Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Something Special Happening 08:01 - Aug 29 with 7787 viewsMagic_Michu

I’ve got a feeling something special is happening with the team at the moment.

I watched the relationship between the players and the coaching staff last night and it was obvious to see there is an unbelievable bond. So many hugs, high 5’s and smiles between Cooper and the players throughout. There seems to be a great bond and atmosphere in the whole squad.

Plus we seem to have a real depth of quality... I don’t really think any of last nights team would seem out of place in the first team.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Something Special Happening on 08:08 - Aug 29 with 4401 viewsVincent_Vega

Call me a negative Norman but if we don't go up this squad will be picked apart next summer and Cooper will be gone.

Early days but my Spidey senses tell me for the sake of keeping the development going, we need to go up.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Something Special Happening on 08:15 - Aug 29 with 4370 viewsWhiterockin

Early days still but we seem to be making good progress this season. Two big tests this week, away to Leeds and the close of the transfer window. We will have a far better idea of where we are in 7 days.
Something Special Happening on 08:20 - Aug 29 with 4340 viewsChubz

Plus we seem to have a real depth of quality... I don’t really think any of last nights team would seem out of place in the first team.
-----------
Slight hyperbole alert. Progressing nicely but not ready yet. Lots of rough edges, which is to be expected at this stage of their development.
Something Special Happening on 08:29 - Aug 29 with 4282 viewsBadlands

Something Special Happening on 08:15 - Aug 29 by Whiterockin

Early days still but we seem to be making good progress this season. Two big tests this week, away to Leeds and the close of the transfer window. We will have a far better idea of where we are in 7 days.

Portugal window closes 22nd September
Qatar (where a few have chosen to play) 30th September.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Something Special Happening on 08:30 - Aug 29 with 4275 viewsmagicdaps10

Think the weekend will show a better indication of where we are.

A good result and the confidence will be sky high.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Something Special Happening on 08:33 - Aug 29 with 4265 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I have been thinking the same. Everyone is totally committed to winning every game, we’re playing some immaculate football and I sense we’ve got a few more gears if we need them.

Keeping Borja (I think that’s a given now) and Andre Ayew (I’m sure that all including Cooper and Birch want to keep him but the owners might insist on loaning/selling him) is the key . If we do we’ll be at the very least play offs and with a huge chance of automatic promotion.

Early days I know but with Cooper at the helm we’ve tightened up defensively and all of a sudden look likely to score more than one goal every game we play in.

This could (everything crossed) be our greatest team outside the top flight. With players like Routs , Dhanda, Dyer, Kalulu , Carroll, Peterson and Naughton to call upon this very definitely is our strongest squad we’ve had outside of the PL. it feels great watching a team who’s mindset has been conditioned with such a winning mentality. Early days again but it’s making the hairs on the back of the neck stand up just thinking about the possibilities that this group of players has. Complacency will be the enemy and the demands for a long hard season but these players are capable of winning this league, and in a style fitting of that great old trophy.

Leeds away on Saturday is the biggest test, though the pressure at home will be on them massively. I looked at their previous 2 home games in the league and only two goals for, a 1-0 win and a 1-1 draw. Away from home is a different story and they’re scoring for fun but if we (as I would expect from Cooper) attack from the off and put them on the back foot we’ve got every chance of winning this game. The key will be to nullify Pablo. Do that and it’s there for us. No reason to fear anyone at the moment and maybe they’re, just maybe, fearing us.

Or they’ll twonk us. It’s a funny old game!
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 8:35]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Something Special Happening on 08:33 - Aug 29 with 4253 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Something Special Happening on 08:30 - Aug 29 by magicdaps10

Think the weekend will show a better indication of where we are.

A good result and the confidence will be sky high.

We’ve got a young team who will be in front of a full noisy 40k at Elland Road
We didn’t perform up there when we won the league so imo it’s not so much the result this weekend that matters but what happens in the game after that

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Something Special Happening on 08:38 - Aug 29 with 4224 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Something Special Happening on 08:33 - Aug 29 by PatchesOHoulihan

We’ve got a young team who will be in front of a full noisy 40k at Elland Road
We didn’t perform up there when we won the league so imo it’s not so much the result this weekend that matters but what happens in the game after that

40 k is a great crowd to have behind you. Not so good if things aren’t going your way. We’ll have 2 to 3 k there so our lads will have tremendous backing.

Login to get fewer ads

Something Special Happening on 08:53 - Aug 29 with 4150 viewsmonmouth

Good job nobody’s getting carried away....

Only messing. Go for it lads and lasses. Go full boris.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Something Special Happening on 09:03 - Aug 29 with 4103 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Something Special Happening on 08:53 - Aug 29 by monmouth

Innit. I know we support the Swans but if we can be optimistic now when can we be?

The answer for some is the day we’re mathematically promoted. Why wait that long lol? We might not get promoted, make the play offs and not make round 4 of the league cup even but theres nothing wrong with dreaming lol.

Something Special Happening on 09:19 - Aug 29 with 4022 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Something Special Happening on 08:08 - Aug 29 by Vincent_Vega

Call me a negative Norman but if we don't go up this squad will be picked apart next summer and Cooper will be gone.

