Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ayew Staying 19:00 - Sep 1 with 14742 viewstreehuggerjack

Looks that way!
https://www.swanseacity.com/news/andre-ayew-commits-swansea-city
Ayew Staying on 23:21 - Sep 1 with 2120 viewsHighjack

Ayew Staying on 22:54 - Sep 1 by GVJack

Well we're obviously going up... Question is do we give Baston a new contract and Keep Ayew for the Prem0or cash in next summer?

If we go up there’ll be no issue about being able to afford them.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Ayew Staying on 23:23 - Sep 1 with 2115 viewsNotLoyal

Ayew Staying on 19:49 - Sep 1 by perchrockjack

Well,I will stick my neck out .Sticky this,if you want.
Ayew and Baston stay,we go up-Automatic.

If we avoid injuries and our owners keep their nerve then we will have a real problem by being promoted as we will have to then upgrade.
Good problem to have.

Bring it on.

Owners might not be as kuntish as some thought nor as deceiful.Now ,this would lead to many posters choking on humble pie bbut who gives a monkeys .Let us move on and upwards.

DO IT

If the way they got the club wasn't decietful Perchy then I'm at a loss to know what is.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2019 23:24]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Ayew Staying on 23:25 - Sep 1 with 2109 viewsNotLoyal

Ayew Staying on 20:37 - Sep 1 by Darran

What happens if someone offers £5million for Ayew tomorrow?

You can half that they would still sell him.

OK I've changed it.

Ayew Staying on 06:39 - Sep 2 with 1909 viewsjackal

Ayew Staying on 20:44 - Sep 1 by jack247

Way before we sold McBurnie. A deal was effectively done for James a long time before it happened. He certainly knew James was going when he said it.

I hate to see our players leave but with Baston staying the MacBurnie deal looks good.

Selling James for £15 million was appalling. Had he gone to Leeds for £7million in January, it would have been criminal.
Ayew Staying on 06:59 - Sep 2 with 1892 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ayew Staying on 23:25 - Sep 1 by NotLoyal

You can half that they would still sell him.

Well if he’s saying he’s had offers and he wants to stay I don’t think the club can make him leave.
If a club offered 10 million but if he doesn’t want to go or they’re offering him significantly less money he’s within his rights to refuse the move. The player is in complete control.
Why so negative?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ayew Staying on 08:51 - Sep 2 with 1765 viewsbakajack

Ayew Staying on 20:01 - Sep 1 by ItchySphincter

Ahh, another one for the collection.

The chairman said he had to sell them as they were “ crippling the club”, in his words. At that time we had to sell the “family silver”, my words, because we couldn’t shift them.

Context is everything and I can’t help it if you can’t grasp simple facts. My point was all about what the chairman said and nothing to do with the players.

Hope that clears it up for you and you can stop obsessing about me now.

I believe Birch's words were "potentially crippling the club"?
Ayew Staying on 09:27 - Sep 2 with 1695 viewsUxbridge

Ayew Staying on 23:06 - Sep 1 by Brynmill_Jack

Remarkable how many read the article but didn’t comprehend it. From the first game he played Ayew has looked fiercely committed and from that game on we’ve won every one of them. Fantastic news for all involved with our magnificent club. Great work Birchy!

As a general point, remarkable how many read any article such as this and take it as gospel.

Not that any of that matters. This is excellent news for our prospects this season. Right decision to keep him til January, regardless of anything else. Ayew's been nothing but committed and motivated since he's been in the team. All credit to him, Cooper and anyone else involved.

I almost wish we hadn't won on Saturday. My optimism levels are only going up, and I dread to think how they'll be by the time we play Florist.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Ayew Staying on 09:31 - Sep 2 with 1687 viewsNotLoyal

Ayew Staying on 06:59 - Sep 2 by Brynmill_Jack

Well if he’s saying he’s had offers and he wants to stay I don’t think the club can make him leave.
If a club offered 10 million but if he doesn’t want to go or they’re offering him significantly less money he’s within his rights to refuse the move. The player is in complete control.
Why so negative?

