Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Work until you die? 23:12 - Aug 20 with 7298 viewsmajorraglan

Just seen this article in the Express, the Centre for Social Trusted fronted by Ian Duncan Smith former Tory Party leader are advocating that the retirement age is increased to 75. That would give the average bloke 4.2 years before he died. Can’t think of many people I know who want to work until they are 75, it’s mental.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1167119/state-pension-age-retirement-employmen
Work until you die? on 23:42 - Aug 20 with 4249 viewsEbo

IDS the odious kunt is behind it.

No doubt he'll 'retire' to the Lords long before he is 70. Kunt.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Work until you die? on 23:48 - Aug 20 with 4241 viewsPegojack

That's the title of the new James Bond film, isn't it?

Actually, it's not. They've gone very post modern with the new film, with a storyline which involves James coming out of the closet but at the same time splitting up with his Welsh boyfriend.
It's called "No time for Dai".....
Work until you die? on 08:08 - Aug 21 with 4096 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Work until you die? on 23:48 - Aug 20 by Pegojack

That's the title of the new James Bond film, isn't it?

Actually, it's not. They've gone very post modern with the new film, with a storyline which involves James coming out of the closet but at the same time splitting up with his Welsh boyfriend.
It's called "No time for Dai".....

I heard it's going to reflect the modern day employment challenges where James had second job as a carer " On her majesty's social service"

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Work until you die? on 09:17 - Aug 21 with 4015 viewssherpajacob

The average life expectancy in Neath Port Talbot is 77 for men.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Work until you die? on 09:23 - Aug 21 with 4005 viewsHighjack

More to the point how many employers would want to employ people pushing 80?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Work until you die? on 09:27 - Aug 21 with 4002 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Work until you die? on 23:42 - Aug 20 by Ebo

IDS the odious kunt is behind it.

No doubt he'll 'retire' to the Lords long before he is 70. Kunt.

A man, incidentally who has never done a days work in his life and has lived a life of undeniable privilege. Typical Tory policy, let the scum work til they die and the privileged minority hoover up their rightfully earned retirement cash.

There are some utter plebs on this page, whom we directly be affected by this but will still pledge their unwavering support and allegiance to the vampires who presently govern us.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Work until you die? on 09:53 - Aug 21 with 3966 viewswhiterock

What about.... IDS, the odious kunt
Work until you die? on 10:08 - Aug 21 with 3949 viewsswan65split

Work until you die? on 09:17 - Aug 21 by sherpajacob

Thanks a bunch.. nearly 67!.....

Login to get fewer ads

Work until you die? on 10:10 - Aug 21 with 3945 viewsHighjack

Work until you die? on 10:08 - Aug 21 by swan65split

Thanks a bunch.. nearly 67!.....

Better get looking for a job then.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Work until you die? on 10:11 - Aug 21 with 3942 viewsWingstandwood

Work until you die? on 09:23 - Aug 21 by Highjack

More to the point how many employers would want to employ people pushing 80?

Bang on, common sense spoken.

The think tank or individuals who advocate this 75 yr rule are I guess pen-pushing government sector cloud cuckoo, parallel universe loons who have never spent a single hour on a building site.

Yeah arthritic nigh eighty year old males with other age related conditions really are the last thing you'd want on beat the clock 'penalty clause' contracts.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 10:51]

Argus!

Work until you die? on 10:13 - Aug 21 with 3933 views3swan

It would be a very blinkered or very stupid government that went down that route.
Stupid as is would be a vote loser. (Politicians can be that stupid)
Blinkered as even if people could have jobs until they were 75, those positions would not be freed up for the younger generation.
Save money by delaying pension but lose at the other end through benefits.
Work until you die? on 10:13 - Aug 21 with 3932 viewsswan65split

Work until you die? on 10:10 - Aug 21 by Highjack

Better get looking for a job then.

I have one of sorts.
Work until you die? on 10:31 - Aug 21 with 3902 viewsbluey_the_blue

Work until you die? on 09:27 - Aug 21 by Brynmill_Jack

A man, incidentally who has never done a days work in his life and has lived a life of undeniable privilege. Typical Tory policy, let the scum work til they die and the privileged minority hoover up their rightfully earned retirement cash.

