Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . 23:59 - Aug 26 with 16403 viewsbluenile

Some big European clubs after Andre Ayew, however . . . . . . . . Only if we pay part of his wages! Errrr yes, we'll pay his wages in part so that he can't play for us? Somehow, I don't see Mr Birch agreeing to that one.

Sorry, forgot to put this link.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/italian-giants-report
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 0:02]

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 00:10 - Aug 27 with 6469 viewsHighjack

If you were black would you go to Lazio where you’re likely to be abused every week?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 00:16 - Aug 27 with 6451 viewsbuilthjack

We will see if Birch is a saviour or a c@nt with this one.
A true test.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 00:25 - Aug 27 with 6427 viewsjasper_T

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 00:10 - Aug 27 by Highjack

If you were black would you go to Lazio where you’re likely to be abused every week?

Don't ask us ask Lukaku's brother or some of his teammates.
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 00:28 - Aug 27 with 6422 viewsBrynmill_Jack

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 00:16 - Aug 27 by builthjack

We will see if Birch is a saviour or a c@nt with this one.
A true test.

Indeed. The saving grace is that being a true football man he can see that keeping Ayew means promotion and being able to sell him next summer for a decent fee.

If the Americans overrule him on this it will be a massive kick in the balls for all of us. And will frankly ensure that they miss out on that massive promotion windfall. After all the positivity now surrounding the club would they seriously jeopardize our chances for a fraction of the money they could make? Seems illogical.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 00:31 - Aug 27 with 6418 viewsbuilthjack

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 00:28 - Aug 27 by Brynmill_Jack

Indeed. The saving grace is that being a true football man he can see that keeping Ayew means promotion and being able to sell him next summer for a decent fee.

If the Americans overrule him on this it will be a massive kick in the balls for all of us. And will frankly ensure that they miss out on that massive promotion windfall. After all the positivity now surrounding the club would they seriously jeopardize our chances for a fraction of the money they could make? Seems illogical.

There are positives at the club Brynnie, that I didn't expect. If they loan Ayew out now they will ruin all that. Up to them.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 00:40 - Aug 27 with 6408 viewsnyc_swans

i know people love Ayew again, and think he won't move... but realistically you can't have a player on his wages in the championship if you're trying to balance your books. i expect he will go if a club offers to take him permanently. would be nice if he stayed, but you can't lose sight of the big picture. it's a long season.
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 00:52 - Aug 27 with 6386 viewsHighjack

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 00:40 - Aug 27 by nyc_swans

i know people love Ayew again, and think he won't move... but realistically you can't have a player on his wages in the championship if you're trying to balance your books. i expect he will go if a club offers to take him permanently. would be nice if he stayed, but you can't lose sight of the big picture. it's a long season.

Yep.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 01:00 - Aug 27 with 6375 viewsJJJack

If you think that then I’m afraid you understand the price of everything & the value of nothing. Just like your countrymen, our owners. For a start we desperately need experienced pros to help our younger players- Ayew can & does do this; similarly Borja. But in pure financial terms, £80k/week is about £3.4m per season. Yes that’s a huge amount BUT, say you wanted a like for like replacement- that would cost millions and wages wise, maybe £30-40k/week. So where’s the gain in getting shot of him? Now we’ve made such a great start, what is he worth if he helps us to the Premier? Think of the opportunity cost of losing him and it stops us going up....
Login to get fewer ads

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 01:09 - Aug 27 with 6366 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Question - we’ve banked (not sure if the payments are up front or structured) up to 35 million pounds for two very young academy products (not our academy but we developed them) - one of whom was a complete surprise (James) so a totally unexpected windfall . We got way over the odds for both combined. And we didn’t need to look for replacements - we already had them!

Ayew’s wage is somewhere between 4 to 5 million a year - even if we could replace him where would we find a player that fits in the side so well for 5 million pounds. Especially when there’s 160 million in prize money for promotion - plus his sale figure at the end of the season?

