Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Radio Wales coverage. 16:01 - Sep 1 with 1863 viewsTenbySwan

When Swans played Derby a couple of weeks ago Radio Wales in Pembrokeshire was covering the Cardiff game as they always do.
Swans commentary is only on RW in the Swansea area.

I complained to them about this. They agreed I had a point and said they would sort it.

In any event with Cardiff having played Fri night I was looking forward to listening to the Leeds game yesterday.

So tuned in on DAB yesterday at 3pm to get greeted by blydi Rugby!!!!! Never mind I thought I'll listen on FM, no blydi chance !
Radio Wales had the same rugby coverage on DAB, FM, MW, Sky, red button, freeview and online! EVERY possible listening option in West Wales.

Rob Phillip's Leeds commentary was only available on DAB in the Swansea area.

W*ankers!

It wouldn't be the same if Cardiff were in the top two.

PS Radio Cymru AND Radio Cymru 2 , the Welsh language BBC were BOTH broadcasting the same rugby commentary!
[Post edited 1 Sep 2019 16:04]
Radio Wales coverage. on 16:38 - Sep 1 with 1758 viewssP7qupUf

Spot on. Was driving home from a break in Newport and put the car radio on to my dismay. Awful service for local license fee payers.
Radio Wales coverage. on 16:51 - Sep 1 with 1727 viewsmajorraglan

I am not rabidly anti egg like some on here and follow some club rugby, but the fact that the BBC only had coverage of a friendly Wales rugby match did my swede in. They should be giving people a choice.
Radio Wales coverage. on 16:59 - Sep 1 with 1698 viewsunion_jack

Radio Wales coverage. on 16:51 - Sep 1 by majorraglan

I am not rabidly anti egg like some on here and follow some club rugby, but the fact that the BBC only had coverage of a friendly Wales rugby match did my swede in. They should be giving people a choice.

Me neither and my thoughts exactly.

It was a top of the table clash ffs.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Radio Wales coverage. on 17:02 - Sep 1 with 1679 viewsperchrockjack

If Sheff Weds /derby,Baggies were playing Lids,this game would be everywhere.

Radio Wales has utter contempt for us and local Swansea radio has given it up.

Swansea is a city of 245,000 with almost half a million in the region YET we have this incredible situation.

Swansea City is pre eminent in the eyes of most Britons.More know of the Swans than the Gower,Mumbles,Joes ,Verdis or feckn Rossis

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Radio Wales coverage. on 17:14 - Sep 1 with 1643 viewsunion_jack

Radio Wales coverage. on 17:02 - Sep 1 by perchrockjack

If Sheff Weds /derby,Baggies were playing Lids,this game would be everywhere.

Radio Wales has utter contempt for us and local Swansea radio has given it up.

Swansea is a city of 245,000 with almost half a million in the region YET we have this incredible situation.

Swansea City is pre eminent in the eyes of most Britons.More know of the Swans than the Gower,Mumbles,Joes ,Verdis or feckn Rossis

It it was a 6 Nations or RWC game, I’d still say it was under represented. But it was a second string warm-up game. Incredible.

And I love my rugby!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Radio Wales coverage. on 17:22 - Sep 1 with 1616 viewsperchrockjack

Yep.Me too.

There should be some common sense as to what is broadcast.

Radio Wales coverage. on 17:23 - Sep 1 with 1617 viewssainthelens

If Wales are playing and win the day we play the derby...and we subsequently win our game, it will barely get a mention.
Not bitter, in fact couldn't give 2 fcks, but appreciate the feelings for those that do.
Radio Wales coverage. on 17:33 - Sep 1 with 1585 viewsEvanski

Same here. Only egg on RW in Ceredigion. When the unwashed’s games coincide with ours it’s their games that we get. It’s fvcking outrageous in a vastly predominently Swansea-supporting area.

