Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Cooper 10:48 - Aug 29 with 7012 viewsjackatbarry

I have to say that Birch, Leon and Curt have made a magnificent decision in appointing Steve Cooper and his backroom staff to take the club forward. Sure it was a big gamble, but so far it has paid off spectacularly well and long may it continue. Our manager has certainly something about him for someone with no experience at club level and is showing our recent failed managers the way things should be done. There is a feel good factor again throughout the players and supporters and two years ago who would have thought we would have so many academy players in and around the first team. We have yet to have a dip in performance but I am hopeful that the manager's positivity will pull us through.
Steve Cooper on 10:52 - Aug 29 with 4627 viewsPhil_S

I agree and in my (limited) discussions with Mr Birch he is in total agreement that Cooper is the man. I happened to speak to him the day after Huddersfield sacked their manager and said how crazy that seems so early into a season and he was adamant that we had made the right decision and even if results dipped and fans became unhappy he would stand firm in his belief that we had appointed the right man who will get it right for us in the long term even if there are some bumps along the way.

The positive for me around our Chairman is that he backs himself (and those around him) to make the right decisions and when they are made he sticks to that belief. And he is certainly more in tune with the fans than any of his predecessors which should only be a good thing.

That aside the football is good to watch again, we can say how poor the opposition was all we want but that was our second string last night winning 6-0 and we could (and possibly should) have reached double figures.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Steve Cooper on 10:58 - Aug 29 with 4571 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Steve Cooper on 10:52 - Aug 29 by Phil_S

I agree and in my (limited) discussions with Mr Birch he is in total agreement that Cooper is the man. I happened to speak to him the day after Huddersfield sacked their manager and said how crazy that seems so early into a season and he was adamant that we had made the right decision and even if results dipped and fans became unhappy he would stand firm in his belief that we had appointed the right man who will get it right for us in the long term even if there are some bumps along the way.

The positive for me around our Chairman is that he backs himself (and those around him) to make the right decisions and when they are made he sticks to that belief. And he is certainly more in tune with the fans than any of his predecessors which should only be a good thing.

That aside the football is good to watch again, we can say how poor the opposition was all we want but that was our second string last night winning 6-0 and we could (and possibly should) have reached double figures.

I’ve said it before - he’s the best man we could possibly have got for the chairman’s role. All the appointments he’s made are testament to this. And he’s definitely connecting well with the fans, has a lot of empathy. So glad to have him in charge.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Steve Cooper on 11:03 - Aug 29 with 4556 viewsperchrockjack

We are however conditioned by 40 yrs of trauma and false dawns albeit with magnificent sunsets.
People are cynical and it is entirely natural BUT we keep Bastona dn Ayew and ,personally, I believe it's game on. We can rip this league to pieces.

It's also the case the welsh media are ignoring us again which means they are fearful of us overtaking their beloved carfiff again

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Steve Cooper on 11:21 - Aug 29 with 4476 viewshobo

Potter was a huge act to follow and I think we may have pulled off the seemingly impossible. Well done all involved!

Keep up the good work Steve
Steve Cooper on 11:21 - Aug 29 with 4473 viewsBadlands

Agreed
(Still not warming though!!!)

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Steve Cooper on 12:11 - Aug 29 with 4329 viewsnantywatcher

Steve Cooper on 11:21 - Aug 29 by Badlands

Agreed
(Still not warming though!!!)

Now you're just being silly. (SC has been at the club for just two months - get your hot water bottle out.)
Steve Cooper on 12:24 - Aug 29 with 4271 viewsNeath_Jack

I'm going to bump some old Steve Cooper threads later to see what posters were saying on his appointment

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Steve Cooper on 12:27 - Aug 29 with 4249 viewsandypitt56

Steve Cooper on 12:24 - Aug 29 by Neath_Jack

I'm going to bump some old Steve Cooper threads later to see what posters were saying on his appointment

I think i said i was quietly optimistic!!
Login to get fewer ads

Steve Cooper on 12:28 - Aug 29 with 4243 viewsNeath_Jack

Steve Cooper on 12:27 - Aug 29 by andypitt56

I think i said i was quietly optimistic!!

