Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jay Fulton 09:03 - Sep 1 with 4257 viewsJackfath

The unsung hero of this side? Thought he was magnificent yesterday.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Jay Fulton on 09:05 - Sep 1 with 3128 viewsFireboy2

They all were fathy.
Jay Fulton on 09:10 - Sep 1 with 3102 viewsJackfath

Jay Fulton on 09:05 - Sep 1 by Fireboy2

They all were fathy.

Indeed. But this thread was about Jay Fulton and I was asking if he is the unsung hero of this side.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Jay Fulton on 09:14 - Sep 1 with 3077 viewsNortbankboy

Jay Fulton on 09:10 - Sep 1 by Jackfath

Indeed. But this thread was about Jay Fulton and I was asking if he is the unsung hero of this side.

He's comfortable at this level
Jay Fulton on 09:19 - Sep 1 with 3059 viewsSwansea93

He's come into the team and has been brilliant without many people noticing him, only thing is when Carroll returns to full fitness will he make way for him?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Jay Fulton on 09:25 - Sep 1 with 3038 viewsJackfath

Jay Fulton on 09:19 - Sep 1 by Swansea93

He's come into the team and has been brilliant without many people noticing him, only thing is when Carroll returns to full fitness will he make way for him?

Competition for places is just what we need.

Jay Fulton on 09:27 - Sep 1 with 3026 viewsjasper_T

Jay Fulton on 09:19 - Sep 1 by Swansea93

You would hope so.
Jay Fulton on 09:27 - Sep 1 with 3026 viewsnantywatcher

Jay is a massively important part of this successful jigsaw. Best "reader" of the game in our team and his work off the ball has never been understood or valued by the "experts" on here. Some clowns have even described him as lazy!
Jay Fulton on 09:31 - Sep 1 with 3004 viewsDr_Winston

Jay Fulton on 09:27 - Sep 1 by nantywatcher

Jay is a massively important part of this successful jigsaw. Best "reader" of the game in our team and his work off the ball has never been understood or valued by the "experts" on here. Some clowns have even described him as lazy!

He can't be lazy when he's too busy hiding from the ball.

Or something.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Jay Fulton on 09:32 - Sep 1 with 3002 viewsNortbankboy

He's not lazy,he does a lot of the dirty work.
But Carroll is a much better player
Jay Fulton on 09:32 - Sep 1 with 3002 viewsjedmo_jack

I thought he was certainly an unsung hero of yesterday.

Was far more scrappy and aggressive in the tackle than he usually is with the neat touches to back it up.

V QPR and Birmingham he was frustratingly passive in defence. As he so often can be imo.
Jay Fulton on 09:46 - Sep 1 with 2952 viewsWarwickHunt

Jay Fulton on 09:05 - Sep 1 by Fireboy2

They all were fathy.

We all dream of a team of Jackfaths...
Jay Fulton on 09:48 - Sep 1 with 2951 viewsNotLoyal

Falkirk etc.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Jay Fulton on 09:48 - Sep 1 with 2952 viewsKingBony

Jay Fulton on 09:46 - Sep 1 by WarwickHunt

We all dream of a team of Jackfaths...

It’s great to see him posting again, and going to games.
Shows the bullies won’t stop him

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Jay Fulton on 10:39 - Sep 1 with 2819 viewsNortbankboy

Jay Fulton on 09:48 - Sep 1 by KingBony

It’s great to see him posting again, and going to games.
Shows the bullies won’t stop him

Great wind up merchant
Jay Fulton on 10:43 - Sep 1 with 2799 viewsNeathJack

Jay Fulton on 09:32 - Sep 1 by Nortbankboy

He's not lazy,he does a lot of the dirty work.
But Carroll is a much better player

Carroll is a totally different type of player. They're not really comparable like for like as they both bring completely different attributes the party.
Jay Fulton on 10:49 - Sep 1 with 2778 viewsFireboy2

You are correct on both accounts.
Jay Fulton on 11:06 - Sep 1 with 2740 viewsicecoldjack

Fulton is the only midfield player we have that can bite the legs of the opposition, a job which is one of the most important but needs to be under the radar .
Gotta have that kind of player in any good team, Grimes makes the odd crunching tackle too Jay is good at breaking up play, he has good skills too, no doubt these players will keep improving as the season goes on, Fulton has always done a decent job, even when playing in the premier league .

