Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we'd had Chinese owners instead of Yanks. 18:15 - Aug 19 with 2825 viewsUplandsJack

Watching sky sports PL now and they have documentary about Wolves trip to China to forfill owner obligations etc.
Just got me wondering what could have been like for us, if the alleged Chinese consortium that came in for us, had been successful instead of the Yanks... 🤔
If we'd had Chinese owners instead of Yanks. on 18:23 - Aug 19 with 2799 viewsGlyn1

We got very lucky.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/countries/asia-and-the-pacific/china/

I hope that we never get owned by the mouthpieces of a dictatorship that is currently carrying out ethnic and religious cleansing on a vast scale, not just against the Tibetans and the Uighurs but elsewhere as well.

Don't try and join an independent trade union either. “In May, labour activists Hua Haifeng, Li Zhao and Su Heng were detained in Jiangxi province while investigating work conditions at Huajian shoe factories. The activists were released on bail in June but remained under close surveillance. In July, a Guangzhou court sentenced labour activist Liu Shaoming to four and a half years’ imprisonment for publishing his reflections about joining the pro-democracy movement and becoming a member of China’s first independent trade union in 1989, and experiences during the 1989 Tiananmen crackdown.”

May not like Trump but at least he was democratically elected and can be democratically unelected unlike the dictator for life in China.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 18:33]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

If we'd had Chinese owners instead of Yanks. on 18:43 - Aug 19 with 2741 viewssainthelens

If we'd had Chinese owners instead of Yanks. on 18:23 - Aug 19 by Glyn1

We got very lucky.

I hope that we never get owned by the mouthpieces of a dictatorship that is currently carrying out ethnic and religious cleansing on a vast scale, not just against the Tibetans and the Uighurs but elsewhere as well.

Don't try and join an independent trade union either. “In May, labour activists Hua Haifeng, Li Zhao and Su Heng were detained in Jiangxi province while investigating work conditions at Huajian shoe factories. The activists were released on bail in June but remained under close surveillance. In July, a Guangzhou court sentenced labour activist Liu Shaoming to four and a half years’ imprisonment for publishing his reflections about joining the pro-democracy movement and becoming a member of China’s first independent trade union in 1989, and experiences during the 1989 Tiananmen crackdown.”

May not like Trump but at least he was democratically elected and can be democratically unelected unlike the dictator for life in China.

Chill out FFS
If we'd had Chinese owners instead of Yanks. on 19:14 - Aug 19 with 2658 viewsBadlands

The Chinese consortium was more or less one man, Peter Zhang ,heading a group called SinoForte.
This is a decent beakdown of his offer.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/how-chinese-consortium-declared-int

However, SinoForte really are a venture capital group that bounces accounts in all the places you'd expect to see in a James Bond baddie.
https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1276531/000127653117000010/scientificene

Promises or deals announced around the time they showed an interest in Swansea City were pie in the sky

From 2017 (Times)

SinoFortone agreed to put £250m into several holiday villages, £100m into a Paramount theme park in Kent, £2bn into two biomass power plants in Wales and – most remarkably – £10bn into housing and transport in Scotland.
The group claimed to be involved in numerous other developments, ranging from London’s mooted Crossrail 2 rail line to a proposed science park in Cambridge and regeneration schemes in Huddersfield and Stoke-on-Trent. It was even linked to a takeover bid for Liverpool football club.
That portfolio now appears a patchwork of exaggeration. The Sunday Times has established that most of SinoFortone’s deals either failed to progress beyond initial discussions or fell apart soon after they were announced.

The only purchase SinoFortone seems to have completed is the £2m Plough at Cadsden – and even that was funded with a loan from the taxpayer-backed Royal Bank of Scotland, according to a Companies House filing.

I think we can guess exactly what would have happened if they had taken us over.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

If we'd had Chinese owners instead of Yanks. on 19:23 - Aug 19 with 2632 viewsBillyChong

If we'd had Chinese owners instead of Yanks. on 19:14 - Aug 19 by Badlands

The Chinese consortium was more or less one man, Peter Zhang ,heading a group called SinoForte.
This is a decent beakdown of his offer.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/how-chinese-consortium-declared-int

However, SinoForte really are a venture capital group that bounces accounts in all the places you'd expect to see in a James Bond baddie.
https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1276531/000127653117000010/scientificene

Promises or deals announced around the time they showed an interest in Swansea City were pie in the sky

From 2017 (Times)

SinoFortone agreed to put £250m into several holiday villages, £100m into a Paramount theme park in Kent, £2bn into two biomass power plants in Wales and – most remarkably – £10bn into housing and transport in Scotland.
The group claimed to be involved in numerous other developments, ranging from London’s mooted Crossrail 2 rail line to a proposed science park in Cambridge and regeneration schemes in Huddersfield and Stoke-on-Trent. It was even linked to a takeover bid for Liverpool football club.
That portfolio now appears a patchwork of exaggeration. The Sunday Times has established that most of SinoFortone’s deals either failed to progress beyond initial discussions or fell apart soon after they were announced.

The only purchase SinoFortone seems to have completed is the £2m Plough at Cadsden – and even that was funded with a loan from the taxpayer-backed Royal Bank of Scotland, according to a Companies House filing.

