Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread 10:59 - Aug 29 with 48112 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 31 Aug 2019 14:21]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 12:17 - Aug 30 with 3523 viewsBadlands

I keep coming across comments online suggesting we are, in some way, privileged to be playing Leeds.
1 goal separates us from a team that was big 30 years ago, hasn't been in the top tier for 15 years and was in League 1 a few seasons ago.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 12:38 - Aug 30 with 3478 viewsmonmouth

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:44 - Aug 29 by 1964white

Hi Monmouth

Still around on MOT, not made any comments on the match day thread yet as I've been really busy, several posts on the other topics though. I actually did make a couple of posts on your forum this morning.

How are you mate ? thanks for the compliment

Your lads have made a good start playing some decent football as the Swans always do whenever I watch them. Good to see two footballing sides at the top of the table, lets hope we are both there come next May

I'm looking forward to the match on Saturday, our toughest test so far I suspect

I hope it's a cracker, won 4-0 by the team that has always played in white , rather than the johnny come lately real madrid wannabee lookylikeys :)

We never seem to do ourselves justice at ER, so no high hopes. Even in that league 1 season where we were pretty much irresistable we were brushed aside in Leeds. We can even take the lead and be clearly a better side (championsip promotion season) and find a way to lose, so you have to be favourites. My roommate at work is a big Leeds fan and the nicest bloke you could ever meet. He took it really well when you imploded (but Sheff U...Jesus, they were terrible...what were you playing at!). Anyway hopefully he's not getting his own back next week. I still do have a soft spot for Leeds, however hard I try and banish it. Had some good times in the city, plus some hairy moments with BNP/NF psychos. I hope the racism hasn't resurfaced with brexit.

Is the Skyrack still going? And the Packhorse? I hope they haven't turned those into poncy winebars.

Both sides are trying to play the right way, and with real tempo. We are getting used to coming back from one down, but I think the first goal might well decide which way this goes tomorrow,but it has all the potential for a high scoring thriller.

Nil Nil it is then.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 12:56 - Aug 30 with 3434 viewsjasper_T

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 12:17 - Aug 30 by Badlands

I keep coming across comments online suggesting we are, in some way, privileged to be playing Leeds.
1 goal separates us from a team that was big 30 years ago, hasn't been in the top tier for 15 years and was in League 1 a few seasons ago.

See the press conference today for plenty of that.
The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 13:33 - Aug 30 with 3351 viewsperchrockjack

Sadly its Sky and its obsession with big city clubs.
It will be as when we play Citeh ofr Liverpool when Macamamamaman ,Owen the taff,Fowler virtually avoided even mentioned the opponents-Us.

A day for us in the offing

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 14:46 - Aug 30 with 3268 viewsGlyn1

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 05:39 - Aug 30 by Captain_Sham

Are Glyn and Jasper the same person?

No, but it's a goal for me to aim for I suppose.

1-2.

Can we all be serious please. Bielsa is probably lurking on this site hoping to pick up clues and he'll think we're twp.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2019 15:51]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:28 - Aug 30 with 3055 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Fan favorite Wyndham Evans to do the color commentary again on Swans TV tomorrow!

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/leeds-game-available-international-viewers-swan

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:46 - Aug 30 with 3024 viewsploppy

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:28 - Aug 30 by Tummer_from_Texas

Fan favorite Wyndham Evans to do the color commentary again on Swans TV tomorrow!

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/leeds-game-available-international-viewers-swan

Not the black and white commentary?
The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:01 - Aug 30 with 2900 viewsswanforthemoney

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:09 - Aug 29 by Glyn1

No it does not.

It says that we have scored one more goal than them. Goal not goals / singular not plural.

Hopefully we'll correct that on Saturday.

(And yes, I am a boring pedant )
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 22:11]

We have scored goals, they have scored goals.

Our goals tally is greater then theirs, we have scored more goals than them.

I stand in the North Stand

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:13 - Aug 30 with 2883 viewsswanforthemoney

We have tended to start with one too many forward minded players and left midfield a bit sparse in the games I've been to. Its meant weve conceded early goals and/or chances until we've tightened up or changed personel.
I'd like to see us start with a very solid midfield against Leeds, I think we will suffer otherwise.
No reason we cant win this one. Keep going to the end, they will tire late on considering how they press early doors.
1-2 Swans

I stand in the North Stand

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:00 - Aug 30 with 2696 viewsMrSwerve

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 19:01 - Aug 30 by swanforthemoney

We have scored goals, they have scored goals.

Our goals tally is greater then theirs, we have scored more goals than them.

This thread needs more Warwick.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:30 - Aug 30 with 2660 viewskarnataka

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:28 - Aug 30 by Tummer_from_Texas

I'm in the South of France using the free hotel wifi. Does that mean I'm technically an overseas fan for this one game and can use the Swans TV stream? It's far too hot for me to go outside in the afternoon here anyway so I'd much rather stay inside in the lounge with the AC and watch the Swans on my tablet & phones with one of the staff occasionally bringing me a cold beer.
The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:30 - Aug 30 with 2656 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:30 - Aug 30 by karnataka

I'm in the South of France using the free hotel wifi. Does that mean I'm technically an overseas fan for this one game and can use the Swans TV stream? It's far too hot for me to go outside in the afternoon here anyway so I'd much rather stay inside in the lounge with the AC and watch the Swans on my tablet & phones with one of the staff occasionally bringing me a cold beer.

