Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? 20:10 - Aug 25 with 7486 viewsJacTawe

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

[Post edited 25 Aug 2019 20:19]

Poll: The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence?

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 17:24 - Aug 27 with 1303 viewsKilkennyjack

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 08:12 - Aug 26 by Brynmill_Jack

For some posters who advocate independence it has everything to do with hating England. A massive inferiority complex .

Total bollox.

Welsh independence has everything to do with Wales, and not England....

Its about being an equal progressive modern small nation in Europe, like Ireland or Denmark.

Look at Brexit, Scotland and Wales totally ignored.
Ireland at the top table.

Wales is the poorest part of Western Europe, are you really happy with that ?
Things need to change. And they will change.
Its just a matter of time. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 🇪🇺 🇪🇺

Beware of the Risen People

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 17:39 - Aug 27 with 1285 viewsjacabertawe

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 08:12 - Aug 26 by Brynmill_Jack

For some posters who advocate independence it has everything to do with hating England. A massive inferiority complex .

Even your using the caveat "some" does not mean that this post is not total nonsense.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 17:55 - Aug 27 with 1268 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 17:39 - Aug 27 by jacabertawe

Even your using the caveat "some" does not mean that this post is not total nonsense.

It may not for you but for Trampie, Kilkenny and the other Irish republican it most certainly is true.
All haters of our glorious union which stood in the way of a united Europe twice before. I can include you in that I take it?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 18:16 - Aug 27 with 1256 views34dfgdf54

Why would anyone, if they aren’t from Cardiff vote for Welsh Independence. Mental.
The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 18:40 - Aug 27 with 1246 viewsjohnlangy

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 07:12 - Aug 26 by yescomeon

No reason why Swansea would have to switch to the Welsh league system after independence.

Also don't see what hating England has to do with Welsh independence movement.

They might, they might not. But, as you say, no connection whatsoever.
The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 19:17 - Aug 27 with 1227 viewsjacabertawe

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 17:55 - Aug 27 by Brynmill_Jack

It may not for you but for Trampie, Kilkenny and the other Irish republican it most certainly is true.
All haters of our glorious union which stood in the way of a united Europe twice before. I can include you in that I take it?

You just got even sillier, if possible.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? (n/t) on 20:01 - Aug 27 with 1194 viewsLandore_Jack

[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 20:04]

#backtojack

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 21:22 - Aug 27 with 1163 viewsKilkennyjack

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 17:55 - Aug 27 by Brynmill_Jack

Its not the 1950s.

I don't want Brexit ...but it ends the union.
Scotland will be free.
Ireland will be united.

Wales then has a straight choice - wales-shire, or a small progressive western european democracy.

Login to get fewer ads

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 22:22 - Aug 27 with 1141 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 19:17 - Aug 27 by jacabertawe

You just got even sillier, if possible.

An independent Wales dependent on Europe. There, I just did it again.

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 22:55 - Aug 27 with 1129 viewsKilkennyjack

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 22:22 - Aug 27 by Brynmill_Jack

An independent Wales dependent on Europe. There, I just did it again.

Worked out great for Ireland 🇮🇪 👍

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 22:57 - Aug 27 with 1126 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 22:55 - Aug 27 by Kilkennyjack

Yeah, f*cking swell. No economy and tied to a dying currency. Crack on though , eh.

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 23:11 - Aug 27 with 1122 viewsBytholWyn

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 22:57 - Aug 27 by Brynmill_Jack

Yeah, f*cking swell. No economy and tied to a dying currency. Crack on though , eh.

You're referring to Wales right?
The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 23:32 - Aug 27 with 1109 viewsirishswan546

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 22:57 - Aug 27 by Brynmill_Jack

A few years ago I would have agreed with you about our economy (not about Independence), but we're not doing to bad at moment, Allot more jobs for those who want to work than there was previously. Though that could easily change depending on Brexit goes.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 23:38]
The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 23:33 - Aug 27 with 1109 viewsKilkennyjack

Really ?

On a conservative estimate, the Irish are now over 25 per cent richer than their UK counterparts. Irish income per capita rose from €13,934 in 1995 to €40,655 in 2018 – growth of 192 per cent. In contrast, UK income per capita rose from £21,716 in 1995 to £30,594 in 2018 – growth of roughly 41 per cent. Ireland is growing nearly five times faster than the UK every year.

Facts, not opinion.

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 23:02 - Aug 28 with 998 viewsCwmafanJack

Annibyniaeth i gymru. The independence march in merthyr on the 7th will take a lot of people by surprise and bust the myth that nobody in the south is for independence. Magnified by the brexit mess I can genuinely see wales becoming independent within the next 5 years. If youd have asked me that a year ago I'd have laughed myself to the pub. Cymru rydd 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Poll: Senedd election ( only few days away ) Voting intentions?

