Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Owen Jones gets filled in 20:45 - Aug 18 with 15911 viewsDarran

I can’t fućking stand the prick.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/aug/18/owen-jones-attackers-targeted-me

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Owen Jones gets filled in on 20:52 - Aug 18 with 5107 viewsbluey_the_blue

Without him hearing anything said, he knows they are far right. Have to be, after all, everyone else loves him.
Owen Jones gets filled in on 20:52 - Aug 18 with 5109 viewsFireboy2

Why?
Owen Jones gets filled in on 20:54 - Aug 18 with 5098 viewsexiledclaseboy

Owen Jones gets filled in on 20:52 - Aug 18 by bluey_the_blue

Without him hearing anything said, he knows they are far right. Have to be, after all, everyone else loves him.

It’s not an unreasonable assumption though is it?

Poll: Tory leader

Owen Jones gets filled in on 20:56 - Aug 18 with 5062 viewsjacks777

Owen Jones gets filled in on 20:54 - Aug 18 by exiledclaseboy

He can assume what he wants. And as they say “don’t let the facts get in the way of a good story”.
Owen Jones gets filled in on 20:57 - Aug 18 with 5061 viewsFireboy2

I like how the fvcking shite sun has said 'alleged attack'

That doesnt surprise me from that rag.
Owen Jones gets filled in on 21:00 - Aug 18 with 5038 viewsDarran

Horrible weasley bloke.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Owen Jones gets filled in on 21:00 - Aug 18 with 5032 viewsjacks777

Owen Jones gets filled in on 20:57 - Aug 18 by Fireboy2

Well has it been proven that he was actually attacked ?
Owen Jones gets filled in on 21:01 - Aug 18 with 5019 viewsbluey_the_blue

Well, let's see. He and his echo chamber believe there was chatter football hoolies were going to "get him". So they hang around until 4am - presumably staying sober in the process of waiting to "get him".

Jones admits not hearing anything that was said but leaps to the conclusion it must be far right;he couldn't possibly be an utter cockwomble and done anything that could have triggered it whatosever. It couldn't possibly be a random attack; no, everyone assaulted after a night out has to be attacked based upon their political leanings.

Jones has gone public with a massive assumption that happens to back his agenda, funnily enough.

All he needed to do was confirm an incident happened, it was being dealt with by police. Instead, runs to social media, appears on TV that it's the far right with zero evidence.

If say Yaxley-Lennon was assaulted in similar circumstances, I doubt many would blame it on the far left?
Login to get fewer ads

Owen Jones gets filled in on 21:03 - Aug 18 with 5003 viewsbluey_the_blue

Owen Jones gets filled in on 20:57 - Aug 18 by Fireboy2

That's because at this point in time, all it is is an alleged attack.

An allegation has been made to police. Police investigate, could caution or pass onto CPS to determine if charges to be brought.

Sun's reporting in those terms is perfectly correct.
Owen Jones gets filled in on 21:04 - Aug 18 with 4999 viewsbryncochjack

Owen Jones gets filled in on 21:00 - Aug 18 by jacks777

Well has it been proven that he was actually attacked ?

As Jeremy and Shami have already decided it was a heinous crime who are we to disagree?
Owen Jones gets filled in on 21:04 - Aug 18 with 4995 viewsmajorraglan

If he’s been targeted because he’s a journalist and on account of his political beliefs, then its a bad day for democracy and Jeremy Corbyn’s comment about it being an attack on free speech and our fundamental values is right.
Freedom of speech is sacred.
Owen Jones gets filled in on 21:06 - Aug 18 with 4977 viewsFlashberryjack

Yes it is.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Owen Jones gets filled in on 21:06 - Aug 18 with 4969 viewsjacks777

Owen Jones gets filled in on 21:04 - Aug 18 by bryncochjack

As Jeremy and Shami have already decided it was a heinous crime who are we to disagree?

That’s true. They go very quiet when someone gets stabbed in London though.
Owen Jones gets filled in on 21:07 - Aug 18 with 4956 viewsbluey_the_blue

Owen Jones gets filled in on 21:04 - Aug 18 by majorraglan

If he’s been targeted because he’s a journalist and on account of his political beliefs, then its a bad day for democracy and Jeremy Corbyn’s comment about it being an attack on free speech and our fundamental values is right.

He's not a journalist.

He's an opinion writer.

Big difference.

Freedom of speech is sacred, sure. I can't quit remember similar comments by Corbyn when Squealer was attacked at a Tory conference a few years ago by far left thugs who thought he was a Tory delegate.
Owen Jones gets filled in on 21:07 - Aug 18 with 4952 viewsexiledclaseboy

Owen Jones gets filled in on 21:01 - Aug 18 by bluey_the_blue

Well, let's see. He and his echo chamber believe there was chatter football hoolies were going to "get him". So they hang around until 4am - presumably staying sober in the process of waiting to "get him".

