Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arrogant Dean Saunders 11:56 - Aug 31 with 8554 viewsberniehertz432

He was the same as a teenager.
Us Sandfields boys used to climb over the wall and play football on the pitch in the mid-late seventies,and one day Deano and his mates came out of the players' tunnel, giving it large,telling us to get out cos his daddy worked there,and it was private property blah blah.
Well, all I can say is an altercation took place, with them running back inside the south stand.
Anyway, we went outside and played footy outside the east bank and laughing about it all, when 10 minutes later 2 cars pull up and it's Deano and his old man and a few other men, and Deano picks me out and says '' That's the one that hit me daddy''.
So daddy threatens to call the police, and I say 'I wasn't the only one fighting,are they going to arrest us all?''
He mumbled something and they all jumped in their shiny big cars and sped off.
We all laughed for ages after.
I hope he goes down after that footage of him, and he's got the cheek to appeal.
Arrogant Dean Saunders on 13:21 - Sep 6 with 1875 viewsicecoldjack

Any bloke who makes it as a professional footballer is absolutely top level and extremely talented,be it L2 or higher, there are only a few thousand British pro footballers at any given time, and the guy played for Liverpool and scored for fun!!

As for being in trouble for being drunk behind the wheel of a car, what an absolute prick of a bloke, somebody should lock him in a room with families of those killed by drink drivers, he has enough money for a cab a hotel or a driver but was totally reckless. Hope he gets a good reaming in jail and learns his lesson.
Good footballer, reckless human being.

I think that just about covers it for me.
Arrogant Dean Saunders on 16:32 - Sep 6 with 1759 viewsperchrockjack

Icey. I could have said that.

Exactly as it is.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 16:36 - Sep 6 with 1749 viewsperchrockjack

Let me clear this up.

Get behind the wheel after drinking and believing you can control a motor car with your full facilities is outright,naked arrogance . Nothing the matter with arrogance so long as it doesn't kill you or others.

One pint is a pitiful excuse.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 18:57 - Sep 6 with 1675 viewsKingstonJack

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 13:15 - Sep 6 by Bloodyhills

Both.

Played against him on Bishop Vaughan school fields a couple of time and he was ok but there were better players than him on the pitch but he made it and other better players didn't, so fair enough.

I suppose his dad's connections didn't harm though.

Didn’t he play for Hafod?
Or Cym Albion?

I played Centre Forward in the possibles against him CF for the probables in the Swans U16 trials if my memory serves me. He got in. I can’t argue with that but there were definitely better players around him in his league team.
There were rumours that his dad had connections to help him up but tbh however he got up to pro football he deserved his spot at the top tier. Late developer maybe but fair enough.
I do remember him being a little arrogant when we played in the leagues but we were teenagers & probably all a bit cocky!

As to the drunk driving charge, stupid thing to do by him. But I don’t see too much arrogance in the footage. Just a pissed guy wanting to know if waiting for a lawyer would be better.
Arrogant Dean Saunders on 19:27 - Sep 6 with 1646 viewszedlep

Knew him for years. Was a great mate of my brother. Never knew him being anything but a genuine, likeable lad. Bumped into him in the Flamingo and Firkin in Derby when he was their first £1 million player and he was just as grounded. Lovely guy. One of our own done very good. Some are trying to score points here when a lad has messed up. Have a word ffs.

Zedzdead

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 20:08 - Sep 6 with 1602 viewsSwanjaxs

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 19:27 - Sep 6 by zedlep

Knew him for years. Was a great mate of my brother. Never knew him being anything but a genuine, likeable lad. Bumped into him in the Flamingo and Firkin in Derby when he was their first £1 million player and he was just as grounded. Lovely guy. One of our own done very good. Some are trying to score points here when a lad has messed up. Have a word ffs.

If he had done his bird then perhaps people would have been more forgiving mate 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 20:40 - Sep 6 with 1547 viewsGaryjack

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 20:08 - Sep 6 by Swanjaxs

If he had done his bird then perhaps people would have been more forgiving mate 👍

He has a right to appeal the sentence doesn't he? Let's face it, people who have smashed up other vehicles whilst pissed have avoided prison.
But going with zedlep, I last had a drink with Dean down at Sloanes in the summer that he signed for Liverpool, he was there with his wife on a Tuesday night, i was there with mine. we sat together for a few hours and the guy still had his feet firmly on the ground. Same guy i knew who was released by the Swans, so fair play to him for not giving up.
Arrogant Dean Saunders on 20:45 - Sep 6 with 1528 viewsSwanjaxs

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 20:40 - Sep 6 by Garyjack

He has a right to appeal the sentence doesn't he? Let's face it, people who have smashed up other vehicles whilst pissed have avoided prison.
But going with zedlep, I last had a drink with Dean down at Sloanes in the summer that he signed for Liverpool, he was there with his wife on a Tuesday night, i was there with mine. we sat together for a few hours and the guy still had his feet firmly on the ground. Same guy i knew who was released by the Swans, so fair play to him for not giving up.

