Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
22 of the greatest books about rock'n'roll ever written ... 18:52 - Aug 21 with 1272 viewstheloneranger

Great to see this book by Man's late great Deke Leonard in the list ...

"Rhinos, Winos and Lunatics: The Legend of Man, a Rock'n'Roll Band"

https://www.loudersound.com/features/22-of-the-greatest-books-about-rocknroll-ev

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

22 of the greatest books about rock'n'roll ever written ... on 19:09 - Aug 21 with 1246 viewsdickythorpe

Anyone who has a copy should seek it out. Originally £11.99 and published in 2001 it's out of print and worth over £100 on other buying sites.
22 of the greatest books about rock'n'roll ever written ... on 19:19 - Aug 21 with 1239 viewsLohengrin

Nothing by Peter Guralnick on that list?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

22 of the greatest books about rock'n'roll ever written ... on 19:21 - Aug 21 with 1233 viewsDarran

The Heroin Diaries is good.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

22 of the greatest books about rock'n'roll ever written ... on 19:53 - Aug 21 with 1201 viewsCaptain_Sham

Deke to you, Uncle Roger to me.

Its just a ride.

22 of the greatest books about rock'n'roll ever written ... on 10:48 - Aug 22 with 1031 viewsEbo

"22 of the greatest books about rock'n'roll ever written" what a misleading title.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

22 of the greatest books about rock'n'roll ever written ... on 13:27 - Aug 22 with 991 viewsWarwickHunt

22 of the greatest books about rock'n'roll ever written ... on 19:19 - Aug 21 by Lohengrin

Nothing by Peter Guralnick on that list?

“Rock ‘n’ roll” meaning rock, I assume.
22 of the greatest books about rock'n'roll ever written ... on 13:35 - Aug 22 with 983 viewscostalotta

Quite enjoyed Scar Tissue.
22 of the greatest books about rock'n'roll ever written ... on 14:02 - Aug 22 with 968 viewsEbo

No mention of this one

Login to get fewer ads

22 of the greatest books about rock'n'roll ever written ... on 14:18 - Aug 22 with 954 viewsLohengrin

22 of the greatest books about rock'n'roll ever written ... on 13:27 - Aug 22 by WarwickHunt

“Rock ‘n’ roll” meaning rock, I assume.

I think it’s safe to for the purpose of this thread, mate.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

22 of the greatest books about rock'n'roll ever written ... on 21:21 - Aug 23 with 831 viewsleighton1318

This one (listed in the 22). Great band too.

[Post edited 23 Aug 2019 21:22]
22 of the greatest books about rock'n'roll ever written ... on 21:32 - Aug 23 with 813 viewsJack_Meoff

Can't believe this doesn't get a mention...

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

22 of the greatest books about rock'n'roll ever written ... on 22:18 - Aug 23 with 785 viewsTummer_from_Texas

I read Hammer of the Gods as a teenager when it first came out, and it was the first book I thought of when I read the thread title.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

22 of the greatest books about rock'n'roll ever written ... on 00:07 - Aug 24 with 755 viewsProfessor

Peter Hook’s books about the Hacienda, Joy Division and New Order are very entertaining. Probably long out of print but Paulo Hewitt’s ‘ My Magpie eyes are hungry for the prize ‘ about Creation Records is a riot. Grace Maxwell ‘ Falling and Laughing’’ about her husband Edwin Collins and Robert Foster’s ‘Right Here’ about the Go Betweens are both brilliant books- the former about Edwyn’s Fight after a stroke and the latter about failure when success is tantalisingly close and the premature death of his songwriting partner Grant McLennan. Even if 80s indie is not your thing these are great reads.
22 of the greatest books about rock'n'roll ever written ... on 00:08 - Aug 24 with 754 viewsProfessor

22 of the greatest books about rock'n'roll ever written ... on 00:07 - Aug 24 by Professor

Peter Hook’s books about the Hacienda, Joy Division and New Order are very entertaining. Probably long out of print but Paulo Hewitt’s ‘ My Magpie eyes are hungry for the prize ‘ about Creation Records is a riot. Grace Maxwell ‘ Falling and Laughing’’ about her husband Edwin Collins and Robert Foster’s ‘Right Here’ about the Go Betweens are both brilliant books- the former about Edwyn’s Fight after a stroke and the latter about failure when success is tantalisingly close and the premature death of his songwriting partner Grant McLennan. Even if 80s indie is not your thing these are great reads.

Sorry. The Robert Foster book is ‘Grant and I’. Right here is the excellent documentary about the band
22 of the greatest books about rock'n'roll ever written ... on 11:41 - Aug 24 with 702 viewsEbo

"I was a robot" by Wolfgang Flür
"Wouldn't it be nice?" Brian Wilson (controversial as Brian hated it)
"Shakey" Neil Young (overlong and drawn out but with interesting stories and anecdotes.)

22 of the greatest books about rock'n'roll ever written ... on 09:30 - Aug 25 with 632 viewsNotLoyal

Burning Britain, a history of punk rock.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

22 of the greatest books about rock'n'roll ever written ... on 16:28 - Aug 26 with 550 viewscontroversial_jack

Ozzie Osbournes auto was extremely funny. I recently enjoyed Lol Tolhurst of the cure, his auto, "cured."
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024