Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arrogant Dean Saunders 11:56 - Aug 31 with 8649 viewsberniehertz432

He was the same as a teenager.
Us Sandfields boys used to climb over the wall and play football on the pitch in the mid-late seventies,and one day Deano and his mates came out of the players' tunnel, giving it large,telling us to get out cos his daddy worked there,and it was private property blah blah.
Well, all I can say is an altercation took place, with them running back inside the south stand.
Anyway, we went outside and played footy outside the east bank and laughing about it all, when 10 minutes later 2 cars pull up and it's Deano and his old man and a few other men, and Deano picks me out and says '' That's the one that hit me daddy''.
So daddy threatens to call the police, and I say 'I wasn't the only one fighting,are they going to arrest us all?''
He mumbled something and they all jumped in their shiny big cars and sped off.
We all laughed for ages after.
I hope he goes down after that footage of him, and he's got the cheek to appeal.
Arrogant Dean Saunders on 12:09 - Aug 31 with 4766 viewssainthelens

Get a grip FFS.
Arrogant Dean Saunders on 12:11 - Aug 31 with 4755 viewsswancity

My Dads taller than your Dad

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 12:13 - Aug 31 with 4743 viewsNotLoyal

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 12:11 - Aug 31 by swancity

My Dads taller than your Dad

Is deanos dad tall ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 12:15 - Aug 31 with 4727 viewsItchySphincter

I met his dad once. Back when The Liberty first opened and for the first couple of games the queues were right around the west stand and Roy was standing right with me. He struck up a conversation about his old days with the club - I just found it strange how he was queueing with the rest of us.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 12:17 - Aug 31 with 4717 viewsNotLoyal

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 12:15 - Aug 31 by ItchySphincter

I met his dad once. Back when The Liberty first opened and for the first couple of games the queues were right around the west stand and Roy was standing right with me. He struck up a conversation about his old days with the club - I just found it strange how he was queueing with the rest of us.

They can't all be on a freebie, however if he is tall maybe he could see over everyone's head ?

OK I've changed it.

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 12:17 - Aug 31 with 4719 viewsdameedna

Genuinely enjoy that type of anecdote. Fair play.
Arrogant Dean Saunders on 12:19 - Aug 31 with 4707 viewssainthelens

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 12:13 - Aug 31 by NotLoyal

Is deanos dad tall ?

Roy died few years back. Lovely fella.
Arrogant Dean Saunders on 12:24 - Aug 31 with 4682 viewsNotLoyal

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 12:19 - Aug 31 by sainthelens

Roy died few years back. Lovely fella.

A bit of a tall order now then.

OK I've changed it.

Login to get fewer ads

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 12:31 - Aug 31 with 4644 viewsFergal

Jesus.
Arrogant Dean Saunders on 12:50 - Aug 31 with 4586 viewsNotLoyal

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 12:31 - Aug 31 by Fergal

Jesus.

Man City ?

OK I've changed it.

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 13:27 - Aug 31 with 4495 viewsItchySphincter

He was a short arse.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 13:49 - Aug 31 with 4403 viewsSwanjaxs

Every Sunday back in the day a load of us used to organise a kick about over Mynyddbach school, Dean wasn't even the best player on show, far from it in fairness, Roy was a tidy bloke, the bookies opposite The Plough in Brynhyfryd certainly felt it when passed away 😂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 22:12 - Sep 5 with 4027 viewsOldjack

He only had one pint mun

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 23:16 - Sep 5 with 3880 viewsAndy1300

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 13:49 - Aug 31 by Swanjaxs

Every Sunday back in the day a load of us used to organise a kick about over Mynyddbach school, Dean wasn't even the best player on show, far from it in fairness, Roy was a tidy bloke, the bookies opposite The Plough in Brynhyfryd certainly felt it when passed away 😂

I was in Penlan school with Dean, there were definitely better footballers there.