Of course he does, and hopefully he'll get an opportunity to serve the original sentence, and that goes for anyone who decides to get behind a wheel inebriated

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Login to get fewer ads

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 21:14 - Sep 6 with 1495 viewsGaryjack

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 20:45 - Sep 6 by Swanjaxs

Of course he does, and hopefully he'll get an opportunity to serve the original sentence, and that goes for anyone who decides to get behind a wheel inebriated

I concur. But, as i said, he has a right to appeal as others have been sentenced to far less for doing far more whilst drink driving. I'm not sticking up for him by the way.
Arrogant Dean Saunders on 22:01 - Sep 6 with 1458 viewsBarryTownSwam

Oscars !
Slick Chicks !
Molly Magoos !
Pink Coconut !
The Bless !
Blue Note !

Bumped into Deano (and Mark Wright. and Ted McMinn. and Mel Sage. and Rob Hindmarsh. and the other tea totallers!!) into all the above. On a very regular basis!!

Always decent was Deano. Very grounded. No hint of arrogance at all.
Arrogant Dean Saunders on 23:32 - Sep 6 with 1401 viewsSwanjaxs

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 21:14 - Sep 6 by Garyjack

I concur. But, as i said, he has a right to appeal as others have been sentenced to far less for doing far more whilst drink driving. I'm not sticking up for him by the way.

Fair mate, not having a go at Dean in his profession, like I've said he made the best of his talent and pushed himself to his limits and ended up a credit to his family, and will always be a Treboeth boy at heart, I've personally known the effects drunken drivers have on both families, most probably Dean will get community service after his appeal and will come away a more reasonable person... here's hoping

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 23:53 - Sep 6 with 1386 viewsJack123

I agree, him and his father are sound lads. End of.

libera nos a malo

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 00:00 - Sep 7 with 1378 viewsDarran

I don’t know him personally but he comes across as a right thick twàt.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 00:04 - Sep 7 with 1368 viewsSwanjaxs

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 00:00 - Sep 7 by Darran

Roy wasn't the sharpest mind too so you may have a point, but mam and sis had the brains , lads liked a drink, girls looked after the cash 😎

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 09:31 - Sep 7 with 1259 viewsswan_si

That did make me laugh, pot and kettle comes to mind.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2019 10:02]
Arrogant Dean Saunders on 12:49 - Sep 7 with 1191 viewslondonlisa2001

Drink driving is inexcusable.

Dean and Benny are and were nice people.
Arrogant Dean Saunders on 13:00 - Sep 7 with 1179 viewsDarran

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 12:49 - Sep 7 by londonlisa2001

Well Dean only really came back into the public eye after the Clough story which someone has since said is a load of bullshit.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 13:02 - Sep 7 with 1177 viewslondonlisa2001

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 13:00 - Sep 7 by Darran

Well Dean only really came back into the public eye after the Clough story which someone has since said is a load of bullshit.

That’s irrelevant to what I said.
Arrogant Dean Saunders on 13:12 - Sep 7 with 1161 viewstheloneranger

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 12:49 - Sep 7 by londonlisa2001

Benny was a lovely man, but a very hard task master as a trainer/coach. Many a player came in after a heavy weekend or a heavy night and finished training being physically sick.

Many people forget Benny played over 100 games for Liverpool before he came to Swansea.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 13:20 - Sep 7 with 1150 viewslondonlisa2001

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 13:12 - Sep 7 by theloneranger

Benny was a lovely man, but a very hard task master as a trainer/coach. Many a player came in after a heavy weekend or a heavy night and finished training being physically sick.

Many people forget Benny played over 100 games for Liverpool before he came to Swansea.

He did. Was capped at youth level for England as well I think.
Arrogant Dean Saunders on 13:46 - Sep 7 with 1120 viewstheloneranger

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 13:52 - Sep 7 with 1110 viewslondonlisa2001

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 13:46 - Sep 7 by theloneranger

Dean is the spit of him in that picture.
Arrogant Dean Saunders on 20:16 - Sep 7 with 956 viewsJack59

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 23:16 - Sep 5 by Andy1300

I was in Penlan school with Dean, there were definitely better footballers there.

I don't know what he was like at Penlan school, anyway they were more into producing jockey's than footballers there.
But in fairness he didn't show much promise as a teenager down the Vetch, it was a couple of years after he left Swansea before he really took off.
He had a few years at the top level and was as good anyone in the country at that time.
Arrogant Dean Saunders on 20:41 - Sep 7 with 918 viewsjackportis

The bloke is cwmer

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Arrogant Dean Saunders on 20:58 - Sep 7 with 898 viewsgordondg

My opinion the year he was released by Bond I think,he and Pascoe were the only players worth keeping.His dad certainly seemed a gent,very unassuming,grounded a good description.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024