Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Borja - He Stays 16:01 - Aug 18 with 7736 viewsMagic_Michu

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-citys-borja-b

"Two years ago I couldn't show my qualities, now I will," Borja said.

"I am happy in Swansea, I am playing, I score goals and I don't have to say any more... I am going to stay.

"I'm enjoying it a lot and I hope the fans are enjoying it with me. The fans are amazing, I think they are some of the best fans in the Championship."

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Borja - He Stays on 16:10 - Aug 18 with 5432 viewsSwansea93

As expected anyway, great news that he's staying he's playing well let's hope he keeps it up.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Borja - He Stays on 16:16 - Aug 18 with 5380 viewsjackrmee

I'm glad to hear he's staying for now.

That article came across as very "me me me" though.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Borja - He Stays on 16:28 - Aug 18 with 5301 viewsFireboy2

Borja - He Stays on 16:16 - Aug 18 by jackrmee

I'm glad to hear he's staying for now.

That article came across as very "me me me" though.

To me it comes across as hes very happy at last

As we all know good strikers are selfish Doc
Borja - He Stays on 16:39 - Aug 18 with 5242 viewsMrSwerve

Hope he has a great season, but not so good that people come sniffing in January!

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Borja - He Stays on 16:52 - Aug 18 with 5182 viewsFireboy2

Borja - He Stays on 16:39 - Aug 18 by MrSwerve

Hope he has a great season, but not so good that people come sniffing in January!

Double edged sword Mr S.

If teams are interested in him come january then we will probably be in the top 6 and that will test the resolve of our owners.
Borja - He Stays on 16:55 - Aug 18 with 5159 viewsjacks777

We need him. End of.
Borja - He Stays on 17:03 - Aug 18 with 5118 viewsGeoffThom

For the time he's been here ,people kept saying he's crap, but when you asked them how often have you seen him play, the answer was always the same
Oh I haven't really, none of us really saw him play which always puzzled me
So let's see how he really gets on after a good run of games eh?
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 17:05]
Borja - He Stays on 17:26 - Aug 18 with 5020 viewsjasper_T

Borja - He Stays on 17:03 - Aug 18 by GeoffThom

For the time he's been here ,people kept saying he's crap, but when you asked them how often have you seen him play, the answer was always the same

He always had quiet games when his Spanish teams were on TV. Don't think I ever saw him get more than 3 or 4 touches a half.
Login to get fewer ads

Borja - He Stays on 17:27 - Aug 18 with 5015 viewsicecoldjack

Brad bobbly had a knack of making all our players look crap, let’s sign a Fox in the box type striker and play him on the wing is it Bob ?

He never had a chance and was totally never going to fit how we were playing our football back then, anyway, hope he scores loads and does well, not his fault he signed for a basket case club a few years back.
Borja - He Stays on 17:55 - Aug 18 with 4911 viewsJonathans_coat

Borja - He Stays on 17:03 - Aug 18 by GeoffThom

Looked out of his depth in the PL, but we really struggled that year, and under Bradley we were plain awful. It wasn’t the best environment for him to shine.

He is a different sort of player than we have had recently up front, a “poacher”. He isn’t going to run himself into the ground like Michu and McBurnie, and he isn’t going to beat many with his dribbling skills a la Trundle. We are going to have to pick him out with crosses into the box and trust his instincts to find space and finish.

All 3 of our goals yesterday came from crosses into the box to Borja, even Byers goal came from Borjas blocked shot from Celina's low cross.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 17:56]
Borja - He Stays on 17:59 - Aug 18 with 4881 viewsTheFranchise

Borja was bought like a few others to play a system we didn't play anymore. We spent a few years buying nice footballers even though we threw that away under Monk.

I think he'd have been effective in the PL under Rogers or Laudrup.
Borja - He Stays on 18:08 - Aug 18 with 4850 viewsGeoffThom

Borja - He Stays on 17:55 - Aug 18 by Jonathans_coat

Looked out of his depth in the PL, but we really struggled that year, and under Bradley we were plain awful. It wasn’t the best environment for him to shine.

He is a different sort of player than we have had recently up front, a “poacher”. He isn’t going to run himself into the ground like Michu and McBurnie, and he isn’t going to beat many with his dribbling skills a la Trundle. We are going to have to pick him out with crosses into the box and trust his instincts to find space and finish.

All 3 of our goals yesterday came from crosses into the box to Borja, even Byers goal came from Borjas blocked shot from Celina's low cross.

