Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Borja - He Stays 16:01 - Aug 18 with 7598 viewsMagic_Michu

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-citys-borja-b

"Two years ago I couldn't show my qualities, now I will," Borja said.

"I am happy in Swansea, I am playing, I score goals and I don't have to say any more... I am going to stay.

"I'm enjoying it a lot and I hope the fans are enjoying it with me. The fans are amazing, I think they are some of the best fans in the Championship."

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Borja - He Stays on 21:44 - Aug 18 with 2199 viewsgrabsplatter

Borja - He Stays on 21:24 - Aug 18 by biggar

Pretty sure he started along with Llorente in that disastrous home match against Man Utd under Bradley.

I remember him coming on as a sub at Spurs, Bradley put him on the wing 🙄
Borja - He Stays on 23:01 - Aug 18 with 2071 viewsjasper_T

Borja - He Stays on 20:32 - Aug 18 by krunchykarrot

Hes a CF who makes good runs in behind when required, or show to hold? Looks like he has some confidence growing, a bit surprised he was hooked.

I was a strange one in the context of the game but Cooper wants his signing to get minutes I suppose.
Borja - He Stays on 00:34 - Aug 19 with 1988 viewsNotLoyal

Borja - He Stays on 18:28 - Aug 18 by jasper_T

What Borja are you watching that isn't running himself into the ground, especially relative to Michu?

Less flash dribbles than Oli. Better and stronger hold up play. Better runs to stretch defences. Otherwise similar players.

Borja and Michu should never be mentioned in the same post.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Borja - He Stays on 05:44 - Aug 19 with 1933 viewsjackal

Borja - He Stays on 16:52 - Aug 18 by Fireboy2

Double edged sword Mr S.

If teams are interested in him come january then we will probably be in the top 6 and that will test the resolve of our owners.

The only resolve our owners have is to cash in.
Borja - He Stays on 07:16 - Aug 19 with 1866 viewsLuther27

Good news. Let's not knock it as its a positive, and we haven't had many of those.
Borja - He Stays on 07:53 - Aug 19 with 1829 viewsJFSwan

Borja - He Stays on 21:20 - Aug 18 by Garyjack

That's a bit of a myth isn't it. Up until Llorente got his brace in late November against Palace, they both had a goal apeice, yet by then Borja had more or less been sidelined.

I wasnt basing it on goals, llorente brought many other things with his performances. As do many strikers.
Borja - He Stays on 08:35 - Aug 19 with 1781 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Borja - He Stays on 05:44 - Aug 19 by jackal

Another negative tw*t I see. By “cashing in” on McBurnie and James we’ve enabled ourselves to play a 15 million plus striker who’s on a goal a game and Ayew who looks so superior at the moment that he’s arguably the best player in the Championship. So I take it that’s a bad outcome then? At least qualify your statement.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Borja - He Stays on 08:54 - Aug 19 with 1759 viewsFireboy2

Borja - He Stays on 05:44 - Aug 19 by jackal

Thats what I mean.

If anyone of our players are playing well and are a target our inglorious b@stards will have dollar signs in their eyes.

One good thing we have is birch, if we are riding high im hoping he will 'advise' them to buy rather than sell.
Login to get fewer ads

Borja - He Stays on 10:09 - Aug 19 with 1661 viewsjackal

Borja - He Stays on 08:35 - Aug 19 by Brynmill_Jack

Another negative tw*t I see. By “cashing in” on McBurnie and James we’ve enabled ourselves to play a 15 million plus striker who’s on a goal a game and Ayew who looks so superior at the moment that he’s arguably the best player in the Championship. So I take it that’s a bad outcome then? At least qualify your statement.

If McBurnie and James were the only ones sold I would still be p*ssed off.

The McB and James cash didn;t buy Baston. Premier League cash did.

We've got Ayew and Baston because no one wants them. The owners would love to cash in, Tw*t!
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 10:12]
Borja - He Stays on 10:31 - Aug 19 with 1634 viewsJackSomething

Borja - He Stays on 17:59 - Aug 18 by TheFranchise

Borja was bought like a few others to play a system we didn't play anymore. We spent a few years buying nice footballers even though we threw that away under Monk.

I think he'd have been effective in the PL under Rogers or Laudrup.

Agreed. Does Danny Graham have any attributes that Borja doesn't? He was a pretty effective striker for us for a season and a half in the PL and he wasn't a particularly great player, but he worked in our system.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Borja - He Stays on 10:34 - Aug 19 with 1629 viewsKGriz16

Borja - He Stays on 21:24 - Aug 18 by biggar

Pretty sure he started along with Llorente in that disastrous home match against Man Utd under Bradley.

Lol was that the match Mesa was taking 54 steps for Pogbas 1 whilst chasing back. Awful match to watch.
Borja - He Stays on 10:39 - Aug 19 with 1618 viewsjasper_T

Borja - He Stays on 10:31 - Aug 19 by JackSomething

Agreed. Does Danny Graham have any attributes that Borja doesn't? He was a pretty effective striker for us for a season and a half in the PL and he wasn't a particularly great player, but he worked in our system.

