Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Defence and Set Piece 18:11 - Aug 31 with 2156 viewsPozuelosSideys

I can't get over how solid we look from set pieces? We seem to have gone from looking like a dropped trifle to being as solid as a row of terraced houses.

Is this down to excellent coaching by the current team or previous managers just being poor and not having a clue?

Additionally, I'm amazed how strong we are defensively, yet seemingly have more in attack for years..

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Defence and Set Piece on 18:19 - Aug 31 with 2102 viewsdickythorpe

We're a different side so far from last season's shambles.

Fantastic!
[Post edited 31 Aug 2019 18:34]
Defence and Set Piece on 19:16 - Aug 31 with 1988 viewsDJack

ATM I don't care. I'm just happy with how we play...but I suspect a mix of coaching and motivation.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Defence and Set Piece on 19:19 - Aug 31 with 1969 viewsperchrockjack

Hate to irritate or esteemed "moderator" in Winston but it really is due to the fact we have a keeper with a little courage ,command and ability to organise and give confidence to his defenders.

All I regret is Nordfledt still at the club. A truly appalling waste of a shirt -an insult to the great keepers of the past who have worn the "green" jersey.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Defence and Set Piece on 20:25 - Aug 31 with 1850 viewsEvanski

In all honesty, so long as your back four aren't as vertically challenged as a bunch of Blueturds who've been washed at the wrong temperature it should be possible to coach them to be organised at set pieces. How so many previous managers have failed so spectacularly in this regard is beyond me, but fair play to Cooper for bucking the trend.

Jacs y Canolbarth - Cangen Aberystwyth / Mid Wales Jacks - Aberystwyth Branch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024