Number 1 team in Wales

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 23:22 - Sep 5 with 3860 viewshobo

Bernie Hertz, it looks like you were in the wrong here sunshine. You;re lucky it was only Dean Saunders there that day otherwise you'd have ended up getting more than you'd bargained for
Arrogant Dean Saunders on 23:27 - Sep 5 with 3838 viewsKilkennyjack

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 23:16 - Sep 5 by Andy1300

I was in Penlan school with Dean, there were definitely better footballers there.

Nice guy Dean.

No better finishers at Penlan School, Dean always scored loads of goals thru his pace, hard work, and dedication.

Just for some balance like ....

Beware of the Risen People

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 10:50 - Sep 6 with 3376 viewsperchrockjack

He might not have been the best footballer in school but he has made a good living out of what talent he has .

No amount of envy can hide that.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 11:01 - Sep 6 with 3350 viewsSwanjaxs

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 10:50 - Sep 6 by perchrockjack

He might not have been the best footballer in school but he has made a good living out of what talent he has .

No amount of envy can hide that.

Envy... not at all, he's done very well for himself and made a good living, good coaching brought the best out of him, absolutely no doubt though that if Roy hadn't "pulled a few strings" Dean would probably have struggled to get a trial 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 11:03 - Sep 6 with 3329 viewsDarran

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 11:01 - Sep 6 by Swanjaxs

Envy... not at all, he's done very well for himself and made a good living, good coaching brought the best out of him, absolutely no doubt though that if Roy hadn't "pulled a few strings" Dean would probably have struggled to get a trial 👍

Leave it Mate he played for Liverpool mun.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 11:08 - Sep 6 with 3331 viewsSwanjaxs

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 11:03 - Sep 6 by Darran

Leave it Mate he played for Liverpool mun.

Indeed, and won a shìtload of caps, again not sour grapes, but I could name half a dozen players who were better I'n my opinion at youth level in the Treboeth area alone that stood out more, have absolutely no axe to grind, lovely family, was in school with Alison (who is on the mend btw)
[Post edited 6 Sep 2019 13:19]

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 11:10 - Sep 6 with 3328 viewsJinxy

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 22:12 - Sep 5 by Oldjack

He only had one pint mun

Of what is the question.
Arrogant Dean Saunders on 11:20 - Sep 6 with 3294 viewsblackpooljack

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 22:12 - Sep 5 by Oldjack

He only had one pint mun

He's either very drunk or very stupid. Take your pick
Arrogant Dean Saunders on 11:21 - Sep 6 with 3290 viewsJinxy

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 11:20 - Sep 6 by blackpooljack

Option#3: Both?
Arrogant Dean Saunders on 11:50 - Sep 6 with 3253 viewsBarryTownSwam

Maybe its this perceived 'arrogance' that's the difference between being 'not the best finisher at school' and a successful professional career - believing you can do it whereas 'better players in school' didn't have that selfish inner-belief or drive to keep going despite inevitable set backs that the top players possess.
Deano spoke at a presentation dinner how his father Roy was a driving force towards him developing an inner self-confidence in his early teens. Deano spoke how his early career was littered with set back after set back, but his dad kept driving him on to keep going and believe it would all come good in the end.
Deano told how he went home from school chuffed with himself for coming 3rd in a regional cross country race. His dad was less pleased and asked "who beat you? why only 3rd?" Deano told the event he'd been beaten by Dudley Lewis (who was a regional champion I believe) and Phil Williams (who ran for Welsh Schools) so 3rd was an excellent achievement. Deano admitted that dad Roy was right to question why Deano accepted 3rd as being 'good enough' when only those with a ruthless attitude would succeed as a professional sportsman.
Deano went on to say it was Arthur Cox at Derby who transformed Deano's career from 'limited, average but effective' to 'better than most'. I've met Deano a few times (I played cricket against him) and always found him warm, friendly and less than arrogant.
Arrogant Dean Saunders on 13:15 - Sep 6 with 3125 viewsBloodyhills

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 11:20 - Sep 6 by blackpooljack

Both.

Played against him on Bishop Vaughan school fields a couple of time and he was ok but there were better players than him on the pitch but he made it and other better players didn't, so fair enough.

I suppose his dad's connections didn't harm though.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024