Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Agent Williams gone to the Wurzels... 23:13 - Aug 18 with 3287 viewsThrasher6

Nice....that'll hamper any promotion challenge...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Agent Williams gone to the Wurzels... on 14:07 - Aug 19 with 2963 viewsPegojack

Dropping down a league he might just hack it for a season, but with his threepenny bit head and his growing tendency to make bloopers, not a player I'd want in a Swans shirt any more.

A great servant in his day... but fvck 'im.
Agent Williams gone to the Wurzels... on 14:17 - Aug 19 with 2917 viewsicecoldjack

Yep he's done, had a great career, especially with us, though having his agent constantly holding the club to ransom and some berty big balls attitude meant it wasn't all tears when he left .

I think he was one of the very few players the club sold and got maximum coin for at exactly the right time.

We knew his best days had gone, thankfully he his agent and Everton didn't :)
Agent Williams gone to the Wurzels... on 14:37 - Aug 19 with 2867 viewsJacket

Agent Williams gone to the Wurzels... on 14:17 - Aug 19 by icecoldjack

Yep he's done, had a great career, especially with us, though having his agent constantly holding the club to ransom and some berty big balls attitude meant it wasn't all tears when he left .

I think he was one of the very few players the club sold and got maximum coin for at exactly the right time.

We knew his best days had gone, thankfully he his agent and Everton didn't :)

One of the few decisions Huw got exactly right, though judging by the expansion to the size of Ash's head during the Euros he probably forced the move through.

The period since the Euros hasn't been kind to many, Ash, Ledley, Gunter or for that matter Joe and Bale. You could add Robson Kanu, but he was shite before and after the Euros and managed to squeeze all the best bits of his career into just under four weeks.
Agent Williams gone to the Wurzels... on 15:18 - Aug 19 with 2758 viewsGlyn1

He was available on a free transfer, and I see that Michel Vorm is as well, and I'm surprised he hasn't found a club yet. Speaking of our ex-keepers, whatever happened to Tremmel, is he still working for Swansea?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Agent Williams gone to the Wurzels... on 15:25 - Aug 19 with 2727 viewsJacket

Agent Williams gone to the Wurzels... on 15:18 - Aug 19 by Glyn1

He was available on a free transfer, and I see that Michel Vorm is as well, and I'm surprised he hasn't found a club yet. Speaking of our ex-keepers, whatever happened to Tremmel, is he still working for Swansea?

Thought he left when Potter brought in his signings guru.
Agent Williams gone to the Wurzels... on 16:57 - Aug 19 with 2553 viewsjacks777

Can’t understand why he gets so much criticism from a small number of Swansea fans.
One of the all time Swansea greats.
Agent Williams gone to the Wurzels... on 16:59 - Aug 19 with 2548 viewsjacks777

Agent Williams gone to the Wurzels... on 14:37 - Aug 19 by Jacket

One of the few decisions Huw got exactly right, though judging by the expansion to the size of Ash's head during the Euros he probably forced the move through.

The period since the Euros hasn't been kind to many, Ash, Ledley, Gunter or for that matter Joe and Bale. You could add Robson Kanu, but he was shite before and after the Euros and managed to squeeze all the best bits of his career into just under four weeks.

How was selling Williams a correct decision ? We never got relegated with him in the team.
Agent Williams gone to the Wurzels... on 17:33 - Aug 19 with 2459 viewskrunchykarrot

Agent Williams gone to the Wurzels... on 16:57 - Aug 19 by jacks777

Can’t understand why he gets so much criticism from a small number of Swansea fans.

All time great is stretching it a bit, he has been a good servant for the club stayed a season or two too long in my opinion.
Login to get fewer ads

Agent Williams gone to the Wurzels... on 17:41 - Aug 19 with 2433 viewsjacks777

Agent Williams gone to the Wurzels... on 17:33 - Aug 19 by krunchykarrot

All time great is stretching it a bit, he has been a good servant for the club stayed a season or two too long in my opinion.

No it’s not. A Swansea great without doubt.
£400,000 from Stockport - fantastic signing.
Agent Williams gone to the Wurzels... on 18:24 - Aug 19 with 2366 viewsicecoldjack

Probably because while a good player he always thought himself bigger than the club that made him .

Did well for us but we did well for him too, he was always awful after every single international game, yet insisted he was never tired. Probably didn't want to miss out on appearance money.

