Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . 23:59 - Aug 26 with 16556 viewsbluenile

Some big European clubs after Andre Ayew, however . . . . . . . . Only if we pay part of his wages! Errrr yes, we'll pay his wages in part so that he can't play for us? Somehow, I don't see Mr Birch agreeing to that one.

Sorry, forgot to put this link.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/italian-giants-report
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 0:02]

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 10:48 - Aug 27 with 2000 viewsCaptain_Sham

Inter Milan considering Bony move (27th August)

Inter Milan are considering offering former Swansea City forward Wilfried Bony a short-term contract. The 30-year-old was released by the Welsh side over the summer and has recently trained with Newport County

Its just a ride.

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 10:49 - Aug 27 with 2000 viewsNotLoyal

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 10:22 - Aug 27 by jackjackjackjack

A month ago he was hated -
Ayew by NotLoyal 31 Jul 2019 15:21
Is this idiot training with the sqaud ?

Now he's going to lead us to promotion. The fickleness of football fans.

You mix up the attitude of a player, and his lack of appreciation for our club and his personal agenda to work hard when it suits to get a bigger club and contract. Fickle ? No,just little bit more wiser as to what really matters at our football club than some ...
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 10:50]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 10:54 - Aug 27 with 1978 viewschad

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 07:51 - Aug 27 by monmouth

If you think Andre Ayew will decide whether we are promoted, you’re off your chump.

I hope he stays, as I think he can play a part in a long season, and that it’s because we can afford him. But it’s not about ‘fans’, it’s about Birch, who is not a fan and has a specific job to do. It’s also about Ayew and his ego, who has made it clear he has no desire to scrub around in the Championship.

Certainly Ayew’s current contribution is excellent.

If he has no desire to scrub around in the Championship, seems he is not the only one.

After suggesting the championship was very nice, but of no interest to anyone outside the UK. Our majority owners on their strategy if we were relegated from the PL....

“Our opportunities for growing our commercial revenue are going to be dramatically hindered”

“our primary and our secondary and our tertiary objective will be getting back there”
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 11:02 - Aug 27 with 1953 viewsjack247

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 10:49 - Aug 27 by NotLoyal

You mix up the attitude of a player, and his lack of appreciation for our club and his personal agenda to work hard when it suits to get a bigger club and contract. Fickle ? No,just little bit more wiser as to what really matters at our football club than some ...
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 10:50]

It really doesn’t matter whether he’s playing to a personal agenda. Most professional footballers do. He gives 100% when he is playing and is one of the better players in the Championship.

At the moment, he’s a massive asset on the pitch and a massive liability financially. We’ll soon find out which is more of a priority to our owners.
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 11:06 - Aug 27 with 1936 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Is it a fair question to ask whether his appetite for application and hard work will disappear when he can no longer get his move to a bigger stage?
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 11:06]

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 11:09 - Aug 27 with 1922 viewsMrSwerve

Firstly, as I said in a thread a few weeks ago, I’ve never bought the whole ‘Ayew is a bad egg and bad influence, leech, etc etc’ thing. He was given a contract by us, it’s our fault what he’s earning. He’s always seemed committed and switched on when he’s been around the club (unlike his brother).

Secondly, I think it’s a bit flippant to say that we don’t need him to be a force in the league and get promotion. Andre is a massive, massive boost to our squad and his link play with Baston will recoup the goals lost from McBurnie, and then some. Andre is a star player in this league...you could argue THE best player in the league. Selling him could be the difference between just missing out on the playoffs and automatic promotion.

Playing-wise, this is no longer a gamble. It’s not like it’s preseason and we’re unsure how he will perform. He has been integral in how we’ve started the season off, and it can only get better.

Obviously the finance is a bit of a sticking point, but surely with the money that was made from the Oli and James sales, it gives us a bit of a cushion for this season and possibly even next. It’s certainly not a ‘do or die’ gamble.

If we keep Ayew and Borja all season, I’m fairly confident that we’ll at least make the playoffs (hopefully both stay fit). There’s a massive confidence at the club now between the fans, management and players. Cooper seems to have slotted in perfectly and is doing a great job. You’ve got to ask yourself whether it’s worth jeopardising that.

I’d like for someone (the club?) to do a proper bit of financial analysis on what it would mean to keep Ayew this season, with numbers - and tell the fans exactly what it means for the club. Not just people saying he’s expensive and we need him off the books. Obviously he is expensive, but what does it ACTUALLY mean financially for us to keep hold of him.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 11:12]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 11:09 - Aug 27 with 1922 viewsWarwickHunt

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 10:01 - Aug 27 by Luther27

Fvck me, I agree with you!

Good lad. Keep taking the tablets.
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 11:14 - Aug 27 with 1898 viewssainthelens

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 11:09 - Aug 27 by MrSwerve

Firstly, as I said in a thread a few weeks ago, I’ve never bought the whole ‘Ayew is a bad egg and bad influence, leech, etc etc’ thing. He was given a contract by us, it’s our fault what he’s earning. He’s always seemed committed and switched on when he’s been around the club (unlike his brother).