There’s balancing the books - but also there’s throwing the baby out with the bath water. No brainer to keep now Nels.

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 01:10 - Aug 27 with 6364 viewsBrynmill_Jack

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 01:00 - Aug 27 by JJJack

If you think that then I’m afraid you understand the price of everything & the value of nothing. Just like your countrymen, our owners. For a start we desperately need experienced pros to help our younger players- Ayew can & does do this; similarly Borja. But in pure financial terms, £80k/week is about £3.4m per season. Yes that’s a huge amount BUT, say you wanted a like for like replacement- that would cost millions and wages wise, maybe £30-40k/week. So where’s the gain in getting shot of him? Now we’ve made such a great start, what is he worth if he helps us to the Premier? Think of the opportunity cost of losing him and it stops us going up....

You said it better than me .

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 01:13 - Aug 27 with 6364 viewsnyc_swans

i don't think the squad, as constructed, was ever supposed to include Ayew. so there's no sense in thinking about the cost of a replacement for him. there are younger, cheaper players who were intended to be in his position.

and i know it's been a great start, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. talk of going up is premature at best. once ayew has a couple bad games the sentiment on him will change drastically.
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 01:18 - Aug 27 with 6352 viewsHighjack

I’m not a betting man but if I was I’d put 75p and a Jaffa cake on them making a calculated risk and will look at where we are in January.

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 07:07 - Aug 27 with 6128 viewsBrynmill_Jack

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 01:13 - Aug 27 by nyc_swans

i don't think the squad, as constructed, was ever supposed to include Ayew. so there's no sense in thinking about the cost of a replacement for him. there are younger, cheaper players who were intended to be in his position.

and i know it's been a great start, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. talk of going up is premature at best. once ayew has a couple bad games the sentiment on him will change drastically.

The squad perhaps was constructed with a view that James would still be here but then the unexpected happened and we got a massive amount of money for him!

With McBurnies fee the money massively dwarfs and liability of Ayews wage and therefore gives us the unlikely luxury of being able to afford him.

This is the perfect shot a redemption for our owners - a chance to finally shut up the “they’re only here to asset strip” naysayers and if we manage to get promoted gives them a massively salesble asset and all their outlay back and more. This decision will tell us everything . A pivotal moment in their tenure.

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 07:16 - Aug 27 with 6105 viewsDr_Winston

We don't want a like for like replacement though. We want one whose wages don't comprise a good 20-25% of our entire parachute payment next year. Spending cash we can't really afford in the long run on a promotion push is exactly what drops teams in the shit.

If people want us to be in the market to sign players for cash in January or next summer, or even keep fully funding the academy then Andre Ayew needs to move on.

If he's still here come September then we'll just crack on. If we're five or six points clear in the top two come January then that's a decision worth considering. Now? If a decent offer comes in then Birch will let him go, and rightly so.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 07:29 - Aug 27 with 6059 viewssainthelens

Please or offend, the ones on here who say he's gotta go for sale of long term financial security/or it makes sense, are not true fans sorry. Makes my gut turn that we could lose out on a fantastic chance if promotion cos certain individuals have literally no fckn foresight.
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 07:38 - Aug 27 with 6011 viewsmonmouth

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 00:52 - Aug 27 by Highjack

Yep.

I can’t believe people think keeping Ayew will get us promoted. He’s ok but totally not indispensable. Baston would be another kettle of bananas.

If it makes financial sense to birch, and I mean concrete financial sense as of now, not compared to some unicorn he’ll get us promoted rubbish, he will be gone.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 07:39 - Aug 27 with 6011 viewsDr_Winston

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 07:29 - Aug 27 by sainthelens

Please or offend, the ones on here who say he's gotta go for sale of long term financial security/or it makes sense, are not true fans sorry. Makes my gut turn that we could lose out on a fantastic chance if promotion cos certain individuals have literally no fckn foresight.

