Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world 23:38 - Aug 21 with 6098 viewsHighjack

“That was never a yellow card. In my day you had to do something really violent to get a yellow card, and something really serious to get sent off”

“Did you get many bookings Wyn?”

“Oh yeah, almost every week, but only 4 reds.”

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 00:14 - Aug 22 with 4288 viewsNotLoyal

He was absolutely fücking gold.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 00:21 - Aug 22 with 4272 viewsHighjack

It is my dream, as it should be for many others to say “Wyndham, let’s gather round the campfire so you can regale me with tales of your youth.”

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 01:34 - Aug 22 with 4218 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

His semi orgasm when mcburnie scored our winner away at millwall last year was exceptional
[Post edited 22 Aug 2019 1:35]

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 03:45 - Aug 22 with 4148 viewsBLAZE

Class

Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 05:57 - Aug 22 with 4062 viewssainthelens

Loved Wyndham as a player, after listening to that nothings changed.
Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 07:51 - Aug 22 with 3888 views34dfgdf54

Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 05:57 - Aug 22 by sainthelens

Loved Wyndham as a player, after listening to that nothings changed.

What was he like? Hard case?

Funny as f*ck commentating.
Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 08:05 - Aug 22 with 3859 viewsdcd14

Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 00:21 - Aug 22 by Highjack

It is my dream, as it should be for many others to say “Wyndham, let’s gather round the campfire so you can regale me with tales of your youth.”

Wyndham did a talk at a football dinner I went to, very good.

Well worth going along if he’s the speaker.
Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 08:58 - Aug 22 with 3730 viewsploppy

When Hugill got booked last night he said "he's put his hand on the ref, that's a red card".
[Post edited 22 Aug 2019 8:58]
Login to get fewer ads

Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 09:31 - Aug 22 with 3667 viewssainthelens

Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 07:51 - Aug 22 by 34dfgdf54

I remember them playing Bristol Rovers away in a league cup tie late 70s I think, he had a run in with their centre forward. At the vetch in the replay, as soon as Rovers kicked off the game, Wyndham sprinted from right back to the centre circle and fckn lamped the same guy. Never one to hold a grudge our Wyndham....Loved him.
Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 11:42 - Aug 22 with 3544 viewsvetchonian

Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 07:51 - Aug 22 by 34dfgdf54

Not a hard case as in Tommy Smith who shared the RB slot with Wyndham....an old fashioned defender who ensured that if the ball got past him the player didn't.
Also remember him taking Alan Devonshire out at the Vetch

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 11:51 - Aug 22 with 3524 viewsswancity

Wyndham was one of the least talented of our players from that era (1970s) which included the likes of Alan Curtis & Robbie James but he was a hugely popular player who always gave his all and as a rampaging overlapping right back at lower league level he excelled.

They were great days. Especially from around 1976. I might be wrong but I think he went on to play in every division of the football league albeit just one of two games at the top level but its testament to his great attitude that he achieved that.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 12:19 - Aug 22 with 3466 views3swan

https://swans100.com/players/theres-only-one-wyndham-evans/
Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 12:27 - Aug 22 with 3445 viewsFireboy2

Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 12:19 - Aug 22 by 3swan

https://swans100.com/players/theres-only-one-wyndham-evans/

What a fantastic write up.
Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 15:26 - Aug 22 with 3256 viewsJacket

Brilliant isn't he! Love it when he goes "gw'on son!" followed by "Yes, get in!!!!" Millwall game last season stands out for me too! Top man!
Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 15:35 - Aug 22 with 3230 viewsJonathans_coat

Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 00:14 - Aug 22 by NotLoyal

He was absolutely fücking gold.

It’s impossible to listen to his commentary and not smile from ear to ear!

It’s brill-yant!
Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 15:37 - Aug 22 with 3224 viewswhiterock

The snorting beast
Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 17:16 - Aug 22 with 3127 viewssioni

Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 03:45 - Aug 22 by BLAZE

Class

Must say, watching/listening to that was a great start to the day.
Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 20:05 - Aug 22 with 2944 viewsbonymine

I watched Wyndham play for us from Div 4 to Div 1 (PL for you youngsters 😉) he always gave his all a true workhorse at RB who supplied some decent crosses too 👍 (Together with Danny Bartley from left back when I were a lad 😂😂).

He plays golf at Machynys with another ex Swan and former neighbour of mine Colin Randall these days and his Swans TV commentaries are absolutely class 100% passion just like any other diehard JB 👍 (or Turk in Wyndham’s case 🙈😂😂👍).

Wyndham you are a Ledg son.

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 20:10 - Aug 22 with 2928 viewsmonmouth

I remember him well at full back obviously but I also think I remember him playing at number 4 centre back a few times. I know he’s a relative shortarse so am I hallucinating?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 20:20 - Aug 22 with 2902 viewsbonymine

Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 20:10 - Aug 22 by monmouth

I remember him well at full back obviously but I also think I remember him playing at number 4 centre back a few times. I know he’s a relative shortarse so am I hallucinating?

Can’t remember him playing at CB Mon tbh unless I was hallucinating too .....it was the 70’s after all 🤣🤣

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 20:47 - Aug 22 with 2848 viewstheloneranger

Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 20:10 - Aug 22 by monmouth

He also played as a centre forward in the early 1970's.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 21:17 - Aug 22 with 2817 views3swan

Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 20:47 - Aug 22 by theloneranger

He also played as a centre forward in the early 1970's.

Yes I can remember him playing up front at an away game at Watford
Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 21:21 - Aug 22 with 2801 viewsGaryjack

Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 21:17 - Aug 22 by 3swan

Yes I can remember him playing up front at an away game at Watford

Scored 20 goals for us!
Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 21:25 - Aug 22 with 2778 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 21:21 - Aug 22 by Garyjack

Scored 20 goals for us!

Didn’t he take penalties??

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 21:25 - Aug 22 with 2778 views3swan

Wyndham Evans the greatest commentator in the world on 21:21 - Aug 22 by Garyjack

Scored 20 goals for us!

I was going to post but have just looked it up and yes he did
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024