Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mountbatten documentary 12:39 - Aug 20 with 1800 viewsCountyJim

Interesting viewing last night being a child myself when it happened I was 12 I had forgotten that Warrenpoint was at the same time

The interviews with the Para survivors was heartbreaking stuff but the way they talked the IRA men came across as soldiers

The interviews with the IRA members was interesting as well both said that the killing of children was wrong and was a war crime in their eyes but killing Mountbatten was justified

And McGuinness when he died the Queen sent his family a message of condolence as the IRA man on there last night said she came out of the whole thing with a lot of credit

What was strange was Mountbatten didn't think he would be an IRA target

And again I didn't remember the lad who was an innocent bystander on the beach was shot a killed by the paras

Just for the record every human life is precious and there has to be a better way
Mountbatten documentary on 12:50 - Aug 20 with 1472 viewsDarran

Every human life isn’t precious in my opinion.
Bring back the death penalty.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Mountbatten documentary on 13:13 - Aug 20 with 1432 viewsdickythorpe

Mountbatten documentary on 12:50 - Aug 20 by Darran

Too true Dar.
Mountbatten documentary on 12:51 - Aug 23 with 1170 viewscontroversial_jack

Every human life is precious, so take another one , is that your logic?
Mountbatten documentary on 12:52 - Aug 23 with 1167 viewsHighjack

Mountbatten documentary on 12:51 - Aug 23 by controversial_jack

Every human life is precious, so take another one , is that your logic?

He said it isn’t precious.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Mountbatten documentary on 13:03 - Aug 23 with 1153 viewscontroversial_jack

Mountbatten documentary on 12:52 - Aug 23 by Highjack

He said it isn’t precious.

Ok, my mistake, need to change my glasses. Every human life isn't precious, does he have a points list of what is and what isn't?
Mountbatten documentary on 13:11 - Aug 23 with 1134 viewsDarran

Mountbatten documentary on 13:03 - Aug 23 by controversial_jack

Ok, my mistake, need to change my glasses. Every human life isn't precious, does he have a points list of what is and what isn't?

I was thinking along the lines of Mick Philpott,Ian Huntley,Ian Watkins etc.
You know the sort the sort that should be put to sleep.
Nothing precious about them.

Mountbatten documentary on 13:33 - Aug 23 with 1115 viewscontroversial_jack

Mountbatten documentary on 13:11 - Aug 23 by Darran

They are not exactly the best examples of humanity, i will give you that. Do you have any between those, for example, a 3 or 4 out of ten maybe.They wouldn't be very good people would they? Should they go through the trapdoor, or maybe a bit of hard labour breaking rocks , or even penal servitude for life to Barry or Newport?
Mountbatten documentary on 14:47 - Aug 23 with 1068 viewsDarran

Mountbatten documentary on 13:33 - Aug 23 by controversial_jack

They are not exactly the best examples of humanity, i will give you that. Do you have any between those, for example, a 3 or 4 out of ten maybe.They wouldn't be very good people would they? Should they go through the trapdoor, or maybe a bit of hard labour breaking rocks , or even penal servitude for life to Barry or Newport?

Grow up.

Login to get fewer ads

Mountbatten documentary on 16:24 - Aug 23 with 1013 viewsProfessor

.....but the death penalty for IRA terrorist/fighters* (*you choose I am neutral on this) would have been disastrous politically and given the Birmingham six and Guildford four led to state-sponsored murder. Many,too many miscarriages of justice-though I have little sympathy for those you have listed, the death penalty is never a solution.
Mountbatten documentary on 16:25 - Aug 23 with 1009 viewsDarran

Mountbatten documentary on 16:24 - Aug 23 by Professor

.....but the death penalty for IRA terrorist/fighters* (*you choose I am neutral on this) would have been disastrous politically and given the Birmingham six and Guildford four led to state-sponsored murder. Many,too many miscarriages of justice-though I have little sympathy for those you have listed, the death penalty is never a solution.

It is for the three I’ve mentioned.

Mountbatten documentary on 16:48 - Aug 23 with 992 viewscontroversial_jack

Mountbatten documentary on 16:24 - Aug 23 by Professor

When the UK had the death penalty, it's estimated approx 40% of those that had their necks broken were not guilty
Mountbatten documentary on 16:49 - Aug 23 with 991 viewsraynor94

Exactly, a total waste of taxpayers money keeping them alive

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Mountbatten documentary on 16:53 - Aug 23 with 985 viewsDarran

Mountbatten documentary on 16:49 - Aug 23 by raynor94

Exactly, a total waste of taxpayers money keeping them alive

Frees up some space inside for others too Rayns.