Grab grab grab .
Agent Williams gone to the Wurzels... on 18:38 - Aug 19 with 2334 viewspencoedjack

I concur
Agent Williams gone to the Wurzels... on 08:55 - Aug 21 with 1895 viewsraynor94

Left out of the Wales squad for next month

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Agent Williams gone to the Wurzels... on 10:35 - Aug 21 with 1788 viewsswancity

Agent Williams gone to the Wurzels... on 17:33 - Aug 19 by krunchykarrot

Not stretching anything

One of the best centre backs to have ever played for the Club with incredible consistency over a sustained period he has undoubtedly played a huge and inspirational part in arguably the best period in the history of the club.

Obviously a couple of seasons past his best period but wish him well in the final season or two of a great career that started well down the league pyramid system. A great story of how hard work, determination and self belief can help
achieve things.

Note: hard work ....determination ....self belief.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Agent Williams gone to the Wurzels... on 10:37 - Aug 21 with 1782 viewsNotLoyal

Tremmel ?😅

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Agent Williams gone to the Wurzels... on 11:21 - Aug 21 with 1732 viewsGlyn1

Agent Williams gone to the Wurzels... on 10:37 - Aug 21 by NotLoyal

Tremmel ?😅

Agent Williams gone to the Wurzels... on 11:30 - Aug 21 with 1718 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Giggs announced this morning that Ash won't be in the Wales squad for the next pair of Euro qualifying matches in September. But Rodon will.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Agent Williams gone to the Wurzels... on 12:37 - Aug 21 with 1637 viewskrunchykarrot

Agent Williams gone to the Wurzels... on 10:35 - Aug 21 by swancity

Not stretching anything

One of the best centre backs to have ever played for the Club with incredible consistency over a sustained period he has undoubtedly played a huge and inspirational part in arguably the best period in the history of the club.

Obviously a couple of seasons past his best period but wish him well in the final season or two of a great career that started well down the league pyramid system. A great story of how hard work, determination and self belief can help
achieve things.

Note: hard work ....determination ....self belief.

"One of the best centre backs to have ever played for the Club" wouldnt be in my Swans dream team or reserves. Good player great servant.
Agent Williams gone to the Wurzels... on 13:25 - Aug 21 with 1574 viewsWandererJack

Game of opinions but he was outstanding for us. A great, no doubt.
Agent Williams gone to the Wurzels... on 13:39 - Aug 21 with 1554 viewskrunchykarrot

Agent Williams gone to the Wurzels... on 13:25 - Aug 21 by WandererJack

Game of opinions but he was outstanding for us. A great, no doubt.

That's what makes it a great game. You say Messi i say Ronaldo.
Agent Williams gone to the Wurzels... on 14:06 - Aug 21 with 1511 viewsmonmouth

Williams was fantastic for us on the pitch, and O can't understand anyone that thinks otherwise. Same as Dyer and Routledge. Should all be held in huge regard.

Off the pitch, he and Monk had too much influence and that is solely down to Jenkins. Oh, and Jenkins wanted him to stay when he wanted out, so don't go giving credit there. He should have been sold when Laudrup and Tutu wanted him and Monk out. That was absolutely the turning point in our fortunes.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Agent Williams gone to the Wurzels... on 15:47 - Aug 22 with 1145 viewsJacket

He was excellent for us. Even though he did throw in a couple of absolute clangers in his last two seasons at the club, his organisation of the defence and his communication at the back was second to none. PYou could argue he should have gone two seasons earlier, but his stock and value were higher in 2016 on the back of the Euros.

The point was always going to come where his deteriorating ability was going to nullify his organizational and communication skills on the pitch. That point was reached in Everton, not here. Played decently for Wales v Croatia, but he no longer has the consistency to deliver the goods week in week out at club level.
Agent Williams gone to the Wurzels... on 15:59 - Aug 22 with 1116 viewsGlyn1

Agent Williams gone to the Wurzels... on 15:47 - Aug 22 by Jacket

He was excellent for us. Even though he did throw in a couple of absolute clangers in his last two seasons at the club, his organisation of the defence and his communication at the back was second to none. PYou could argue he should have gone two seasons earlier, but his stock and value were higher in 2016 on the back of the Euros.

The point was always going to come where his deteriorating ability was going to nullify his organizational and communication skills on the pitch. That point was reached in Everton, not here. Played decently for Wales v Croatia, but he no longer has the consistency to deliver the goods week in week out at club level.

he no longer has the consistency to deliver the goods week in week out at club level.

But it's interesting that Bristol disagree. I wouldn't have him back here but he could do a very good job organising their defence. Could do well for them.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2019 16:00]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024