Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans fans singing "oh Oli McBurnie" 19:56 - Aug 21 with 22822 viewsMrSwerve

Presumably at him in the away stand.

Jackfath is going to have kittens.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Swans fans singing "oh Oli McBurnie" on 13:21 - Aug 23 with 1242 viewsHighjack

Swans fans singing "oh Oli McBurnie" on 13:19 - Aug 23 by Ebo

You are missing the point. I just asked how would our fans feel if one of our players went to watch a former club and went out on the piss a few days before a game? I bet people would be shitting the bed over it.

He can sleep off his hangover on the bench anyway. Also known as doing a James Beattie.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Swans fans singing "oh Oli McBurnie" on 13:23 - Aug 23 with 1231 viewsNeath_Jack

What a time to be alive.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Swans fans singing on 13:25 - Aug 23 with 1223 views1983

Swans fans singing on 13:18 - Aug 23 by Highjack

I hope he didn’t have a beer. He’s got a podcast to record in about 72 hours.

Does he still post on here?
[Post edited 23 Aug 2019 13:20]

No but definitely seen him eat a grab bag of quavers and on his last podcast he said he was ill !!??

Swans fans singing "oh Oli McBurnie" on 13:35 - Aug 23 with 1200 viewsCooperman

Swans fans singing "oh Oli McBurnie" on 10:21 - Aug 23 by Ebo

How would Swansea fans react if for example Woodman went up to watch a midweek Newcastle game and got pissed up with the Geordies 3 days before a game?

It may look funny seeing McBurnie singing and whatnot, but he also has a responsibility as a professional footballer playing at the highest level. This won't go down well with his employers.

Exactly.

The lack of response to this speaks volumes.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Swans fans singing "oh Oli McBurnie" on 14:04 - Aug 23 with 1162 viewsNeath_Jack

Swans fans singing "oh Oli McBurnie" on 13:35 - Aug 23 by Cooperman

Exactly.

Well, apart from it being classic whataboutery, those of us that are easily outraged / offended, will probably be moaning like Darran and Jackfath, then there will be others like myself who wouldn't give a f*ck as long as he turned up and played as he has been doing.

McBurnie doesn't play for us.
He went along with his mates to support our club.
Nobody got killed as far as i can see.

No harm done.

But what if...

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Swans fans singing "oh Oli McBurnie" on 14:43 - Aug 23 with 1128 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swans fans singing "oh Oli McBurnie" on 12:12 - Aug 23 by sainthelens

I remember Curt being in the away end at Forest in the play offs. Give everyone around reason to shout bit louder.
He never bought 40 pints at half time though.

I didn’t count them but there were a quite a lot of ciders free for people to drink. How many did you make it?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swans fans singing "oh Oli McBurnie" on 14:47 - Aug 23 with 1121 viewssainthelens

Swans fans singing "oh Oli McBurnie" on 14:43 - Aug 23 by Brynmill_Jack

I didn’t count them but there were a quite a lot of ciders free for people to drink. How many did you make it?

Didn't go Brynnie, I fckn hate that place. Was talking to one of the lads who went, said at least 40 were lined up. Top man Ollie.
Swans fans singing "oh Oli McBurnie" on 14:50 - Aug 23 with 1118 viewsjacks777

Swans fans singing "oh Oli McBurnie" on 13:20 - Aug 23 by Jackfath

Nothing at all. However advertising it all over social media (that’s the day and age we live in) could have consequences either now or in the future.

Fair point?

Consequences for who ? Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.
Login to get fewer ads

Swans fans singing "oh Oli McBurnie" on 14:51 - Aug 23 with 1116 viewsjacks777

Swans fans singing "oh Oli McBurnie" on 13:35 - Aug 23 by Cooperman

Exactly.

Are you really outraged by what OB did on Wednesday ?.
Swans fans singing "oh Oli McBurnie” on 14:59 - Aug 23 with 1099 viewsDarran

Swans fans singing "oh Oli McBurnie" on 14:04 - Aug 23 by Neath_Jack

Well, apart from it being classic whataboutery, those of us that are easily outraged / offended, will probably be moaning like Darran and Jackfath, then there will be others like myself who wouldn't give a f*ck as long as he turned up and played as he has been doing.

McBurnie doesn't play for us.
He went along with his mates to support our club.
Nobody got killed as far as i can see.

No harm done.

But what if...