There are some utter plebs on this page, whom we directly be affected by this but will still pledge their unwavering support and allegiance to the vampires who presently govern us.

State pension isn't sustainable, same as NHS.

Why?

Life expectancy has gone up. That means historic contributions no longer support the pension payouts.

Want to retire 60, 65, whatever? State pension needs to be supported somehow... or just ignore the deficit.
Work until you die? on 10:42 - Aug 21 with 3890 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Work until you die? on 10:31 - Aug 21 by bluey_the_blue

Why?

Life expectancy has gone up. That means historic contributions no longer support the pension payouts.

Want to retire 60, 65, whatever? State pension needs to be supported somehow... or just ignore the deficit.

The deficit or debt or whatever that’s increased under the Tories despite stinging austerity?
I might have known you’d pop up as an apologist.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Work until you die? on 11:24 - Aug 21 with 3847 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Why?

Yes, the state pension is pay as you go, today's NI pays today's pensions. Successive governments have ignored this alongside the latent social care demand for decades preferred short term policies for votes. A crass failure to manage the effects of demographics: if you have lots of people born in the 50s and 60s and improvements in life expectancy guess what happens 60 or 70 years later. Oh and don't forget to take away the tax incentives for company pension schemes to really screw it all up.

Work until you die? on 11:44 - Aug 21 with 3820 viewsProfessor

Why?

Could always lower or freeze the thresholds for higher tax rates. If those on the highest rate were all actually paying tax. Seems to work in Germany. And yes I would be paying more tax- but not complaining
Work until you die? on 11:53 - Aug 21 with 3808 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Work until you die? on 11:44 - Aug 21 by Professor

Could always lower or freeze the thresholds for higher tax rates. If those on the highest rate were all actually paying tax. Seems to work in Germany. And yes I would be paying more tax- but not complaining

Yes, was working in Norway recently, despite the country running in credit their system involves higher taxes to cover health and social care etc.
Our factional politicians are focussed on their Westminster battles rather than agreeing some fundamentals that every government would need to act on for the long term good.

Work until you die? on 12:02 - Aug 21 with 3796 viewsLohengrin

Work until you die? on 09:17 - Aug 21 by sherpajacob

You could probably dial that down a few notches if they’d spent thirty-odd years working in the Coke Ovens or the Blast.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Work until you die? on 12:02 - Aug 21 with 3795 viewslondonlisa2001

Work until you die? on 11:44 - Aug 21 by Professor

Actually it’s not working in Germany either for the same reasons as here. It’s why they need a large number of immigrants to support their ageing population.

People arguing for brexit to cut immigration and then complaining at the increase in retirement age need to realise that it’s the flip side of the same coin.

On the wider note, we need to start clamping down on tax avoidance for the big companies and super rich. Of course the new legislation designed to do exactly that within the EU is the legislation that the likes of Farage, Rees Mogg et all are attempting to avoid.

Brexit will bring a lower tax environment not a higher tax environment. Lower regulation as well. It’s why I keep saying that the people who will suffer most are those that are struggling most now.
Work until you die? on 12:09 - Aug 21 with 3780 viewslondonlisa2001

Work until you die? on 10:11 - Aug 21 by Wingstandwood

Bang on, common sense spoken.

The think tank or individuals who advocate this 75 yr rule are I guess pen-pushing government sector cloud cuckoo, parallel universe loons who have never spent a single hour on a building site.

Yeah arthritic nigh eighty year old males with other age related conditions really are the last thing you'd want on beat the clock 'penalty clause' contracts.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 10:51]

Yesterday on the other thread, I explained that we need immigration to support the pension payments to our lop sided population.

You want lower immigration but don’t want the flip side which is reduced pensions (by making people work longer).

Something has to give.

This government (which are as right wing as they get) want less immigration so will raise retirement age. Because they certainly won’t raise taxes (it’ll go the other way). It’s why brexit won’t do what you want it to do.
Work until you die? on 12:12 - Aug 21 with 3774 viewsbluey_the_blue

Work until you die? on 10:42 - Aug 21 by Brynmill_Jack

The deficit or debt or whatever that’s increased under the Tories despite stinging austerity?
I might have known you’d pop up as an apologist.

