Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ayew Staying 19:00 - Sep 1 with 14739 viewstreehuggerjack

Looks that way!
https://www.swanseacity.com/news/andre-ayew-commits-swansea-city
Ayew Staying on 09:15 - Sep 3 with 1834 viewsCooperman

Ayew Staying on 09:13 - Sep 3 by AustinIsOurHero

Has Ayew only got a year left? Thought he had at least 2?

End of next season.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Ayew Staying on 10:04 - Sep 3 with 1773 viewsDr_Winston

If Ayew keeps going the way he is as one of the proven PL quality players we already possess I'd hope that we'd be in no rush to get rid if we go up.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ayew Staying on 10:14 - Sep 3 with 1751 viewsFireboy2

Ayew Staying on 10:04 - Sep 3 by Dr_Winston

If Ayew keeps going the way he is as one of the proven PL quality players we already possess I'd hope that we'd be in no rush to get rid if we go up.

This ^

If we do go up we will need his experience.
Ayew Staying on 10:43 - Sep 3 with 1714 viewsCooperman

Ayew Staying on 10:04 - Sep 3 by Dr_Winston

I initially thought similar but my counter argument then became that I don’t believe that the owners would want a wage structure that reached the sort of ceiling that Ayew is on as that would also set a benchmark for the incoming players that would inevitably arrive.

Ayew Staying on 11:30 - Sep 3 with 1667 viewsDr_Winston

Ayew Staying on 10:43 - Sep 3 by Cooperman

I initially thought similar but my counter argument then became that I don’t believe that the owners would want a wage structure that reached the sort of ceiling that Ayew is on as that would also set a benchmark for the incoming players that would inevitably arrive.

Lot of sense in that. Hopefully we'll be in a position to find out soon.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ayew Staying on 12:04 - Sep 3 with 1624 viewsCooperman

Ayew Staying on 11:30 - Sep 3 by Dr_Winston

Lot of sense in that. Hopefully we'll be in a position to find out soon.

Yeah, I'm trying very hard not to get carried away.

Ayew Staying on 14:43 - Sep 3 with 1534 viewsbakajack

Ayew Staying on 12:04 - Sep 3 by Cooperman

Yeah, I'm trying very hard not to get carried away.

Indeed, two weeks of thumb twiddling makes it hard not to get carried away without a "Swans Special" getting thumped by a team we have no business losing to (4-0 away vs QPR springs to mind) to dampen our optimism.
Ayew Staying on 15:08 - Sep 3 with 1516 viewsperchrockjack

Look ,boys. Listen up.

We are going back to the PL so those not a liking not being able to sit where they want with whom they want and having to fight for a ticket,just fook off and get used to it.

If Ayew stays ,he will be worth 30m .We can sell at profit and get quality replacement ,if we are smart.

Grimes will be a 25 m player and Garrick possibly. Future star man.

Baston should be offered an extended contract .dyer and routs were.

Future is bright but ,if you are of soft disposition stay out of Liverpool,Manchester and Newcastle. Leeds too as they will go up with us .

North eh.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

Ayew Staying on 15:15 - Sep 3 with 1506 viewsjasper_T

No one's paying £30m for a 30 year old off a good or even great season in the Championship. Not when he has one year left on £80k a week.
Ayew Staying on 15:27 - Sep 3 with 1488 viewsBrynmill_Jack

June 2021 I think his contract expires

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ayew Staying on 16:45 - Sep 3 with 1402 viewsDr_Winston

Ayew Staying on 15:27 - Sep 3 by Brynmill_Jack

June 2021 I think his contract expires

Two years remaining as of this summer was my understanding which would make you right.

Ayew Staying on 18:01 - Sep 3 with 1321 viewsjack247

Ayew Staying on 15:15 - Sep 3 by jasper_T

No one's paying £30m for a 30 year old off a good or even great season in the Championship. Not when he has one year left on £80k a week.

It’s Perch mun. He’s quite entertaining, but he’s all piss and bluster when it comes to football.
Ayew Staying on 18:14 - Sep 3 with 1312 viewsDr_Winston

Ayew Staying on 18:01 - Sep 3 by jack247

It’s Perch mun. He’s quite entertaining, but he’s all piss and bluster when it comes to football.

