Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ayew Staying 19:00 - Sep 1 with 14810 viewstreehuggerjack

Looks that way!
https://www.swanseacity.com/news/andre-ayew-commits-swansea-city
Ayew Staying on 20:39 - Sep 1 with 2284 viewsplasjack

Ayew Staying on 20:33 - Sep 1 by jack247

If we go up with Ayew and Baston playing major roles, it will be in spite of the owners, not because of them.

Baston wasn’t given a squad number until the end of pre season. Birch went on record saying their wages could cripple us.

But as you say, if we go up, who cares? Fans win, owners win.

Did Birch say this before we sold DJ and OM?.
Ayew Staying on 20:42 - Sep 1 with 2268 viewsFlashberryjack

Ayew Staying on 20:37 - Sep 1 by Darran

What happens if someone offers £5million for Ayew tomorrow?

He stays

Which part of "I'm going nowhere" "I love this clwb" "I'm here for the long term" don't you understand ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Ayew Staying on 20:44 - Sep 1 with 2255 viewsjack247

Ayew Staying on 20:39 - Sep 1 by plasjack

Did Birch say this before we sold DJ and OM?.

Way before we sold McBurnie. A deal was effectively done for James a long time before it happened. He certainly knew James was going when he said it.
Ayew Staying on 20:45 - Sep 1 with 2244 viewsGeoffThom

From what I've heard everyone in and around the club are in a very good place at the moment the vibe is apparently fantastic long may it remain so
Ayew Staying on 20:51 - Sep 1 with 2208 viewsItchySphincter

Ayew Staying on 20:25 - Sep 1 by thornabyswan

No it doesn't clear anything up we sold 40 million quid worth of talent and have a better side than last.

Your thread about Birch being on thin ice was the biggest load of crap I have seen on here for a long time.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2019 20:27]

Yeah, it would be, because it went over your head. There was no insinuation at the time that there was an appetite to keepp Borja or Ayew, in fact it was the opposite, so your gloating now is more down to luck than judgement on your part.

I can accept that and I’m happy the players are staying now that we sold McBurnie but I can’t keep on pointing out the obvious to you.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ayew Staying on 20:52 - Sep 1 with 2198 viewsDarran

Ayew Staying on 20:42 - Sep 1 by Flashberryjack

He stays

Which part of "I'm going nowhere" "I love this clwb" "I'm here for the long term" don't you understand ?

Yeah of course they all love the cloob,silly me.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ayew Staying on 20:53 - Sep 1 with 2191 viewsItchySphincter

Ayew Staying on 20:31 - Sep 1 by jacks777

Let’s face it. You talk shite

Look at the post you just quoted.

Ayew Staying on 20:57 - Sep 1 with 2180 viewsthornabyswan

Ayew Staying on 20:51 - Sep 1 by ItchySphincter

Yeah, it would be, because it went over your head. There was no insinuation at the time that there was an appetite to keepp Borja or Ayew, in fact it was the opposite, so your gloating now is more down to luck than judgement on your part.

I can accept that and I’m happy the players are staying now that we sold McBurnie but I can’t keep on pointing out the obvious to you.

I am not gloating just pointing out that this transfer window has worked out pretty well.

And that you stating Birch was on thin ice was a bit foolish.

Whether it was luck or not Birch has got a lot more right than wrong since he joined the club

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Login to get fewer ads

Ayew Staying on 20:58 - Sep 1 with 2170 viewshobo

"Not good enough" "waste of space"
Ayew Staying on 21:00 - Sep 1 with 2154 viewsjackrmee

Ayew Staying on 20:10 - Sep 1 by ItchySphincter

Since the club decided to cash in on James and especially Oli we are extremely fortunate to have players of the caliber of Ayew and Baston in the championship and even more fortunate that the owners appear to have been talked in to a change of heart, or at least a short term roll of the dice.

Mental that we sell 2 of our pups for £35mil and actually have another £35mil worth of direct replacements in the back cupboard we'd forgotten about, who couls turn into even better assets in this division. I can't believe shit like that actually happens. Fair play to Birch and the boys mind.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Ayew Staying on 21:14 - Sep 1 with 2092 viewsCooperman

Ayew Staying on 20:10 - Sep 1 by ItchySphincter

Since the club decided to cash in on James and especially Oli we are extremely fortunate to have players of the caliber of Ayew and Baston in the championship and even more fortunate that the owners appear to have been talked in to a change of heart, or at least a short term roll of the dice.