I’m not moaning I couldn’t give a fućk what the bloke does he can have a few lines of coke before Saturdays game if he wants.
But if it’s true he was bladdered in London in Wednesday night it’s not the way a professional athlete should be behaving in 2019 and that goes for any professional athlete.
Like I said he can do what he wants and that goes for any professional athlete.

Saying that mind there seems to be a lot of people saying he’s often out drinking.

Good luck to him I’ve saud on here and Twitter that he should have had player of the year last season.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swans fans singing "oh Oli McBurnie” on 15:13 - Aug 23 with 1087 viewsNeath_Jack

Swans fans singing "oh Oli McBurnie” on 14:59 - Aug 23 by Darran

I’m not moaning I couldn’t give a fućk what the bloke does he can have a few lines of coke before Saturdays game if he wants.
But if it’s true he was bladdered in London in Wednesday night it’s not the way a professional athlete should be behaving in 2019 and that goes for any professional athlete.
Like I said he can do what he wants and that goes for any professional athlete.

Saying that mind there seems to be a lot of people saying he’s often out drinking.

Good luck to him I’ve saud on here and Twitter that he should have had player of the year last season.

For someone that doesn't give a f*ck, you haven't half banged on about it on here and Twitter.

I'd hate to see what you'd be like about something you were arsed about

Swans fans singing "oh Oli McBurnie" on 15:23 - Aug 23 with 1069 viewsswan_si

Swans fans singing "oh Oli McBurnie" on 09:20 - Aug 23 by Swansea93

He definitely was on the pop, he had a pint hidden under his hat when he came back up after half time which the steward took off him

He should have borrowed Rodons magic hat.
Swans fans singing "oh Oli McBurnie” on 15:35 - Aug 23 with 1055 viewsjasper_T

Swans fans singing "oh Oli McBurnie” on 15:13 - Aug 23 by Neath_Jack

For someone that doesn't give a f*ck, you haven't half banged on about it on here and Twitter.

People talking about current events on here and twitter? Must be the end of the world.
Swans fans singing on 15:46 - Aug 23 with 1033 viewsMrSwerve

I know that this will sound incredibly boring, but I’m amazed that professional football teams allow players to drink a drop of alcohol, especially going on benders in public. Millions are spent on sports scientists, nutritionists etc to get these athletes to peak condition. Imagine then seeing that work flushed down the shîtter when a player goes out and drinks 5-6+ pints mid-season.

Anyone comparing this with people going on a weekend bender then rocking up to a desk job on a Monday morning is being a bit silly.

Players are paid huge sums to keep in peak condition and also cope with the pressure...but there are other ways to relax than drinking. It would be my personal choice mind, but I’m not on 20-30k per week to deliver athletic performances.

Drinking 2 or 3 days before a top level game will affect performance...it doesn’t necessarily mean having a stinker or a terrible game, but it would affect how the body is operating.

Not aimed at Oli McBurnie, I mean players in general. I wouldn’t be happy seeing them out drinking a few days before a match...and I think in reality not many on here would be.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2019 16:20]

Swans fans singing "oh Oli McBurnie” on 15:52 - Aug 23 with 1022 viewsDarran

Swans fans singing "oh Oli McBurnie” on 15:13 - Aug 23 by Neath_Jack

We are having a debate about sports science. Well I am anyway. On a forum where you debate about things.

Swans fans singing on 15:55 - Aug 23 with 1013 viewstheloneranger

Swans fans singing on 15:46 - Aug 23 by MrSwerve

I know that this will sound incredibly boring, but I’m amazed that professional football teams allow players to drink a drop of alcohol, especially going on benders in public. Millions are spent on sports scientists, nutritionists etc to get these athletes to peak condition. Imagine then seeing that work flushed down the shîtter when a player goes out and drinks 5-6+ pints mid-season.

Anyone comparing this with people going on a weekend bender then rocking up to a desk job on a Monday morning is being a bit silly.

Players are paid huge sums to keep in peak condition and also cope with the pressure...but there are other ways to relax than drinking. It would be my personal choice mind, but I’m not on 20-30k per week to deliver athletic performances.

Drinking 2 or 3 days before a top level game will affect performance...it doesn’t necessarily mean having a stinker or a terrible game, but it would affect how the body is operating.

Not aimed at Oli McBurnie, I mean players in general. I wouldn’t be happy seeing them out drinking a few days before a match...and I think in reality not many on here would be.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2019 16:20]

It makes you think how the fvck did Jimmy Greaves, George Best and Bryan Robson etc manage to tie their boot laces, never mind play top class football. 😇

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swans fans singing on 16:06 - Aug 23 with 990 viewsDarran

Swans fans singing on 15:55 - Aug 23 by theloneranger

It makes you think how the fvck did Jimmy Greaves, George Best and Bryan Robson etc manage to tie their boot laces, never mind play top class football. 😇

Times have changed stop being so silly.