Secondly, I think it’s a bit flippant to say that we don’t need him to be a force in the league and get promotion. Andre is a massive, massive boost to our squad and his link play with Baston will recoup the goals lost from McBurnie, and then some. Andre is a star player in this league...you could argue THE best player in the league. Selling him could be the difference between just missing out on the playoffs and automatic promotion.

Playing-wise, this is no longer a gamble. It’s not like it’s preseason and we’re unsure how he will perform. He has been integral in how we’ve started the season off, and it can only get better.

Obviously the finance is a bit of a sticking point, but surely with the money that was made from the Oli and James sales, it gives us a bit of a cushion for this season and possibly even next. It’s certainly not a ‘do or die’ gamble.

If we keep Ayew and Borja all season, I’m fairly confident that we’ll at least make the playoffs (hopefully both stay fit). There’s a massive confidence at the club now between the fans, management and players. Cooper seems to have slotted in perfectly and is doing a great job. You’ve got to ask yourself whether it’s worth jeopardising that.

I’d like for someone (the club?) to do a proper bit of financial analysis on what it would mean to keep Ayew this season, with numbers - and tell the fans exactly what it means for the club. Not just people saying he’s expensive and we need him off the books. Obviously he is expensive, but what does it ACTUALLY mean financially for us to keep hold of him.

Well said pal.
Login to get fewer ads

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 11:18 - Aug 27 with 1879 viewsDr_Winston

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 10:18 - Aug 27 by JJJack

You may be correct in stating what our Board may do. And I’m the last person to push us to spend recklessly. But it’s a proven fact that teams that don’t go back up within 2yrs struggle financially. In this instance (13pts from 15), and given we have bigger parachute payments this yr than in the future, and given the £30m + in sales, and given we can no longer bring in this window, then of course we should keep Ayew now we can see he’s prepared to put the shift in he’s paid for. He’s an excellent player at this level.

Most clubs who come down don't take an axe to the cost base like we did though.

I get the arguments for keeping him. Truly I do, and a part of me kinda hopes that we do. The logical part of my brain rejects keeping a player that we can't really afford if there's a chance to move him on though, as good as he's been lately.

That's not buying into the "attitude, mercenary" stuff which is mostly all bollocks. It's just financial reality. Yes we may not be struggling to afford him right now, but one bad knock to the knee leaves us paying a player we can't use nearly £400k per month. Birch has to factor that possibility in. He wouldn't be doing his job properly if he didn't.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 11:23 - Aug 27 with 1846 viewsBrynmill_Jack

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 11:18 - Aug 27 by Dr_Winston

Most clubs who come down don't take an axe to the cost base like we did though.

I get the arguments for keeping him. Truly I do, and a part of me kinda hopes that we do. The logical part of my brain rejects keeping a player that we can't really afford if there's a chance to move him on though, as good as he's been lately.

That's not buying into the "attitude, mercenary" stuff which is mostly all bollocks. It's just financial reality. Yes we may not be struggling to afford him right now, but one bad knock to the knee leaves us paying a player we can't use nearly £400k per month. Birch has to factor that possibility in. He wouldn't be doing his job properly if he didn't.

Won’t insurance cover knocks on knees ? Surely if he can’t play we should be covered for whatever the reason?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 11:25 - Aug 27 with 1839 viewsjasper_T

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 11:23 - Aug 27 by Brynmill_Jack

Won’t insurance cover knocks on knees ? Surely if he can’t play we should be covered for whatever the reason?

How much you you reckon the premium is on that. £10 a month cover it?
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 11:27 - Aug 27 with 1828 viewsSwanseaman

Spot on MrSwerve

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 11:29 - Aug 27 with 1824 viewsAnotherJohn

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 11:14 - Aug 27 by sainthelens

Well said pal.

Some good points. At a minimum, keeping Ayew until January and reassessing then does not seem to me a huge risk.
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 11:29 - Aug 27 with 1822 viewsmynamesjeff1

It would be absolute madness to get rid of him now. £1.5m hell cost us in wages up to January, that could easily be added on to his fee by then.

If we are mid table than sell, if we are in a very good position then we won’t need to. There are about 10 players out of contract the end of the season so that will be most of the cuts we need.
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 11:57 - Aug 27 with 1753 viewsdobjack2

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 11:29 - Aug 27 by mynamesjeff1

It would be absolute madness to get rid of him now. £1.5m hell cost us in wages up to January, that could easily be added on to his fee by then.

If we are mid table than sell, if we are in a very good position then we won’t need to. There are about 10 players out of contract the end of the season so that will be most of the cuts we need.

It isn’t easy to sell Ayew because of the stupid wages we agreed in his contract. Not his fault. Also why clubs want us to pay part of his wages for taking him on loan.