Danny Graham would drink Borja under the table.
Borja - He Stays on 11:08 - Aug 19 with 1564 viewsJackSomething

Borja - He Stays on 10:39 - Aug 19 by jasper_T

Danny Graham would drink Borja under the table.

Point. Perhaps I should have said 'on pitch attributes'.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Borja - He Stays on 13:48 - Aug 19 with 1416 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Borja - He Stays on 10:09 - Aug 19 by jackal

If McBurnie and James were the only ones sold I would still be p*ssed off.

The McB and James cash didn;t buy Baston. Premier League cash did.

We've got Ayew and Baston because no one wants them. The owners would love to cash in, Tw*t!
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 10:12]

Exactly you big f*cking orb! Nobody wants them and after selling two ex youth products for nigh on£40 million we can now absorb their wage costs. Like I said Borja banging them in and Ayew looking like he’ll destroy the division without breaking sweat. I still can’t see the downside, if these both perform to this level until January we’ll be top and Ayew’s price and stock would rise, so not only would we get his wages off the books we’d get money for reinforcements
Think man!

Borja - He Stays on 13:55 - Aug 19 with 1394 viewsjackal

Borja - He Stays on 13:48 - Aug 19 by Brynmill_Jack

Exactly you big f*cking orb! Nobody wants them and after selling two ex youth products for nigh on£40 million we can now absorb their wage costs. Like I said Borja banging them in and Ayew looking like he’ll destroy the division without breaking sweat. I still can’t see the downside, if these both perform to this level until January we’ll be top and Ayew’s price and stock would rise, so not only would we get his wages off the books we’d get money for reinforcements
Think man!

Ok you f*cking pr*ck.

So Ayew and Baston get us to the top and then we cash in on them in January. Where do we go from there?

You think. genius.

If they are good enough to get us to the top i January why not keep them to get us up. Surely any owners would gamble on that.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 14:07]
Borja - He Stays on 13:56 - Aug 19 with 1390 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Good player, has anyone told the owners he's staying though?
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 13:59]
Borja - He Stays on 17:27 - Aug 19 with 1293 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Borja - He Stays on 13:55 - Aug 19 by jackal

Ok you f*cking pr*ck.

So Ayew and Baston get us to the top and then we cash in on them in January. Where do we go from there?

You think. genius.

If they are good enough to get us to the top i January why not keep them to get us up. Surely any owners would gamble on that.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 14:07]

I’m not advocating they sell them!

You’re the glass (not even half) empty numpty. Some people can’t help but moan about things that haven’t happened but they know for sure they will.

Do you think they’re draining us of cash or covering our (f*cking massive) liabilities?

Even if Ayew is sold (Baston won’t command a fee with 6 months left on his contract come January) - do you definitely think we won’t replace him?

Borja - He Stays on 17:50 - Aug 19 with 1250 viewsjackal

Borja - He Stays on 17:27 - Aug 19 by Brynmill_Jack

I’m not advocating they sell them!

You’re the glass (not even half) empty numpty. Some people can’t help but moan about things that haven’t happened but they know for sure they will.

Do you think they’re draining us of cash or covering our (f*cking massive) liabilities?

Even if Ayew is sold (Baston won’t command a fee with 6 months left on his contract come January) - do you definitely think we won’t replace him?

Keeping Ayew and Baston would be a drain on resources, but if we get to the Prem then it would be worth it. You said they were good enough to do it. I agree with that by the way.

Do you honestly think our owners would replace them with someone equally good? Especially in the inflated January market.

You insulted me because I said the owners were cashing in. Do you genuinely believe that they're not?
Borja - He Stays on 21:30 - Aug 19 with 1136 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Borja - He Stays on 17:50 - Aug 19 by jackal

Keeping Ayew and Baston would be a drain on resources, but if we get to the Prem then it would be worth it. You said they were good enough to do it. I agree with that by the way.

Do you honestly think our owners would replace them with someone equally good? Especially in the inflated January market.

You insulted me because I said the owners were cashing in. Do you genuinely believe that they're not?

No, I sincerely don’t believe they’re cashing in. They’ve been left a big void in our finances by Huw big nose handing out ridiculous contracts but instead of doing a Petty they’ve brought in Birch to steady the ship. I can’t fault him so far, although itchy certainly can.

The only way they’ll cash on is by is getting promoted. The club will be far more saleable then.

Borja - He Stays on 08:07 - Aug 20 with 1027 viewsjackrmee

Borja - He Stays on 17:50 - Aug 19 by jackal

We can't afford to replace a striker that's banging in the goals.
If Borja does well and is sold in January, we will not replace him with someone equally good. That would mean spending tens of millions. We would probably get someone in on loan, or buy a cheaper, young player.

This is going to be our policy. It doesn't mean our owners are cashing in.
They would be doing so, to free up the high wages Borja is on in order to keep our club safe. This has been the plan since we got relegated.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024