I'm very positive but realistic.

OK I've changed it.

Login to get fewer ads

Ayew Staying on 09:35 - Sep 2 with 1669 viewsBadlands

No one came in for him and we are doing well.
The sale of James and McBurnie for far higher fees than were expected and all the others taken off the payroll mean we can survive until January and possibly the end of the season.
Both Pearlman and Birch confirmed the majority shareholders would look at finding investment for the team in January if we looked like promotion candidates. As things stand we are showing signs there is a strong possibility that we are going to be well placed in January and I think our 'investment' will be to keep Ayew and Borja an unless there are injuries in key positions we won't see any new names.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Ayew Staying on 10:13 - Sep 2 with 1602 viewsDr_Winston

The more I think about our prospects the more optimistic I become, which is a bit scary after the last few years.

Not many teams at this level can boast an attacking trio of the quality of Baston, Ayew and Celina, or a defensive pairing like VdH and Rodon. Plus strength in depth in most positions. Cooper also seems to understand that a well organised, well drilled team is capable of performing beyond the limitations of the personnel involved.

Put those ingredients together and we could be looking at a very good season indeed.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ayew Staying on 10:38 - Sep 2 with 1542 viewsandypitt56

Ayew Staying on 10:13 - Sep 2 by Dr_Winston

The more I think about our prospects the more optimistic I become, which is a bit scary after the last few years.

Not many teams at this level can boast an attacking trio of the quality of Baston, Ayew and Celina, or a defensive pairing like VdH and Rodon. Plus strength in depth in most positions. Cooper also seems to understand that a well organised, well drilled team is capable of performing beyond the limitations of the personnel involved.

Put those ingredients together and we could be looking at a very good season indeed.

What i find most exciting is that if you look at the Leeds game and the Birmingham game, two totally different types of wins. How long has it been since we were able to do that?? Bodes very well imo.
Ayew Staying on 10:53 - Sep 2 with 1515 viewsJackSomething

Ayew Staying on 22:10 - Sep 1 by jasper_T

Depends if Leeds got promoted or not but if they bottled it like they always do he would have come back to us and probably then gone off to United for the same price. £1.5m loan fee banked.

Given United's haphazard approach to transfers these days, I highly doubt they would have been interested in James without his FA cup exploits.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Ayew Staying on 10:59 - Sep 2 with 1505 viewsjasper_T

Ayew Staying on 10:53 - Sep 2 by JackSomething

Given United's haphazard approach to transfers these days, I highly doubt they would have been interested in James without his FA cup exploits.

Not even with Gigg's seal of approval?
Ayew Staying on 11:25 - Sep 2 with 1457 viewsBadlands

Ayew Staying on 10:59 - Sep 2 by jasper_T

I wonder what he will fill Joe Rodon's head with?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Ayew Staying on 11:31 - Sep 2 with 1440 viewsjack247

Ayew Staying on 22:10 - Sep 1 by jasper_T

Depends if Leeds got promoted or not but if they bottled it like they always do he would have come back to us and probably then gone off to United for the same price. £1.5m loan fee banked.

That’s assuming he’d have had the same impact at Leeds as he did from January onwards here.

If he did, they’d probably have been promoted and signed him for half what we got for him, if he didn’t, United wouldn’t have been so keen on him and wouldn’t have paid £15m.
Ayew Staying on 11:44 - Sep 2 with 1404 viewsHighjack

Ayew Staying on 11:25 - Sep 2 by Badlands

Probably spunk knowing Giggs.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Ayew Staying on 11:47 - Sep 2 with 1393 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ayew Staying on 10:13 - Sep 2 by Dr_Winston

I was thinking of the Leeds game and for some reason my mind wandered back to Rotherham away last year. One nil up, 70% plus possession but we weren’t ruthless enough to kill them off. Potter tried to defend a one nil lead and we wound up losing 2-1.

