Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrup 20:55 - Aug 23 with 3839 viewspencoedjack

How come a club in the irk of Everton Newcastle Brighton West Ham have never offered him a job?

Silva at Everton has to be one of the most overrated managers ever & the rest of them have appointed garbage since he left us.
Laudrup on 01:06 - Aug 24 with 1059 viewsNotLoyal

Laudrup on 21:14 - Aug 23 by Oldjack

they checked his history ,lovely lad who plays the game the way it should be played ,but beware of his love for cups ,he'll get you one then lose all interest in your club ,shame that

All those clubs would love a cup, major honour, Cardiff would especially, not big enough though.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Laudrup on 05:46 - Aug 24 with 996 viewsdameedna

Laudrup on 21:00 - Aug 23 by builthjack

When you see clubs appointing the likes of Allardyce, Bruce, Maclaren etc, you do wonder what the hell is going on.

It is fascinating. Have a few colleagues who gave set their hearts on a pro managers job. Some if them are bitter about a closed shop. I listen to them however sone of the managers make me wonder. There is they say a boys club but I suppose it is all about getting in there. Laudrup probably had his own game if you get my drift.
Laudrup on 06:15 - Aug 24 with 986 viewsjacks777

Laudrup on 21:04 - Aug 23 by pencoedjack

Indeed the heights he took us too playing an attractive brand of football, it amazes me no other PL have taken a punt on him.

PL clubs were interested in him.
If you want the answer as to why he never managed another PL - look no further than the man himself. Basically he didn’t want too.
Laudrup on 10:24 - Aug 24 with 857 viewsvetchonian

Laudrup on 00:17 - Aug 24 by ItchySphincter

Ridiculous.

I am not he lost interest I have mentioned this before when Jackie Rockey left and was interviewed she spoke about Laudrup looking at Europe and that is why he focused on the League cup. I’m sure his focus the following season was winning the Euro’s league with our PL results becoming secondary especially with the injury list we encountered during the season start.
This conflicted with Hugh’s interests....plus the insistence that great coach Garry Monk had to be appointed to Laudrup ‘s staff probably led to a major breakdown in the manager/chairman relationship.
Imagine if we had gone on to win the Europa league. We may have got relegated but with the kudos of that plus the prize money along with parachute payments may have got us straight back up with a bit more financial security

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Laudrup on 10:38 - Aug 24 with 850 viewsBadlands

Laudrup on 10:24 - Aug 24 by vetchonian

I am not he lost interest I have mentioned this before when Jackie Rockey left and was interviewed she spoke about Laudrup looking at Europe and that is why he focused on the League cup. I’m sure his focus the following season was winning the Euro’s league with our PL results becoming secondary especially with the injury list we encountered during the season start.
This conflicted with Hugh’s interests....plus the insistence that great coach Garry Monk had to be appointed to Laudrup ‘s staff probably led to a major breakdown in the manager/chairman relationship.
Imagine if we had gone on to win the Europa league. We may have got relegated but with the kudos of that plus the prize money along with parachute payments may have got us straight back up with a bit more financial security

Our league form dropped when we had up 11 first team players on the injury list.
(6 -8 injuries carried for much of November - January)
When Laudrup was sacked we were 12th in the Premier League.
We'd had a couple of disappointing results and one poor performance.
Monk stuck is oar in and the rot started.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Laudrup on 10:50 - Aug 24 with 833 viewspencoedjack

Laudrup on 10:38 - Aug 24 by Badlands

Our league form dropped when we had up 11 first team players on the injury list.

Spot on.

Garry Monk & Micheal Laudrup in the same sentence still seems bizarre.

I was travelling a lot with work at the time Laudrup was gaffer, we were well known all around Europe for our brand of football & having some a legend of the football world as our gaffer.
Laudrup on 10:53 - Aug 24 with 828 viewsCooperman

That’s one of the most sensible posts you have ever made.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Laudrup on 11:08 - Aug 24 with 816 viewsploppy

It was downhill after Bradford though. We only won 8 of 35 PL matches after that. That's relegation form.
Login to get fewer ads

Laudrup on 11:35 - Aug 24 with 786 viewsicecoldjack

Laudrup on 21:14 - Aug 23 by Oldjack

they checked his history ,lovely lad who plays the game the way it should be played ,but beware of his love for cups ,he'll get you one then lose all interest in your club ,shame that

Yes I'm sure the likes of Newcastle and Everton would hate winning a cup !