Helluva turnaround for him on Matt Grimes too.

Ayew Staying on 19:39 - Sep 3 with 1246 viewsJackSomething

Ayew Staying on 18:01 - Sep 3 by jack247

He's gone from the doom and gloom merchant who couldn't stop complaining about the team when we were tearing League One apart to the man who says we're promoted after just 6 games. I'm loving it.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Ayew Staying on 20:50 - Sep 3 with 1208 viewsblackflyingswan

Ayew Staying on 19:16 - Sep 1 by Darran

That’s Baston off then. 😂

F**k Off Darran you miserable Bastard.Always on the down side,
Ayew Staying on 22:34 - Sep 3 with 1150 viewsjack247

Ayew Staying on 19:39 - Sep 3 by JackSomething

He's gone from the doom and gloom merchant who couldn't stop complaining about the team when we were tearing League One apart to the man who says we're promoted after just 6 games. I'm loving it.

He’s entitled to change his mind. It’s the way he posts like an authority talking down to people who don’t have his depth of football knowledge that gets me.
Ayew Staying on 22:44 - Sep 3 with 1139 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ayew Staying on 20:50 - Sep 3 by blackflyingswan

F**k Off Darran you miserable Bastard.Always on the down side,

He's got your attention. That's all he ever wants of anyone, their attention.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ayew Staying on 22:50 - Sep 3 with 1132 viewsJackSomething

Ayew Staying on 22:34 - Sep 3 by jack247

He’s entitled to change his mind. It’s the way he posts like an authority talking down to people who don’t have his depth of football knowledge that gets me.

I know, me too. He's already going to be mad with me for saying he used to be a 'doom and gloom merchant', so I may as well go ahead and point out that his posting style more resembles his previous nemesis T2C than he may like.

I was also hoping his time away would have taught him to ignore comments about Liverpool or at least not respond by slating Swansea, but that seems a forlorn hope. Which is a shame.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Ayew Staying on 10:26 - Sep 4 with 1053 viewsmynamesjeff1

End of next season.
Ayew Staying on 11:21 - Sep 4 with 1024 viewsNotLoyal

Ayew Staying on 15:08 - Sep 3 by perchrockjack

Look ,boys. Listen up.

We are going back to the PL so those not a liking not being able to sit where they want with whom they want and having to fight for a ticket,just fook off and get used to it.

If Ayew stays ,he will be worth 30m .We can sell at profit and get quality replacement ,if we are smart.

Grimes will be a 25 m player and Garrick possibly. Future star man.

Baston should be offered an extended contract .dyer and routs were.

Future is bright but ,if you are of soft disposition stay out of Liverpool,Manchester and Newcastle. Leeds too as they will go up with us .

North eh.

Girls included ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Ayew Staying on 12:10 - Sep 4 with 983 viewsMrSwerve

Ayew Staying on 10:43 - Sep 3 by Cooperman

Not that I disagree with being sensible - but if (big if) we get to the PL, I'd guess that we'd bring in at least 1 or 2 players that would be earning 50k+ p/w...if you want quality additions in the PL you generally have to pay for it. With the money on offer in the PL, it's hard to negotiate with agents for lower wages.

We probably have a good few players on promotion wage increase bonuses too.

I think we'd have to keep Ayew were we to get promoted - fits in with the squad and can deliver at the highest level. It's not really too much of a gamble.

I can see where you're coming from, though.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Ayew Staying on 13:39 - Sep 4 with 941 viewsCooperman

Ayew Staying on 12:10 - Sep 4 by MrSwerve

Not that I disagree with being sensible - but if (big if) we get to the PL, I'd guess that we'd bring in at least 1 or 2 players that would be earning 50k+ p/w...if you want quality additions in the PL you generally have to pay for it. With the money on offer in the PL, it's hard to negotiate with agents for lower wages.

We probably have a good few players on promotion wage increase bonuses too.

I think we'd have to keep Ayew were we to get promoted - fits in with the squad and can deliver at the highest level. It's not really too much of a gamble.

I can see where you're coming from, though.

My fear was very much a gaggle of the Central European ‘next big thing’ turning up and wanting wages on a par with A Ayew.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024