Swans fans singing on 16:18 - Aug 23 with 968 viewsMrSwerve

There are probably some current league 1 or league 2 sides that would smash the ‘legendary’ teams of the 50s and 60s.

Swans fans singing "oh Oli McBurnie” on 16:19 - Aug 23 with 966 viewsNeath_Jack

Swans fans singing "oh Oli McBurnie” on 15:52 - Aug 23 by Darran

We are having a debate about sports science. Well I am anyway. On a forum where you debate about things.

Oh you were debating sports science were you 😂😂

I’m sure you were first in the queue to lambast Trundle, Robinson et al when they were bang at it every week. What did they think about your sports science lecture? 🤔😂

You’ve just realised you’re exactly the same as those people who you reckon are ruining this country.

Swans fans singing on 16:26 - Aug 23 with 946 viewsjasper_T

Swans fans singing on 16:18 - Aug 23 by MrSwerve

There are probably some current league 1 or league 2 sides that would smash the ‘legendary’ teams of the 50s and 60s.

Yep. Different game now.
Swans fans singing "oh Oli McBurnie” on 16:29 - Aug 23 with 941 viewsDarran

Swans fans singing "oh Oli McBurnie” on 16:19 - Aug 23 by Neath_Jack

Oh you were debating sports science were you 😂😂

I’m sure you were first in the queue to lambast Trundle, Robinson et al when they were bang at it every week. What did they think about your sports science lecture? 🤔😂

You’ve just realised you’re exactly the same as those people who you reckon are ruining this country.

Things have changed since Trunds and Robbo were destroying Wind Street.

Look Sonny if you can’t see a problem in professional athletes traveling 200 miles to go on the piss a couple of days before the event that’s fine you’re entitled to your opinion.

Swans fans singing on 16:31 - Aug 23 with 940 viewsWingstandwood

It's a pity the likes of Mike Tyson and George Best etc got distracted by recreational activities away from their sports. I think I'm one of many who have often pondered how much greater, an all time great like Best would have been both teetotal and 100% dedicated. Even greater potential missed is a crying shame.

Swansea itself once had a flawed personality winger i.e. Leighton James who according to ex-ref Keith Hackett was absolutely unstoppable like George Best when he put his mind to it and was actually bothered.

Btw according to Leighton James George Bests skill(s) were not all natural, his ability was enhanced by hours of dedicated practice at a young age and at a time when he was 100% focussed away from the pub culture. So its a case of yeah they were good but with so much potential wasted. The fact they would have been even more mind blowingly enhanced without alcohol is (excuse the pun) a sobering thought.

Argus!

Swans fans singing "oh Oli McBurnie” on 16:45 - Aug 23 with 902 viewsNeath_Jack

Swans fans singing "oh Oli McBurnie” on 16:29 - Aug 23 by Darran

Things have changed since Trunds and Robbo were destroying Wind Street.

Look Sonny if you can’t see a problem in professional athletes traveling 200 miles to go on the piss a couple of days before the event that’s fine you’re entitled to your opinion.

Sonny? F*ck me, you're even using Oldsacks vernacular now

Aye, i thought you may say things have changed since then.

You know he was on the piss do you? How many pints did he have? Did he have permission from his club to travel down?

What's the general consensus in the sports science world, as to how many pints a footballer may have per week?

Swans fans singing "oh Oli McBurnie” on 16:52 - Aug 23 with 884 viewsDarran

Swans fans singing "oh Oli McBurnie” on 16:45 - Aug 23 by Neath_Jack

You know he was on the piss do you? How many pints did he have? Did he have permission from his club to travel down?

What's the general consensus in the sports science world, as to how many pints a footballer may have per week?

I’ve already stated if he was on the piss on not,I have no actual proof that he was but if you go by Twitter alone he definitely was,he even covered a pint with his hat and tried to walk into the stand with it according to one tweet but a steward busted him,Sonny.

Anyway I was talking about professional athletes in general not just him.

Swans fans singing "oh Oli McBurnie” on 16:55 - Aug 23 with 877 viewsjasper_T

Swans fans singing "oh Oli McBurnie” on 16:45 - Aug 23 by Neath_Jack

Zero.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024