Let's just remember that players had their flip flops on after winning our cup, if they maintained professional form then a higher league finish and definite interest from bigger clubs would have followed for all .

I'm not sure Laudrup is all that bothered anyway, I think he showed what could be done with a small premier league team like Swansea and his words in terms of where we needed to strengthen were proved 100% correct after.

Sign championship players, end up in the championship.

The players had too much power and Huw thought he knew better than everyone, it was never gonna end well really.
Laudrup on 12:39 - Aug 24 with 754 viewsGlyn1

Laudrup on 01:05 - Aug 24 by longlostjack

He got too big for his boots.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2019 1:09]

You mean he thought he knew more about football than Morgan and the other directors? That's very hard to believe.

In an alternate universe the Board decides to delay making a decision. We still beat Cardiff (1-0, Monk), scrape past Juventus on goal difference and the 2-week international break gives our injured players time to recover. Laudrup stays for another 2 years before managing Arsenal and taking Michu with him, the b*st#rd.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2019 12:44]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Laudrup on 12:45 - Aug 24 with 747 viewslonglostjack

Laudrup on 12:39 - Aug 24 by Glyn1

You mean he thought he knew more about football than Morgan and the other directors? That's very hard to believe.

In an alternate universe the Board decides to delay making a decision. We still beat Cardiff (1-0, Monk), scrape past Juventus on goal difference and the 2-week international break gives our injured players time to recover. Laudrup stays for another 2 years before managing Arsenal and taking Michu with him, the b*st#rd.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2019 12:44]

I was referring to HJ.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Laudrup on 12:52 - Aug 24 with 737 viewsGlyn1

Laudrup on 12:45 - Aug 24 by longlostjack

I was referring to HJ.

Sorry, my mistake. HJ probably did think that, it certainly would't be difficult.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Laudrup on 14:52 - Aug 24 with 682 viewsBadlands

Laudrup on 10:50 - Aug 24 by pencoedjack

Spot on.

Garry Monk & Micheal Laudrup in the same sentence still seems bizarre.

I was travelling a lot with work at the time Laudrup was gaffer, we were well known all around Europe for our brand of football & having some a legend of the football world as our gaffer.

I got around a bit as well.
I was in the Madrid underground and from a distance I thought I saw a group of Real players on a poster advertising a Football channel.
As I got closer I realised the white wasn't Real Madrid ... it was the Swans led to advertise the Premier League. Michu, Chico, Dyer and Rangel.
I almost cried.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Laudrup on 14:56 - Aug 24 with 679 viewsDarran

Laudrup on 14:52 - Aug 24 by Badlands

I got around a bit as well.
I was in the Madrid underground and from a distance I thought I saw a group of Real players on a poster advertising a Football channel.
As I got closer I realised the white wasn't Real Madrid ... it was the Swans led to advertise the Premier League. Michu, Chico, Dyer and Rangel.
I almost cried.

Well you can blame that Judas ćunt Jenkins for fuçking it all up then.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrup on 19:42 - Aug 25 with 568 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Laudrup on 00:17 - Aug 24 by ItchySphincter

Ridiculous.

Get a grip, you're losing it

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Laudrup on 19:44 - Aug 25 with 561 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Excellent post

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Laudrup on 23:57 - Aug 25 with 466 viewsItchySphincter

Good God. Some people have really got spunk on in their eyes.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Laudrup on 00:00 - Aug 26 with 464 viewsDarran

Laudrup on 23:57 - Aug 25 by ItchySphincter

Good God. Some people have really got spunk on in their eyes.

It’s pitiful JG. Same ones every time too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrup on 03:34 - Aug 26 with 431 viewsWanderer

Didn't I read somewhere he hated games being played over the Xmas & New Year period?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024