I think we can guess exactly what would have happened if they had taken us over.

So according to that, a Chinese version of the Americans.
If we'd had Chinese owners instead of Yanks. on 19:25 - Aug 19 with 2626 viewsBadlands

If we'd had Chinese owners instead of Yanks. on 19:23 - Aug 19 by BillyChong

So according to that, a Chinese version of the Americans.

A really silly comment TBH.
The Americans are highly successful and make good on their proposals.

Did you miss the bit where it said £11 billion investments were all bogus.

If we'd had Chinese owners instead of Yanks. on 21:30 - Aug 19 with 2445 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Noodles instead of burgers?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

If we'd had Chinese owners instead of Yanks. on 21:32 - Aug 19 with 2441 viewsjack247

I bet Wolves fans are well jealous of us.
If we'd had Chinese owners instead of Yanks. on 21:52 - Aug 19 with 2400 viewsDr_Winston

I just want owners who run the club sensibly within its means and do as much as possible to hire the best candidates to oversee/manage the club whilst staying out of their way and letting them get on with it.

I have no interest in being a billionaire's toy, utterly dependent on subsidy for our place in the footballing firmament and subject to the whims of whatever fancy takes them that particular week. Or as a soft power advertisement for some third world despot.

Through trial and error (mostly error) we don't appear to be far away from option 1.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

If we'd had Chinese owners instead of Yanks. on 22:01 - Aug 19 with 2363 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If we'd had Chinese owners instead of Yanks. on 21:52 - Aug 19 by Dr_Winston

I just want owners who run the club sensibly within its means and do as much as possible to hire the best candidates to oversee/manage the club whilst staying out of their way and letting them get on with it.

I have no interest in being a billionaire's toy, utterly dependent on subsidy for our place in the footballing firmament and subject to the whims of whatever fancy takes them that particular week. Or as a soft power advertisement for some third world despot.

Through trial and error (mostly error) we don't appear to be far away from option 1.

No, we don’t. Could be so much worse but I think the chairman they’ve hired is a gem.

If we'd had Chinese owners instead of Yanks. on 22:08 - Aug 19 with 2343 viewsJack_Meoff

If we'd had Chinese owners instead of Yanks. on 18:23 - Aug 19 by Glyn1

We got very lucky.

Democracy is an illusion mate. Gives the owners carte blanche to keep up their nice little scam, and gives the owned (i.e. us) the impression they (we) can change the way things are via the ballot box.

AINT. GOING. TO. HAPPEN.

Charles Bukowski puts it nicely; “The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don't have to waste your time voting.”

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

If we'd had Chinese owners instead of Yanks. on 22:09 - Aug 19 with 2333 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If we'd had Chinese owners instead of Yanks. on 22:08 - Aug 19 by Jack_Meoff

Democracy is an illusion mate. Gives the owners carte blanche to keep up their nice little scam, and gives the owned (i.e. us) the impression they (we) can change the way things are via the ballot box.

AINT. GOING. TO. HAPPEN.

Charles Bukowski puts it nicely; “The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don't have to waste your time voting.”

Especially when the race has already been rigged

If we'd had Chinese owners instead of Yanks. on 23:13 - Aug 19 with 2245 viewsJack_Meoff

If we'd had Chinese owners instead of Yanks. on 22:09 - Aug 19 by Brynmill_Jack

Especially when the race has already been rigged

Rigged doesn't come close pal.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

If we'd had Chinese owners instead of Yanks. on 09:24 - Aug 20 with 2013 viewsjack247

If we'd had Chinese owners instead of Yanks. on 21:52 - Aug 19 by Dr_Winston

What we’ve actually got is disinterested owners who backed off the minute we were relegated. I sure that will change if we’re genuine promotion challengers deep into the season.

A by-product of that is the club gets run within its means, which obviously isn’t a bad thing. Kudos to them for some of their appointments too. Potter was a success. Early days yet, but Birch and Cooper both look promising.

I”ll be honest though, plaything or not, I’d swap with Wolves.
If we'd had Chinese owners instead of Yanks. on 10:21 - Aug 20 with 1943 viewsBadlands

If we'd had Chinese owners instead of Yanks. on 22:08 - Aug 19 by Jack_Meoff

AINT. GOING. TO. HAPPEN.

We can change things but we can't all have what we want ... that would be anarchy.

If we'd had Chinese owners instead of Yanks. on 10:21 - Aug 20 with 1942 viewspencoedjack

If we'd had Chinese owners instead of Yanks. on 09:24 - Aug 20 by jack247

What we’ve actually got is disinterested owners who backed off the minute we were relegated. I sure that will change if we’re genuine promotion challengers deep into the season.

A by-product of that is the club gets run within its means, which obviously isn’t a bad thing. Kudos to them for some of their appointments too. Potter was a success. Early days yet, but Birch and Cooper both look promising.

I”ll be honest though, plaything or not, I’d swap with Wolves.

Agree with all of that
If we'd had Chinese owners instead of Yanks. on 10:57 - Aug 20 with 1894 viewsCaptain_Sham

Triads>>Mobski

Its just a ride.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024