Agree with most of that. I can’t help but wonder though if we’ve had our hand forced a little; how many offers were actually out there for both Ayew and Baston?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Ayew Staying on 21:15 - Sep 1 with 2086 viewsNeath_Jack

Ayew Staying on 20:45 - Sep 1 by GeoffThom

From what I've heard everyone in and around the club are in a very good place at the moment the vibe is apparently fantastic long may it remain so

Cheers Geoff.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Ayew Staying on 21:21 - Sep 1 with 2041 viewsItchySphincter

Ayew Staying on 21:14 - Sep 1 by Cooperman

Agree with most of that. I can’t help but wonder though if we’ve had our hand forced a little; how many offers were actually out there for both Ayew and Baston?

Thanks Coops. Your sense of balance is refreshing. It could have been very different.

Ayew Staying on 21:33 - Sep 1 with 1958 viewsDarran

Ayew Staying on 21:15 - Sep 1 by Neath_Jack

Cheers Geoff.

Imagine being unbeaten,top of the league,in the third round of the cup and having a good feeling around the club.
Who’d have thunk it?

Ayew Staying on 21:36 - Sep 1 with 1947 viewsItchySphincter

Ayew Staying on 21:33 - Sep 1 by Darran

Imagine being unbeaten,top of the league,in the third round of the cup and having a good feeling around the club.
Who’d have thunk it?

Tangfastic Dazzler.

Ayew Staying on 21:37 - Sep 1 with 1949 viewsjack247

Ayew Staying on 21:14 - Sep 1 by Cooperman

Any decent offer and they’d both have gone. If you’d asked Birch or the Americans in pre season, there’s no way they’d have wanted either of them here now.

May well work very much in our favour though
Ayew Staying on 21:41 - Sep 1 with 1917 viewsItchySphincter

Ayew Staying on 21:37 - Sep 1 by jack247

Any decent offer and they’d both have gone. If you’d asked Birch or the Americans in pre season, there’s no way they’d have wanted either of them here now.

Indeed. Things changed, and it’s a good thing they did.

Ayew Staying on 21:42 - Sep 1 with 1910 viewsDarran

Ayew Staying on 21:37 - Sep 1 by jack247

Absolutely spot on.

Ayew Staying on 21:53 - Sep 1 with 1852 viewsFlashberryjack

Ayew Staying on 21:41 - Sep 1 by ItchySphincter

Indeed. Things changed, and it’s a good thing they did.

I wonder where we would be now had we let Dan go to Leeds for a bag of beans.

There's no doubt if we had received any decent offers for Ayew or Baston both would be gone by now, however things are much different now, and dare I say, I think Birch is doing a great job of running a headcase of a club.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Ayew Staying on 21:56 - Sep 1 with 1841 viewsDr_Winston

If Ayew is to be believed then decent offers were received yet he's still here.

The sales of both McBurnie and James have made a massive difference to the clubs outlook. I'd imagine that deep down Birch and co would prefer to not have Baston, Ayew and probably a couple of others on the payroll but there's breathing space now.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ayew Staying on 22:10 - Sep 1 with 1759 viewsjasper_T

Ayew Staying on 21:53 - Sep 1 by Flashberryjack

I wonder where we would be now had we let Dan go to Leeds for a bag of beans.

There's no doubt if we had received any decent offers for Ayew or Baston both would be gone by now, however things are much different now, and dare I say, I think Birch is doing a great job of running a headcase of a club.

Depends if Leeds got promoted or not but if they bottled it like they always do he would have come back to us and probably then gone off to United for the same price. £1.5m loan fee banked.
Ayew Staying on 22:16 - Sep 1 with 1733 viewsBanosswan

Still 4th favourite with the bookies

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Ayew Staying on 22:35 - Sep 1 with 1654 viewsGeoffThom

Ayew Staying on 21:33 - Sep 1 by Darran

Who’d have thunk it?

It 0was there in preseason apparently teabags
Ayew Staying on 22:54 - Sep 1 with 1573 viewsGVJack

Well we're obviously going up... Question is do we give Baston a new contract and Keep Ayew for the Prem0or cash in next summer?
Ayew Staying on 23:06 - Sep 1 with 1533 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ayew Staying on 21:56 - Sep 1 by Dr_Winston

If Ayew is to be believed then decent offers were received yet he's still here.

The sales of both McBurnie and James have made a massive difference to the clubs outlook. I'd imagine that deep down Birch and co would prefer to not have Baston, Ayew and probably a couple of others on the payroll but there's breathing space now.

Remarkable how many read the article but didn’t comprehend it. From the first game he played Ayew has looked fiercely committed and from that game on we’ve won every one of them. Fantastic news for all involved with our magnificent club. Great work Birchy!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024