Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coopers first 11 games 08:53 - Aug 22 with 5033 viewsderijack

WWWWWWWDWWW

10 wins and a draw. 6 of those were preseason, but we've had some terrible results in preseasons past. The habit of not losing is a good one!

Coopers first 11 games on 11:33 - Aug 22 with 3944 viewsBrynmill_Jack

It is. Birmingham with clotet at the helm will be tough and then there’s that oh so easy Leeds trip. If we remain unbeaten on September the 1st we will have had a superb month.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Coopers first 11 games on 11:45 - Aug 22 with 3924 viewsBadlands

Yet I am still not getting a warm glow about Cooper
[Post edited 22 Aug 2019 11:46]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Coopers first 11 games on 11:46 - Aug 22 with 3923 viewsicecoldjack

Lots of progress needs to be made before we are a serious contender in this league, not to take anything away from Cooper, who has been superb so far, but we are some way from being a force.

Our passing is not quite fluid enough yet, our movement is great in the wide areas but needs a bit of work in the middle, Grimes is a little bit of a concern for me, as he’s not quite on his game yet, at least not compared to last season, he’s a bit slow in moving the ball at the moment and was sloppy last night a few times.

That’s a negative but the hope here is that it’s just early season rustiness, we also have to re integrate players and develop on field partnerships.

One of the aspects I’m most impressed with so far has been our defending, it’s certainly improving and our awareness of danger is getting better.

I think cooper knows what we need to work on and I think he is smart enough to change something if it’s wrong, so far I can’t grumble with. His tactics or ability to make key decisions, it’s been far more impressive than potter .

It’s just early days and other teams are also ironing out the wrinkles, lots for us to improve on for sure but as for cooper, while he looks bit of a dope he certainly isn’t !

Very impressed with him so far, we will know more after a few defeats though .
Coopers first 11 games on 11:48 - Aug 22 with 3902 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Impressive, I'm very surprised, this is while he is still a rookie!
Coopers first 11 games on 11:59 - Aug 22 with 3879 viewsjack247

Coopers first 11 games on 11:45 - Aug 22 by Badlands

Why not? His appointment is one of the few things the Americans can take a lot of credit for.
Coopers first 11 games on 12:01 - Aug 22 with 3866 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Best step out of the fridge then

Coopers first 11 games on 13:06 - Aug 22 with 3743 viewsraynor94

Why am not surprised

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Coopers first 11 games on 13:28 - Aug 22 with 3660 viewsSwansea93

Leeds away will be the real test

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Login to get fewer ads

Coopers first 11 games on 13:43 - Aug 22 with 3613 viewsraynor94

Coopers first 11 games on 13:28 - Aug 22 by Swansea93

Leeds away will be the real test

What about Brum?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Coopers first 11 games on 13:44 - Aug 22 with 3609 viewsjackforever

Coopers first 11 games on 11:59 - Aug 22 by jack247

Why not? His appointment is one of the few things the Americans can take a lot of credit for.

Let's be honest since Jenkins left it's hard to find too much fault with the way the club has been run. However I've no idea why the Americans would get praise for the appointment of the manager.
Coopers first 11 games on 13:51 - Aug 22 with 3593 viewsWarwickHunt

Coopers first 11 games on 13:44 - Aug 22 by jackforever

Let's be honest since Jenkins left it's hard to find too much fault with the way the club has been run. However I've no idea why the Americans would get praise for the appointment of the manager.

You’d hope they’d learned their lesson after shoehorning that fûcking clownshoe Bradley in at the expense of Guidolin.
Coopers first 11 games on 15:21 - Aug 22 with 3441 viewsSwansea93

Coopers first 11 games on 13:43 - Aug 22 by raynor94

What about Brum?

Why are Birmingham so special all of a sudden? Failed manager hense being assistant, 2 wins against Brentford & Barnsley and 2 thumpings against Forest and Portsmouth, Leeds are the 'Proper' test imo.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2019 15:23]

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Coopers first 11 games on 15:29 - Aug 22 with 3411 viewsjack247

Coopers first 11 games on 13:44 - Aug 22 by jackforever

I get what you’re saying. The way I look at it, Birch is their employee, as was Jenkins. They are still ultimately responsible for decisions made by people under them. As much as they’ve made it clear they want to distance themselves.
Coopers first 11 games on 15:38 - Aug 22 with 3381 viewsmonmouth

Coopers first 11 games on 15:21 - Aug 22 by Swansea93

Why are Birmingham so special all of a sudden? Failed manager hense being assistant, 2 wins against Brentford & Barnsley and 2 thumpings against Forest and Portsmouth, Leeds are the 'Proper' test imo.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2019 15:23]

I think the proper test isn’t any single game but consistency and visible improvement. We never win at Leeds, so why should that be ‘the test’. We lost to them in our league one title season up there (comprehensively) but we were generally on another planet to them in our development and play that season. If we win on Sunday and lose to them, we haven’t failed any test at all.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Coopers first 11 games on 22:44 - Aug 22 with 3160 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Coopers first 11 games on 15:38 - Aug 22 by monmouth

I think the proper test isn’t any single game but consistency and visible improvement. We never win at Leeds, so why should that be ‘the test’. We lost to them in our league one title season up there (comprehensively) but we were generally on another planet to them in our development and play that season. If we win on Sunday and lose to them, we haven’t failed any test at all.

