Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . 23:59 - Aug 26 with 16590 viewsbluenile

Some big European clubs after Andre Ayew, however . . . . . . . . Only if we pay part of his wages! Errrr yes, we'll pay his wages in part so that he can't play for us? Somehow, I don't see Mr Birch agreeing to that one.

Sorry, forgot to put this link.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/italian-giants-report
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 0:02]

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 10:39 - Aug 28 with 2281 viewsmynamesjeff1

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 23:38 - Aug 27 by ItchySphincter

If we get a decent offer he’s off like a rat up a drainpipe.

I want to see the best players playing for the swans but we’re not going to find an Oli or DJ to sell every 12 months to fund the wages. So I’m torn - keep him and spunk the Dan and Oli money on his pay or sell him, get his wages off the books and stop haemorrhaging multi millions a year.

People assume keeping him equals promotion. I don’t mind if we roll the dice but the same people will be back here moaning about the black hole when we’re still in the championship next year.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 23:57]

Pay him his 3/4m. We could easily get that at the end of the season for him. That’ll be his wages paid and the gamble of it goes by pay off we won’t lose.
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 10:48 - Aug 28 with 2228 viewsItchySphincter

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 10:39 - Aug 28 by mynamesjeff1

Pay him his 3/4m. We could easily get that at the end of the season for him. That’ll be his wages paid and the gamble of it goes by pay off we won’t lose.

Well we can’t get it now so not sure why you think we’ll easily get it next year.

Keeping him is a massive gamble, is all I’m saying. I don’t mind, although the chairman said he had to go, but people have to be realistic - this is the ‘black hole’ that they can’t get a grasp of.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 10:59 - Aug 28 with 2201 viewshobo

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 10:48 - Aug 28 by ItchySphincter

Well we can’t get it now so not sure why you think we’ll easily get it next year.

Keeping him is a massive gamble, is all I’m saying. I don’t mind, although the chairman said he had to go, but people have to be realistic - this is the ‘black hole’ that they can’t get a grasp of.

There is no longer a 'black hole'
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 11:07 - Aug 28 with 2186 viewsMrSwerve

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 10:48 - Aug 28 by ItchySphincter

Is it really a massive gamble though, now that we’ve had £30m of sales income? This is what I am saying - it would be nice to have the actual facts of the situation rather than speculating.

If it means a few less million in profit, then that’s fine (to the fans, at least). If it means laying staff off then that’s a different matter.

We need to know the facts.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 11:15 - Aug 28 with 2166 viewsSwanseaman

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 11:07 - Aug 28 by MrSwerve

Is it really a massive gamble though, now that we’ve had £30m of sales income? This is what I am saying - it would be nice to have the actual facts of the situation rather than speculating.

If it means a few less million in profit, then that’s fine (to the fans, at least). If it means laying staff off then that’s a different matter.

If we keep Ayew, and we keep on doing well, attendances will increase, merchandise sales will increase, and this would pay a lot or all of his wages.

He's contracted until 2021 so we could always sell him next summer transfer window.

If we let him go now, and performances drop, attendances would also drop, and that is more of a risk I think at the moment.

There are no guarantees what will happen, but we do know that at the moment, he is playing very well for us.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 11:18 - Aug 28 with 2146 viewsjasper_T

We couldn't sell him last summer, we couldn't sell him this summer, it's expecting a lot to think we'll easily sell him for a few million next summer. He'll have a year left on £80k/week, very few clubs out there are looking at the Championship for players on that sort of money. We'll probably just get more 'loan and you chip in half his wages' offers.
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 11:34 - Aug 28 with 2117 viewsZaxx

Maybe a naive Prem club languishing at the bottom of the league will take a punt on him being their saviour in January....
It wouldn't be completely unheard of
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 11:52 - Aug 28 with 2067 viewsItchySphincter

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 10:59 - Aug 28 by hobo

There is no longer a 'black hole'

Login to get fewer ads

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 12:39 - Aug 28 with 2012 viewsDr_Winston

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 11:52 - Aug 28 by ItchySphincter

Actually I suspect Hobo is largely correct. The actions taken last summer and the sales of both James and McBurnie should have plugged any significant funding shortfall in the short to medium term. I'd be surprised if it hasn't.

The issue is not that we can't afford to keep Ayew. Probably we can. The question is should a club with 15-17000 gates and a rapidly diminishing income stream actively look to keep a player reportedly costing more than £300k per month in salary. This is on top of Baston's salary, and the likely not insignificant wages of other Premier League remnants still on the salary bill.

Any surplus remaining from selling the players we have and what's left of parachute payments won't last long if we do.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 13:26 - Aug 28 with 1936 viewsItchySphincter

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 12:39 - Aug 28 by Dr_Winston

Actually I suspect Hobo is largely correct. The actions taken last summer and the sales of both James and McBurnie should have plugged any significant funding shortfall in the short to medium term. I'd be surprised if it hasn't.

The issue is not that we can't afford to keep Ayew. Probably we can. The question is should a club with 15-17000 gates and a rapidly diminishing income stream actively look to keep a player reportedly costing more than £300k per month in salary. This is on top of Baston's salary, and the likely not insignificant wages of other Premier League remnants still on the salary bill.

Any surplus remaining from selling the players we have and what's left of parachute payments won't last long if we do.

If you look at the black hole as income over expenditure then it’s an ongoing thing, particularly if we keep Ayew and Baston. Before anyone gets excited and says I want to sell them, I don’t necessarily . I’m just stating a fact. We had to sell Oli in the summer, if we’d like unloaded the players that the chairman said were “crippling” the club we wouldn’t have had to. Who will we have to sell next year to continue plugging this black hole?

