Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do we WANT Premier League football???? 16:13 - Sep 2 with 12150 viewsGammon

Lots of Swans fans I know are enjoying life in the Champ these days. No stress of going down, matches are better and we dominate games more often than not....

I don't know if I can handle life back in the Prem. Its too stressful and with our owners we come straight back down anyway.
Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 17:36 - Sep 2 with 1629 viewsMrSwerve

The OP says 'no pressure of going down'...well, yeah, at the moment. If we stagnate and a lot of our players end up leaving, we may well be under pressure of relegation. Then it'll be L1 football and 'do we really want Championship football?'

Race to the bottom.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 17:37 - Sep 2 with 1622 viewsTailGunner

Aim for the stars. What's the point otherwise?
Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 17:42 - Sep 2 with 1618 viewsGroo

If we want to keep our Cat 1 academy then absolutely.

Groo does what Groo does best

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 17:46 - Sep 2 with 1606 viewsGlyn1

Someone pointed out that Derby, Notts Forest and Leeds have each been in the Championship for 10 or more years now, and their fans are desperate to get out of it.

Anyway, seeing as we've only played 6 (six) games discussions like this are very premature. Lose our next three matches and see how "happy" the folks on Planet Swans will be.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2019 17:47]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 17:48 - Sep 2 with 1597 viewsjackrmee

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 17:46 - Sep 2 by Glyn1

Someone pointed out that Derby, Notts Forest and Leeds have each been in the Championship for 10 or more years now, and their fans are desperate to get out of it.

Anyway, seeing as we've only played 6 (six) games discussions like this are very premature. Lose our next three matches and see how "happy" the folks on Planet Swans will be.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2019 17:47]

And they've all spent fukloads of cash.
We can do it, by playing the game differently. Like we did before.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 17:49 - Sep 2 with 1591 viewsGlyn1

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 16:54 - Sep 2 by Captain_Sham

Of course we want to go up. We just have to play the first season with whatever players got us up.
Honestly think yoyo between the Prem and Championship could be profitable in the extreme if you could pull it off.

It wouldn't be that profitable though. If you go down and then go straight up again, you lose some of your parachute payments (which is fair enough).

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 17:56 - Sep 2 with 1578 viewsairedale

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 17:49 - Sep 2 by Glyn1

It wouldn't be that profitable though. If you go down and then go straight up again, you lose some of your parachute payments (which is fair enough).

So if we went back up this season, how long would we have to be in the PL to qualify for full parachute wonga again?
Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 18:03 - Sep 2 with 1565 viewsjack2jack

I'm pretty sure if you asked the players,staff, Steve Cooper, they would say absolutely yes, it's what they work for.
As for me, absolutely yes. You have to take the rough with the smooth.
Login to get fewer ads

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 18:05 - Sep 2 with 1561 viewsOldjack

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 16:40 - Sep 2 by jackrmee

It wasn't stressful when we first went up. It was fuking amazing! We were the talk of world football. We deserved our place there and we were playing great football. It became stressfull when we were playing like kunts and desperately trying to avoid conceding, and eventually relegation. If we can stick to our principles, we will remove the stressors :)

This ,now should we dine at the top table again next season and we can by some miracle keep hold of Cooper man i'll be confident we'll hold our own
[Post edited 4 Sep 2019 19:16]

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 18:15 - Sep 2 with 1550 viewsThrasher6

The fact is that we only have a few years left of the Premier League as we know it. There's a European League coming...it's an unstoppable train, and we will be left to play football without our richer cousins. And good riddance to them...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 18:17 - Sep 2 with 1544 viewsbuilthjack

In sport, always try and get to the highest level possible.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 18:20 - Sep 2 with 1531 viewsjackrmee

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 18:15 - Sep 2 by Thrasher6

The fact is that we only have a few years left of the Premier League as we know it. There's a European League coming...it's an unstoppable train, and we will be left to play football without our richer cousins. And good riddance to them...

I find that hard to believe, but if that does happen, all the better for us, as we will be closer to the top. And all the more important that we go back up sooner rather than later. If a Euro Superleague actually does appear, we need to be further ahead and earn more bunsen than them down the road before the TV money disappears with the Euro league.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 18:22 - Sep 2 with 1522 viewsGaryjack

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 17:56 - Sep 2 by airedale

So if we went back up this season, how long would we have to be in the PL to qualify for full parachute wonga again?