There is no easy solution; it’s a mess that other teams have got into in the past and one that our ex-chairman said wouldn’t happen to us.
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 11:59 - Aug 27 with 1746 viewsLuther27

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 11:29 - Aug 27 by mynamesjeff1

The one that concerns me is the silence surrounding VDH.
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 12:07 - Aug 27 with 1716 viewsBadlands

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 11:59 - Aug 27 by Luther27

Not much being said about McKay either!
Seriously though, Birch and before him Pearlman said little or nothing about transfers until here was something definite to say.
As far as the club is concerned transfers in and out are announced when the deal is done. It seems rumours come from other clubs and the players (agents).

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 12:15 - Aug 27 with 1686 viewsjackjackjackjack

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 11:57 - Aug 27 by dobjack2

It isn’t easy to sell Ayew because of the stupid wages we agreed in his contract. Not his fault. Also why clubs want us to pay part of his wages for taking him on loan.

There is no easy solution; it’s a mess that other teams have got into in the past and one that our ex-chairman said wouldn’t happen to us.

Maybe he doesn't want to leave anyway, nevermind the clubs desires to get rid.

Somebody posted that his children were settled in a Swansea school; and he might not have enjoyed last year's loan spell, so his intention could be to stay in swansea for the next 2 seasons picking up 80k a week, and then to leave on a free, getting a nice lump sum signing-on fee from his next club.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 12:18 - Aug 27 with 1677 viewsNeath_Jack

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 10:22 - Aug 27 by jackjackjackjack

Beautiful

Start the car, get rid, f*cking mercenary etc.

Now he's our great saviour.

I love this site on times (very rarely these days).

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 12:33 - Aug 27 with 1621 viewsdobjack2

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 11:59 - Aug 27 by Luther27

I expect him to leave on a free at the end of the season
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 12:41 - Aug 27 with 1586 viewsSwanseaman

Good to see some sensible postings on that thread:

nyc_swans

any evidence that he's an idiot or that he's refused to train?

hardly his fault the club panic bought him and gave him a huge contract. i'd think you should direct your ire elsewhere.

-----

jack_lord

Ayew is a good player though and played better for us when his brother wasn't here. I think he may do well at Newcastle and may be motivated in the right system. He was playing in a doomed team that nearly stayed up until Carvahal panicked. It is best for him and us, obviously, if he gets a good deal and we get paid.

-----

Private_Partz

Many on here were saying the same about Baston not so long ago. Having a bit of a rethink now.

-----

jackharris

Definitely accept him if he puts in 100% and doesn’t rock the boat in anyway.

-----

jackrmee

100%
Could be like another new signing.

-----

karnataka

If Andre genuinely wants to play rather than just something to do on a Saturday afternoon and is prepared to put a shift in every time he's on the pitch as well as in training, then clearly he could be a big asset to us

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 12:48 - Aug 27 with 1552 viewsjack247

It’s a great post top to bottom, but the last sentence is the most salient.

I’d guess none of us know the financial implications of him staying and how that balances out with parachute payments, legacy PL contracts, sales of McBurnie and James, reduced match day and commercial income etc.

Without knowing that, some of us could be making arguments that could (at best) cause is to sell another £20-30m worth of players in the summer without really replacing them, whereas others may be arguing to sacrifice one of our biggest on pitch assets to desperately save wages we can actually afford.
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 12:51 - Aug 27 with 1545 viewsLuther27

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 12:33 - Aug 27 by dobjack2

I expect him to leave on a free at the end of the season

And we lose money on a decent player. You'd think the club should have been more proactive offering a new contract just to keep a value on him. The fact he was left in limbo when HJ left has probably made his mind up for him.
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 12:56 - Aug 27 with 1525 viewsUxbridge

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 09:33 - Aug 27 by WarwickHunt

Obviously depends on how good an offer we get.
If it’s a loan where we’re still paying part of his wages or a derisory transfer fee they can fûck right off.

If he keeps up these performances and we stay top six there’ll be a few thousand more bums on seats and his value will increase.

We’re not betting the farm on him so, if we don’t get a good offer, let’s see where we are in January.

Which, of course, is the right answer. All about the detail.

I can't see much value in us part funding his wages somewhere else for this season. We're only postponing an issue for next summer, we're not helping ourselves in the meantime and we're not maximising the potential return if we did sell as he'll be harser to sell.

Now, if someone comes in this week offering to buy then that's a whole other kettle.

He's shown himself pretty motivated this last few weeks. Whether that's due to the window or not I don't know, and that's a worry if he doesn't continue that if he stays.

I disagree with Monny a bit though. A fit, motivated Ayew could well be the difference maker in this league. The difference between the best and rest is quality in the final third, and he's a cut above most in this league. Baston might just be too. I mean they both should be of course given their price tags but, when we were all assessing squads this summer, I didn't give much hope that both would be a) playing and b) playing well and seem motivated. Credit to Cooper et al for that.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 13:03 - Aug 27 with 1489 viewsBrynmill_Jack

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 11:25 - Aug 27 by jasper_T

How much you you reckon the premium is on that. £10 a month cover it?

You’re a bit of a pedantic tw*t aren’t you. I don’t know how much it costs , why would I? We’re obviously paying it. I would imagine the premium reflects (proportionately) the wage.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024