Jacs y Canolbarth - Cangen Aberystwyth / Mid Wales Jacks - Aberystwyth Branch

Login to get fewer ads

Radio Wales coverage. on 17:43 - Sep 1 with 1547 viewsKerouac

I reckon we need to get a petition going on this subject.
It is a public service that couldn't give a shite about the public outside of Cardiff.
There will be some chinless wonders responsible for these decisions on what to broadcast, no doubt all based in Cardiff, getting free tickets to games in Cardiff etc.
Unless we put real pressure on these people it will be possible to continue giving those outside Cardiff a shite service indefinitely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Radio Wales coverage. on 17:56 - Sep 1 with 1515 viewsJinxy

Radio Wales coverage. on 17:43 - Sep 1 by Kerouac

It is a public service that couldn't give a shite about the public outside of Cardiff.
There will be some chinless wonders responsible for these decisions on what to broadcast, no doubt all based in Cardiff, getting free tickets to games in Cardiff etc.
Unless we put real pressure on these people it will be possible to continue giving those outside Cardiff a shite service indefinitely.

Free tickets to Cardiff games? Well, at least their getting punished I suppose.
Radio Wales coverage. on 18:01 - Sep 1 with 1493 viewslifelong

I was able to listen to the game yesterday ,on Radio Wales, on my digital radio.
Thankfully somebody put a link on here for us to watch the game, which meant We didn’t have to listen anymore to such crap commentary.
Radio Wales coverage. on 18:14 - Sep 1 with 1472 viewsRevJames

I live in Cardiff and had the same problem during the PL years (due to rights) but thought it would be ok in the Championship because they'd be able to split the airwaves.

I know I won't get it on DAB but you'd think you'd get it on FM or MW.

Rob Phillips said on his "Call Rob" show last week they hear that the programme has too much Cardiff bias which he said was nonsense. If you really mean that, please allow fans to listen to either Swansea or Cardiff on DAB, FM or online.

On the bright side, if I drive to one of the highest parts of Cardiff and point the car facing west, do my "Danny boy calling broadsword" impression on the car radio, I can just about pick out some commentary although it does cut out now and again.

Radio Wales
Radio Wales coverage. on 18:20 - Sep 1 with 1450 viewsItchySphincter

What was the reason given that Swansea Sound no longer broadcast games? Was it that the rights are too expensive, and if so, who is the rights holder?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Radio Wales coverage. on 18:34 - Sep 1 with 1405 viewsperchrockjack

Kerouac.
jees...missed you.

You are the best poster on here,almost.

Radio Wales coverage. on 18:37 - Sep 1 with 1386 viewssainthelens

Radio Wales coverage. on 18:34 - Sep 1 by perchrockjack

Kerouac.
jees...missed you.

You are the best poster on here,almost.

Du owe him money?
Radio Wales coverage. on 18:41 - Sep 1 with 1370 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Spot on get the same service, e.g rubbish up here, drives me mad.
Radio Wales coverage. on 18:44 - Sep 1 with 1355 viewsblaenaugwentjack

All for this, get the petition going.
Radio Wales coverage. on 18:44 - Sep 1 with 1353 viewsperchrockjack

Radio Wales coverage. on 18:37 - Sep 1 by sainthelens

Du owe him money?

I have no debts.

Apart from a previous mortgage,never been.

Brought up to get only what you can afford and never to get into debt you cannot handle.

Good advice really.

K is a poster apart .

Radio Wales coverage. on 19:31 - Sep 1 with 1258 viewsDarran

Radio Wales coverage. on 18:44 - Sep 1 by perchrockjack

I have no debts.

Brought up to get only what you can afford and never to get into debt you cannot handle.

Good advice really.

K is a poster apart .

Lying cuńt.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Radio Wales coverage. on 19:32 - Sep 1 with 1253 viewsDarran

Radio Wales coverage. on 18:44 - Sep 1 by perchrockjack

I have no debts.

Good advice really.

K is a poster apart .

And you can stick that Bob Dylan book I had to bribe someone for in the post too you bum

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Radio Wales coverage. on 19:45 - Sep 1 with 1214 viewsTonyrefail

I'd be more than happy to sign any petition. I live in Tonyrefail and Radio Wales never cover the Swans matches live in my area. But Cardiff City is broadcast in all areas bar Swansea. Whether its Wales rugby or Cardiff City playing the same time as the Swans then give people a choice by utilising DAB, FM and MW.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024