I can’t see Cooper ever doing what Potter did or allowing that to happen . Fills me with genuine optimism.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ayew Staying on 11:48 - Sep 2 with 1393 viewsjasper_T

Ayew Staying on 11:25 - Sep 2 by Badlands

Joe's doing the media interviews with Wales today.
Ayew Staying on 11:50 - Sep 2 with 1388 viewsDr_Winston

Ayew Staying on 11:47 - Sep 2 by Brynmill_Jack

I was thinking of the Leeds game and for some reason my mind wandered back to Rotherham away last year. One nil up, 70% plus possession but we weren’t ruthless enough to kill them off. Potter tried to defend a one nil lead and we wound up losing 2-1.

I can’t see Cooper ever doing what Potter did or allowing that to happen . Fills me with genuine optimism.

The squad is a year older and a year wiser, but Potter settling for a point at Rotherham whilst Cooper made attacking subs at QPR is telling.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ayew Staying on 11:59 - Sep 2 with 1375 viewsjackrmee

Ayew Staying on 11:50 - Sep 2 by Dr_Winston

The squad is a year older and a year wiser, but Potter settling for a point at Rotherham whilst Cooper made attacking subs at QPR is telling.

Potter always made attacking subs as well to be fair

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Ayew Staying on 12:03 - Sep 2 with 1357 viewsJackSomething

Ayew Staying on 10:59 - Sep 2 by jasper_T

Possibly. Personally I think they saw him put in a strong showing against Man City (plus his widely-seen goal in the previous round) and thought they could sign a young promising player on the cheap, therefore somehow proving they're not a basket case of a club throwing money at any high profile player willing to go there...

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Ayew Staying on 12:18 - Sep 2 with 1297 viewssainthelens

Ayew Staying on 11:50 - Sep 2 by Dr_Winston

Most telling point so far for me was the 90 th minute corner at Lids, could have stayed in the corner for the point, but he went for the win. To me shows confidence and barrow full of belief in our team.
Ayew Staying on 12:25 - Sep 2 with 1284 viewsbakajack

Delighted that Ayaw has committed to staying (taken with as much as a pinch of salt as possible since we all know how football is). You could probably count the number of players with as much big game experience and knowhow in the Championship as Ayew on one hand.

Also I agree that Cooper seems to have an incredible knack for picking substitutions that make a positive change on the game. How often have his substitutions so far this season scored, assisted or won a penalty?

Genuine question now that I have asked it, I am curious to know.
Ayew Staying on 12:29 - Sep 2 with 1276 views34dfgdf54

Ayew Staying on 12:18 - Sep 2 by sainthelens

Most telling point so far for me was the 90 th minute corner at Lids, could have stayed in the corner for the point, but he went for the win. To me shows confidence and barrow full of belief in our team.

Agreed, 8 of our lot in and around the box for the corner. He takes us into every game expecting nothing less than 3 points. Credit to him.
Ayew Staying on 12:54 - Sep 2 with 1216 viewskarnataka

Ayew Staying on 22:54 - Sep 1 by GVJack

Well we're obviously going up... Question is do we give Baston a new contract and Keep Ayew for the Prem0or cash in next summer?

I would like to think that we've learned something from our Prem days about the sort of contracts we can and cannot afford as a club even if we do get back to the Prem. The sort of money Andre was (and still is) being paid was probably unsustainable even with the riches of a Prem income. With only a year left on his contract, it would probably on balance be worth keeping AA in the event of promotion as replacing his talents would not be easy or much cheaper but we shouldn't be handing out those sort of contracts anymore regardless of what division we're in.

If Cooper gets us up this season, he is the one who will most deserve a lucrative contract to try and keep him at the club and see off the circling vultures. Could see a club like Everton ending up looking for a new manager next summer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024