The chairman’s brief is to get the club, as much as possible, to live within its means, and the form of a couple of top players doesn’t change that.*

* with the caveat unless it gets us promoted.

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 13:48 - Aug 28 with 1896 viewsDr_Winston

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 13:26 - Aug 28 by ItchySphincter

If you look at the black hole as income over expenditure then it’s an ongoing thing, particularly if we keep Ayew and Baston. Before anyone gets excited and says I want to sell them, I don’t necessarily . I’m just stating a fact. We had to sell Oli in the summer, if we’d like unloaded the players that the chairman said were “crippling” the club we wouldn’t have had to. Who will we have to sell next year to continue plugging this black hole?

The chairman’s brief is to get the club, as much as possible, to live within its means, and the form of a couple of top players doesn’t change that.*

* with the caveat unless it gets us promoted.

Not much was made of it at the time, but even before the sales of James and McBurnie Birch was quite positive about the financial situation. There's a couple of quotes I vaguely remember about it being far from the worst mess he's had to fix. He was quite clear about the McBurnie sale being more about an offer too good to turn down rather than a sale we had to make to survive.

We're now at the point where financial good sense is driving decision making rather than necessity IMO. The cost of keeping players like Ayew in the short term might limit what we can do in the long run.

Would people be happy to keep Ayew now knowing that it may prevent us from signing players next summer?

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 13:57 - Aug 28 with 1869 viewsMrSwerve

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 13:48 - Aug 28 by Dr_Winston

Not much was made of it at the time, but even before the sales of James and McBurnie Birch was quite positive about the financial situation. There's a couple of quotes I vaguely remember about it being far from the worst mess he's had to fix. He was quite clear about the McBurnie sale being more about an offer too good to turn down rather than a sale we had to make to survive.

We're now at the point where financial good sense is driving decision making rather than necessity IMO. The cost of keeping players like Ayew in the short term might limit what we can do in the long run.

Would people be happy to keep Ayew now knowing that it may prevent us from signing players next summer?

Yes. I think it’s worth the gamble.

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 14:01 - Aug 28 with 1854 viewsSwanseaman

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 13:48 - Aug 28 by Dr_Winston

Yes, because if we keep Ayew, and keep on doing well, our revenue will increase due to bumper attendances.

It's always been like this, when the Swans get good players in and we are doing well in the league, attendances go up. When we are challenging for promotion, there are max capacity crowds and some people can't even get in.

Look at Cardiff last night, bad quality football, no one even wanted to turn up and watch it, even though Luton are a Championship side:

Also the improved chance we would have to achieve promotion with Ayew, it's a double yes from me.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2019 14:08]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 14:09 - Aug 28 with 1825 viewsperchrockjack

Pray

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 14:10 - Aug 28 with 1823 viewskarnataka

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 13:57 - Aug 28 by MrSwerve

Yes. I think it’s worth the gamble.

So do I.
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 14:16 - Aug 28 with 1803 viewsMrSwerve

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 14:10 - Aug 28 by karnataka

So do I.

I don’t say it lightly either...I understand the financial implications. I just think that the positives outweigh the negatives right now.

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 14:16 - Aug 28 with 1800 viewsMrSwerve

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 14:09 - Aug 28 by perchrockjack

Pray

Blimey hello Perch.

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 14:26 - Aug 28 with 1774 viewsjohnlangy

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 12:39 - Aug 28 by Dr_Winston

If someone wants to take him on loan and pay ALL his wages that's one thing. If the deal means a loan where we pay £150k a month then that's not a deal worth taking (i'm just guessing 50%).
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 16:50 - Aug 28 with 1663 viewsBrynmill_Jack

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 14:26 - Aug 28 by johnlangy

If someone wants to take him on loan and pay ALL his wages that's one thing. If the deal means a loan where we pay £150k a month then that's not a deal worth taking (i'm just guessing 50%).

Exactly. Someone getting his talents for 40k a week and us paying 40k for sweet fa.
Then he comes back and we still possibly have to play in the championship next season with the same problem. Makes zero sense to me.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 17:26 - Aug 28 with 1571 viewssioni

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 11:07 - Aug 28 by MrSwerve

It’s really amazing that scientists are now getting more information about the event horizon around the real black holes than we can about our own little self created hole.

Ah well.
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 18:21 - Aug 28 with 1443 viewsswan_si

Being reported in Gazzetta dello sport that in the last few hours today Wednesday Lazio is interested in signing Ayew, no mention if loan or permanent , although they see it as a last minute opportunity.
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 18:25 - Aug 28 with 1430 viewshobo

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 11:52 - Aug 28 by ItchySphincter

Fair play, you made more sense in that one post than you usually do 5
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 18:28 - Aug 28 with 1403 viewsBrynmill_Jack

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 18:21 - Aug 28 by swan_si

Being reported in Gazzetta dello sport that in the last few hours today Wednesday Lazio is interested in signing Ayew, no mention if loan or permanent , although they see it as a last minute opportunity.

They've probably been planning this all summer, try to shaft us because we're skint at the last minute. If they can't afford to pay his wages they should be told to f*ck off. In fact say he's for sale only and not on loan.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 18:35 - Aug 28 with 1376 viewsslate_dk

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 01:18 - Aug 27 by Highjack

I’m not a betting man but if I was I’d put 75p and a Jaffa cake on them making a calculated risk and will look at where we are in January.

mmm Jaffa....
European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 18:57 - Aug 28 with 1320 viewsSwanseaman

European clubs want to sign Ayew, but . . . . . on 18:28 - Aug 28 by Brynmill_Jack

They've probably been planning this all summer, try to shaft us because we're skint at the last minute. If they can't afford to pay his wages they should be told to f*ck off. In fact say he's for sale only and not on loan.

I agree, they should just f*ck off.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024