Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bury finally gone 00:40 - Aug 28 with 5163 viewsbluenile

Sad indeed. Now confirmed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49451896

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Bury finally gone on 01:21 - Aug 28 with 4100 viewsForestJack

Gutted for the fans.
Bury finally gone on 04:29 - Aug 28 with 3996 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Sad day. The reported debt is £8M less than half of what Sanchez earns at Man Utd in a season!

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Bury finally gone on 07:05 - Aug 28 with 3837 viewscmajack

Really sad loss for all connected to the club , particularly the supporters.
Bury finally gone on 08:28 - Aug 28 with 3673 viewsVincent_Vega

Sad. Very sad. Gutted for the fans and staff. Somethings got to change.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Bury finally gone on 08:31 - Aug 28 with 3665 viewsswan65split

Very sad, just hope their fans are determined like Countys and ours.
Bury finally gone on 08:38 - Aug 28 with 3641 viewscockneyswan

I really feel for Bury fans , very sad for them. We know how important a football club can be to certain individuals, and they will soon be forgotten by the media. The authorities need to bring in much better regulation and make football a much fairer place to protect fans from exploiting owners.
Bury finally gone on 09:20 - Aug 28 with 3556 viewsbakajack

It is scandalous how the Premier League and EFL have allowed all of the money to sit at the very top and for just breadcrumbs to fall off the table for the sides lower down the division ladder.

You could take £10m off each side in the premier league and that £200m would be more than enough to cover the liabilities for every club in the professional football pyramid and still have plenty of loose change left over.

Take away the dependency on ownership sugar daddies, establish an affordability framework for each division, if a club makes any amount of loss outside of the established framework then automatic relegation regardless of where they finished that season.

On a more selfish Swans related note, I have never really paid much attention to the Bury squad, would the EFL allow a special exception to sides to try to sign Bury players outside of the window? You can't force players to be unemployed for 4 months until the next window opens surely?
Bury finally gone on 09:26 - Aug 28 with 3540 viewsandypitt56

Bury finally gone on 09:20 - Aug 28 by bakajack

It is scandalous how the Premier League and EFL have allowed all of the money to sit at the very top and for just breadcrumbs to fall off the table for the sides lower down the division ladder.

You could take £10m off each side in the premier league and that £200m would be more than enough to cover the liabilities for every club in the professional football pyramid and still have plenty of loose change left over.

Take away the dependency on ownership sugar daddies, establish an affordability framework for each division, if a club makes any amount of loss outside of the established framework then automatic relegation regardless of where they finished that season.

On a more selfish Swans related note, I have never really paid much attention to the Bury squad, would the EFL allow a special exception to sides to try to sign Bury players outside of the window? You can't force players to be unemployed for 4 months until the next window opens surely?

Why should other teams bail out a club that has been financially mismanaged? I really feel for the fans. The players should be classed as free agents now.
Login to get fewer ads

Bury finally gone on 09:36 - Aug 28 with 3508 viewsLeonWasGod

Bury finally gone on 04:29 - Aug 28 by JACKMANANDBOY

Sad day. The reported debt is £8M less than half of what Sanchez earns at Man Utd in a season!

"Earns"? That's being generous!

A sad day indeed for the Bury fans.
Bury finally gone on 09:39 - Aug 28 with 3500 viewscockneyswan

I don’t think the complete answer is only for the rich to bail out the poor , this would probably just encourage unscrupulous owners to steal more from their clubs. What is required is much stricter regulation of the clubs finances by the football authorities to prevent the asset stripping which has led to the demise of clubs like bury and ourselves. It probably won’t happen though as would probably require legislation which politicians see as a very low priority.
Bury finally gone on 09:48 - Aug 28 with 3477 viewsFireboy2

There should be far far more stringent vetting of people who take control of smaller clubs, the efl are too lax, i agree the bigger clubs should donate a % to a fund can be used in extreme instances like bury and bolton but the big clubs dont give a flying fvck about the liitle clubs, all they are bothered about is picking up glory hunters from all around the country and the world to buy their merchandise.

The next generation from the bury fans will either 'support' yernited, city or liverpool, it makes my p!ss boil.
Bury finally gone on 09:52 - Aug 28 with 3470 viewsbuilthjack

£8m is bugger all these days. The fans should have set up a funding page and appealed through the media for every true football fan to donate.
How many fans go to a game every week in this country? if every fan donated £10-£25 it wouldn't be far off the mark.
Very sad to see any club go down the pan. We came close.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Bury finally gone on 10:07 - Aug 28 with 3426 viewsdickythorpe

Seems only yesterday Willy Gueret was arrested after we beat them in 2005.

Sad to see them go to the wall.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2019 10:09]
Bury finally gone on 10:11 - Aug 28 with 3407 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Thank god it never happened In swansea .
To be fair many made sure it didn’t .

