play them now, all the fans cockiness has gone and the teams confidence looks shattered!
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 13:05]

I don't know where the perception of cockiness has come from. There was a thread on a forum before the season about where we'd finish this season and the general consensus was mid table.

One thing I will say is that many didn't think we'd end up below you
Long Season for Cardiff on 13:17 - Aug 19 with 1933 viewssainthelens

Long Season for Cardiff on 13:09 - Aug 19 by Blue_Blood

I don't know where the perception of cockiness has come from. There was a thread on a forum before the season about where we'd finish this season and the general consensus was mid table.

And such is the arrogance, nearly if not all of you will think you'll still finish above us. Being the capital city brings such delusions.
Long Season for Cardiff on 13:25 - Aug 19 with 1918 viewsvetchonian

Thats the cockiness being talked about!!!
And of course several of you on here giving it large!!
The face of the championshio is changing much more teams attempting to "play football" ...so you guys on your forums were right to predict a mid tabke finish especially given your transfer window dealings.

I never put much stay on the derby's as they dont often have much to do with form....though I always hope we are going to come out on top....!
Too many CCFC fans I know still think you are the bigger club,better team!!!
Yet our recent history says otherwise...Deluded fans is the problem at CCFC I mean you guys dont even play football!!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Long Season for Cardiff on 13:32 - Aug 19 with 1900 viewsHighjack

Long Season for Cardiff on 13:25 - Aug 19 by vetchonian

The face of the championshio is changing much more teams attempting to "play football" ...so you guys on your forums were right to predict a mid tabke finish especially given your transfer window dealings.

I never put much stay on the derby's as they dont often have much to do with form....though I always hope we are going to come out on top....!
Yet our recent history says otherwise...Deluded fans is the problem at CCFC I mean you guys dont even play football!!

It’s not just the championship either. Northampton tried to get the ball down and play through the lines and they’re languishing in league 2.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Long Season for Cardiff on 14:02 - Aug 19 with 1851 viewsBlue_Blood

Long Season for Cardiff on 13:25 - Aug 19 by vetchonian

I don't think a team recently being relegated believing they could finish mid table is arrogance, especially when the bookies and pundits are predicting they'll back up ffs!

What do want us to say? We'll finish rock bottom?

Take that chip off your shoulder.

I despise the brand of football we play. It was needs must when Warnock took over cos we sinking like a stone but those days are gone we expect to see a bit of progress as a club and a bit of long term planning.

That's not arrogance, it's just a bit of forward thinking.

I agree the championship has moved on and second row rugby players are unlikely to get you out of this division anymore.

You're a work in progress but at least you can see the shoot of recovery in you off the field appointments this summer. We are on a downward trajectory as far I'm concerned and Warnocks failure to adapt and address the midfield and full back issues will probably come back to bite us.
Long Season for Cardiff on 16:50 - Aug 19 with 1778 viewsvetchonian

Long Season for Cardiff on 14:02 - Aug 19 by Blue_Blood

I don't think a team recently being relegated believing they could finish mid table is arrogance, especially when the bookies and pundits are predicting they'll back up ffs!

What do want us to say? We'll finish rock bottom?

Take that chip off your shoulder.

I despise the brand of football we play. It was needs must when Warnock took over cos we sinking like a stone but those days are gone we expect to see a bit of progress as a club and a bit of long term planning.

That's not arrogance, it's just a bit of forward thinking.

I agree the championship has moved on and second row rugby players are unlikely to get you out of this division anymore.

You're a work in progress but at least you can see the shoot of recovery in you off the field appointments this summer. We are on a downward trajectory as far I'm concerned and Warnocks failure to adapt and address the midfield and full back issues will probably come back to bite us.

The cockiness is about most of your fans stating you would finish above us.
None of us fans would wnat to say that we would expect to finish rock bottom but the "arrogance" of some of the CCFC fan base is that you would finish above us this season....when for the majority of the last 10 years we have always finished above you.

We are rebuilding and maybe could have should have got into the play offs last season, Potter tinkered with the side ...and some of this being due to not having players available to play due to "contractual" issues we still managed a near top six finish.

This season has seen us potentially "strenghten" by making Baston ans Ayew available...wheter they are still here in January or even September only time will tell...but despite losing two key players from last season in James and Oliie we may be stronger this year.

Yes I have a chip on my shoulder mainly due to most of the CCFC fans I know who still have the arrogance to call CCFC the best football club in Wales....despite them being overshadowed by SCFC spending 7 seasons in the PL and for most of those playing attractive football whihc had the pundits purring...and winning a amjor trophy and a few victories in Europe as a result.
Still hanging on to 1927 and that night against Real Madrid....and because we are from the capital city!!!!

