Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parliament to be suspended in September 15:10 - Aug 28 with 12828 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Go get them, Boris!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49493632

Let the fun and games begin!
[Post edited 28 Aug 2019 15:10]
Parliament to be suspended in September on 21:27 - Aug 29 with 1192 viewsNortbankboy

Tin pot dictator
Parliament to be suspended in September on 21:28 - Aug 29 with 1191 viewsbluey_the_blue

Parliament to be suspended in September on 20:50 - Aug 29 by exiledclaseboy

No one other than the government has an automatic right to propose legislation so you’re talking gubbins again.

Well, pedantically that's not quite true though is it?

Cooper-Letwin bill in the past.
Parliament to be suspended in September on 21:32 - Aug 29 with 1186 viewswaynekerr55

Kussenberg reporting that Gauke indicated to her that, as a result of the prorogation, there may be the numbers to legislate against No Deal next week.

Fùcking hell!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Parliament to be suspended in September on 21:35 - Aug 29 with 1182 viewsWarwickHunt

Parliament to be suspended in September on 21:32 - Aug 29 by waynekerr55

Kussenberg reporting that Gauke indicated to her that, as a result of the prorogation, there may be the numbers to legislate against No Deal next week.

Fùcking hell!

Mr. Blobby has overplayed his hand.

The EU aren’t going to blink either.

Edit: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/29/senior-tory-rebels-ready-to-bac
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 21:37]
Parliament to be suspended in September on 21:35 - Aug 29 with 1182 viewsexiledclaseboy

Parliament to be suspended in September on 21:28 - Aug 29 by bluey_the_blue

Well, pedantically that's not quite true though is it?

Cooper-Letwin bill in the past.

No it’s exactly true. The Cooper/Letwin law was passed after the Speaker allowed parliament to break with tradition and convention and propose its own legislation. A decision you were absolutely outraged about at the time. That may happen again but there’s no automatic right to it as the government controls parliamentary business. So it’s disingenuous to say that there’s still time for parliament to legislate because that’s dependent on it being allowed to do so. Johnson has only said that there’ll be ample time for parliament to “debate” Brexit despite the prorogation.

Poll: Tory leader

Parliament to be suspended in September on 21:39 - Aug 29 with 1164 viewsbluey_the_blue

Parliament to be suspended in September on 21:35 - Aug 29 by exiledclaseboy

No it’s exactly true. The Cooper/Letwin law was passed after the Speaker allowed parliament to break with tradition and convention and propose its own legislation. A decision you were absolutely outraged about at the time. That may happen again but there’s no automatic right to it as the government controls parliamentary business. So it’s disingenuous to say that there’s still time for parliament to legislate because that’s dependent on it being allowed to do so. Johnson has only said that there’ll be ample time for parliament to “debate” Brexit despite the prorogation.

True as in "automatic right", false as in there are ways round it.

Bercow crapped over that before, will do so again.
Parliament to be suspended in September on 21:41 - Aug 29 with 1162 viewsexiledclaseboy

Parliament to be suspended in September on 21:35 - Aug 29 by WarwickHunt

Edit: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/29/senior-tory-rebels-ready-to-bac

The Lords’ angle in that is the vital one. It’ll get through the commons (assuming they’re allowed to do it) but probably not the Lords.

Parliament to be suspended in September on 21:43 - Aug 29 with 1157 viewsexiledclaseboy

Parliament to be suspended in September on 21:39 - Aug 29 by bluey_the_blue

True as in "automatic right", false as in there are ways round it.

Bercow crapped over that before, will do so again.

Good. This is a government squatting in power. Someone has to hold it to account.

Login to get fewer ads

Parliament to be suspended in September on 21:43 - Aug 29 with 1156 viewsbluey_the_blue

Parliament to be suspended in September on 21:41 - Aug 29 by exiledclaseboy

The Lords’ angle in that is the vital one. It’ll get through the commons (assuming they’re allowed to do it) but probably not the Lords.

Not convinced b that.

I've little doubt there's a lot of EU love in Lords. Yeah, could go the fiibustering route but looking by the state of most of them, an hour on their feet and ambulances will be required.
Parliament to be suspended in September on 21:50 - Aug 29 with 1144 viewsJango

If no deal becomes a near enough certainty then the EU will blink.
Parliament to be suspended in September on 21:53 - Aug 29 with 1134 viewsFlashberryjack

Parliament to be suspended in September on 21:50 - Aug 29 by Jango

Never! they know most MP's haven't the stomach for a fight.

With the help of the remainers the EU are playing a blinder.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Parliament to be suspended in September on 21:56 - Aug 29 with 1123 viewsbluey_the_blue

Parliament to be suspended in September on 21:53 - Aug 29 by Flashberryjack

Never! they know most MP's haven't the stomach for a fight.

With the help of the remainers the EU are playing a blinder.

I wouldn't say EU are playing a blinder.

They've not had to play anything.

May and most MPs in parliament have done their job for them. Two years plus was wasted.
Parliament to be suspended in September on 21:59 - Aug 29 with 1115 viewslonglostjack

It might be wishful thinking on my part but I reckon you’re right. It’s incredible to imagine that the Conservative and Unionist Party seems hell bent on breaking up the UK. There again they have a fair few extremist Bojonistas like Bluey in their ranks I suppose.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Parliament to be suspended in September on 21:59 - Aug 29 with 1112 viewsGroo

Absolutely they will, there's already reports of talks starting.

