Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do we WANT Premier League football???? 16:13 - Sep 2 with 12019 viewsGammon

Lots of Swans fans I know are enjoying life in the Champ these days. No stress of going down, matches are better and we dominate games more often than not....

I don't know if I can handle life back in the Prem. Its too stressful and with our owners we come straight back down anyway.
Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 16:17 - Sep 2 with 5750 viewsAl_Bundy

I miss our Danish, Korean and Swedish fans ... they have disappeared now along with our plastic part time glory hunters . I would go back to the Prem so we can talk about stadium expansions again.
Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 16:17 - Sep 2 with 5742 viewsSTID2017

Aye let's not bother being ambitious then.
Just stay as a middle of the table or even better go down to the third tier where life is so much less stressful

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 16:17 - Sep 2 with 5745 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Why would we come straight back down with these owners?

They threw loads of money at trying to stay up but Jenkins spent it unbelievably badly.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 16:18 - Sep 2 with 5738 viewsjasper_T

Ticket sales suggest a lot of people do, yeah.

Financially we'll need it to avoid selling our best players every season, which had many on here in bits all through the summer.
Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 16:24 - Sep 2 with 5690 viewsperchrockjack

Why go for second best.

We were plenty comfortable in the Premier League.

Millions not heard of SwanseaWales,before we got there.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 16:29 - Sep 2 with 5690 viewsandypitt56

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 16:24 - Sep 2 by perchrockjack

Why go for second best.

We were plenty comfortable in the Premier League.

Millions not heard of SwanseaWales,before we got there.

For me it means its easier to watch the games as I cannot get to swansea. I used to try to see the closer away games and get to one of two home games. Ive just had a kid so I cannot do that so easily anymore.
Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 16:35 - Sep 2 with 5652 viewsMrSwerve

Of course we want to be in the PL. FFS.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 16:36 - Sep 2 with 5650 viewsPozuelosSideys

What a snowflake. The OP must be about 14 and have confidence issues.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Login to get fewer ads

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 16:40 - Sep 2 with 5627 viewsjackrmee

It wasn't stressful when we first went up. It was fuking amazing! We were the talk of world football. We deserved our place there and we were playing great football. It became stressfull when we were playing like kunts and desperately trying to avoid conceding, and eventually relegation. If we can stick to our principles, we will remove the stressors :)

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 16:44 - Sep 2 with 5601 viewsDr_Winston

Being in the Premier League was great until certain people got greedy and arrogant.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 16:45 - Sep 2 with 5591 viewsBadlands

Good question.
Unless we could be mid-table, at least, I honestly can't see the attraction of paying a small fortune to watch us getting battered and constantly looking at relegation.
Winning the odd game against a 'big team' doesn't make us a big team or even competitive.
We did well under Rodgers and Laudrup and I would give almost anything for another European adventure gut generally I'm happy watching us doing well at any level.
Why would our owners make a difference - we were on the skids before they arrived which is why the sane shareholders raised they bring in new management - the only ways we would get money in from a new regime would be to borrow either form the shareholders or from banks.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 16:51 - Sep 2 with 5558 viewsPegojack

Of course we want to be in the Premier League. The moment we stop striving to play at the highest level we can, we might as well give up.
Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 16:54 - Sep 2 with 5537 viewsmynamesjeff1

If we go up and come back down at least we will be financially stable. In fact we’d actually have a lot of cash.
Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 16:54 - Sep 2 with 5531 viewsCaptain_Sham

Of course we want to go up. We just have to play the first season with whatever players got us up.
Honestly think yoyo between the Prem and Championship could be profitable in the extreme if you could pull it off.

Its just a ride.

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 16:59 - Sep 2 with 5492 viewsBadlands

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 16:51 - Sep 2 by Pegojack

Of course we want to be in the Premier League. The moment we stop striving to play at the highest level we can, we might as well give up.

Why should we give up?
If the aim is to be the best all but one is doomed to failure.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 17:01 - Sep 2 with 5479 viewsjackrmee

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 16:54 - Sep 2 by Captain_Sham

Of course we want to go up. We just have to play the first season with whatever players got us up.
Honestly think yoyo between the Prem and Championship could be profitable in the extreme if you could pull it off.

Fuk yoyoing. What's the point in that?
I'd take it for a few years if it brought us some financial clout, but I think we could stay up and be poster boys again without it.
We are working on becoming financially stable, so yoyoing shouldn't be a requirement.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 17:07 - Sep 2 with 5452 viewsMrSwerve

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 16:59 - Sep 2 by Badlands

Why should we give up?

We should aim to do the best that a club of our stature can achieve - which is arguably just inside the top half of the Premier League.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 17:12 - Sep 2 with 5420 viewsDrGonzo

I've loved the championship. Worrying about staying up every year was very tiresome.

However you've got to be ambitious. I just hope we've learnt from previous mistakes and if we did get promoted then we'd not abandon our principles.

One of the biggest cockups for me was not expanding the stadium. Should have been done at year 1 in the PL. We've lost years of youngsters not being able to go. You can point to lower attendances now but it don't wash with me. We've missed a trick there. There should be more seats available and at lower prices.
Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 17:13 - Sep 2 with 5410 viewsPegojack

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 16:59 - Sep 2 by Badlands

Why should we give up?

Don't misquote me you clown. I didn't say to be the best, I said to play at the highest level we can.
Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 17:14 - Sep 2 with 5407 viewsjack247

‘I don’t know if I can handle life back in the Prem’ is one of the most embarrassing comments I’ve ever read on here.
Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 17:18 - Sep 2 with 5379 viewsjackal

What are we playing for, if not promotion?

I loved the Prem. It was my favourite time as a Swan's fan.
Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 17:19 - Sep 2 with 5375 viewsNotLoyal

Of course they are enjoying the championship we play superb football, even last season, we score goals and are top of the league, would it be the same if we were in the same place as Joke Shitty ?... I doubt it.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2019 19:20]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 17:20 - Sep 2 with 5371 viewssainthelens

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 16:35 - Sep 2 by MrSwerve

Of course we want to be in the PL. FFS.

This .
And remember it was Birch who got Abromovich to Chelsea. If the the yanks look to sell then perhaps he could wangle a bitta magic.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2019 17:23]
Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 17:24 - Sep 2 with 5343 viewsmonmouth

Only Cardiff come straight back down, they are excellent at it. 100% record. They don’t generally enjoy the championship either because they watch kick and clap dogshit.

Perhaps the op is thinking of them and has got himself lost on the internet and ended up on a rival’s board.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 17:28 - Sep 2 with 5316 viewsjacks777

Yeah let’s start losing games......ffs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024