We'd have to stay up in our first season.
Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 18:23 - Sep 2 with 1519 viewsFlashberryjack

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 16:51 - Sep 2 by Pegojack

Of course we want to be in the Premier League. The moment we stop striving to play at the highest level we can, we might as well give up.

This with bells on.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 18:37 - Sep 2 with 1481 viewsFireboy2

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 18:17 - Sep 2 by builthjack

In sport, always try and get to the highest level possible.

This ^

Yes its enjoyable in the championship playing at grounds with less numbers but more atmosphere is fantasic but ateotd its in the british dna, we try our hardest to win every game to ultimately win promotion to the next league even though that some of the grouds in next league for us are soulless.

But as glyn has mentioned we are only 6 games into the season, if we are in the top 6 in february we can seriously talk about promotion.
Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 18:53 - Sep 2 with 1444 viewsPrivate_Partz

Definite YES from me.
What's the point of competing if you don't want to be the best and play at the highest level?
Didn't find the Prem at all stressful. We knew which teams we needed to beat and enjoyed playing the big boys and taking the bonuses of victory when they happened.
It happened often as well. We made a fine fist of it up until the last 2 years or so.
The prestige it brought to the Club and City was enormous.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2019 19:18]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 18:54 - Sep 2 with 1443 viewsBlasterJack

As the pavement says "Ambition is critical"

(although I'm pretty sure the OP is a fishing expedition)

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 19:15 - Sep 2 with 1403 viewsthe_gasman

I'm buzzing in the here and now to be honest. It's a great feeling being top of any table.

Poll: The best thing about the new Planet Swans forum is...

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 19:20 - Sep 2 with 1386 viewsNotLoyal

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 17:28 - Sep 2 by jacks777

Yeah let’s start losing games......ffs.

It's the voices isn't it ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 19:44 - Sep 2 with 1341 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 16:45 - Sep 2 by Badlands

Good question.
Unless we could be mid-table, at least, I honestly can't see the attraction of paying a small fortune to watch us getting battered and constantly looking at relegation.
Winning the odd game against a 'big team' doesn't make us a big team or even competitive.
We did well under Rodgers and Laudrup and I would give almost anything for another European adventure gut generally I'm happy watching us doing well at any level.
Why would our owners make a difference - we were on the skids before they arrived which is why the sane shareholders raised they bring in new management - the only ways we would get money in from a new regime would be to borrow either form the shareholders or from banks.

How many teams battered us over the last 8 years? What a f*cking ridiculous statement. Are you are Cardiff fan? They did actually have bartering to moan about.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 20:12 - Sep 2 with 1305 viewsthornabyswan

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 19:44 - Sep 2 by Brynmill_Jack

How many teams battered us over the last 8 years? What a f*cking ridiculous statement. Are you are Cardiff fan? They did actually have bartering to moan about.

I want us to get to the PL.

But its far more enjoyable in the Championship strange really.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 20:31 - Sep 2 with 1260 viewsrockinjk

Ridiculous

I enjoy the championship but you have to aim to be with the Elite

I really sincerely hope we get promotion
Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 20:34 - Sep 2 with 1251 viewsGaryjack

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 20:12 - Sep 2 by thornabyswan

I want us to get to the PL.

But its far more enjoyable in the Championship strange really.

Nothing strange about that. Just like there's nothing strange about Cardiff fans pretending they prefer the Championship anyway as every time they go up, they come straight back down!
Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 20:48 - Sep 2 with 1226 viewsthornabyswan

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 20:34 - Sep 2 by Garyjack

Nothing strange about that. Just like there's nothing strange about Cardiff fans pretending they prefer the Championship anyway as every time they go up, they come straight back down!

They must have liked it in the 1920s they stayed there for 8 seasons then still going on about it

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 20:56 - Sep 2 with 1211 viewsGaryjack

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 20:48 - Sep 2 by thornabyswan

They must have liked it in the 1920s they stayed there for 8 seasons then still going on about it

I find it highly amusing when they say we believe football only started in the Premier league era, when they have to go back 90 years to bring up their most successful times! There is not a Cardiff City fan alive today that has seen their club enjoy the highs that we have.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024