Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds fans 19:43 - Aug 31 with 18255 viewssainthelens

Giving it large on few sites our boys took a pasting after the game. Wasn't there, anyone who was care to comment?
Leeds fans on 09:48 - Sep 2 with 2559 viewsAl_Bundy

Leeds fans on 23:37 - Sep 1 by TailGunner

Wolves in 86 was am experience..
Black lad got killed up there by police the week before, so the locals had a riot and charged us through the subway.....

Injury prone swans lost 4-0, Yorath had to play.

Subway incident was far more fun than the game...

I was at that game.. that subway route back to the station was hairy especially when you had 100 Wolves skinheads waiting..
Leeds fans on 10:04 - Sep 2 with 2533 viewsProfessor

Leeds fans on 12:22 - Sep 1 by pencoedjack

He’s a nice lad.

Surprised at the amount of Jacks in the Rhondda (not so many on our bus yesterday) but talking to one of the youngsters said there’s a lot.

Understandable not to take a 13 year old but there are a few dads with older boys on our trips.

Always been a few Penc. Like being in the resistance in occupied France at times growing up in 1980s Rhondda. Mainly in the upper Fawr, as further away from the enemy capital.
Leeds fans on 10:39 - Sep 2 with 2477 viewstaffpunk

Leeds fans on 10:04 - Sep 2 by Professor

Always been a few Penc. Like being in the resistance in occupied France at times growing up in 1980s Rhondda. Mainly in the upper Fawr, as further away from the enemy capital.

Yeah, always been some. A couple were very good friends of mine, Smirky and Brewer in particular, don't think either of them go anymore though. Still in the main a massive CCFC supporting area, 800 plus travel down for most games, I'd be surprised if there's more than 30/40 go and watch yourselves , though you'd know better than myself tbf.
I hope Penc isn't counting Tonyrefail as being in the Rhondda though!
[Post edited 2 Sep 2019 10:47]

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Leeds fans on 11:03 - Sep 2 with 2413 viewsProfessor

Leeds fans on 10:39 - Sep 2 by taffpunk

Yeah, always been some. A couple were very good friends of mine, Smirky and Brewer in particular, don't think either of them go anymore though. Still in the main a massive CCFC supporting area, 800 plus travel down for most games, I'd be surprised if there's more than 30/40 go and watch yourselves , though you'd know better than myself tbf.
I hope Penc isn't counting Tonyrefail as being in the Rhondda though!
[Post edited 2 Sep 2019 10:47]

Would agree. Some very loyal fans for the Bluebirds and some very good friends who are -not least Neil Davies who I believe you know.

I know both Mr Brewer and Smirky, though not seen Stuart for about 15 years and Smirky for about 10. I was there for 'Smirky's Leap' in Glastonbury 1990. I remember someone (Steve Gardner I think) getting Norman to play 'Biko' in Treorchy Rugby with him hollering 'Brewer' instead of Biko when he was nicked in Athens.
Leeds fans on 11:20 - Sep 2 with 2380 viewstaffpunk

Leeds fans on 11:03 - Sep 2 by Professor

Would agree. Some very loyal fans for the Bluebirds and some very good friends who are -not least Neil Davies who I believe you know.

I know both Mr Brewer and Smirky, though not seen Stuart for about 15 years and Smirky for about 10. I was there for 'Smirky's Leap' in Glastonbury 1990. I remember someone (Steve Gardner I think) getting Norman to play 'Biko' in Treorchy Rugby with him hollering 'Brewer' instead of Biko when he was nicked in Athens.

Ha, great stuff. I had Smirkys band-Supersonic Pop Reaction-as support to Cowboy Killers once. I aksed him not to mention the Jacks on stage, as I knew the sort of crowd that would be there, obviously he didn't listen to me. Thankfully no one was taking too much notice of them anyway, so his rantings weren't even noticed! Beddis from CK's then more or less went on a one man wrecking spree of the joint unfortunately-happy days. Smirk pops in the shop occasionally, still a top bloke, also puts the bands on in The Llwyncelyn in Porth.