Less than five weeks ago this was your prediction for our season:

"14th/15th.
Gonna be a struggle but will scrape away from relegation."

Perhaps given your track record you might rethink having a go at other people's foresight or "true fan" status?

Birch can't afford to be as changeable as people like you.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 07:43 - Aug 27 with 5991 viewsPrivate_Partz

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 07:29 - Aug 27 by sainthelens

I agree. I must say I cannot comprehend their logic.
We could be in with a shout of promotion with these two experienced players backed up by promising youngsters coming through the ranks. If they and we fail come the end of the season then they can still be off loaded.
To throw a chance like this away for a few measly quid would be utter madness.
Keep the squad as it is.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 07:46 - Aug 27 with 5974 viewsmarchamjack

Unlike us, Birch isn’t a fan and he’s working under orders. I know he says he’s in complete control, but let’s be realistic here, that’s only within some set parameters by the Yanks.

Given our start though, I do think it’s going to give them some pause for thought at least, which wasn’t ever expected before the season kicked off. But if they remain unchanged regardless then Birch will be told to ship him out.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 07:49 - Aug 27 with 5965 viewsMagic_Michu

Ayew has another season with us after this... he’s currently only valued at around £4-5 million.

He has a decent season with us and his value will have increased and we’d recoup the money for his wages at the end of the year.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 07:51 - Aug 27 with 5952 viewsmonmouth

If you think Andre Ayew will decide whether we are promoted, you’re off your chump.

I hope he stays, as I think he can play a part in a long season, and that it’s because we can afford him. But it’s not about ‘fans’, it’s about Birch, who is not a fan and has a specific job to do. It’s also about Ayew and his ego, who has made it clear he has no desire to scrub around in the Championship.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 07:52 - Aug 27 with 5947 viewssP7qupUf

I can see the pros and cons of both points of view. However, loaning him out and still paying a percentage of his wages does not seem to make a great deal of sense. If that was to be the case I would prefer to take the improved chances of a shot at promotion route rather than the financial stance.
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 08:02 - Aug 27 with 5896 viewssainthelens

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 07:39 - Aug 27 by Dr_Winston

Less than five weeks ago this was your prediction for our season:

"14th/15th.
Gonna be a struggle but will scrape away from relegation."

Perhaps given your track record you might rethink having a go at other people's foresight or "true fan" status?

Birch can't afford to be as changeable as people like you.

Given the fact I thought we'd finish mid table in no way has any bearing on what "true fan " status could be. Was being realistic at that particular time. I'm more than happy to 're adjust my prediction, as should the powers that be. There was probably a handful that thought we'd be playing as we are. So to have a pop at where I thought we'd end up is pedantic at best.
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 08:06 - Aug 27 with 5877 viewssainthelens

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 07:51 - Aug 27 by monmouth

If you think Andre Ayew will decide whether we are promoted, you’re off your chump.

I hope he stays, as I think he can play a part in a long season, and that it’s because we can afford him. But it’s not about ‘fans’, it’s about Birch, who is not a fan and has a specific job to do. It’s also about Ayew and his ego, who has made it clear he has no desire to scrub around in the Championship.

I'd agree about Ayew and his ego, but we've witnessed nothing that he's not interested so far. In fact, the opportunity of potentially ripping up this league will enhance his ego...he could thrive on it.
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 08:11 - Aug 27 with 5844 viewsDr_Winston

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 08:02 - Aug 27 by sainthelens

Given the fact I thought we'd finish mid table in no way has any bearing on what "true fan " status could be. Was being realistic at that particular time. I'm more than happy to 're adjust my prediction, as should the powers that be. There was probably a handful that thought we'd be playing as we are. So to have a pop at where I thought we'd end up is pedantic at best.

Yet you're quite happy to have a pop at the true fan status of people who don't think we can afford to spend upwards of £4m just for one possible promotion push.

You can afford to "adjust your prediction". People with more responsibility cannot.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024