Deficit or debt?

Which are you referring to and do you know the difference?
Work until you die? on 12:13 - Aug 21 with 3773 viewsswan65split

Work until you die? on 12:02 - Aug 21 by Lohengrin

You could probably dial that down a few notches if they’d spent thirty-odd years working in the Coke Ovens or the Blast.

Gulp!
Work until you die? on 12:17 - Aug 21 with 3759 viewsbluey_the_blue

Work until you die? on 12:02 - Aug 21 by londonlisa2001

Actually it’s not working in Germany either for the same reasons as here. It’s why they need a large number of immigrants to support their ageing population.

People arguing for brexit to cut immigration and then complaining at the increase in retirement age need to realise that it’s the flip side of the same coin.

On the wider note, we need to start clamping down on tax avoidance for the big companies and super rich. Of course the new legislation designed to do exactly that within the EU is the legislation that the likes of Farage, Rees Mogg et all are attempting to avoid.

Brexit will bring a lower tax environment not a higher tax environment. Lower regulation as well. It’s why I keep saying that the people who will suffer most are those that are struggling most now.

The whole "tax avoidance" stuff is mostly baloney - not referring to you in particular, Lisa, but many confuse evasion with avoidance.

Avoidance is perfectly legal. Example; company employees numerous locals. Provides full training - training costs keeping profits low. That in turn means Corporation Tax lower. Company also donates to numerous charities, lowering profits, lowering Corporation Tax.

Studies have also shown lower tax rates lead to more collected revenue.

I've no love for HMRC, they have scant regard for being fair - see loan charge. See the ridiculous retrospective actions where they can target and going going back many years for schemes deemed illegal NOW but legal THEN. Add in their interesting view on IR35...
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 12:21]
Work until you die? on 12:26 - Aug 21 with 3737 viewslondonlisa2001

Work until you die? on 12:17 - Aug 21 by bluey_the_blue

The whole "tax avoidance" stuff is mostly baloney - not referring to you in particular, Lisa, but many confuse evasion with avoidance.

Avoidance is perfectly legal. Example; company employees numerous locals. Provides full training - training costs keeping profits low. That in turn means Corporation Tax lower. Company also donates to numerous charities, lowering profits, lowering Corporation Tax.

Studies have also shown lower tax rates lead to more collected revenue.

I've no love for HMRC, they have scant regard for being fair - see loan charge. See the ridiculous retrospective actions where they can target and going going back many years for schemes deemed illegal NOW but legal THEN. Add in their interesting view on IR35...
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 12:21]

Don’t start lecturing me in tax Bluey. You’ll end up looking silly.

I know what tax avoidance is. I know it’s legal.

We need to start clamping down on avoidance. The companies like Google, Starbucks, Amazon etc do not pay a fair share of tax. And, partly as a result of that, they have an unfair advantage over small alternatives. The EU’s new legislation will partly address that. The very wealthy in this country avoid tax. They pay a far lower rate of marginal tax than anyone else. And it needs to be stopped.

Imagine my surprise though at you being exercised over IR35. It’s about time it was sorted out.
Work until you die? on 12:32 - Aug 21 with 3726 viewsCatullus

Why?

We could try stopping universal benefits? Means test child benefit, bus passes, tv licences. Isn't it ridiculous that Premier league footballer can get child benefit when every single week he earns in excess of the average annual wage? Maybe we could try passing a law that says 90% of all profits must be spent on an annual inflation based wage rise and reinvestment in the business, only 10% on share dividends. Who knows?

Brynnie, I have no problem slagging the Tories off but then I have a problem choosing who to vote for. Corbyn? Adam Price? Jo Swinson? Farage? Caroline Lucas? I've started to think Pol Pot or Papa Doc Duvallier would have made better choices because at least they had a plan. Bojo keeps going with blind optimism, Corbyn changes his plan more often than Trump says something stupid!

IDS......irritable dickhead syndrome! most politicans suffer from it. And yes, he is a chunt.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024