Well done to our supporters 👏🏻

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Bury finally gone on 10:16 - Aug 28 with 3392 viewsAl_Bundy

Isn't this the Neville brothers club? and where Man Utd played their youth and reserve games there? You would have thought they may have helped out in some way or are they all Salford boys now !
Bury finally gone on 10:22 - Aug 28 with 3377 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The players will be considered free agents so they can be signed by any other team.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Bury finally gone on 10:28 - Aug 28 with 3362 viewsdobjack2

Bury finally gone on 09:48 - Aug 28 by Fireboy2

There should be far far more stringent vetting of people who take control of smaller clubs, the efl are too lax, i agree the bigger clubs should donate a % to a fund can be used in extreme instances like bury and bolton but the big clubs dont give a flying fvck about the liitle clubs, all they are bothered about is picking up glory hunters from all around the country and the world to buy their merchandise.

The next generation from the bury fans will either 'support' yernited, city or liverpool, it makes my p!ss boil.

The clubs and EFL can’t agree details on how to beef up the fit and proper owner test. At present it seems to be no more than a check to see if the new owner has any criminal convictions.

What happens if they have or fail any new test and a deal for the club has been agreed?

Needs to be far greater regulation of owners to prevent asset stripping or loading debt onto a club.

If you look at companies house going back to 1996 a company (not a bank) entered into several mortgages with our club after previous mortgages had been paid off.
Bury finally gone on 10:37 - Aug 28 with 3342 viewsJackFish

Bury finally gone on 10:16 - Aug 28 by Al_Bundy

Isn't this the Neville brothers club? and where Man Utd played their youth and reserve games there? You would have thought they may have helped out in some way or are they all Salford boys now !

I think I recall reading that as they're directors/owners at Salford they're not allowed to put money into another club.
Bury finally gone on 10:51 - Aug 28 with 3311 viewsbakajack

Bury finally gone on 09:26 - Aug 28 by andypitt56

Why should other teams bail out a club that has been financially mismanaged? I really feel for the fans. The players should be classed as free agents now.

No team realistically needs £110m to run a club annually rather than £100, and if teams had less money then the wages they would pay to players would also have to come down. Not every penny that the premier league earns goes to the players directly anyway, they had to come to an agreement if I remember to invest some money into grass roots football infrastructure, etc.

But as for owners taking money out of the club, that is why my suggestion was that the £200m (in this example) wasn't given out to clubs, it was kept by the EFL and distributed to clubs at the end of the season only to cover any losses reported up to a limit (say for example 500k in the red).

If a club exceeds that limit, automatic relegation no matter if they finished 24th or 1st at the end of the season.
Bury finally gone on 10:54 - Aug 28 with 3301 viewsVincent_Vega

Bury finally gone on 10:28 - Aug 28 by dobjack2

The clubs and EFL can’t agree details on how to beef up the fit and proper owner test. At present it seems to be no more than a check to see if the new owner has any criminal convictions.

What happens if they have or fail any new test and a deal for the club has been agreed?

Needs to be far greater regulation of owners to prevent asset stripping or loading debt onto a club.

If you look at companies house going back to 1996 a company (not a bank) entered into several mortgages with our club after previous mortgages had been paid off.

And this is the problem when the lunatics have a say in the running of the asylum. F1 is very similar in that the governing body are trying to change the rules to improve the sport but the teams have to agree them and they won't as it would stop their dominance.

It's known the German model of ownership and testing is very robust, Hopefully the EFL can look at that for inspiration.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Bury finally gone on 10:55 - Aug 28 with 3293 viewsItchySphincter

I would imagine if the club is shut down the players are free agents and can therefor sign for any club that wants them.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Bury finally gone on 11:04 - Aug 28 with 3260 viewsLibertarian

The point of creating the breakaway Premier League was to allow all of the money to sit at the very top and for just breadcrumbs to fall off the table for the sides lower down the division ladder.
Bury finally gone on 11:18 - Aug 28 with 3232 viewscockneyswan

Bury finally gone on 09:52 - Aug 28 by builthjack

£8m is bugger all these days. The fans should have set up a funding page and appealed through the media for every true football fan to donate.
How many fans go to a game every week in this country? if every fan donated £10-£25 it wouldn't be far off the mark.
Very sad to see any club go down the pan. We came close.

Bury has been miss managed and asset stripped by the owner, I wouldn’t donate to help a criminal, regulation has to be improved to stop criminal owners stealing from the fans club.
Bury finally gone on 11:40 - Aug 28 with 3187 viewsbakajack

Bury finally gone on 11:04 - Aug 28 by Libertarian

The point of creating the breakaway Premier League was to allow all of the money to sit at the very top and for just breadcrumbs to fall off the table for the sides lower down the division ladder.

Oh I know it was, and the bubble has been waiting to burst for some time now. As big a draw as the premier league is, if all the clubs below it go under then the implications for the British national sides (not just England) will be catastrophic
Bury finally gone on 12:27 - Aug 28 with 3106 viewsLandore_Jack

#backtojack

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024