You say he lpoked out of his depth?
I still ask how many prem games did he start
And how many did anyone see him play
The answer is hardly any ,and hardly anyone saw him
Borja - He Stays on 18:16 - Aug 18 with 4803 viewsGaryjack

Borja - He Stays on 18:08 - Aug 18 by GeoffThom

He started 4 games, and another 13 from the bench, sufficient enough time to make a judgement on whether or not he was good enough to play in the Premier league i would say.
Borja - He Stays on 18:25 - Aug 18 with 4756 viewsJonathans_coat

Borja - He Stays on 18:08 - Aug 18 by GeoffThom

He started about 5, and made about 15 appearances off the bench. He didn’t look comfortable at any point that season. He wasn’t strong enough on the ball, and his close control was nowhere near the level needed for the role we wanted him to play. I saw all his home and 2 (I think) away appearances live and all the others on the tele. It was tough watching us at the time, especially under Bob. The players seemed to be playing with no real plan or system, we were utterly shapeless.

The main problem was the way we were playing at the time. The team was playing badly in general anyway, creating very few chances. But we tried to use him like Bony, to hold up the ball and bring others into play, and that was never going to go well.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2019 18:25]
Borja - He Stays on 18:28 - Aug 18 with 4732 viewsjasper_T

Borja - He Stays on 17:55 - Aug 18 by Jonathans_coat

What Borja are you watching that isn't running himself into the ground, especially relative to Michu?

Less flash dribbles than Oli. Better and stronger hold up play. Better runs to stretch defences. Otherwise similar players.
Borja - He Stays on 18:36 - Aug 18 with 4689 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Borja - He Stays on 17:27 - Aug 18 by icecoldjack

Brad bobbly had a knack of making all our players look crap, let’s sign a Fox in the box type striker and play him on the wing is it Bob ?

He never had a chance and was totally never going to fit how we were playing our football back then, anyway, hope he scores loads and does well, not his fault he signed for a basket case club a few years back.

Did he even appear on the pitch under Bobbly? If I recall correctly, I thought his few appearances were mostly under Guidolin at the beginning of the season.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Borja - He Stays on 18:40 - Aug 18 with 4659 viewsThrasher6

Borja - He Stays on 18:28 - Aug 18 by jasper_T

What Borja are you watching that isn't running himself into the ground, especially relative to Michu?

Less flash dribbles than Oli. Better and stronger hold up play. Better runs to stretch defences. Otherwise similar players.

Agree here...he's been working hard obviously but I also think the pressure is off him. The Premier League...his transfer fee....expectation. This sort of stuff can mentally affect a striker...especially when he didn't make that initial impact. He's good. You can see that he has relaxed and his talent is coming through. That header was something else...putting that away like he did....says it all for me

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Borja - He Stays on 19:17 - Aug 18 with 4536 viewsFlashberryjack

Borja - He Stays on 16:39 - Aug 18 by MrSwerve

Hope he has a fantastic season, then Real Madrid want to buy him for ££££££££££££ and we'll have some money to spend as we start our second stint in the PL.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Borja - He Stays on 19:22 - Aug 18 with 4522 viewsblackpooljack

Borja - He Stays on 18:36 - Aug 18 by Tummer_from_Texas

Did he even appear on the pitch under Bobbly? If I recall correctly, I thought his few appearances were mostly under Guidolin at the beginning of the season.

He scored his only goal in Bob's first game in charge
Borja - He Stays on 20:28 - Aug 18 with 4340 viewsFireboy2

Borja - He Stays on 18:28 - Aug 18 by jasper_T

Agreed, in my limited time watching him this season he is far more intelligent than mcsocks, he saves energy by not doing too much running and he attacks the box cleverly hence his 2 goals and his fluff ended up in the path of byers who despatched it brilliantly.

Theres alot more to see from this guy.
Borja - He Stays on 20:32 - Aug 18 with 4323 viewskrunchykarrot

Hes a CF who makes good runs in behind when required, or show to hold? Looks like he has some confidence growing, a bit surprised he was hooked.
Borja - He Stays on 20:37 - Aug 18 with 4294 viewsGaryjack

Borja - He Stays on 20:32 - Aug 18 by krunchykarrot

Hes a CF who makes good runs in behind when required, or show to hold? Looks like he has some confidence growing, a bit surprised he was hooked.

You were doing ok until .....'hooked'!
Borja - He Stays on 21:00 - Aug 18 with 4231 viewsJFSwan

He never got any decent amount of minute first time around , mainly because Llorente was incredible.
Borja - He Stays on 21:20 - Aug 18 with 4158 viewsGaryjack

Borja - He Stays on 21:00 - Aug 18 by JFSwan

He never got any decent amount of minute first time around , mainly because Llorente was incredible.

That's a bit of a myth isn't it. Up until Llorente got his brace in late November against Palace, they both had a goal apeice, yet by then Borja had more or less been sidelined.
Borja - He Stays on 21:24 - Aug 18 with 4133 viewsbiggar

Pretty sure he started along with Llorente in that disastrous home match against Man Utd under Bradley.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024