Mountbatten documentary on 17:08 - Aug 23 with 968 viewsDarran

Mountbatten documentary on 16:48 - Aug 23 by controversial_jack

When the UK had the death penalty, it's estimated approx 40% of those that had their necks broken were not guilty

So you’re saying the likes of Huntley,Philpott and Watkins might not be guilty now are you?
Just kill them now.

Mountbatten documentary on 17:16 - Aug 23 with 961 viewscontroversial_jack

Mountbatten documentary on 17:08 - Aug 23 by Darran

So you’re saying the likes of Huntley,Philpott and Watkins might not be guilty now are you?
Just kill them now.

Did I say they were innocent or are you just being a plank?
Mountbatten documentary on 17:21 - Aug 23 with 953 viewsHighjack

Mountbatten documentary on 17:08 - Aug 23 by Darran

Just kill them now.

Ian Brady was trying to top himself for forty years without success. He should have had the same inept guards Epstein had who just left a rope accidentally in his cell.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Mountbatten documentary on 17:32 - Aug 23 with 936 viewsJack_Meoff

Mountbatten documentary on 17:21 - Aug 23 by Highjack

Ian Brady was trying to top himself for forty years without success. He should have had the same inept guards Epstein had who just left a rope accidentally in his cell.

Conspiracy theorist...

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Mountbatten documentary on 17:36 - Aug 23 with 928 viewsDarran

Mountbatten documentary on 17:16 - Aug 23 by controversial_jack

Did I say they were innocent or are you just being a plank?

Well you talk so much shit I doubt anyone knows what you’re saying.

Mountbatten documentary on 17:54 - Aug 23 with 915 viewssioni

My God, you’re right Darren. Where the Hell would we be if the Romans 2000 years ago hadn’t had the death penalty and hadn’t crucified that uppity Jew? It’s just mind-boggling. But I don’t think much boggles your mind, does it Darren?
Mountbatten documentary on 18:08 - Aug 23 with 903 viewsHighjack

Mountbatten documentary on 17:54 - Aug 23 by sioni

My God, you’re right Darren. Where the Hell would we be if the Romans 2000 years ago hadn’t had the death penalty and hadn’t crucified that uppity Jew? It’s just mind-boggling. But I don’t think much boggles your mind, does it Darren?

If they hadn’t crucified him then he wouldn’t have been able to suffer and die for his sins or be resurrected on the third day to ascend to heaven and take his place at God’s side so they would have had to have thought of another ending to the book. We also probably wouldn’t have had life of Brian either so be careful what you wish for.

Mountbatten documentary on 18:12 - Aug 23 with 899 viewsDarran

Mountbatten documentary on 17:54 - Aug 23 by sioni

Well if you think that Ian Watkins deserves to wake up every morning after what he did to babies that’s fine,I don’t agree and I’m fine with that too.

Mountbatten documentary on 19:03 - Aug 23 with 855 viewscontroversial_jack

Mountbatten documentary on 17:36 - Aug 23 by Darran

Well you talk so much shit I doubt anyone knows what you’re saying.

You don't, that's for sure!
Mountbatten documentary on 19:07 - Aug 23 with 843 viewsDarran

Mountbatten documentary on 19:03 - Aug 23 by controversial_jack

You don't, that's for sure!

Thank you.

Mountbatten documentary on 00:08 - Aug 24 with 742 viewssioni

Mountbatten documentary on 18:08 - Aug 23 by Highjack

If they hadn’t crucified him then he wouldn’t have been able to suffer and die for his sins or be resurrected on the third day to ascend to heaven and take his place at God’s side so they would have had to have thought of another ending to the book. We also probably wouldn’t have had life of Brian either so be careful what you wish for.

Hey, that’s a really good story. I have never heard it before. In that particular version he is supposed to have died for “our” sins by the way. It does show however that a premeditated decision to kill someone doesn’t always fulfill one’s objectives.
As a nonbeliever in any religion who nevertheless supports a basic Christian tenet of mercy and as a person who does believe that life is precious I disagree with the idea that the death penalty solves problems or discourages actions that may cause its use.

I could go on but I’ll finish by saying I do not trust those who have the power to use or encourage this procedure for personal, political, whatever reason and who end up killing increasing numbers of people who are later found to be innocent. Ah well, accidents do happen, I suppose.

As for Brian whose Life was a wonder of creation, I am sure he would be able to find an equally funny and significant life in which “to look on the bright side of life”. If only we could all do so.
Mountbatten documentary on 00:47 - Aug 24 with 732 viewslonglostjack

My uncle fought in Burma and never spoke much about the war. Just after Mountbatten was killed on his boat he recounted how in Burma they’d all been gathered to hear him speak. Shortly into his speech, he insisted that they turn around because the sun was in their eyes. He then spoke from the other end with the sun in his eyes. It made a big impression on the troops. I’ve always wondered though whether it was a case of him being worried that the troops couldn’t see him . Funny thing History.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2019 0:49]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024