No, but in the terms of Leeds being widely regarded as the team to beat this season (and given our recent history there) a victory would place a massive tick in our “credible challengers” box.

Coopers first 11 games on 04:28 - Aug 23 with 3024 viewsWanderer

Go with the flow here, very impressed with Coops, like his attitude of wanting to win every game as opposed to Potter who i felt was "safe' in his approach.
Coopers first 11 games on 08:06 - Aug 23 with 2893 viewsDr_Winston

We're still very much a work in progress. Don't think we've quite got the midfield right yet (and not sure we've got the personnel to) and we've stumbled into using Ayew and Baston more by default than plan. We'll need the players Cooper himself brought in to also make an impact as the season goes on.

On the plus side we've shown resilience, defensive stability and that we can create chances, all attributes that go a long way in this division. It'll be interesting to see how things pan out.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Coopers first 11 games on 09:11 - Aug 23 with 2797 viewsUxbridge

Coopers first 11 games on 08:06 - Aug 23 by Dr_Winston

We're still very much a work in progress. Don't think we've quite got the midfield right yet (and not sure we've got the personnel to) and we've stumbled into using Ayew and Baston more by default than plan. We'll need the players Cooper himself brought in to also make an impact as the season goes on.

On the plus side we've shown resilience, defensive stability and that we can create chances, all attributes that go a long way in this division. It'll be interesting to see how things pan out.

Our defensive work from the midfield worries me. Teams have got through to our back line far too easily at times. Our centre halves in particular have done wonderfully well to limit the damage. Whether a combo of Grimes, Fulton, Celina and Byers could ever do that is a concern.

Attacking wise, we look as good in patches as I've seen us in a long, long time. But then there's a reason Ayew and Baston were brought in on the money they're on, they're far too good for this level, Ayew in particular.

It's fun though. That'll do me.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Coopers first 11 games on 09:35 - Aug 23 with 2770 views34dfgdf54

Coopers first 11 games on 09:11 - Aug 23 by Uxbridge

Our defensive work from the midfield worries me. Teams have got through to our back line far too easily at times. Our centre halves in particular have done wonderfully well to limit the damage. Whether a combo of Grimes, Fulton, Celina and Byers could ever do that is a concern.

Attacking wise, we look as good in patches as I've seen us in a long, long time. But then there's a reason Ayew and Baston were brought in on the money they're on, they're far too good for this level, Ayew in particular.

It's fun though. That'll do me.

We've needed a central midfielder who can do the defensive side of the game well for god knows how many windows.

I accept the fact we don't play an out and out CDM but we don't do the nitty gritty well in my opinion. Fulton is ok, but he should be a squad player and not necessarily a starter if we want to be competing all season.
Coopers first 11 games on 10:21 - Aug 23 with 2692 viewsJackflack

Coopers first 11 games on 08:06 - Aug 23 by Dr_Winston

Ayew and Baston are fired up to play for us at last. So credit to Cooper for getting the best out of them so far.

Lets be nice, we're all newbees on here.

Coopers first 11 games on 10:33 - Aug 23 with 2676 viewsDr_Winston

Coopers first 11 games on 09:35 - Aug 23 by 34dfgdf54

We've needed a central midfielder who can do the defensive side of the game well for god knows how many windows.

I accept the fact we don't play an out and out CDM but we don't do the nitty gritty well in my opinion. Fulton is ok, but he should be a squad player and not necessarily a starter if we want to be competing all season.

A deep lying, tough midfielder capable of moving the ball forward with passing or running would make a big difference to us.

Where to find such a player, that's the question. Ben Wilmot maybe?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Coopers first 11 games on 10:43 - Aug 23 with 2665 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Coopers first 11 games on 10:33 - Aug 23 by Dr_Winston

A deep lying, tough midfielder capable of moving the ball forward with passing or running would make a big difference to us.

Where to find such a player, that's the question. Ben Wilmot maybe?

The problem we have is that teams have noticed that Grimes is one footed as is Bidwell. Once they’re forced to use their right feet then there’s a serious danger of losing the ball in an extremely dangerous area. Quite why professional football players can’t train themselves to use their weaker feet to kick a ball is another matter entirely.

Coopers first 11 games on 10:53 - Aug 23 with 2650 viewstheloneranger

Coopers first 11 games on 10:43 - Aug 23 by Brynmill_Jack

The problem we have is that teams have noticed that Grimes is one footed as is Bidwell. Once they’re forced to use their right feet then there’s a serious danger of losing the ball in an extremely dangerous area. Quite why professional football players can’t train themselves to use their weaker feet to kick a ball is another matter entirely.

Why do people pick on left footed players, saying that they are so called "One footed" when it's rarely said about right footed players??

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Coopers first 11 games on 10:56 - Aug 23 with 2644 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Coopers first 11 games on 10:53 - Aug 23 by theloneranger

Why do people pick on left footed players, saying that they are so called "One footed" when it's rarely said about right footed players??

True but I’m just saying that Bidwell in particular would rather pass concrete than pass with his right foot.

Coopers first 11 games on 12:53 - Aug 23 with 2586 viewsandypitt56

Coopers first 11 games on 10:56 - Aug 23 by Brynmill_Jack

True but I’m just saying that Bidwell in particular would rather pass concrete than pass with his right foot.

Im not getting carried away, we have started well and from what i have seen look to be playing some good football. I am just enjoying it for however long it lasts. I still see us finishing outside the play-offs, I just dont think we have the depth to sustain a push for play-offs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024