Haven't seen Brewer for maybe 20 years, see his Dad a lot, a true gent. He also sadly doesn't go and watch yourselves anymore, he much preferred The Vetch.
Neil was sitting in the same block as me last Friday for the Fulham game.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Leeds fans on 12:24 - Sep 2 with 2315 viewsProfessor

Leeds fans on 11:20 - Sep 2 by taffpunk

Ha, great stuff. I had Smirkys band-Supersonic Pop Reaction-as support to Cowboy Killers once. I aksed him not to mention the Jacks on stage, as I knew the sort of crowd that would be there, obviously he didn't listen to me. Thankfully no one was taking too much notice of them anyway, so his rantings weren't even noticed! Beddis from CK's then more or less went on a one man wrecking spree of the joint unfortunately-happy days. Smirk pops in the shop occasionally, still a top bloke, also puts the bands on in The Llwyncelyn in Porth.

Haven't seen Brewer for maybe 20 years, see his Dad a lot, a true gent. He also sadly doesn't go and watch yourselves anymore, he much preferred The Vetch.
Neil was sitting in the same block as me last Friday for the Fulham game.

I still see/contact Neil pretty regularly-we used to share a house in the early 90s.

Sounds like Smirky-top bloke, but lacks any sense. As you say Brewer is an absolute gent. If I ever get down and have some time I'll come and have a look at the shop. Much of family has moved away-i have a brother up in Tylorstown, but we have never been close, so don't tend to come up the valley very often.
Leeds fans on 13:26 - Sep 2 with 2211 viewsperchrockjack

How often yo you get back there ,Paul

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Leeds fans on 13:49 - Sep 2 with 2180 viewsProfessor

Leeds fans on 13:26 - Sep 2 by perchrockjack

How often yo you get back there ,Paul

Not often Rich-2-3 times a year. Been a bit more this year as daughter went to open day at Swansea, was back for the Hull game and again a few weeks back to see the Wales V England rugby with the girl. Try to coincide with a game. My mother lives in Tenerife now, so less of a pull
Login to get fewer ads

Leeds fans on 14:14 - Sep 2 with 2138 viewsperchrockjack

Lucky woman .
Ideally, we would have gone there ourselves but would miss siblings and their offspring.

If my wife were to die before me,I might consider it ,as ,outside immediate family ,there is little for me ,even less in Swansea .

I fear the worse re Brexit and not sure people fully realise what might be coming.I hope I am dead before it kicks in.

I go home when there is a game I fancy as my streams are often shite now. Ideally, I would drive down and back same day but having done that in a car ,its too tiring,
althogh did it on one of my former motor bikes although got rebuked on here for exceeding the speed limit.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Leeds fans on 14:22 - Sep 2 with 2124 viewsProfessor

Leeds fans on 14:14 - Sep 2 by perchrockjack

Lucky woman .
Ideally, we would have gone there ourselves but would miss siblings and their offspring.

If my wife were to die before me,I might consider it ,as ,outside immediate family ,there is little for me ,even less in Swansea .

I fear the worse re Brexit and not sure people fully realise what might be coming.I hope I am dead before it kicks in.

I go home when there is a game I fancy as my streams are often shite now. Ideally, I would drive down and back same day but having done that in a car ,its too tiring,
althogh did it on one of my former motor bikes although got rebuked on here for exceeding the speed limit.

It's a bit too far for a day. Went to Edinburgh and back last week and that was enough even though an easier drive. The bypass at Newtown helps.

My mother has residency ahead of Brexit. Like you I worry what it will bring. A billionaire's coup.
Leeds fans on 14:24 - Sep 2 with 2118 viewspencoedjack

Leeds fans on 07:05 - Sep 2 by Brynmill_Jack

I thought it was 87? Wasn’t there snow on the terraces prompting snow ball coming over that huge bank on their Kip end we had to share while the ground was being redeveloped?
And the Queens’ bus being bricked and them all jumping out and chasing some chaps??

I was on that bus.

Coldest journey home ever.

Crazy day.
Leeds fans on 09:05 - Sep 3 with 1792 viewsNotLoyal

Leeds fans on 16:40 - Sep 1 by TenbySwan

There are plenty of 40-50 yr old Swansea fans who would have a go at a 13yr old.

Can you give an example?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Leeds fans on 09:24 - Sep 3 with 1748 viewsBadlands

Leeds fans on 09:05 - Sep 3 by NotLoyal

Can you give an example?

Wed January 21, 2015

Police are appealing for witnesses after a 16-year-old Chelsea fan with autism was abused and assaulted after leaving Swansea City's Liberty Stadium

POLICE are hunting for "cowardly" yobs who attacked a young disabled football supporter following a match at the Liberty Stadium.