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 23:24 - Aug 28 with 977 viewsEbo

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 06:39 - Aug 26 by jacks777

Because they think it’s still 1980 and Harry the dog is leading Millwall’s F-Troop into battle.
The Russians are over 20 years to late joining the party.

They would have still battered that lot twenty years ago. Lager louts vs sober trained ex military fighters.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 04:43 - Aug 29 with 909 viewsKilkennyjack

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 23:24 - Aug 28 by Ebo

They would have still battered that lot twenty years ago. Lager louts vs sober trained ex military fighters.

True.

The only question is ....why the Russians targeted the English fans.

Totally fun and friendly in Toulouse with the Welsh fans just days later.

Cymru rydd 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 4:44]

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 07:03 - Aug 29 with 889 viewsItchySphincter

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 18:16 - Aug 27 by 34dfgdf54

Why would anyone, if they aren’t from Cardiff vote for Welsh Independence. Mental.

Because people are small minded and stupid. Surely the Assembly is stark reminder.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 07:14 - Aug 29 with 888 viewsSkipTheJack

As a Welsh nationalist who has always believed strongly in Welsh independence I would suggest that those of us who back independence are amongst the least likely to join in with mindless anti-English chants.

Welsh nationalists, like Scottish nationalists, are generally a well educated and pretty civilised bunch. I don't hate England; I see England as the closest allies of an independent Wales.
The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 07:24 - Aug 29 with 882 viewsThornburyswan

Haven't voted as OP asked the anti-England chanters & as I live over the bridge tend not to join in but if you want my vote it's a 'no'' on both football & economic grounds - little interest in political perspective.
The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 07:51 - Aug 29 with 855 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 21:22 - Aug 27 by Kilkennyjack

Its not the 1950s.

I don't want Brexit ...but it ends the union.
Scotland will be free.
Ireland will be united.

Wales then has a straight choice - wales-shire, or a small progressive western european democracy.

The people of NI have voted many times to remain part of the UK. Would you deny them their democratic right to do so.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 07:54 - Aug 29 with 850 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 22:55 - Aug 27 by Kilkennyjack

Has it? Not when the EU imposes hard borders on the Irish republic and imposes tariffs between the republic and it's largest trading partner.

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 08:04 - Aug 29 with 842 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 23:33 - Aug 27 by Kilkennyjack

Really ?

On a conservative estimate, the Irish are now over 25 per cent richer than their UK counterparts. Irish income per capita rose from €13,934 in 1995 to €40,655 in 2018 – growth of 192 per cent. In contrast, UK income per capita rose from £21,716 in 1995 to £30,594 in 2018 – growth of roughly 41 per cent. Ireland is growing nearly five times faster than the UK every year.

Facts, not opinion.

You seem to ignore the fact that over 25% of the Irish gdp is just companies like Amazon etc routing their EU profits and turnover via the republic. It does not reflect the actual performance of the irish economy or the higher unemployment rate.
67% of irish people have jobs compared to 87% in UK

Why let facts get in the way of rommantic views of the emerald isle.

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 08:55 - Aug 29 with 823 viewsBadlands

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 08:04 - Aug 29 by felixstowe_jack

You seem to ignore the fact that over 25% of the Irish gdp is just companies like Amazon etc routing their EU profits and turnover via the republic. It does not reflect the actual performance of the irish economy or the higher unemployment rate.
67% of irish people have jobs compared to 87% in UK

Why let facts get in the way of rommantic views of the emerald isle.

UK employment figures includes anyone with a job for an hour week as long as it is regular an NI is paid and is calculated from age 16, in RoI it's 15.

According to Businesinsder. the figures in the UK are misleading (don't know about RoI)
'In reality, about 21.5% of all working-age people (defined as ages 16 to 64) are without jobs, or 8.83 million people, according to the Office for National Statistics.'

But I agree 'Why let facts get in the way of rommantic views of the emerald isle. or wonderful Englandshire (sorry - UK&N)

There are 134 countries with a lower population than Wales but the 3.5 million would fall dramatically is the 600,000 English colonisers were exposed to standard immigration laws.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 09:16 - Aug 29 with 814 viewsjohnlangy

The anti England chanters, would you vote for Welsh independence? on 17:24 - Aug 27 by Kilkennyjack

Total bollox.

Welsh independence has everything to do with Wales, and not England....

Its about being an equal progressive modern small nation in Europe, like Ireland or Denmark.

Look at Brexit, Scotland and Wales totally ignored.
Ireland at the top table.

Wales is the poorest part of Western Europe, are you really happy with that ?
Things need to change. And they will change.
Its just a matter of time. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 🇪🇺 🇪🇺

Well said kk.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024