Jones admits not hearing anything that was said but leaps to the conclusion it must be far right;he couldn't possibly be an utter cockwomble and done anything that could have triggered it whatosever. It couldn't possibly be a random attack; no, everyone assaulted after a night out has to be attacked based upon their political leanings.

Jones has gone public with a massive assumption that happens to back his agenda, funnily enough.

All he needed to do was confirm an incident happened, it was being dealt with by police. Instead, runs to social media, appears on TV that it's the far right with zero evidence.

If say Yaxley-Lennon was assaulted in similar circumstances, I doubt many would blame it on the far left?

Oh I think many would. And that also wouldn’t be an unreasonable assumption.

Owen Jones gets filled in on 21:08 - Aug 18 with 4943 viewsexiledclaseboy

Owen Jones gets filled in on 21:06 - Aug 18 by Flashberryjack

Yes it is.

Why?

Owen Jones gets filled in on 21:08 - Aug 18 with 4933 viewsjacks777

Owen Jones gets filled in on 21:04 - Aug 18 by majorraglan

Unless you support Brexit.
Owen Jones gets filled in on 21:09 - Aug 18 with 4924 viewsYossarian

He turned up on the telly this morning without a mark....but apparently attacked and kicked in the head by a bunch of thugs......

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Owen Jones gets filled in on 21:13 - Aug 18 with 4886 viewsSwanjaxs

Violence isn't to be condoned in any circumstance in my honest opinion...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Owen Jones gets filled in on 21:13 - Aug 18 with 4884 viewsbluey_the_blue

Owen Jones gets filled in on 21:07 - Aug 18 by exiledclaseboy

Oh I think many would. And that also wouldn’t be an unreasonable assumption.

I suspect many would think Yaxley-Lennon got his comeuppance more than anything tbh.

There's an ongoing police investigation into the alleged assault on Jones. Claiming it to be the work of far right, despite admitting he didn't anyone say anything isn't exactly helpful.

There are many assaults that go on after nights out. I'd suggest the overwhelming majority aren't politically related, so jumping to the conclusion this must be is silly. Jones using the media to give a narrative that may or may not be true doesn't help the investigation.
Owen Jones gets filled in on 21:16 - Aug 18 with 4867 viewsexiledclaseboy

Owen Jones gets filled in on 21:13 - Aug 18 by bluey_the_blue

I suspect many would think Yaxley-Lennon got his comeuppance more than anything tbh.

There's an ongoing police investigation into the alleged assault on Jones. Claiming it to be the work of far right, despite admitting he didn't anyone say anything isn't exactly helpful.

There are many assaults that go on after nights out. I'd suggest the overwhelming majority aren't politically related, so jumping to the conclusion this must be is silly. Jones using the media to give a narrative that may or may not be true doesn't help the investigation.

And you don’t think that many people aren’t smiling at the thought of Jones getting a tuning and thinking that he’s getting his comeuppance?

Owen Jones gets filled in on 21:17 - Aug 18 with 4850 viewsbluey_the_blue

Owen Jones gets filled in on 21:16 - Aug 18 by exiledclaseboy

And you don’t think that many people aren’t smiling at the thought of Jones getting a tuning and thinking that he’s getting his comeuppance?

I couldn't possibly comment on that one. Not that he appeared to have got a tuning, certainly no medical treatment was needed.

Just a few things seem a bit off about it to me that don't match his tweets. Still, police will investigate.
Owen Jones gets filled in on 21:18 - Aug 18 with 4850 viewsLohengrin

Given the sclerotic, wildly sectarian nature of the left it’s just as likely he’s raised the ire of any number of them. Who knows? Who cares?

Then again given it was chucking out time at an Islington gay bar perhaps his outfit clashed with somebody on the other table?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Owen Jones gets filled in on 21:21 - Aug 18 with 4825 viewsbluey_the_blue

Owen Jones gets filled in on 21:18 - Aug 18 by Lohengrin

Given the sclerotic, wildly sectarian nature of the left it’s just as likely he’s raised the ire of any number of them. Who knows? Who cares?

Then again given it was chucking out time at an Islington gay bar perhaps his outfit clashed with somebody on the other table?

Guardian night out.

Owen Jones gets filled in on 21:21 - Aug 18 with 4818 viewsSwanjaxs

Owen Jones gets filled in on 21:18 - Aug 18 by Lohengrin

I genuinely laughed out loud at that last sentence mate 👍😂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024