Take alook around the PL and see the links to SCFC from the last 10 years, take a look at international football too.....can the mighty CCFC say that!!
Lets hope neither of us find oursleves at the bottokm of this league falling out of it would be a disiaster

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Long Season for Cardiff on 17:55 - Aug 19 with 1701 viewsBlue_Blood

Long Season for Cardiff on 16:50 - Aug 19 by vetchonian

The cockiness is about most of your fans stating you would finish above us.
None of us fans would wnat to say that we would expect to finish rock bottom but the "arrogance" of some of the CCFC fan base is that you would finish above us this season....when for the majority of the last 10 years we have always finished above you.

We are rebuilding and maybe could have should have got into the play offs last season, Potter tinkered with the side ...and some of this being due to not having players available to play due to "contractual" issues we still managed a near top six finish.

This season has seen us potentially "strenghten" by making Baston ans Ayew available...wheter they are still here in January or even September only time will tell...but despite losing two key players from last season in James and Oliie we may be stronger this year.

Yes I have a chip on my shoulder mainly due to most of the CCFC fans I know who still have the arrogance to call CCFC the best football club in Wales....despite them being overshadowed by SCFC spending 7 seasons in the PL and for most of those playing attractive football whihc had the pundits purring...and winning a amjor trophy and a few victories in Europe as a result.
Still hanging on to 1927 and that night against Real Madrid....and because we are from the capital city!!!!

Take alook around the PL and see the links to SCFC from the last 10 years, take a look at international football too.....can the mighty CCFC say that!!
Lets hope neither of us find oursleves at the bottokm of this league falling out of it would be a disiaster

At the beginning of this season I think the perception of our fans was that you're a club in turmoil who having been sold up the river by Huw Jenkins and co were being fleeced by your American owners.

This is something echoed by large sections of your fan base so I think it's something that can be argued.

We came down and gave it a fair crack considering how much we spent and how much our budget was surpassed by other teams including Fulham who made a right pig's ear of it.

The belief was that we'd do a Burnley and slow build on last season's squad. The early signs were good and whilst you were selling Dan James and trying to sell anything that could be counted as an asset we were making relatively solid signings in Day, Nelson and Vaulks. We thought this was just the beginning and the failings of our midfield, full back and forward positions would soon be addressed too.

Fast forward a couple of months and we've failed to address any of our pressing issues and have been shown to be I'll prepared when it comes to our recruitment strategy whilst you have been working behind the scenes appointing a fresh new manager, Brendan Rodgers former number two at Liverpool, someone who worked as analyst under Guardiola, Andy Scott who has worked at Brentford and Watford who are clubs with good recruitment records and Martyn Margetson.

For the informed, any previous confidence started to wane and the nagging suspicions about the championship moving on in our absence have been realised in the last few weeks.

Obviously you've had a better recent history than us and you caused a bit of stir for the first few year after being promoted but we're a club who can't help screwing up every time and opportunity presents itself.

Do I think you've outdone us in the last ten years? Of course.

Do I think we have more potential to kick on if we actually has a vision as a football club? The answer to this would be yes too.
Long Season for Cardiff on 18:19 - Aug 19 with 1666 viewspencoedjack

Boll0cks

You were harping on about how you were buying top championship players when you went up for another short stay at the top table.

The majority of Cardiff fans thought top 6 at least this season claiming Colin was the messiah of the championship
Long Season for Cardiff on 18:34 - Aug 19 with 1650 viewsBlue_Blood

Long Season for Cardiff on 18:19 - Aug 19 by pencoedjack

Boll0cks

You were harping on about how you were buying top championship players when you went up for another short stay at the top table.

The majority of Cardiff fans thought top 6 at least this season claiming Colin was the messiah of the championship

You're a charmer fair play
Long Season for Cardiff on 18:42 - Aug 19 with 1633 viewsGlyn1

[Cardiff] fans thinking that they'll finish above [Swansea]. That's being cocky.
[Swansea] fans thinking that they'll finish above [Cardiff]. That's being realistic.
Simples.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Long Season for Cardiff on 20:35 - Aug 19 with 1571 viewsBluebird

Long Season for Cardiff on 18:19 - Aug 19 by pencoedjack

Boll0cks

I still believe we will be in the top 6 at the end of the season.
Derby double?? Yes i think we will do it but i think this season there will be no derby draw
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024