Here you go, have a check

Quick glance, and there's some f*cking howlers in there from the usual suspects

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Steve Cooper on 12:52 - Aug 29 with 4157 viewsandypitt56

Steve Cooper on 12:28 - Aug 29 by Neath_Jack

Yep found my post!

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 09:39 - Jun 11

I am quietly confident about this appointment. They have clearly taken their time to chose him. Lets hope they announce it soon, then get the recruitment position sorted ASAP!

There i still a lot to do before the players get back to pre-season.

As you say there are some shockers on there thought! Mostly due to his father...
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 12:53]
Steve Cooper on 12:59 - Aug 29 with 4114 viewsNotLoyal

Who ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Steve Cooper on 12:59 - Aug 29 with 4109 viewsmonmouth

Given the stream of successful integrations from the youngsters I think we should have some appreciation for the work of Toshack and Richards too. These kids are playing the right way and seem to have no fear and great attitudes.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Steve Cooper on 13:11 - Aug 29 with 4066 viewsNeath_Jack

Steve Cooper on 12:59 - Aug 29 by NotLoyal

Who ?

What ?

Steve Cooper on 13:12 - Aug 29 with 4053 viewsexiledclaseboy

*peruses thread, breathes sigh of relief*

Poll: Tory leader

Steve Cooper on 13:17 - Aug 29 with 4014 viewsSgorioFruit

Steve Cooper on 11:21 - Aug 29 by hobo

Potter was a huge act to follow and I think we may have pulled off the seemingly impossible. Well done all involved!

The same potter that insisted on playing Nordfelt in goals? Not much of a huge act to beat.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Steve Cooper on 13:17 - Aug 29 with 4005 viewsCooperman

“A Welsh Bob Bradley”

©️ Badlands, 2019.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Steve Cooper on 13:29 - Aug 29 with 3937 viewsdickythorpe

Steve Cooper on 11:21 - Aug 29 by hobo

Potter was NOT a huge act to follow.
Steve Cooper on 13:36 - Aug 29 with 3903 viewsBadlands

Steve Cooper on 12:11 - Aug 29 by nantywatcher

Now you're just being silly. (SC has been at the club for just two months - get your hot water bottle out.)

I know... just can't help it. No reason.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Steve Cooper on 13:42 - Aug 29 with 3874 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Steve Cooper on 12:59 - Aug 29 by monmouth

Given the stream of successful integrations from the youngsters I think we should have some appreciation for the work of Toshack and Richards too. These kids are playing the right way and seem to have no fear and great attitudes.

This.
Those that have been following the acadamy teams have been saying for quite a while what goos "Swansea Style" football they play.
Like all youngsters they can lack consistency, but when asked to step up they have tried to continue playing the same way.
Yes Potter and now Cooper are giving them their chances, but they are the ones out there doing the business.
So well done to the acadamy team.
Steve Cooper on 13:55 - Aug 29 with 3818 viewsandypitt56

Steve Cooper on 13:29 - Aug 29 by dickythorpe

Potter was NOT a huge act to follow.

says the guy that was critising coopers appointment and shot down anyone who was positive about it.
Steve Cooper on 13:57 - Aug 29 with 3804 viewsbluey_the_blue

Steve Cooper on 10:52 - Aug 29 by Phil_S

Huddersfield sacking wasn't just for this season though - form had been woeful last season too, carried on this season.
Steve Cooper on 18:35 - Aug 29 with 3513 viewsdickythorpe

Steve Cooper on 13:55 - Aug 29 by andypitt56

says the guy that was critising coopers appointment and shot down anyone who was positive about it.

I'm not a sheep you see like some.

I won't apologise.
Steve Cooper on 18:41 - Aug 29 with 3490 viewsoldcob

Steve Cooper on 13:36 - Aug 29 by Badlands

I know... just can't help it. No reason.

Which, I think, says more about you than it does about Steve Cooper.
Steve Cooper on 18:54 - Aug 29 with 3451 viewsNotLoyal

Steve Cooper on 13:11 - Aug 29 by Neath_Jack

What ?

When ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Steve Cooper on 18:57 - Aug 29 with 3438 viewssainthelens

Steve Cooper on 13:57 - Aug 29 by bluey_the_blue

Huddersfield sacking wasn't just for this season though - form had been woeful last season too, carried on this season.

Then how the fck is Colin still in a job ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024