The issue has been that the UK has not been united and the EU sees this. May's weak attitude and inability to find a way through her own Parliament played into the hands of the EU. Why should they give on anything when they know if they play hard-ball then everything stays at the status quo.

The longer that remains, the more likely that the UK would end up being forced to remain and the 48% would have won.

We live in a democracy, unless my vote loses!!

Doing this will at least give the EU a sudden shock and anything the UK can get to make the deal more consumable at home, from a position of strength for a change, should be welcomed.

Unless you voted to stay in of course, a weak hand is then better and better chance of Brexit being postponed indefinitely.

Groo does what Groo does best

Parliament to be suspended in September on 22:01 - Aug 29 with 1106 viewsbluey_the_blue

Parliament to be suspended in September on 21:59 - Aug 29 by longlostjack

It might be wishful thinking on my part but I reckon you’re right. It’s incredible to imagine that the Conservative and Unionist Party seems hell bent on breaking up the UK. There again they have a fair few extremist Bojonistas like Bluey in their ranks I suppose.

Arf!

I voted against BoJo. I don't think he'd be a good PM in normal circumstances. Get Brexit through in some form or other, fine. After that I'd rather have someone else leading the party.
Parliament to be suspended in September on 22:08 - Aug 29 with 1090 viewslonglostjack

Parliament to be suspended in September on 22:01 - Aug 29 by bluey_the_blue

Arf!

I voted against BoJo. I don't think he'd be a good PM in normal circumstances. Get Brexit through in some form or other, fine. After that I'd rather have someone else leading the party.

Bless. A Churchill he is not ! 😂😂

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Parliament to be suspended in September on 22:21 - Aug 29 with 1079 viewsWarwickHunt

Like last time?

Dream on, sunshine.
Parliament to be suspended in September on 22:58 - Aug 29 with 1054 viewsJango

Parliament to be suspended in September on 22:21 - Aug 29 by WarwickHunt

Like last time?

Dream on, sunshine.

When was the last time no deal became a certainty?
Parliament to be suspended in September on 23:31 - Aug 29 with 1042 viewsJack59

Parliament to be suspended in September on 17:51 - Aug 28 by yescomeon

Watch Scottish Parliament unilaterally declare independence the moment Parliament is dissolved. Senedd should do the same.

Who the fxxx is Senedd? and why is he involved in this?
Parliament to be suspended in September on 23:38 - Aug 29 with 1037 viewsLeonWasGod

Parliament to be suspended in September on 22:58 - Aug 29 by Jango

Probably more a reference to the EU not blinking the last 2 times on deadline day, despite us being told they would (they obviously never will - the unity of the EU is more important to them than the demands of a (edit - soon to be) third country having a toddler’s hissy fit).
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 23:51]
Parliament to be suspended in September on 23:48 - Aug 29 with 1028 viewsWarwickHunt

Parliament to be suspended in September on 22:58 - Aug 29 by Jango

Immaterial - which part of 27 v 1 are you struggling with?

This is from March 13 - the same delusional bullshit you gullible twàts are still swallowing wholesale.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwikt_K-k6nkAhUMzhoKHVzm
Parliament to be suspended in September on 23:48 - Aug 29 with 1027 viewsJack59

When you get used to being pissed over for many, many years.
The idea that someone could stop it all, and your head will subsequently dry up, is enough to fill you with dread.
Parliament to be suspended in September on 07:28 - Aug 30 with 959 viewsJango

Parliament to be suspended in September on 23:38 - Aug 29 by LeonWasGod

Probably more a reference to the EU not blinking the last 2 times on deadline day, despite us being told they would (they obviously never will - the unity of the EU is more important to them than the demands of a (edit - soon to be) third country having a toddler’s hissy fit).
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 23:51]

There’s never been a deadline day. Nobody in this country thought the WA would get through parliament. Do you think across the channel they saw things completely different? Come on mun, they’ve been working hand in hand with remainers the entire time. If there comes a point where those tactics have failed, they’ll blink. In my opinion of course.
Parliament to be suspended in September on 07:31 - Aug 30 with 956 viewsJango

Parliament to be suspended in September on 23:48 - Aug 29 by WarwickHunt

Immaterial - which part of 27 v 1 are you struggling with?

This is from March 13 - the same delusional bullshit you gullible twàts are still swallowing wholesale.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwikt_K-k6nkAhUMzhoKHVzm

It’s not immaterial. We’ve never been in a position where no deal has looked a certainty so there hasn’t been a last time. Wrong again.
Parliament to be suspended in September on 07:46 - Aug 30 with 947 viewsbluey_the_blue

Parliament to be suspended in September on 22:21 - Aug 29 by WarwickHunt

Like last time?

Dream on, sunshine.

Care to point out when no deal was previously a "near certainty"?

Situations change.

EU and May were convinced that beat parliament down enough time, eventually their WA would be approved. Standard EU approach - didn't vote the way we want, keep voting. Some roll over and have their bellies tickled.

Unless WA reopened and renegotiated, nothing passes parliament. This is why we should not have had a Remainer as PM overseeing Brexit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024