Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . 23:59 - Aug 26 with 16482 viewsbluenile

Some big European clubs after Andre Ayew, however . . . . . . . . Only if we pay part of his wages! Errrr yes, we'll pay his wages in part so that he can't play for us? Somehow, I don't see Mr Birch agreeing to that one.

Sorry, forgot to put this link.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/italian-giants-report
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 0:02]

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 13:26 - Aug 27 with 2626 viewsjasper_T

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 13:03 - Aug 27 by Brynmill_Jack

You’re a bit of a pedantic tw*t aren’t you. I don’t know how much it costs , why would I? We’re obviously paying it. I would imagine the premium reflects (proportionately) the wage.

You're claiming that if he's injured he won't cost us anything. That's obviously false.
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 13:38 - Aug 27 with 2592 viewsHighjack

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 11:23 - Aug 27 by Brynmill_Jack

Won’t insurance cover knocks on knees ? Surely if he can’t play we should be covered for whatever the reason?

If that were true we would have kneecapped him ourselves instead of trying to loan him out.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 13:43 - Aug 27 with 2576 viewsPorthcawlswan

Nixon seems to think there is a potential deal, but nothing concrete
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 13:45 - Aug 27 with 2563 viewsBrynmill_Jack

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 13:26 - Aug 27 by jasper_T

You're claiming that if he's injured he won't cost us anything. That's obviously false.

Never said that did I.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 13:46 - Aug 27 with 2557 viewsHighjack

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 13:43 - Aug 27 by Porthcawlswan

Nixon seems to think there is a potential deal, but nothing concrete

Well either way he’s absolutely spot on. Something might happen but then again it might not. Where would we be without his razor sharp football insight?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 13:49 - Aug 27 with 2545 viewsPorthcawlswan

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 13:46 - Aug 27 by Highjack

Well either way he’s absolutely spot on. Something might happen but then again it might not. Where would we be without his razor sharp football insight?

As I've said previously I think he's a txsser but more often than not he gets things right and judging by his replies thinks it's more likely he'll go as our "owners still want money in"
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 14:13 - Aug 27 with 2478 viewspencoedjack

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 13:49 - Aug 27 by Porthcawlswan

As I've said previously I think he's a txsser but more often than not he gets things right and judging by his replies thinks it's more likely he'll go as our "owners still want money in"

Maybe I’m reading to much into it but when he left the field Saturday looked like a goodbye.

Hope I’m wrong
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 14:38 - Aug 27 with 2416 viewsWarwickHunt

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 13:38 - Aug 27 by Highjack

If that were true we would have kneecapped him ourselves instead of trying to loan him out.

We tried that with Clucas but no one could tell the difference.
Login to get fewer ads

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 14:58 - Aug 27 with 2352 views34dfgdf54

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 14:13 - Aug 27 by pencoedjack

Maybe I’m reading to much into it but when he left the field Saturday looked like a goodbye.

Hope I’m wrong

I've seen a few people saying that.

Owners still want the money in so I reckon a deal could be imminent.
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 15:08 - Aug 27 with 2326 viewsBadlands

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 11:23 - Aug 27 by Brynmill_Jack

Won’t insurance cover knocks on knees ? Surely if he can’t play we should be covered for whatever the reason?

Wouldn't there be a set of conditions along the lines of club pays first month, insurance kicks in for up to 240 days in one year then it reduced payments?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 15:10 - Aug 27 with 2313 viewsbluenile

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 14:13 - Aug 27 by pencoedjack

Hope I’m wrong

Here we go . . . . . . . Paranoia strikes. FFS!

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 15:12 - Aug 27 with 2309 viewsSwansea93

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 14:58 - Aug 27 by 34dfgdf54

I've seen a few people saying that.

Owners still want the money in so I reckon a deal could be imminent.

Borja was waving to the fans also, Andre was always going to leave once there was clubs interested,we're stacked out wide at the minute and the Yanks will want to cash in, a loan deal makes no sense imo he'd have to be sold.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 15:12 - Aug 27 with 2306 viewsmike1

Hope I’m wrong

Agree. With you, last one off Saturday and looking as though he was taking it all in for the last time. Hope not
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 15:20 - Aug 27 with 2273 viewsmynamesjeff1

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 15:12 - Aug 27 by mike1

Agree. With you, last one off Saturday and looking as though he was taking it all in for the last time. Hope not

Didn’t seem very interested body language wise on each of our goals either.
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 15:27 - Aug 27 with 2244 viewsSwanseaman

The Yanks want to get back up to the Premiership, we know this.

I'd be surprised if Ayew leaves. With the form we are in, and with Ayew performing as well as he has, the chances of them taking some risks to give us a better chance at promotion, must be a lot higher now.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 16:04 - Aug 27 with 2147 viewscostalotta

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 11:25 - Aug 27 by jasper_T

How much you you reckon the premium is on that. £10 a month cover it?

Try compare the market dot com.
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 16:17 - Aug 27 with 2092 viewsThornburyswan

Hope I’m wrong

Watched from a bar in Rhodes so can't really comment on his post game waving but strongly suspect our American friends would not have allowed him to play if his exit was all but done, particularly if it's a fee + permanent sale (as opposed to a part subsidised loan).