He plays on the limit in terms of not annoying the ref too much but annoyin* the hell out of the opposition, yesterday was a good example.
Jay Fulton on 11:22 - Sep 1 with 2687 viewsjasper_T

Jay Fulton on 11:06 - Sep 1 by icecoldjack

Fulton is the only midfield player we have that can bite the legs of the opposition, a job which is one of the most important but needs to be under the radar .
Gotta have that kind of player in any good team, Grimes makes the odd crunching tackle too Jay is good at breaking up play, he has good skills too, no doubt these players will keep improving as the season goes on, Fulton has always done a decent job, even when playing in the premier league .

He plays on the limit in terms of not annoying the ref too much but annoyin* the hell out of the opposition, yesterday was a good example.

Grimes makes more tackles than Jay. More interceptions, clearances, blocks and less fouls.

Do people undervalue his defending because he's so good on the ball? Weird that he still has this reputation as needing a thug in alongside him. Same with Fer last season, when Matt was outperforming him in every area.
Jay Fulton on 11:33 - Sep 1 with 2651 viewsCooperman

I put him firmly in the category of 7 out of 10 type player.

Rarely sets the world alight but also rarely lets himself and the team down. Considering what we paid for him I don’t think anyone has grounds for complaint.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Jay Fulton on 11:39 - Sep 1 with 2644 viewsJFSwan

Makes me remember how great Leon was. He would snap around the ankles like Fulton and also dictate the play like Grimes.
Jay Fulton on 12:11 - Sep 1 with 2580 viewsNortbankboy

Jay Fulton on 11:39 - Sep 1 by JFSwan

Makes me remember how great Leon was. He would snap around the ankles like Fulton and also dictate the play like Grimes.

Hold on .there is not one player in the team in lemons class
Jay Fulton on 14:45 - Sep 1 with 2444 viewskrunchykarrot

Jay Fulton on 11:22 - Sep 1 by jasper_T

Grimes makes more tackles than Jay. More interceptions, clearances, blocks and less fouls.

Do people undervalue his defending because he's so good on the ball? Weird that he still has this reputation as needing a thug in alongside him. Same with Fer last season, when Matt was outperforming him in every area.

Im one of these Jasper, i like 2 in midfield with bite. I know the game has changed but Fulton has been good so far so leave well alone for now i say. We are starting to get choices in positions which is all good news, Im a fan of Dhanda as you know but it was a brave call to start him yesterday. I havent seen any extended highlights to comment further, only to say well done SC.
Jay Fulton on 16:02 - Sep 1 with 2361 viewsPegojack

Jay Fulton on 12:11 - Sep 1 by Nortbankboy

That gives me the pip. He's got a lot of zest.
Jay Fulton on 16:07 - Sep 1 with 2348 viewswaynekerr55

Jay Fulton on 12:11 - Sep 1 by Nortbankboy

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Jay Fulton on 16:39 - Sep 1 with 2316 viewsploppy

Jay Fulton on 11:22 - Sep 1 by jasper_T

Just because Grimes outperforms Fulton on stats doesn't make Fulton's contribution invalid. Fulton operates in different areas for a start - he was putting in tackles second half in front of the away supporters. You wouldn't find Grimes there. I've been critical of Fulton, especially when he hides from the ball, but in the absence of anyone else who can perform his role, I think he's well worth having in the side against teams who would try to bully us. Leeds, for all their silky football, are one of the dirtiest teams in the division. Can you imagine Carroll playing yesterday? He shites out of 50/50s and we all notice it and get on his back for it. Fulton is prepared to go for 40/60s.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024