Early days but my Spidey senses tell me for the sake of keeping the development going, we need to go up.

I would agree, but I am starting to believe we can go up and that the squad is stronger than I thought which has always been my main fear!
Something Special Happening on 09:31 - Aug 29 with 3969 viewssainthelens

10 games in is always the key for me. All windows closed, see who's doing what, general vibe etc etc. So far it's being as closed to exactly what we all hoped. I think we'll give Lids hell of a fright, tho we could do without 2 week break in case of any loss of momentum. To see what's happening right now puts small lump in my throat, so proud of the youngsters and manager.
Something Special Happening on 09:35 - Aug 29 with 3950 viewsdickythorpe

Big lift in spirit so far.
Something Special Happening on 10:06 - Aug 29 with 3827 viewsperchrockjack

Even at this stage,Leeds is key;a real indication where we are.Win there and I would be certain of promotion ,a draw would also be a good result.

Hope eh.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Something Special Happening on 10:06 - Aug 29 with 3825 viewsLuther27

Christ...isn't this better than the last two years in the Premiership? Love the positivity on this thread.
Something Special Happening on 10:07 - Aug 29 with 3824 viewsJackSomething

Continuing in the theme of getting ahead of ourselves and daring to dream considering this great run of form we're on, I'm wondering what Potter's legacy here will end up being?

If we make the playoffs (or better) this season, will he be seen as a steadying hand at a very rough time for the club, bringing a raft of young players through and leaving us in a much stronger position than when he arrived?

Or will he be seen as a tinkerer who never settled on his strongest team and was outdone by his successor despite having James and McBurnie and more money spent on signings?

Far too early to say I know, but it's been on my mind since leaving the ground last night.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Something Special Happening on 10:08 - Aug 29 with 3816 viewsUxbridge

Something Special Happening on 08:53 - Aug 29 by monmouth

I'd need lead boots to hold me down at the moment. It's going to hurt like bwgr when we crash down to earth. Probably around 5pm on Saturday.

It's fun again though. That's ace.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Something Special Happening on 10:27 - Aug 29 with 3734 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Something Special Happening on 10:08 - Aug 29 by Uxbridge

I'd need lead boots to hold me down at the moment. It's going to hurt like bwgr when we crash down to earth. Probably around 5pm on Saturday.

It's fun again though. That's ace.

Stats - 7 games - 6 wins -1 draw - 0 defeats Goals for 20 goals against 5

Something Special Happening on 11:23 - Aug 29 with 3645 viewslifelong

Have to admit, after we sold James and McBurnie, I didn’t see this happening, it’s early days but it’s been a brilliant start to the season, long may it continue.
Something Special Happening on 11:42 - Aug 29 with 3582 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Let’s not get ahead of our selves all is good at the moment ,long May it continue.
All we need now is the yanks to f@ck off .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Something Special Happening on 12:06 - Aug 29 with 3501 viewsLuther27

Something Special Happening on 11:23 - Aug 29 by lifelong

Have to admit, after we sold James and McBurnie, I didn’t see this happening, it’s early days but it’s been a brilliant start to the season, long may it continue.

Call me out on this one but I think the difference is Borja and Ayew at the club and the influence they have on the players when on the pitch.
Something Special Happening on 12:09 - Aug 29 with 3485 views34dfgdf54

Something Special Happening on 11:23 - Aug 29 by lifelong

This.

I didn't see this happening at all. It's still early days but Cooper seems to be the business aswell.
Something Special Happening on 12:39 - Aug 29 with 3428 viewsDr_Winston

Something Special Happening on 10:07 - Aug 29 by JackSomething

Continuing in the theme of getting ahead of ourselves and daring to dream considering this great run of form we're on, I'm wondering what Potter's legacy here will end up being?

If we make the playoffs (or better) this season, will he be seen as a steadying hand at a very rough time for the club, bringing a raft of young players through and leaving us in a much stronger position than when he arrived?

Or will he be seen as a tinkerer who never settled on his strongest team and was outdone by his successor despite having James and McBurnie and more money spent on signings?

Far too early to say I know, but it's been on my mind since leaving the ground last night.

Little of column A, little of column B.

Despite the continual bitching and predictions of doom last summer Potter always had a decent squad to work with. Bit short in a couple of areas which probably ultimately cost us, but certainly one capable of the league finish it managed given competent management, which it had.

What he did do very well was manage the transition from Prem to Championship (no easy process as many clubs have found) rebuild a team despite a large player turnover and start reinstalling a decent ethos and style of play. What he didn't do so well was get to grips with a set piece problem or really get the tempo working. Perhaps he'd have managed both this summer and we'd be where we are now anyway.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Something Special Happening on 12:47 - Aug 29 with 3391 viewsNeath_Jack

The Leeds game will be an indication of that game, and that game only.

It has no bearing on "where we are". The only meaningful position will be after the last game of the season.

That said, hope the 3 points come back to South Wales.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Something Special Happening on 12:47 - Aug 29 with 3391 viewsjasper_T

Something Special Happening on 10:07 - Aug 29 by JackSomething

What's your agenda making posts like this about our lord and saviour Graham Potter? Nailed on for relegation we were, bunch of league two at best kids, not even first team players on the website etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024