As with most on here I'd prefer we speculated & kept him at least until January to see where we sit in the league but fully expect him to be offski if any fee akin to his brother's get's put to Birch.
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 16:30 - Aug 27 with 2054 viewsmonmouth

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 16:17 - Aug 27 by Thornburyswan

Watched from a bar in Rhodes so can't really comment on his post game waving but strongly suspect our American friends would not have allowed him to play if his exit was all but done, particularly if it's a fee + permanent sale (as opposed to a part subsidised loan).

As with most on here I'd prefer we speculated & kept him at least until January to see where we sit in the league but fully expect him to be offski if any fee akin to his brother's get's put to Birch.

I was in Rhodes last week. Really surprised how lovely it was...don’t know why...just expecting something more horrendously developed.

Anyway Ayew. No point in gnashing teeth. Birch will make a hard headed decision based on offers and facts, not chasing dreams. As others have said we are deliberately overstocked on the wings as everyone wanted Ayew out. Swapping him for Asoro, McKay, Kalula, Peterson, Dyer and Routs isn’t looking great at the moment, but I’d be surprised if it’s not the imperative, perhaps even because of that ‘replacement’ list being kept idle. Shame we can’t get shot of some of them instead.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 16:59 - Aug 27 with 1993 viewslegoman

If I can make a point about insurance in respect of player injuries. Whilst I don't know the detail of the arrangement I did spend most of my career in writing commercial insurance for large complex risks.

I would expect that in the insurance deal in this instance given the high probability of player injury and the large cost of continuing to pay an injured player, the deal will involve a substantial deductible or to put it another way a significant self insurance cost in the first instance. Insurer payout will only occur when that deductible is exhausted. This would be the most obvious way to structure a deal so as to make insurance affordable.

The added impact is to make sure clubs are not reckless with a player e.g. by risking him when he does have an injury.

Insurance for large risks is designed to cater for the unusual experience; clubs will inevitably have players injured during the season, and insurance will be designed to smooth out years that are not so usual.

This is different from our run of the mill car or home insurance where we hope to go each year without having to make a claim.

So my point is, having e.g. Ayew injured does not automatically mean we won't incur a significant cost before underwriters are called upon to pay out.

Sorry for the nerdy point.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 17:24 - Aug 27 with 1930 views34dfgdf54

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 16:17 - Aug 27 by Thornburyswan

They let Oli play against Atalanta in the final friendly.
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 22:12 - Aug 27 with 1685 viewsdameedna

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 08:11 - Aug 27 by Dr_Winston

Yet you're quite happy to have a pop at the true fan status of people who don't think we can afford to spend upwards of £4m just for one possible promotion push.

You can afford to "adjust your prediction". People with more responsibility cannot.

I had us down to finish 2nd no matter what the squad.

The core is good and got better in pre season.

Ayew and Baston are better than James and McBurnie in many ways.

Carroll may still play a part and we have Naughton Routs and Dyer in the wings at the moment.

Ayew should leave but will stay if there is no suitable offer.

But arguing over which squad wins and who plays is futile really.

Ayew may be the difference but the squad has been balanced for the league and he is a cut above.

Despite the many fanmen on here lambasting the players for not being good enough for league of Wales.

It looks like Ayew may have a part to play until the next transfer window and has already won us a couple of games. Thanks mate and keep it up. We love Ghana..
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 22:55 - Aug 27 with 1623 viewsdobjack2

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 12:15 - Aug 27 by jackjackjackjack

Maybe he doesn't want to leave anyway, nevermind the clubs desires to get rid.

Somebody posted that his children were settled in a Swansea school; and he might not have enjoyed last year's loan spell, so his intention could be to stay in swansea for the next 2 seasons picking up 80k a week, and then to leave on a free, getting a nice lump sum signing-on fee from his next club.

A fair comment and he holds the cards. He is owed the wages agreed under his contract.

I’m of the opinion that loaning him out and paying part of his wages solves nothing. Groundhog Day next season.

Get the right offer he goes, if not stay till next window. If he really wants to go he can take a cut in wages, if he wants to stay then if he puts in the shifts he has so far, along with his talent he is a massive asset in this division.
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 23:06 - Aug 27 with 1597 viewsBrynmill_Jack

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 22:55 - Aug 27 by dobjack2

A fair comment and he holds the cards. He is owed the wages agreed under his contract.

I’m of the opinion that loaning him out and paying part of his wages solves nothing. Groundhog Day next season.

Get the right offer he goes, if not stay till next window. If he really wants to go he can take a cut in wages, if he wants to stay then if he puts in the shifts he has so far, along with his talent he is a massive asset in this division.

I wouldn't be surprised if he stays til Christmas, racking up a few goals and assists and is panic bought by.................................West Ham. £25 million

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 23:38 - Aug 27 with 1554 viewsItchySphincter

If we get a decent offer he’s off like a rat up a drainpipe.

I want to see the best players playing for the swans but we’re not going to find an Oli or DJ to sell every 12 months to fund the wages. So I’m torn - keep him and spunk the Dan and Oli money on his pay or sell him, get his wages off the books and stop haemorrhaging multi millions a year.

People assume keeping him equals promotion. I don’t mind if we roll the dice but the same people will be back here moaning about the black hole when we’re still in the championship next year.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 23:57]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 23:45 - Aug 27 with 1536 viewsTummer_from_Texas

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 16:04 - Aug 27 by costalotta

Try compare the market dot com.

User name checks out.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024