Available anywhere outside the UK, so I believe so.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:16 - Aug 30 with 2552 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 21:30 - Aug 30 by karnataka

Sounds dreadful old boy. How on earth will you cope??? 😁

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:21 - Aug 30 with 2527 viewskarnataka

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:16 - Aug 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Sounds dreadful old boy. How on earth will you cope??? 😁

I'll cope a lot better than I did this afternoon in 34 degrees, that's for sure. I was absolutely f*cked by 2pm!
The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:23 - Aug 30 with 2519 viewsJack_Meoff

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:09 - Aug 29 by Glyn1

No it does not.

It says that we have scored one more goal than them. Goal not goals / singular not plural.

Hopefully we'll correct that on Saturday.

(And yes, I am a boring pedant )
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 22:11]

What manner of witchcraft is this you speak of?

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 22:24 - Aug 30 with 2517 views1964white

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 12:38 - Aug 30 by monmouth

I hope it's a cracker, won 4-0 by the team that has always played in white , rather than the johnny come lately real madrid wannabee lookylikeys :)

We never seem to do ourselves justice at ER, so no high hopes. Even in that league 1 season where we were pretty much irresistable we were brushed aside in Leeds. We can even take the lead and be clearly a better side (championsip promotion season) and find a way to lose, so you have to be favourites. My roommate at work is a big Leeds fan and the nicest bloke you could ever meet. He took it really well when you imploded (but Sheff U...Jesus, they were terrible...what were you playing at!). Anyway hopefully he's not getting his own back next week. I still do have a soft spot for Leeds, however hard I try and banish it. Had some good times in the city, plus some hairy moments with BNP/NF psychos. I hope the racism hasn't resurfaced with brexit.

Is the Skyrack still going? And the Packhorse? I hope they haven't turned those into poncy winebars.

Both sides are trying to play the right way, and with real tempo. We are getting used to coming back from one down, but I think the first goal might well decide which way this goes tomorrow,but it has all the potential for a high scoring thriller.

Nil Nil it is then.

Agree I think the first goal will be important, pretty sure there'll be goals in this game. Swansea have struggled to win at Leeds over the years but stats are there to be broken so you never know. As with the games we lost at home v Norwich & the Blunts last season I do believe this is a game Leeds mustn't lose,
I haven't witnessed any racism at ER in a very long time. As for the city itself & the pubs you mention I don't know as I left Leeds 40 years ago due to job commitments. Worked & lived in various parts of the country since, now residing & settled in East Yorkshire as we have done for the last twenty years. Nowadays I only visit Leeds for all the home games & to watch Yorkshire Cricket in the summer months.
My wife & I are down your way in Abergavenny during November visiting one of our best friends. Anyway looking forward to a cracking match tomorrow, my eighth game in August
[Post edited 30 Aug 2019 22:28]
The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 00:09 - Aug 31 with 2343 viewsSwanseaman

After reading this it suggests Leeds should win, i hope it's wrong.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 01:40 - Aug 31 with 2276 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Pablo Honey is a big player for them, so stop him and we might have a chance.

Forcing him out with all them other fancy dan Spaniards was further genius from Harry Monk
[Post edited 31 Aug 2019 1:40]

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 01:52 - Aug 31 with 2267 viewsDJack

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 01:40 - Aug 31 by NeiltheTaylor

Pablo Honey is a big player for them, so stop him and we might have a chance.

Forcing him out with all them other fancy dan Spaniards was further genius from Harry Monk
[Post edited 31 Aug 2019 1:40]

"Pablo Honey is a big player for them"

Please tell me that is autocorrection...

Edit to state and hopefully not autoerotic-correction!
[Post edited 31 Aug 2019 1:54]

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 02:13 - Aug 31 with 2253 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Pablo Honey is a brilliant sketch, album and nickname for the silky skills of the former Swan.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 05:38 - Aug 31 with 2178 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 02:13 - Aug 31 by NeiltheTaylor

Pablo Honey is a brilliant sketch, album and nickname for the silky skills of the former Swan.

He’s only young. Probably not heard of Radiohead

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 09:02 - Aug 31 with 2004 views1964white

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 05:38 - Aug 31 by Brynmill_Jack

He’s only young. Probably not heard of Radiohead

Love Pablo.....Hernandez is the best player that has played for Leeds since our relegation fifteen years ago

Love Radiohead too, have every studio album + a couple of live bootlegs, also three of Tom Yorke's albums
[Post edited 31 Aug 2019 9:04]
The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 09:17 - Aug 31 with 1983 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 09:02 - Aug 31 by 1964white

Love Pablo.....Hernandez is the best player that has played for Leeds since our relegation fifteen years ago

Love Radiohead too, have every studio album + a couple of live bootlegs, also three of Tom Yorke's albums

Mate, most of us were very sorry to see him go. I’d personally tell him just to hang around the centre circle spraying killer passes all day. Glad for him that he’s adored at Leeds

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 09:19 - Aug 31 with 1978 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 09:02 - Aug 31 by 1964white

Saw them at the V fest when they headlined with Morrisey some years ago. Sh*t weather but great music all around. The divine comedy were superb as was Mozzer.

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 10:02 - Aug 31 with 1885 viewsGlyn1

The Official Leeds United vs Swansea City Match Thread on 00:09 - Aug 31 by Swanseaman

After reading this it suggests Leeds should win, i hope it's wrong.

Thanks for posting this. If you scroll down to the end of it you'll see the best analysis of how Cooper's team play that I've seen so far.

https://mobile.twitter.com/allstatsarentwe/status/1167105836239466498?ref_url=ht

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024