The 16-year-old, who has autism, was verbally abused and punched in the face as he and his brother made their way back to the city centre after the Premier League clash.

Not 13 but .....

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Leeds fans on 09:54 - Sep 3 with 1705 viewssainthelens

Leeds fans on 09:24 - Sep 3 by Badlands

Wed January 21, 2015

Police are appealing for witnesses after a 16-year-old Chelsea fan with autism was abused and assaulted after leaving Swansea City's Liberty Stadium

POLICE are hunting for "cowardly" yobs who attacked a young disabled football supporter following a match at the Liberty Stadium.

The 16-year-old, who has autism, was verbally abused and punched in the face as he and his brother made their way back to the city centre after the Premier League clash.

Not 13 but .....

That is appalling with no excuses. But hardly plenty is it ?
Leeds fans on 12:05 - Sep 3 with 1633 viewsNotLoyal

Leeds fans on 09:24 - Sep 3 by Badlands

Wed January 21, 2015

Not 13 but .....

That's tragic, any outcome to this ?
I'm assuming this wasn't a part of the wider fighting outside the ground that day amongst supporters from both sides ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Leeds fans on 15:17 - Sep 3 with 1463 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Leeds fans on 14:24 - Sep 2 by pencoedjack

I was on that bus.

Coldest journey home ever.

Crazy day.

I was on the bus you cut up to get out . Could have been us

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Leeds fans on 15:26 - Sep 3 with 1449 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Leeds fans on 09:54 - Sep 3 by sainthelens

That is appalling with no excuses. But hardly plenty is it ?

And more likely to have teenagers from here rather than 40-50 year olds

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Leeds fans on 17:15 - Sep 3 with 1349 viewsSwanjaxs

Leeds fans on 16:40 - Sep 1 by TenbySwan

There are plenty of 40-50 yr old Swansea fans who would have a go at a 13yr old.

Wow! Now that's a sweeping statement... and absolutely totally bolloxs 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Leeds fans on 12:36 - Sep 4 with 1127 viewsTreorchyjack

Leeds fans on 11:03 - Sep 2 by Professor

DJ Norm... a legend and a blast from the past! Do you know if he's still alive?
Leeds fans on 13:59 - Sep 4 with 1043 viewstaffpunk

Leeds fans on 12:36 - Sep 4 by Treorchyjack

DJ Norm... a legend and a blast from the past! Do you know if he's still alive?

I see 'The Duke' quite regularly up Treorchy. I used to deliver leaflets for him in the early 80's, I also used to help him with the Discos for about a year round about 1983/4, he was quite a guy, that's all I'll say! Sadly his wife has recently passed away, but Norm himself is going strong, always a pleasure to chat with him.

Leeds fans on 14:16 - Sep 4 with 1012 viewsTreorchyjack

Leeds fans on 13:59 - Sep 4 by taffpunk

I see 'The Duke' quite regularly up Treorchy. I used to deliver leaflets for him in the early 80's, I also used to help him with the Discos for about a year round about 1983/4, he was quite a guy, that's all I'll say! Sadly his wife has recently passed away, but Norm himself is going strong, always a pleasure to chat with him.

83/4 a bit before my time, but he was a legend in Polikoffs in the early 90s!
Leeds fans on 14:23 - Sep 4 with 998 viewsProfessor

Leeds fans on 13:59 - Sep 4 by taffpunk

Rhondda legend. His son Darren was in my year at school, and of course Nigel was the Peruvian Hipsters guitar man.
(No subject) (n/t) on 17:19 - Sep 4 with 866 viewsTonyrefail

Leeds fans on 17:41 - Sep 4 with 829 viewsThrasher6

Leeds fans on 14:23 - Sep 4 by Professor

Rhondda legend. His son Darren was in my year at school, and of course Nigel was the Peruvian Hipsters guitar man.

Met Nigel Buckland many times and he was a gent of fella...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Leeds fans on 17:41 - Sep 4 with 828 viewstaffpunk

Leeds fans on 14:23 - Sep 4 by Professor

Nigel is the same age as me I think, used to come to Punk gigs late 70's on the mini buses I took. Then he got all arty-farty-lol, never knew his brother, age gap I guess.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024